PDA

View Full Version : News report: Pilots to learn self-defense techniques

IronFist
11-02-2001, 09:03 AM
I just heard on the news that Pilots possibly will be/are going to be taught basic self defense to help defend against terrorists on the plane. Then I saw some girls wearing gym shorts doing some karate/tae bo looking moves. I'm sure it was just a clip and they're teaching pilots more than that, however. What are your thoughts on pilots learning self defense? I guess the only negative effect I can think of would be possibly over-confidence of the pilots (kind of like girls who learn Tae Bo and think they can fight), but it's late right now so I can't think that well.

Iron

Gatekeeper
11-02-2001, 09:11 AM
Oh sure! Just a couple TaeBo classes and they'll be ready to go head to head with trained killers.

The Gatekeeper

don bohrer
11-02-2001, 09:29 AM
It would be interesting to know what they would learn. The cockpit of a plane would limit what you could use. Regulations will soon require pilots to stay in the cockpit behind locked a locked door.

IronFist
11-02-2001, 09:59 AM
I hope they get a bathroom back there behind that locked door. It would suck to have to hold it in for a 12 hour flight :)

Iron

Wongsifu
11-02-2001, 12:59 PM
its official the pilots are going to learn bjj, its the most effective.

what do bin laden and general custer have in common????
They're both wondering where the fu(k all of those tomahawks are coming from. - donated by mojo

Jeff Liboiron
11-03-2001, 12:09 AM
It's not gonna help them from gettin gunned down by 5 guys with machine guns

The object is not to hurt someone else, but to stop them from hurting you