PDA

View Full Version : New Toy!!!!!

Water Dragon
11-03-2001, 06:04 PM
Well, I got bored yesterday and went over to the Adult Book store and picked up this... Oh !!! wrong board, sorry guys.

I got this new toy out back. I have a French Curl bar with a rope tied through the middle bars. The rope goes up and through a pulley suspended from a tree. the rope comes out around 30 feet and then splits into two ropes with handles on the end.

The rope is so long so that it gives slack which means I can do full body exercises without destroying my body. I can practice punching mechanics, throws, sweeps, kicks, etc. I only used about 35 lbs yesterday and I am dead today. Especially through my whole torso.

If you got the room, I'd suggest rigging one of these things up. The way it works, if your body mechanics are off, the rope snaps on you. So you are getting stronger and developing proper technique at the same time.

Most actions of men can be explained by observing a pack of dogs. Not wild dogs, just neighborhood dogs who all scurry under the fence on the same night and set off together to reclaim a glimmer of the glory their species possessed before domestication.

IronFist
11-03-2001, 09:15 PM
post a pic of it. I'm confused.

what'd you get at the Adult book store? :p

Iron

Water Dragon
11-04-2001, 04:48 PM
Sorry, I don't have a scanner. Think of a home made lat pull down machine with a long rope attached.

I could get arrested if I told you what I picked up at the bookstore. I will say that it has added all sorts of new dimensions to my training :eek:

Most actions of men can be explained by observing a pack of dogs. Not wild dogs, just neighborhood dogs who all scurry under the fence on the same night and set off together to reclaim a glimmer of the glory their species possessed before domestication.

SevenStar
11-05-2001, 07:17 AM
Why'd you have to get the cool stuff AFTER I left? Ah well, there's always next time.

"Just because I joke around sometimes doesn't mean I'm serious about kung-fu.
" - nightair

Water Dragon
11-05-2001, 04:59 PM
Bro, I 'll have to show it to you. Cost me about $ 10.00. Funny thing is, 35 lbs feels like your big azz on my back.

I also have a few cool toys you haven't seen yet. Can't give out too much at once. You wouldn't be able to take the info back with you/

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-07-2001, 11:19 PM
you guys ever gonna post the pics of you training togeather?

where's my beer?

Water Dragon
11-08-2001, 12:43 AM
I still need to send 'em. What can I say, I'm not too reliable.

SevenStar
11-08-2001, 06:39 PM
nah, not reliable at all... still a cool guy though :) I'm actually glad you didn't send the pics - I don't think I gave you my apartment #. The girls in the office know me, so they could still ge it to me, but our mail carrier is trifling, and instead of taking it in the office, she'd probably send it back to you... If I didn't give you the apt #, let me know.

" - nightair

Water Dragon
11-10-2001, 02:09 AM
Just got done with another Saturday workout, this ******* is kicking my azz!!!! I get to practice full power throws, explosively, working on perfect technique. I'm only on 25 lbs and it's tuff. Imagine me at 100 lbs :D

SevenStar
11-10-2001, 07:09 PM
I gotta get one of those things!

" - nightair