PDA

View Full Version : A question about speed/power

Ero
12-31-2012, 09:03 PM
There is something I've been looking for. No one i have come across can help me. There seem to be a ot of sophisticated martial artists here so i hope you can help. First i think i should tell you about myself, I come from USA. i'm 17 years old, I've been fighting since i could remember. I workout at least 10 hours a day. I want to become the strongest person to ever live. Honestly, i know this seems silly to most people, or unrealistic. But to me it is life. The strong conquer the weak. I am currently undergoing Iron body/palm training and Cobra Kai Kung Fu.

I didnt know where to put this but what i am trying to learn is how i can keep the speed of my punches but gain even more power behind them.

Thanks, Ero

bawang
12-31-2012, 09:40 PM
perform bil jee one thousand times a day to attain killing gong. thats why they say "bil jee never leaves the door".

also take steroids. steroids + bil jee = deadly power

Ero
12-31-2012, 10:14 PM
Steroids arent an option lol. But could you give me a few links, or pointers on this.? I do Qi Gong religously everyday for an hour. My Sifu said my qi was strong so he would train me. He's teaching me a technique im not allowed to speak specifics on, but it makes you invulnerable. He learned it from a guy ordained from the Dali lama. Pretty insane stuff. Hope what you know can teach me something.

Edit: i've done a bit of research on it. I'd like to learn atleast the basics of this Artform. It's brilliant so far.

Kellen Bassette
12-31-2012, 10:21 PM
I am currently undergoing Iron body/palm training and Cobra Kai Kung Fu.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.......

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4507581931653029&pid=15.1

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4769476124280335&pid=15.1

Ero
12-31-2012, 10:27 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.......

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4507581931653029&pid=15.1

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4769476124280335&pid=15.1

Haha my sifu loves at that movie. He think's of Snake style as more sneaky than harmful. But that gave me a laugh. Thanks. :) But his Was Cobra Kai Karate

bawang
12-31-2012, 10:50 PM
Steroids arent an option lol. But could you give me a few links, or pointers on this.? I do Qi Gong religously everyday for an hour. My Sifu said my qi was strong so he would train me. He's teaching me a technique im not allowed to speak specifics on, but it makes you invulnerable. He learned it from a guy ordained from the Dali lama. Pretty insane stuff. Hope what you know can teach me something.

Edit: i've done a bit of research on it. I'd like to learn atleast the basics of this Artform. It's brilliant so far.

i am willing to reveal the secrets of wombat combat, but you must answer the question of destiny. do you dare?

Ero
12-31-2012, 10:53 PM
i am willing to reveal the secrets of wombat combat, but you must answer the question of destiny. do you dare?

Without a care. I do dare.

bawang
12-31-2012, 10:54 PM
it is raining. i am standing without an umbrella. you walk up to me with an umbrella. what will you do? think carefully.

Kellen Bassette
12-31-2012, 10:57 PM
Haha my sifu loves at that movie. He think's of Snake style as more sneaky than harmful. But that gave me a laugh. Thanks. :) But his Was Cobra Kai Karate

That's true, but they trace back to the same root; in the 37th chamber of the Henan Shaolin/Wudang Southern Temple.

The Okinawans focused on kicking the leg, while the Chinese preferred multiple downward elbow strikes.

Kellen Bassette
12-31-2012, 10:58 PM
it is raining. i am standing without an umbrella. you walk up to me with an umbrella. what will you do? think carefully.

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4850577987207719&pid=15.1

Ero
12-31-2012, 11:02 PM

Cut umbrella in half give him half with stick, walk away.

wenshu
12-31-2012, 11:06 PM
http://www.theoffbrand.com/.a/6a0120a52b6f22970b0168e6dcaab8970c-800wi

bawang
12-31-2012, 11:08 PM

there are three answers to this riddle.

traditionally, if the student answers, "i will do nothing", the master would kill him. for he is not his brother.

if the student answers, "i will let him stand under my umbrella", the master would hold him down and make romance by force, since it is a sign of weakness.

the correct answer is, "then i shall stand with you in the rain".

since you have both given the umbrella and walked away, the traditional way would be for the master to make the romance by force, then kill the student. the secrets of wombat combat shall not pass my lips.

Ero
12-31-2012, 11:13 PM
there are three answers to this riddle.

traditionally, if the student answers, "i will do nothing", the master would kill him. for he is not his brother.

if the student answers, "i will let him stand under my umbrella", the master would hold him down and make romance by force, since it is a sign of weakness.

the correct answer is, "then i shall stand with you in the rain".

since you have both given the umbrella and walked away, the traditional way would be for the master to make the romance by force, then kill the student. the secrets of wombat combat shall not pass my lips.

You asked not what i should do. You asked what i would do. That's what i would do. If i had money i would of bought one. The question didn't have that as an option though. I will respect your decision though.

bawang
12-31-2012, 11:28 PM
You asked not what i should do. You asked what i would do. That's what i would do. If i had money i would of bought one. The question didn't have that as an option though. I will respect your decision though.

you answered what you would do, and i answered what i would answer. contemplate on the tree of woe.

Ero
12-31-2012, 11:50 PM
you answered what you would do, and i answered what i would answer. contemplate on the tree of woe.

But honestly what i would do is walk on by. That's what any person trying to get through the rain would do. Thanks for the information on bil jee though.

Kellen Bassette
01-01-2013, 12:41 AM
My Sifu said my qi was strong so he would train me. He's teaching me a technique im not allowed to speak specifics on, but it makes you invulnerable. He learned it from a guy ordained from the Dali lama.

How can you be sure it will truly make you invulnerable? The only way to be certain he is not lying to you is to stab him in the heart when he's not expecting it. If the blade of the knife breaks, your sifu has truly mastered invincibility and is qualified to teach you. If he dies, he was a charlatan and unworthy of your time.

Ero
01-01-2013, 02:50 AM
How can you be sure it will truly make you invulnerable? The only way to be certain he is not lying to you is to stab him in the heart when he's not expecting it. If the blade of the knife breaks, your sifu has truly mastered invincibility and is qualified to teach you. If he dies, he was a charlatan and unworthy of your time.

If he was lying to me i wouldn't be here asking questions. I'm not some nieve kid. I've seen proof with my own eyes. You can still be cut, just they arent gashes. There's science behind it too. Just dont want to reveal that to everybody.

Kellen Bassette
01-01-2013, 04:24 AM
I'm curious as to what Cobra Kai Iron Body train consists of. Are you at liberty to discuss that?

Ero
01-01-2013, 12:22 PM
I'm curious as to what Cobra Kai Iron Body train consists of. Are you at liberty to discuss that?

Yeah. There is this stuff my sifu gives me to rub all over my body and arms. Then i have a 12 inch iron rod that i gently tap across the outside and inside of my arm i do this all over my body until all is very tender. Then while at home everyday i must raise a 25 bag of sand with my hand in different motions on a slanted desk. I had the desk he gave me the 25 pound bag and a handwritten pamphlet by him on how to train my hands. I do it religiously, i can honestly say my hands feel tougher as i can. And for 30 minutes a day i put my hand in sand and grab as hard as i can, pull out. Pit hand in sand grab as hard as i can pull out. Repeat over and over for full 30 minutes. This was actually a thing bruce lee did.

Edit : My sifu also has been training me for free. If it weren't for him i'd probably be in jail right now.

Kellen Bassette
01-01-2013, 06:20 PM
Iron body/leg/palm ect. all works. There's nothing mystical about it. It's simply conditioning exercises. A lot of it can be replicated with modern training equipment, the old way is just usually cooler and more hardcore.

Scott R. Brown
01-01-2013, 11:33 PM
...the Chinese preferred multiple downward elbow strikes.

That is Muay Thai!! Didn't you watch Ong Bak?

If you are unable to cut the stick in half as well you are not ready to learn!

I'm not some nieve kid.

Yes you are! That you cannot see that you are naive, demonstrates that you are naive!

Yeah. There is this stuff my sifu gives me to rub all over my body and arms.

That is called Olive Oil. You are to rub all over your body while he is films you from hiding. Then he posts it on his ghey website!

My sifu also has been training me for free. If it weren't for him i'd probably be in jail right now.

You are already in jail, you just don't know it yet!:(

Kellen Bassette
01-01-2013, 11:48 PM
That is Muay Thai!! Didn't you watch Ong Bak?

Yes, I did. It was awesome. A baby elephant got thrown.:cool:

Oso
01-02-2013, 10:30 PM
ahhh, i remember when i used to work in an office and had too much time on my hands... :D

David Jamieson
01-03-2013, 01:20 PM
cobra kai kung fu

Cobra Kai Kung Fu

COBRA KAI KUNG FU

COBRA KAI KUNG FU
http://www.thehindu.com/multimedia/dynamic/00122/ALBERT_SOUTH_KOREA__122774g.jpg

Ero
01-06-2013, 06:18 PM
I thought someone from of this community might have some helpful input into my actual question. It seems as though this isn't the case for this question.

Oso
01-06-2013, 06:31 PM
hahahahahahaha

Kellen Bassette
01-06-2013, 06:48 PM
I thought someone from of this community might have some helpful input into my actual question. It seems as though this isn't the case for this question.

Your basic question was how do I keep my speed but make my punches stronger.

Add resistance.

If your not hitting a heavy bag then start hitting one. If it's easy then hit a heavier bag. Do pushups, lift weights, pull on those rubber stretch-exercise bands, go up to your neck in water and practice punching there. If your training speed, developing a stronger punch shouldn't slow you down. Unless of course your current punch is weak with poor technique, in which case you need to go back to scratch and rework it properly.

Work the mechanics of the punch. Don't throw the punch faster than you can while keeping good form. That's counter productive. Punch as fast as you can with perfect technique. Then make it faster. (Maintaining good technique.) Work it.

Kellen Bassette
01-06-2013, 06:58 PM
I will not do more harm than good, I will not do more harm than good, I will not do more harm than good, I will not....

Scott R. Brown
01-07-2013, 03:46 AM

If you hadn't lied in your first post people here would probably take you more seriously. In fact, most of us here think you are either a troll, or immature to the point of near psychosis.

You do NOT workout 10 hours a day. Even if you could maintain the proper mental focus for that kind of training program, at age 17, which you clearly cannot, you could not eat enough, drink enough, or rest enough for those workouts to be meaningfully beneficial.

You are either lying, then, or your workouts are so poor you are wasting most of that time.

If you are training at a facility that calls itself Cobra Kai, you are either lying or you are exceedingly stupid to be training at a facility that markets itself after A$$holes from a 30 year old fantasy movie!

If you are in anyway sincere you have greater needs than to learn how to punch with speed and power while being the strongest man in the world!

You require some serious maturity. Apparently you suffer from poor parenting and mentoring. So find an adult that will not indulge you in your fantasy life and encourage to educate yourself and to grow up.

Being the strongest and fastest fighter, human being, in the world will not give you what you are looking for, it didn't help Mike Tyson and it won't help you to become a complete human being that no longer feels insecure and inadequate. Power does not give you self-esteem, and character or maturity. In fact, power in the hands of someone with your level of maturity will get you either in jail or killed.

That is, assuming you are sincere and not a blooming troll, of course.

YouKnowWho
01-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Some TCMA systems such as praying mantis and Zimen are famous in speed generation. Some TCMA systems such as Baji, XYLH, Chen Taiji are famous in power generation. You should try to learn at least one style from each category before you may consider this issue. If people can just explain to you within few sentence on this subject, people in the ancient time won't need to create such systems.

Also be able to punch fast and powerful into the thin air is different from be able to punch fast and powerful on a heavy bag.

Praying mantis master Branden Lai loved to use the following test to prove his speed.

- You and your opponent both stand with right leg forward.
- You and your opponent both drop hands down next to the legs.
- You try to use your leading right hand to touch your opponent's back left shoulder.
- Your opponent tries to use his leading right hand to block your punch.

Scott R. Brown
01-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Also be able to punch fast and powerful into the thin air is different from be able to punch fast and powerful on a heavy bag.

And both are different from attempting to strike a moving and aggressively fighting opponent!

YouKnowWho
01-07-2013, 11:34 AM
And both are different from attempting to strike a moving and aggressively fighting opponent!

This is why your "footwork" will define your speed and power.

Scott R. Brown
01-07-2013, 11:55 AM
This is why your "footwork" will define your speed and power.

And your timing.

YouKnowWho
01-07-2013, 12:06 PM
And your timing.

You are absolutely right. To talk about speed/power without talking about footwork, timing, ... won't make much sense.