PDA

View Full Version : Im searching for a school from asia

Ous
02-04-2013, 10:22 PM
hello, My name is O. Im 22 years old and I am currently living in thailand practicing vipassana meditation in a temple located in petchaburi thailand.

My plan is to find an institution of martial arts such as kungfu or taichi. Since they have a philosophical aspect and meditation is huge part of the training as well.

I am going to vietnam soon in hope of finding such an institution.

My question is that where I could find find a genuine institution or a temple located near thailand (for example malaysia or vietnam) to practice from morning till evening for at least 1 year.

I am very much used to life without electricity, women, good food, long night sleep etc. already.

I was hoping to get some kind of answer from internet before I will leave thailand to search this school on my own.

I can only speak fluent english and fluent thai. It is possible ofcourse to learn a new language. but if there is a possibility to study with english, it would ofcourse be more convenient.

thank you for your kind answer.

- O

bawang
02-04-2013, 11:39 PM
have you tried wing chun? it is very magical art form.

David Jamieson
02-05-2013, 07:51 AM
hello, My name is O. Im 22 years old and I am currently living in thailand practicing vipassana meditation in a temple located in petchaburi thailand.

My plan is to find an institution of martial arts such as kungfu or taichi. Since they have a philosophical aspect and meditation is huge part of the training as well.

I am going to vietnam soon in hope of finding such an institution.

My question is that where I could find find a genuine institution or a temple located near thailand (for example malaysia or vietnam) to practice from morning till evening for at least 1 year.

I am very much used to life without electricity, women, good food, long night sleep etc. already.

I was hoping to get some kind of answer from internet before I will leave thailand to search this school on my own.

I can only speak fluent english and fluent thai. It is possible ofcourse to learn a new language. but if there is a possibility to study with english, it would ofcourse be more convenient.

thank you for your kind answer.

- O

Vietnam has kung fu. This reads like you want to be a monk or something. "Institution" :).

Lucas
02-05-2013, 10:03 AM
If I were you I would ask around at temples. Sometimes there are relationships that span across the countries from temple to temple and you can find a good connection point that way.

RisingCrane
02-05-2013, 10:12 AM
This looks exactly what you are looking for:
http://www.kungfuretreat.com/

taai gihk yahn
02-05-2013, 10:19 AM
have you tried wing chun? it is very magical art form.

why do you not invite him to study at your village? true martial warrior etiquette requires no less!

Scott R. Brown
02-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Your heart/mind is the only true temple.

If you recognize this, anywhere you train is training at a temple!

Ous
02-06-2013, 05:34 AM
thank you for your kind answers!

that thailand retreat is way too expensive and probably
filled with backpackers or tourists since its in pai.
Im planning to spend a year or more for this purpose.

i have been already a monk for a long time. now I am not anymore.
but that kind of life is not unfamiliar for me.

Im sure vietnam has shaolin temples alot, Im pretty sure even
malaysia has some. But I do not know where. It would be
helpful if I would have even a hint where to start asking.
that is why i started from internet. I know these temples
do not advertise too much so its a longshot anyway.
But it doesnt hurt asking right?

O

youtube mp3 (http://soundfrost.softonic.fr/ )

GeneChing
02-06-2013, 11:20 AM
Im sure vietnam has shaolin temples alot, Im pretty sure even malaysia has some. To my knowledge, there are no official Shaolin Temples or Shaolin Cultural Centers in either country.

Lucas
02-06-2013, 12:40 PM
Ya I dont think so, nothing official at least. However I do know you can get 'shaolin' kungfu out side of the shaolin temple, just like in any other school that offers 'shaolin', in this case, other temples. My sifu learned his shaolin while growing up in a buddhist temple in cambodia. At the same time, his grandmaster that he learned his kungfu from, had a friend monk visiting in from japan that taught him judo.

Syn7
02-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Just go sit in front of any temple that looks like they may have secret kungfu and when they politely turn you away, camp out on their doorstep. Show them you are worthy by fasting naked and making a scene.

GeneChing
02-06-2013, 02:34 PM
....or the tigerbalm challenge. :p

Syn7
02-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Oh..... if you jerk off with icy hot and do lines of cinnamon they will surely be sufficiently impressed and give you all their magical secrets. Within 5 years you will need to wear chains to keep you from floating away!

wenshu
02-06-2013, 02:52 PM
jerk off with icy hot and do lines of cinnamon

I thought those were the magical secrets?

Punch.HeadButt
02-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Impress them with the cinnamon challenge...
....or the tigerbalm challenge.

Or the "Devil's Challenge".....sure as hell going to leave an impression. :eek:

Also, the title of this thread tickles me.

Scott R. Brown
02-07-2013, 09:11 AM
Just go sit in front of any temple that looks like they may have secret kungfu and when they politely turn you away, camp out on their doorstep. Show them you are worthy by fasting naked and making a scene.

And don't forget to cut off your arm!