PDA

View Full Version : body and siu lin tau

Hendrik
02-14-2013, 05:07 PM
for those who is interested only

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtW3dc8km9Y

k gledhill
02-15-2013, 08:40 AM
http://youtu.be/km7xuoeF5B0 just add movement to make slt functional....chase,face.

cobra
02-15-2013, 09:01 AM
Thanks, I appreciate your efforts!

k gledhill
02-15-2013, 09:44 AM
VT at fighting speeds with dynamics in motion add force to our arms so our body weight coincides with all our actions in one beat...I can see Hendriks attempts to try and assign 'more' to slt, but frankly if you spend too much time standing in one spot searching for ...?...you are missing the boat. VT is a lightning fast dynamic fighting system, period.

Hendrik
02-15-2013, 10:05 AM
VT at fighting speeds with dynamics in motion add force to our arms so our body weight coincides with all our actions in one beat...I can see Hendriks attempts to try and assign 'more' to slt, but frankly if you spend too much time standing in one spot searching for ...?...you are missing the boat. VT is a lightning fast dynamic fighting system, period.

If one don't develop the basic handling in slt then where will one develop it?

Fighting fast is a fuzzy description, there are many ways to do it. Even those with brute force will tell you they are fighting has and dynamic.

Siu Lin tau training, tell one how every joints in the body is handle, like exercising every gear the sport car to get use to.

Everything in WCK has its place. WCK is not only slt, and WCK is also come with siu Lin tau.

PB can do what he does in the above utube after his decades of training, but his opponentS shown a clearly sluggish handling on the seven joints handling. And they all handling it in a different way based on their intrisic habit. His opponents has a choice keep try and Erro on his own, or go to siu Lin tau to develop it in a clear Systematic way.

Following slt teaching is the WCK systematic way, following any teacher is a different way. I personally like the WCK systematic way, so I know the basic coverage.

If one is the natural then one knows it naturally, the trouble is I am not a genious or natural. So I need to learn it accord to the WCK way. And also, a 250lb body , a 140lb body, a female, a male body are all different, one can not assume the 140 lb body can do what the 250lb body do. And a 200lb teacher will have to know a 140lb body to be able to coach the handling....etc. it is just too messy, I choose to go the WCK systematic learning with slt where it is suitable for 140lb or 200lb.

Alots of so called WCK training is the sifu do it and expect the student to copy it, but then there is a gap or un define of how to handling the seven joints or the body. Thus, not all student will get it, in fact not many will get it Training these way. As I mention in this clip, there are six joints above the turning on the heel, so how to handle these joints? With slt training as based then go to ck, one will have a clear define joints handling. Not going this path is jumping step and is going to create issue . So, in the ancient, unless one develop the seven joints handling one don't do chisau , because one really don't know what to handle.

Btw, in slt , I don't stand, I am exercising my seven joints in dynamic and with different patterns. From big movement to minute movement of the joints. Never stationary. Pay attention to different joints of my body when I mention coil spring as in slt development in the utube above.

Robinhood
02-15-2013, 10:10 AM

searching for ...?...
Yes, when you don't know what your looking for, you can not find it.

k gledhill
02-15-2013, 10:14 AM
If one don't develop the handling in slt then where will one develop it?

Fighting fast is a fuzzy description, there are many ways to do it. Even those with brute force will tell you they are fighting has and dynamic.

Siu Lin tau training, tell one how every joints in the body is handle, like exercising every gear the sport car to get use to.

Everything in WCK has its place. WCK is not only slt, and WCK is also come with siu Lin tau.

Hendrik one doesn't stop doing SLT and just move on. To us its a timeout from being in a dynamic roller-coaster of testing drills. The progression to further levels will always be evident in ones SLT equally...you cant expect just doing SLT to get you this progressive development and understanding.
As you do more unified drills you will also take the SLT alignment and repetition of muscle memory further...elbow to center, elbow to center, etc....under pressure of fighting.

k gledhill
02-15-2013, 10:19 AM
searching for ...?...
Yes, when you don't know what your looking for, you can not find it.

Yes, its a coaches job to show the correlation of the abstract slt to the next stages of unifying hips, structure in dynamic exchanges SLT alone wont give you.
Then we have kinetic force exchanges, incorporating SLT & CK - BG , ballistic force generation wont be fully achieved with SLT alone, no way.

Robinhood
02-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Yes, its a coaches job to show the correlation of the abstract slt to the next stages of unifying hips, structure in dynamic exchanges SLT alone wont give you.
Then we have kinetic force exchanges, incorporating SLT & CK - BG , ballistic force generation wont be fully achieved with SLT alone, no way.

Its like a hydrologic system, you have to have a certain amount of fluid built up for the system to work. (hydrologic oil = chi)

If you don't build the chi, you are mostly doing external WC, which like you said depends on speed and power.

Hendrik
02-15-2013, 10:36 AM
Hendrik one doesn't stop doing SLT and just move on. To us its a timeout from being in a dynamic roller-coaster of testing drills. The progression to further levels will always be evident in ones SLT equally...you cant expect just doing SLT to get you this progressive development and understanding.

As you do more unified drills you will also take the SLT alignment and repetition of muscle memory further...elbow to center, elbow to center, etc....under pressure of fighting.

True, one move on, if one has cover the basic.

However, take a look at the PB clip above, how many of the opponents know how to handle the basic siu Lin tau seven joints? Since they are missing holistic Joints handling , when are they going to learn the full?

One issue here is about develop the force change path way via the seven joints, not as you think Of SLT alignment and repetition of muscle memory...ect. It is a different paradigm which is alive. It is not about mould into something or some habit , but open up another degree of dynamic freedom to play. So, under pressure, one has Atleast on more degree of freedom to play with . It is not about program but open up a new paradigm.

k gledhill
02-15-2013, 10:45 AM
Its like a hydrologic system, you have to have a certain amount of fluid built up for the system to work. (hydrologic oil = chi)

If you don't build the chi, you are mostly doing external WC, which like you said depends on speed and power.

More like the hydrodynamics of fluid under pressure in a brake hose.... Foot ( heel ) to brake pedal (ground ) applies force from ground through hose ( structure ) to fist.
To test the integrity of the Hose ( structure ) its not enough to just have a structure, we need to put it under varying levels of pressure and make it move under intense braking and acceleration, turn it , bend it, while always checking for kinks in the line ( bad elbows , bad hips ) that might be stopping force reaching the fist.

k gledhill
02-15-2013, 10:50 AM
True, one move on, if one has cover the basic.

However, take a look at the PB clip above, how many of the opponents know how to handle the basic siu Lin tau seven joints? Since they are missing holistic Joints handling , when are they going to learn the full?

One issue here is about develop the force change path way via the seven joints, not as you think Of SLT alignment and repetition of muscle memory...ect. It is a different paradigm which is alive. It is not about mould into something or some habit , but open up another degree of dynamic freedom to play. So, under pressure, one has Atleast on more degree of freedom to play with . It is not about program but open up a new paradigm.

Thats the point of the testing in chi-sao....we dont fight in chi-sao or compete, we ingrain the requirements seen under pressure of changing dynamics, when to change a strike to a jum sao, a bong back to strike...you wont get that in a SLT, BUT you will take the experience of a arm /hip failure and understand the SLT better, take time out to do more elbows in and hips forwards in dynamic isotonic drills of of SLT.

Hendrik
02-15-2013, 10:52 AM

As in my clip above, I only focus on the physical joints, don't even need to go into those chi....ect.

As you can see in the PB clip above, most of his opponents doesn't handle the seven joints well, thus, they all breaking a part, where the upper and lower body break into two.

Now, slt training is to heal that.

Hendrik
02-15-2013, 10:55 AM
Thats the point of the testing in chi-sao....we dont fight in chi-sao or compete, we ingrain the requirements seen under pressure of changing dynamics, when to change a strike to a jum sao, a bong back to strike...you wont get that in a SLT, BUT you will take the experience of a arm /hip failure and understand the SLT better, take time out to do more elbows in and hips forwards in dynamic isotonic drills of of SLT.

As in the PB clip above, most of the opponents has a broken apart upper and lower body. When will them get correctect?

Slt , IMHO is the development of the holistic spring coil body or engine or seven joints handling. Unless one has that, in chisau, in real fighting, one will not get good at it if the body break a part under momentum dynamic. Take a look at the PB clip, see how many of the opponent get a breaking apart body.

k gledhill
02-15-2013, 11:01 AM
As in my clip above, I only focus on the physical joints, don't even need to go into those chi....ect.

As you can see in the PB clip above, most of his opponents doesn't handle the seven joints well, thus, they all breaking a part, where the upper and lower body break into two.

Now, slt training is to heal that.

But you now know that the focus might not be 'internal' but simply the added awareness to bad angles of a fook/tan /jum/arm, bong sao maybe too low, lifts up shoulder...? SLT time out ( pit stop ) CK unification to isolate balance and force generation together.
You cannot ignore Chum Kil and expect to find all your answers in SLT alone.
This is a big mistake coaches make. They hold back a student to do months of SLT with no correlating ideas to fight with it, NO chum kil. Even if a students structure fails , he/she will see clearer the connections each requires to support the other. Just telling a student to go stand in a room and feel the chi more...??

Robinhood
02-15-2013, 11:16 AM
But you now know that the focus might not be 'internal' but simply the added awareness to bad angles of a fook/tan /jum/arm, bong sao maybe too low, lifts up shoulder...? SLT time out ( pit stop ) CK unification to isolate balance and force generation together.
This is a big mistake coaches make. They hold back a student to do months of SLT with no correlating ideas to fight with it, NO chum kil. Even if a students structure fails , he/she will see clearer the connections each requires to support the other. Just telling a student to go stand in a room and feel the chi more...??

Lol, they won't feel the chi, the other guy does.

Trying to develop conditioned responses is only a stage of learning, you need to move past that in future , otherwise you will be trapped by your uncontrollable responses.

You can copy the outside, but you can't copy the inside.

k gledhill
02-15-2013, 11:44 AM
Lol, they won't feel the chi, the other guy does.

Trying to develop conditioned responses is only a stage of learning, you need to move past that in future , otherwise you will be trapped by your uncontrollable responses.

You can copy the outside, but you can't copy the inside.

What should I expect to find ?

Hendrik
02-15-2013, 11:45 AM

This is a big mistake coaches make. They hold back a student to do months of SLT with no correlating ideas to fight with it, NO chum kil.

Even if a students structure fails , he/she will see clearer the connections each requires to support the other. Just telling a student to go stand in a room and feel the chi more...??

IMHO,

1. I am talking just joints handling nothing internal or external. Simply joints handling.

2. I have never ignore anything but focus on did one master one thing before go to other things? In this case, in the PB clip, the opponents do not reach the slt level of art.

3. If you argument is true, then PB is clearly make a big mistake of letter those who has not develop the basic to play chisau. That is the other end of mistake. Also, if one is no taugh how to handle the seven joints, it is all trial and Erro for students , can they find the solution! How many days, month, years? As those in the PB clip above. However, I do know, if they were expose to snake body or snake engine training , within 24 hours of systematic training, they will totally improve in their handling.

4. The bottom line is the coil spring or the snake body or the snake engine or simply the basic seven joints handling of the body in dynamic to perform push back, sustain , recieve , and issue. Just simple momentum dynamic. That is siu Lin tau basic training .

Now, if one cannot answer the joints handling questions, then one doesn't have the slt foundation. That is the reality.

k gledhill
02-15-2013, 11:48 AM
IMHO,

1. I am talking just joints handling nothing internal or external. Simply joints handling.

2. I have never ignore anything but focus on did one master one thing before go to other things? In this case, in the PB clip, the opponents do not reach the slt level of art.

3. If you argument is true, then PB is clearly make a big mistake of letter those who has not develop the basic to play chisau. That is the other end of mistake. Also, if one is no taugh how to handle the seven joints, it is all trial and Erro for students , can they find the solution! How many days, month, years? As those in the PB clip above. However, I do know, if they were expose to snake body or snake engine training , within 24 hours of systematic training, they will totally improve in their handling.

4. The bottom line is the coil spring or the snake body or the snake engine or simply the basic seven joints handling of the body in dynamic to perform push back, sustain , recieve , and issue. Just simple momentum dynamic. That is siu Lin tau basic training .

Now, if one cannot answer the joints handling questions, then one doesn't have the slt foundation. That is the reality.

Can you post a clip of some dynamic force use in your ideas ?

Robinhood
02-15-2013, 12:37 PM
What should I expect to find ?

Yourself !!

k gledhill
02-15-2013, 12:45 PM
Yourself !!

Doing what ?

Robinhood
02-15-2013, 12:54 PM
Doing what ?

Not Doing Anything.

Hendrik
02-15-2013, 01:22 PM
Can you post a clip of some dynamic force use in your ideas ?

Here is the basic explain in more details. Recieve, issue, and stick are three basic core of WCK dynamic. How to do it clearly is the basic handling needs to learn , that is a siu Lin tau level of development. Only with knowing these three, one can start to play in chi sau.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHArXoVMkzA

Or start 5.0 On application, one needs the seven joints coil spring development for the shoot out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2yzbvNB8zE

Hendrik
02-15-2013, 02:11 PM
Also, do anyone notice in the PB clp, PB is using a 2x or more speed faster then the opponents to gain control?

k gledhill
02-15-2013, 06:38 PM
Also, do anyone notice in the PB clp, PB is using a 2x or more speed faster then the opponents to gain control?

He is pressuring them out of committing errors.

Hendrik
02-15-2013, 06:41 PM
He is pressuring them out of committing errors.

Great!
That can let one find ones crack too. Good press.

Robinhood
02-15-2013, 07:01 PM

Good point, if you have to go faster than opponent to make something work, then you are doing something goofy.

A good teacher usually should not have to speed up and hit you to teach something.
Unless you experience someone good, that will probably not make much sense.

The opponent should start first, and you finish first, not from speeding up.

LFJ
02-15-2013, 07:30 PM
Good point, if you have to go faster than opponent to make something work, then you are doing something goofy.

The opponent should start first, and you finish first, not from speed.

PB is the teacher. As Kevin said, he's training his students, not trying to beat them. Most of these clips are taken out of context, and you have no idea what lesson the students were learning.

Hendrik
02-15-2013, 07:37 PM

Imho, There are many variable in dynamic momentum one needs to know how to handle. Fast is one key in the dynamic momentum play. Thus, if you look at general taiji guys, they can't do a thing when the WCK guy capture thier center line, even they might be able to demo good fajing. Thus, we need to be careful between the development of the snake body and those taiji type of internal demo. those demo doesn't exist in real world similar to he mimic WCK Bruce lee inch punch demo.

Internal art is not as most think. The reason of seven joints development it to be able to get fast response time, which is the WCK inch Jin or inch force changes or fast force changes, similar to a smooth sport car can change it gear. As the Porsche tip tronics gear shifting.

As I post above, certainly slt is not everything. Everything has its place . One needs to master everything if one want to be a master . Otherwise, it is partial.

For fun of it, just think, if PB has an opponent with the snake body who could shoot back as fast recoiling , then , it will be big fun. The opponent in th PB clip is breaking down, so it is a different scenario.

k gledhill
02-15-2013, 07:50 PM

You're confused about whats going on in the clip. Its a seminar with students, not fighting guys who walked off the street.