PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Style vs Crane Style - a true story

Warrior_Man
12-03-2012, 08:18 AM
Because this got deleted IMMEDIATELY and for no reason, I would like to share it again. This is not an ancient fable, but rather a real event of something that happened to my master.

One day, my master was training in the Eagle Style - particularly working on our family Ditang Quan. A rival from the Zonge Quan school came over with a band of ruffians with ever intention of disturbing my master's practice, and brandished a flashy document to show how qualified he was. "Eagle boy, show us what you've got!" My master continued his form without listening. "Oi, buffoon, you're rubbish compared to us". Again, my master with his characteristic calm went on with his practice. This annoyed the leader of the pack, who jumped forward and threw a crane palm towards my master's face.

Manipulating his wrist to expose a gap, my master threw a strike to the heart meridian under the armpit before smashing him into the others. As it happened, he was simply following the form!

The hoodlums bowed down, humbled by the experience, and begged for forgiveness. My master simply replied, "No need to beg, you have learned that many documents aren't worth the paper they're printed on. Be humble and train hard my brethren"

Lucas
12-03-2012, 08:58 AM
really? This is what you bring? Don't YOU ever get tired of spending your time writing horribly written, horribly thought out, horrible stories? We all know this is utter b.s.

Just stop, you aren't even partially decent. You are wholly pathetic....

Quit making up crap stories and flooding the wrong section with false, bad, tales that no one likes.

sanjuro_ronin
12-03-2012, 09:02 AM
"Hoodlums"? seriously?
"Ruffians"?
This is time for a Jim Kelly moment:
"You're right out of a comic book".
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7kl88OiPb1qfgcv5o2_400.gif

Shǎguā
12-03-2012, 09:10 AM
More masturbatory fantasy from Warrior Man.

That rush you felt when you clicked "submit" does not excuse the fact that you're basically jizzing in public.

Shadow_Trickery
12-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Because this got deleted IMMEDIATELY and for no reason, I would like to share it again. This is not an ancient fable, but rather a real event of something that happened to my master.

One day, my master was training in the Eagle Style - particularly working on our family Ditang Quan. A rival from the Zonge Quan school came over with a band of ruffians with ever intention of disturbing my master's practice, and brandished a flashy document to show how qualified he was. "Eagle boy, show us what you've got!" My master continued his form without listening. "Oi, buffoon, you're rubbish compared to us". Again, my master with his characteristic calm went on with his practice. This annoyed the leader of the pack, who jumped forward and threw a crane palm towards my master's face.

Manipulating his wrist to expose a gap, my master threw a strike to the heart meridian under the armpit before smashing him into the others. As it happened, he was simply following the form!

The hoodlums bowed down, humbled by the experience, and begged for forgiveness. My master simply replied, "No need to beg, you have learned that many documents aren't worth the paper they're printed on. Be humble and train hard my brethren"

Putting the obvious question of legitimacy aside, this is actually fairly interesting.

YouKnowWho
12-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Sometime when someone starts a thread. I don't know that thread is "for discussion" or is just for "I say and you listen".

A: This is how I do ...
B: I prefer to do this way ...
A: I'm not asking your opinion. If you shut up, I won't assume you are mute.
B: ...

Lucas
12-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Putting the obvious question of legitimacy aside, this is actually fairly interesting.

No, it is not. Stop talking to your self.

YouKnowWho
12-04-2012, 12:19 AM
The animal style seems to get puopular in BJJ.

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu: The Animals Drill - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNJk_OEO5MU&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LLRINkxuBnVJw8X0Z5CP3ESQ)

RenDaHai
12-04-2012, 04:49 AM
The animal style seems to get puopular in BJJ.

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu: The Animals Drill - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNJk_OEO5MU&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LLRINkxuBnVJw8X0Z5CP3ESQ)

Those are good conditioning.

He puts them together at the end. You realise somehow this sequence will get passed down and in 1000 years only that sequence will be left and people will think thats what BJJ was. And there will be a forum arguing the benefits of practicing the animals over actual grappling. And people will be really annoyed if anyone does the scorpion walk even slightly differently.

Minghequan
12-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Warrior Man,

A couple of simple easy to answer questions:

1/. Waht in the Blue Hell is "Zonge Quan" :confused:
2/. please describe the "Crane Palm" Was it related to Zhao yang?

3/. This is the big one .............. Exactly who in the Blue Hell is you Master??? What is his name, where does he live and what is his style or styles?

None of these should be terribly hard for you to answer simply, clearly and directly so please don't write copious amounts back-peddling ... just answer these 3 very easy and very simply questions. Thank you!

I await your clear and concise answers

GeneChing
12-06-2012, 10:58 AM
I await your clear and concise answers Seriously?

Minghequan
12-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Gene, No not seriously. Just having a little fun like the others on this forum so why single me out when so many others are saying similar things if not worse??? No offence meant ... just some fun is all.

Warrior_Man
12-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Warrior Man,

A couple of simple easy to answer questions:

1/. Waht in the Blue Hell is "Zonge Quan" :confused:
2/. please describe the "Crane Palm" Was it related to Zhao yang?

3/. This is the big one .............. Exactly who in the Blue Hell is you Master??? What is his name, where does he live and what is his style or styles?

None of these should be terribly hard for you to answer simply, clearly and directly so please don't write copious amounts back-peddling ... just answer these 3 very easy and very simply questions. Thank you!

I await your clear and concise answers

1. Zhonge Quan is Jumping Crane style.
2. The Crane Palm is a strike from the aforementioned style.
3. I've mentioned this on the other thread. He's called Master Li, lives in China and is skilled in a number of styles.

Sorted.

Minghequan
12-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Warrior_Man Wrote: Today 10:24 AM

1. Zhonge Quan is Jumping Crane style.
2. The Crane Palm is a strike from the aforementioned style.
3. I've mentioned this on the other thread. He's called Master Li, lives in China and is skilled in a number of styles.

Sorted.

"Sorted" ... Well actually no.

1/. There is no such style as "Zhonge Quan" in relation to White Crane as far as I am aware ... for someone who strongly claims to be a Chinese speaker the above mistake should be glaringly, no, resoundingly obvious. "Zhonge" ... Can you please share the hanzi for this???

縱鶴拳 Zhong hè quán = Shaking Crane or Vertical Crane Fist.

2/. Their are a great many "palms" in traditional White Crane as an art. Which are you referring to here?

3/. Master "Li" who ... his full name, Where in China and what is his main style (s)???

Warrior_Man
12-06-2012, 04:44 PM
"Sorted" ... Well actually no.

1/. There is no such style as "Zhonge Quan" in relation to White Crane as far as I am aware ... for someone who strongly claims to be a Chinese speaker the above mistake should be glaringly, no, resoundingly obvious. "Zhonge" ... Can you please share the hanzi for this???

縱鶴拳 Zhong hè quán = Shaking Crane or Vertical Crane Fist.

2/. Their are a great many "palms" in traditional White Crane as an art. Which are you referring to here?

3/. Master "Li" who ... his full name, Where in China and what is his main style (s)???

1. http://www.shaolinwolf.com/maguideindex/crane.htm it appears you are wrong

2. Why are you interested in specifically which type of palm strike was used? It was a person who trained in a crane style and attacked with his palm - is that really so hard to understand?

3. I will ask Master Li if he wishes for his personal information to be leaked to strangers on this forum.

Minghequan
12-06-2012, 04:58 PM
Whoops Warrior Man sorry buddy but it's you who are wrong please read the site you referenced:

http://www.shaolinwolf.com/maguideindex/crane.htm

Jumping Crane Boxing - Zonghe Quan:

The developer of this style was Fang Shipei, a native of Fuqing county located in the Fujian province. At some point in his life, Fang decided to learn martial arts and was accepted into the Tianzhu temple at Mt. Chashan. This was during the reign of Emperor Tongzhi (1862-1874). After 10 years of hard rigorous training, he had achieved a very high level of learning and understanding and had many important insights that would later influence him.

As you can plainly see it is written "Zhonghe" not "Zhonge" as you mistakenly have done.

Editor's Note - We apologize for the meager info here. We are presently looking for more on these styles to be included in this section in the future.

Source: From Shaolin Temple to Bruce Lee - 100 Kungfu Styles of the Past Millennium by Gene Ching and Martha Burr, Kungfu Qigong Jan 2000 (C) 2000 Kungfu Qigong Magazine & KungfuMagazine.com, used by permission. http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=107

For your reference and education:

http://www.zonghe.com.tw/

http://www.baike.com/wiki/縱鶴拳

As stated there are many Crane Palms in White crane, can you reference which one as it is your story?

I look forward to the information on your Teachers details but do not understand why you are so hesitant to share with us now when all along you have been referencing "Him" in your many posts?

Warrior_Man
12-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Ah I'm really sorry for the typo. The vast majority of people would have understood the style I meant, particularly considering I added it was a crane style.

I suppose it's a little like the following words "Hopital, Shaoli, New Yor" - most people who know the words "Hospital, Shaolin, New York" would probably understand the above, but I understand why there was confusion. I know some autistic people struggle with this though, and as I don't know anything about your medical background I suppose I should leave this here.

As with regards to the specific palm technique used, I would have to ask my teacher. Do you want to know exactly what time of day it was and what colour the t-shirt was of the assailant too? I should probably make a list of questions instead of bombarding him with specifics sporadically.

Minghequan
12-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Warrior Man, Mate a little advice, if your going to deal with people then deal with real people and don't make assumptions about them especially on a medical level ... to imply I am "autistic" in your post is not only offence but is just Downright wrong as it implies that people who may be afflicted with Autism are somehow less functioning or intelligent then people such as yourself. This is plainly wrong on so many levels and I am surprised that one such a yourself with your own issues would stoop so low to make such an offensive, low-life comment. Mate you should really be ashamed to imply that people with genuine Autism are somehow less intelligent than the likes of yourself!

Mate you posted quite clearly that I had it all wrong and that you were adamantly right based on something you misread on the posted Shaolinwolf site. Buddy you stuffed up, got it entirely wrong. Did not make a typo but were wrong. Why not just admit it or are the people who wrote the Shaolinwolf piece also in your esteemed opinion inflicted with Autism also? Good God!

No I don't need the time of day or which "Mickey Mouse" T-Shirt he had on (Were talking about your Teacher here aren't we?) but it would be nice to know some real detail as opposed to vagaries (he threw a punch, a kick, a palm).

Sorry to be so harsh but you really do only serve to bring it upon yourself when you spew forth such crap as you did in your post immediately above. Try to answer in a decent manner and you'll get a decent reply.

Being rude, downright offensive (lumping people with a serious affliction as being somehow not as intelligent as yourself) will not endear you to anyone on this forum. Just saying .................

Minghequan
12-06-2012, 07:41 PM
Gems from Warrior Man on Chinese language:

I do know what it means, sorry if you can't accept that. Some of us have actually studied oriental languages in Asia, but well done to you though for looking it up on an online dictionary.

I was born in China and speak Japanese, Chinese, French and English

Then how in the blue hell could you have referenced to Zhonghe as "Zhonge?"

Minghequan
12-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Hmm you have gone very, very quiet Warrior Man?

Perhaps you have realized you have over -stepped the boundaries of good taste and honor.

Your lack of reply only goes to prove that I was right all along.

Lucas
12-06-2012, 10:50 PM
His mom told him to get off the computer and bring the dishes up from the basement. I know because I was just leaving his house, where i was just finishing receiving paid for services by her.

Minghequan
12-07-2012, 01:14 AM
Lol!:)

This Warrior Man doesn't seem up to the Challenge put to him in this thread!

As soon as I took him to task for his disgusting and deplorable comments regarding people who may have autism then he just packed up hiss bat and ball and ran away.

Proof positive that he realizes that his comments were way out of order and not befitting one who claims he is a "Warrior!"

Not to mention his lack of understanding of the Chinese language despite his claim to have been born in China and his claims that he speaks Japanese, Chinese, French and English!!!

Whoops Warrior Man! .... don't look now but I think your lies and insecurities are showing!

Warrior_Man
12-07-2012, 02:21 AM
Warrior Man, Mate a little advice, if your going to deal with people then deal with real people and don't make assumptions about them especially on a medical level ... to imply I am "autistic" in your post is not only offence but is just Downright wrong as it implies that people who may be afflicted with Autism are somehow less functioning or intelligent then people such as yourself. This is plainly wrong on so many levels and I am surprised that one such a yourself with your own issues would stoop so low to make such an offensive, low-life comment. Mate you should really be ashamed to imply that people with genuine Autism are somehow less intelligent than the likes of yourself!

Mate you posted quite clearly that I had it all wrong and that you were adamantly right based on something you misread on the posted Shaolinwolf site. Buddy you stuffed up, got it entirely wrong. Did not make a typo but were wrong. Why not just admit it or are the people who wrote the Shaolinwolf piece also in your esteemed opinion inflicted with Autism also? Good God!

No I don't need the time of day or which "Mickey Mouse" T-Shirt he had on (Were talking about your Teacher here aren't we?) but it would be nice to know some real detail as opposed to vagaries (he threw a punch, a kick, a palm).

Sorry to be so harsh but you really do only serve to bring it upon yourself when you spew forth such crap as you did in your post immediately above. Try to answer in a decent manner and you'll get a decent reply.

Being rude, downright offensive (lumping people with a serious affliction as being somehow not as intelligent as yourself) will not endear you to anyone on this forum. Just saying .................

Sorry I went quiet - I have a life.

At no point did I imply people with autism are less intelligent. It is well documented however that sufferers find it hard to understand metaphors, similes and typos. Your straw man highlights your lack of intelligence, but please do not misquote me to make it appear as if I have a problem with disabled people. Not cool man, really.

rett
12-07-2012, 06:54 AM
Warrior_Man insults people with disabilities. Man, that's nasty.

Warrior_Man
12-07-2012, 06:55 AM
Warrior_Man insults people with disabilities. Man, that's nasty.

Where do I do that?

rett
12-07-2012, 06:57 AM
Sorry buddy. It's a matter of public record. Warrior_Man is beastly to people with special needs.

That just isn't cool. Have you talked to Li Shifu about this?

Warrior_Man
12-07-2012, 06:59 AM
Sorry buddy. It's a matter of public record. Warrior_Man is beastly to people with special needs.

Could you cite and example instead of just regurgitating? Baseless accusations make you look sort of pathetic man.

rett
12-07-2012, 07:04 AM
Minghequan demonstrated it clearly but a few posts ago. Sorry dude, but that just isn't cool. Are you trying to evade the fact that Minghequan is right?

Warrior_Man
12-07-2012, 07:06 AM
Minghequan demonstrated it clearly but a few posts ago. Sorry dude, but that just isn't cool. Are you trying to evade the fact that Minghequan is right?

I don't know how to make this clearer, but I'll try. Could you please cite the exact line in which I insult disabled people?

rett
12-07-2012, 07:08 AM
Once it's on the internet it's there forever. Warrior_Man is beastly to people with special needs. That's all I'm going to say about it. Minghequan was right.

Warrior_Man
12-07-2012, 07:10 AM
Once it's on the internet it's there forever. Warrior_Man is beastly to people with special needs. That's all I'm going to say about it. Minghequan was right.

Ah okay, so you can't actually find the bit in question. If there was anything you would have surely posted it by now. Perhaps you should think before you type? Just a suggestion.

Drake
12-07-2012, 08:03 AM
I'm waiting for the monkey beak....

Lucas
12-07-2012, 08:54 AM
I hate all people with disabilities and enjoy making fun of them. It makes me feel superior.

Well, there it is fellas.

Warrior_Man
12-07-2012, 10:14 AM
I achieve nothing with my life

It's pathetic that you edited one of my quotes because there wasn't actually one there. Get back to the subject or leave please.

Lucas
12-07-2012, 10:28 AM
It's not pathetic, it's funny. Perhaps not to you, but it is to others and myself. You see, we all know you are just a joke, and that's all jokes are good for, cheap laughs. At least now you know you're value and contribution here on this forum. You're welcome.