PDA

View Full Version : Probably an easy question for all of you to answer...

Apprentice
10-25-2001, 02:05 AM
The only weights i have is a Barbell without that much variety of weight, i can curl either 1 amount that is moderately heavy, or something that is very heavy, about twice the original...(i can strugle to get about 10 reps on it)...

What exercises are good to do and why, that dont require weights...

All i currently do is this...

Pushups (Regular and plyos)
Situps (good ones, got em from this site)
Form practice
alot of form practice (including attacks)

That is pretty much it, im gonna definantly expand on that, jes what do u think is the best things to do?

Also, whats some good advice for stretching, and becoming more flexible and kicking/punching better? I can't kick very high, i can kick to about my chest, but i can only hold a kick at waist level. Advice?

Apprentice
10-25-2001, 02:05 AM
thats what i wanted

PHILBERT
10-25-2001, 05:06 AM
Chin ups
Triceps (this is gonna be hard to explain, but put your hands on a counter, and lower your body, but keep your hands in place and bend at the elbows. Or you can use a workout bench, which is best.)

With weights, you can do calves (lunges), chest, shoulders, and all that other stuff.

PHILBERT

davies
10-25-2001, 05:43 AM
What philbert meant was Tricep Dips, these honeys are a must.

Get a sturdy chair or bench, fairly low.
Put your back to it and place hands either side of the chair/bench. (just like a push up stance, but backwards)
shuffle feet out so that, when in full dip you have the bench at about back level.
do three sets of 20 daily, these will build your Triceps, which is important for Bicep growth.

good luck, sorry for my studenty explination

-Kane

Robinf
10-25-2001, 03:58 PM
Ya, those dips are really good.

I'll give you another one in a word: CRUNCHES. Don't neglect your abs. Also, lie on your stomach, legs straight out, hands behind your head, and lift up your upper half--this works the back (make certain you stretch after this one, the back is fickle).

Squats and lunges can be done rather well without weights, just do them very slowly and hold it down for a second or two then come up slowly. Also do squat kicks (squat down then come up and kick then go back down), squat jumps and squat jump kicks (for some plyometric exercise--do these one week on one week off to spare your knees).

Kicks coming out of a horse stance. Get into a horse stance, then kick (front, side), from the front leg and land carefully back in your horse stance. You can also do kicks from the back leg and "march" up and down the floor.

A good book for more non-weight exercise is Dynamic Stregnth by Harry Wong. You can order it from any online bookstore.

Hey Jhoon Rhee,

Do you study Jhoon Rhee Taekwondo? Just curious about your handle.

Robin

Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

danny from miami
10-25-2001, 04:41 PM
hi u might wanna do conditioning exersises after practicing ur forms.also for flexibility - buy Stretching Scientifically by tom kurz.its so easy to do.it feels so good to do a full front split and it doesnt even hurt