PDA

View Full Version : Basics

Ero
01-01-2013, 12:26 PM
Hey, i'd like to learn the basics of Wing Chun. If someone could tell me of a god bood or video that i could get that would help me out in understanding the fundamentals. I'd be greatly appreciative. :)

Thanks, Ero

Vajramusti
01-01-2013, 12:35 PM
Hey, i'd like to learn the basics of Wing Chun. If someone could tell me of a god bood or video that i could get that would help me out in understanding the fundamentals. I'd be greatly appreciative. :)

Thanks, Ero
---------------------------------------------------

Best to search for a good teacher.

Ero
01-01-2013, 12:39 PM
---------------------------------------------------

Best to search for a good teacher.

I already have a teacher of a different martial art so that wont be possible. I just like to know about every type of martial art i can. I think it'd be good to know what my opposition could throw at me. I was just wondering if there were any good basic fundamental books or videos that could help me understand Wing Chun. Thanks

wtxs
01-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Hey, i'd like to learn the basics of Wing Chun. If someone could tell me of a god bood or video that i couldget that would help me out in understanding the fundamentals. I'd be greatly appreciative. :)Thanks, Ero

Ero my friend, be careful of what you had asked for ... IMHO it's not an good way to start the new year.

Think I'm gonna sat back and enjoy what will be coming soon. :)

Ero
01-01-2013, 12:47 PM
Ero my friend, be careful of what you had asked for ... IMHO it's not an good way to start the new year.

Think I'm gonna sat back and enjoy what will be coming soon. :)

Im constantly searching through various martial arts, I've found quite a bit over Wing Chun i just want to know of some recommendations on videos and books. I'm not asking for a full out explanation.

Vajramusti
01-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Im constantly searching through various martial arts, I've found quite a bit over Wing Chun i just want to know of some recommendations on videos and books. I'm not asking for a full out explanation.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You don't want to learn wing chun but want to know how to deal with wing chun??
Got it!~!!
Sift through Yosiyahu's posts on multiple subjects-read the tea leaves.!!!!!

jimhalliwell
01-01-2013, 02:06 PM
I already have a teacher of a different martial art so that wont be possible. I just like to know about every type of martial art i can. I think it'd be good to know what my opposition could throw at me. I was just wondering if there were any good basic fundamental books or videos that could help me understand Wing Chun. Thanks

Hi

what is your martial art?:D

here is something for you to practice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yOvyHUtOvI

Jim

anerlich
01-01-2013, 07:33 PM
After reading the previous responses, and this forum, I can understand why you might want to keep WC practitioners at a distance. Too many elitists and nutters.

IMO Alan Gibson's "Why Wing Chun Works" is reasonably good.

Also, Alan Orr's videos.

Just stay the hell away from anything to do with Philipp Bayer ;)

Bacon
01-01-2013, 11:40 PM
So wait a second. You want us [wing chunners] to point you in the direction of information to help you defeat us or our Kung Fu brothers? Why on earth would we do that?

anerlich
01-02-2013, 02:57 AM
So wait a second. You want us [wing chunners] to point you in the direction of information to help you defeat us or our Kung Fu brothers? Why on earth would we do that?

WTF? He never said that.

You just proved my point about there being too many nutters in WC, in your case paranoia.

And you are not my brother.

How do you defeat multiple WC opponents?

Start talking to them about WC - they'll forget all about you and start fighting each other.

LFJ
01-02-2013, 03:26 AM
WTF? He never said that.

You just proved my point about there being too many nutters in WC, in your case paranoia.

Start talking to them about WC - they'll forget all about you and start fighting each other.

Funny thing is in this case you came to fight. :p

He was clearly joking at this statement:

I think it'd be good to know what my opposition could throw at me.

Yoshiyahu
01-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Actually he wants to know the basics of WC to KNOW how to deal with a wing chun guy in a fight...He is looking for weaknesses!

WTF? He never said that.

Vajramusti
01-04-2013, 02:29 PM
Actually he wants to know the basics of WC to KNOW how to deal with a wing chun guy in a fight...He is looking for weaknesses!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
He is apparently a 17 year old posting in other forums as well.

Anerlich has already hit the correct button, if memory serves-
let the wcers discuss what wc is, in the first place-they will be too busy fighting themselves.