PDA

View Full Version : Ab Routines

Johnny Hot Shot
10-29-2001, 11:49 PM
lately I have found alot of opposing views on ab routines. Some say that it is good to take a 24-48 hour rest between working your abs the others say that it is fine to work them everyday.

Witch is it what will give me the strongest most defined abs, everyday or every second day ab routines?

"Life's a great Adventure, Mate"
Jacko Jackson

ma_newbie
10-30-2001, 12:10 AM
Is 24 hours not every day?

--------------

Johnny Hot Shot
10-30-2001, 12:14 AM
Ha, my bad.

"Life's a great Adventure, Mate"
Jacko Jackson

Shaolin36
10-30-2001, 12:15 AM
JHS,
I have always been told that abs are like your calves-mainly made up of fast twitch muscles which recouperate faster than slow twitch.

With that being said, again this has been preached to me by my bodybuilding bros, you should work them everyday. Also keeping in mind that listening to your body is the best way to go. If you are sore wait a day until your not. But if you are not sore work them out efveryday.

It probably depends on what stage and how long you have been weightlifting.

Unfortunately when it comes to bodybuilding/weightlifting there is no one science that is best for everybody. Everyone has a different muscular buildup and everyones body responds differently to different routines. Your best bet is to try different things, find out what works best and stay on that until your body adapts then switch it up to shock your body.

Sorry to say the obvious, but its the truth. I fought it for a long time.

hope this helps,

Shaolin36

IronFist
10-30-2001, 02:09 AM
There are a few threads here about abs. Try a search. I forgot what they are called, however :(

Iron

ma_newbie
10-30-2001, 03:10 AM
I don't know who posted it, but this is the routine I adopted from someone on this forum...

You do 10 different types of crunches, and a certain number for each, but do the same amount for all types. I started about a week ago and I do 15 of each, which is a good workout. Anyway, here are the types:

1. Left knee close to chest, other leg straight
2. Opposite
3. Legs slightly apart, 45 degree angle from floor
4. Legs together, knees locked, 45 degrees from floor
5. Knees close to chest
6. Bottoms of feet together and spread knees (like the butterfly stretch)
7. Both legs straight up
8. Feet together on the floor, draw knees to your chest with each upper body crunch
9. Legs straight out on the floor, upper body a quarter turn to the right (right shoulder off the floor so you're only lifting w/ your left)
10. opposite

I do it every day, and I really like it.

--------------