PDA

View Full Version : Rousey's Coach Does Wushu!!!

MightyB
02-19-2013, 09:33 AM
F*ck Yeah!

RESPECT (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxk41lINCq8&feature=youtu.be)

SevenStar
02-19-2013, 09:54 AM
nice. dude is quick.

MightyB
02-19-2013, 10:43 AM
This guy would make for an interesting interview for the mag. He'd have a good perspective on Kung Fu, San Shou, Wu Shu as it relates to MMA.

GeneChing
02-19-2013, 11:40 AM
I'll have to search for a contact. Maybe after Rousey wins....;)

David Jamieson
02-19-2013, 11:49 AM
I'll have to search for a contact. Maybe after Rousey wins....;)

Don't jinx it ~G.

Bad enough the mouth breathers are all over this online. lol

GeneChing
02-19-2013, 12:10 PM
Fair enough, DJ.

Nevertheless, with Rousey vs. Carmouche, I can't help but be reminded of Carano vs. Cyborg (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54184).

Kellen Bassette
02-19-2013, 04:45 PM
Sweet deal...any involvement with MMA is good for CMA.

Syn7
02-19-2013, 04:57 PM
You guys really care that much about who wins? I get the annoyance of crazy haters, but I mean, until she finds somebody she cannot arm bar, we won't really know how deep she can reach.

Don't get me wrong, I like her style and I LOVE how she says "I'm gonna take your arm and this is how" and then does it. But she hasn't really had very many big fights yet. Don't forget how many unstoppables were stopped easily by the right opponents. Coleman comes to mind in the early days. Or remember when Lawler was dominating and then somebody was like "I'm gonna beat the hell outta this guys legs" and next thing you know he is verbally tapping after the fact.

I'm over getting behind people like that. Now I just hope it's a good match.

I have no doubt whatsoever about whether or not CMA's will become recognized as effective bases for MMA. Sure some CMA is crap, but then some boxing is crap too.

It annoys me a bit how people say "it's not enough". Yet they don't **** on wrestling or boxing, two sports that clearly fall into the lacking category when used alone.

Kellen Bassette
02-19-2013, 05:02 PM
I have no doubt whatsoever about whether or not CMA's will become recognized as effective bases for MMA. Sure some CMA is crap, but then some boxing is crap too.

It annoys me a bit how people say "it's not enough". Yet they don't **** on wrestling or boxing, two sports that clearly fall into the lacking category when used alone.

Well said.

GeneChing
02-20-2013, 11:30 AM
You guys really care that much about who wins? Of course! It's a sport. In sports, it's all about who wins. That's why it has such entertainment value. Like my old NCAA fencing coach used to say "no one cares who comes in second place except for second place and their mom."

David Jamieson
02-20-2013, 11:40 AM
"It doesn't matter if you win or lose, it's how you play the game"

- The losers mantra.

:D

MasterKiller
02-20-2013, 12:00 PM

Everyone in the game knows wrestling and boxing aren't "enough," but the fact is a number of pure boxers and wrestlers have done well in MMA. The same cannot yet be said for Kung Fu.

Frost
02-20-2013, 12:01 PM
F*ck Yeah!

RESPECT (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxk41lINCq8&feature=youtu.be)

what judo lebell, and the entire OL coaching staff do TCMA??????

SevenStar
02-20-2013, 12:26 PM

the difference? you really don't see pure boxers and pure wrestlers anymore. and ones we have seen gated well. they admitted the need to cross train years ago. it's 20 years later and some cma guys still say ground work is in their style, they won't go to the ground, they can modify their techniques, etc. also cma tend to hate to acknowledge outside skill sets. cung le does san shou and wrestling.he's also done tkd. if you search this forum, you will find guys arguing that his wrestling isn't what he's using and that he's fighting with pure san shou. it's retarded.

Syn7
02-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Everyone in the game knows wrestling and boxing aren't "enough," but the fact is a number of pure boxers and wrestlers have done well in MMA. The same cannot yet be said for Kung Fu.

Not anymore. And a good cma practitioner could have done ok in the original ufc matches. That was all a cluster**** though. I don't count the early examples because the game has changed dramatically. No one basic range will cut it anymore. Sure, a boxer can get lucky. But most likely he'll bust his ass learning how to not get taken down, how to check kicks etc. CMA already has all that. Not all of course, some cma is a sad joke. But some works, straight up. The days of pure arts in MMA are long gone.

Like I said before, you had guys like Coleman dominate, then all the sudden somebody realized that if they could stay on their feet they could pick the guy apart. And it happened.

At a time when everyone thought grappling and specifically ground fighting was the end all answer, guys like Maurice and Bas came out and showed everyone the obvious flaw in their thinking, paving the way for guys like Chuck Liddell. Then it evolved again, and again, and again. Now we have the Silvas, the Aldos, the St Pierres. Clearly being diverse and flexible is the key. What exactly do you see in MMA that cannot be found in or adapted into CMA?

Syn7
02-20-2013, 12:58 PM
the difference? you really don't see pure boxers and pure wrestlers anymore. and ones we have seen gated well. they admitted the need to cross train years ago. it's 20 years later and some cma guys still say ground work is in their style, they won't go to the ground, they can modify their techniques, etc. also cma tend to hate to acknowledge outside skill sets. cung le does san shou and wrestling.he's also done tkd. if you search this forum, you will find guys arguing that his wrestling isn't what he's using and that he's fighting with pure san shou. it's retarded.

I'm not here to argue that there are no cma ****tard morons. Infact I find that class to be the majority. What I'm saying is, it can work and there are people out there who can make it work.

CMA is a pretty broad category.

Frost
02-20-2013, 01:01 PM
I'm not here to argue that there are no cma ****tard morons. Infact I find that class to be the majority. What I'm saying is, it can work and there are people out there who can make it work.

CMA is a pretty broad category.

where are they, fact is in the early UFCs and early MMA there were some kung fu guys fighting, just as there were karate and pure grapplers none did well and non have really come through since then and its been over 20 years its not like its a new fad or anything its been here for decades and tcma has still to produce a handful of uys that can compete :confused:

MasterKiller
02-20-2013, 01:37 PM
What exactly do you see in MMA that cannot be found in ... CMA?

Groundfighting.

I added the ellipses because, well, anything can be adapted into anything.

MightyB
02-20-2013, 01:53 PM
Are we having this same argument again???

There's no pure anything in MMA. Saying that CMA isn't part of today's MMA is @ssinine. The original post starting this thread pretty much proves it with video. The guy's demonstrating Wushu and yes - he's Rousey's current head coach. She sought him out. He rejected her initially - and yes this is after Lebell, and Gokor... but she obviously thought she was missing something and this coach, this team is providing that something, and her current head coach has a CMA background! Is that the only thing she's learning? H3ll no, don't be stupid. You need a good background in a lot of aspects from a lot of different arts to be any good.

Why are we having the fuc*tarded MMA vs TCMA argument when CMA is part of MMA? There's no vs - it's part of MMA just like Judo's part, boxing's part, BJJ is part, Thai Boxing's part - there's a lot of parts to MMA. Process that in your brains already.

MasterKiller
02-20-2013, 02:07 PM
where are they, fact is in the early UFCs and early MMA there were some kung fu guys fighting, just as there were karate and pure grapplers none did well and non have really come through since then and its been over 20 years its not like its a new fad or anything its been here for decades and tcma has still to produce a handful of uys that can compete :confused:

It's not that NONE did well. Onassis Parungao (a forum member) won 2 fights as an alternate, I think.

But in the modern era, it's a silly arguement anyway. Combat sports work in sport combat. CMA is not, generally, a combat sport.

MasterKiller
02-20-2013, 02:12 PM
And just to prove CMA doesn't corner the market on fuktards:

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/563177_535837226439443_2144970145_n.jpg

taai gihk yahn
02-20-2013, 02:24 PM
but she obviously thought she was missing something and this coach, this team is providing that something, and her current head coach has a CMA background! Is that the only thing she's learning? H3ll no, don't be stupid. You need a good background in a lot of aspects from a lot of different arts to be any good.

I think it's pretty obvious why she picked him:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRHrdDHY7YM

it clearly has nothing to do w his wushu training...

MasterKiller
02-20-2013, 02:43 PM
Why are we having the fuc*tarded MMA vs TCMA argument .

"Look at this MMA coach who studied wushu!"

"Why are you all talking about wushu vs MMA?"

MightyB
02-20-2013, 02:54 PM
"Look at this MMA coach who studied wushu!"

"Why are you all talking about wushu vs MMA?"

exactly.
---

The shocking part was the Wushu BTW :D

MasterKiller
02-20-2013, 03:58 PM
exactly.
---

The shocking part was the Wushu BTW :D

Not as shocking as this:

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s597/FlowerFists/AA5E5202-07FE-4535-BE65-A0DB50837944-32609-00000F5B77B035AC_zps0731d540.jpg

Kellen Bassette
02-20-2013, 03:59 PM
where are they

There seems to be plenty of CMA based pro MMA fighters in the Asian promotions.

SevenStar
02-20-2013, 04:01 PM

*points finger at syn7* he started it!

There's no pure anything in MMA. Saying that CMA isn't part of today's MMA is @ssinine. The original post starting this thread pretty much proves it with video. The guy's demonstrating Wushu and yes - he's Rousey's current head coach. She sought him out. He rejected her initially - and yes this is after Lebell, and Gokor... but she obviously thought she was missing something and this coach, this team is providing that something, and her current head coach has a CMA background! Is that the only thing she's learning? H3ll no, don't be stupid. You need a good background in a lot of aspects from a lot of different arts to be any good.

Why are we having the fuc*tarded MMA vs TCMA argument when CMA is part of MMA? There's no vs - it's part of MMA just like Judo's part, boxing's part, BJJ is part, Thai Boxing's part - there's a lot of parts to MMA. Process that in your brains already.

you speak the truth - but that's not what we're talking about.

MasterKiller
02-20-2013, 04:04 PM
There seems to be plenty of CMA based pro MMA fighters in the Asian promotions.

D'uh! There are lots of American professional soccer players in America, too. But how do they fare against international competition?

SevenStar
02-20-2013, 04:16 PM
Not anymore. And a good cma practitioner could have done ok in the original ufc matches.

why didn't it happen?

But most likely he'll bust his ass learning how to not get taken down, how to check kicks etc. CMA already has all that.

what cma lacks is what has generally been its downfall.

1. lack of a ground grappling component

2. reluctance to train as one should for a combat sport.

people like rousey and le have gotten it right.

I'd like to see more sumo in mma.

Kellen Bassette
02-20-2013, 04:21 PM
D'uh! There are lots of American professional soccer players in America, too. But how do they fare against international competition?

I think the Asians will do as well as anyone. They're 20 years behind in the MMA game but it's growing big time in SE Asia. Give it some time to develop, the UFC has interest in the market. We'll be getting fighters from Asia on the international stage.

How many more successful U.S. soccer players would there be if there was as much interest in Pro soccer as football? When MMA matures in Asia they will be putting out champions too.

Syn7
02-20-2013, 06:04 PM

Yeah but it seems more like a cultural resistance and a bad case of denial as opposed to an inability.

Syn7
02-20-2013, 06:41 PM
Groundfighting.

I added the ellipses because, well, anything can be adapted into anything.

Yeah, I agree. Maybe I should have been more clear. What I mean is that the foundation is there. There is no mechanical reason why chinna can't be done better. It's all this cultural and tradition crap that holds it back. The whole old is better line of thinking.

Don't get me wrong, I'm always one of the first to **** on CMA for not covering their ranges. I'm just saying that I see no reason why CMA won't be able to take it's place among one of the many MANY bases we see in MMA today. And this coming from a guy who put way more time into MT, wrestling and No Gi than Bak Mei.

No???

Vash
02-20-2013, 06:45 PM
Not as shocking as this:

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s597/FlowerFists/AA5E5202-07FE-4535-BE65-A0DB50837944-32609-00000F5B77B035AC_zps0731d540.jpg

Dem quads.

Also, that marble flooring.

GoldenBrain
02-20-2013, 07:26 PM
I've witnessed this whole KF vs MMA vs (insert style)...etc argument for so long and for me it always comes back to this. It's not the style that wins the fight, it's the fighter.

I mean the human body can only move in a certain way so you either learn punch a, b, c... or kick a, b, c... or throw a, b, c... or joint lock a, b, c...etc correctly or incorrectly no matter what style. What really separates fighters is their size differences, strength, conditioning, years of experience and how well they understand what has been taught to them, if they learned it correctly in the first place.

Some styles might teach it better or give you more of a tool box of skills/techniques to use but in the end it all boils down to what works best for the fighter.

I doubt the temple monks of old discounted ground techniques or shuai jiao wouldn't have been refined from a Mongolian wrestling bout with bull horn hats to what it has become today. Chin-Na as well. I'm sure the monks practiced it all and exchanged ideas with traveling masters of all disciplines for centuries which means they kept what worked and mostly tossed out what didn't.

As for MMA, it seems to me that it is taught with less complications much like an army might teach the troops so it allows the student to advance more quickly. TCMA takes a longer approach but neither method is necessarily wrong.

There isn't anything wrong with any style as long as it teaches the techniques correctly. I think the worst thing a fighter can do is be resistant to learning from other styles. This leads to bottlenecks and we all have opinions of which styles suffer from this. I say cross-train and learn what works for your own anatomy and for goodness sakes spar a little. Learn what the master/coach is teaching until you can make it your own with your own style and flavor.

Stepping off soap box...:D

SevenStar
02-20-2013, 08:09 PM
it's not the fighter either - it's the training methods, imo.

MightyB
02-20-2013, 08:14 PM
the dude seems pretty awesome to me. I like his approach. Sounds like he busts out the Wushu in the steam room or when they've had a bit of the hooch. Just like any old school TCMAer I've ever known.

Just be tough and keep it realz. Do the pretty stuff to show off for the cameras and the girls.

Kellen Bassette
02-20-2013, 08:33 PM
the dude seems pretty awesome to me. I like his approach. Sounds like he busts out the Wushu in the steam room or when they've had a bit of the hooch. Just like any old school TCMAer I've ever known.

Just be tough and keep it realz. Do the pretty stuff to show off for the cameras and the girls.

Lol...when I was younger I used to do this little routine with kip up, hand spring, flip kick, and some flying spinning stuff...my Sifu said, "Very nice, but what do you use it for?" I said, "Impressing girls at the park." He liked that answer. :D

goju
02-20-2013, 11:08 PM
Not as shocking as this:

Yeah havent posted in a while i just wanna come in and say

http://legacy-cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/062011/fap-now-robo.gif

Frost
02-21-2013, 03:05 AM

because some idiot started a thread about her coach doing wushu.....big deal when she starts winning with those techniques in the clip and not her takedowns and armbars then this thread has a point, until then its clutching at straws:rolleyes:

Frost
02-21-2013, 03:07 AM
Yeah but it seems more like a cultural resistance and a bad case of denial as opposed to an inability.

umm no Americans and Europeans have been training tcma for decades theres no cultural resistance with them, they entered originally just didnt do too well and nothings happened since

GoldenBrain
02-21-2013, 06:15 AM
because some idiot started a thread about her coach doing wushu.....big deal when she starts winning with those techniques in the clip and not her takedowns and armbars then this thread has a point, until then its clutching at straws:rolleyes:

This made me laugh, except for the part where you insulted this man for posting a cool video. Sounds like a lot of chest thumping and bravado. Do you feel better now, I hope so...

The clip in the OP is of a coach performing a very little bit of Wushu for fun. I bet if she smacked a fighter around with that staff or stabbed them with the broken shard it'd win a fight but that would be against the rules now wouldn't it. Sure, she likes the arm bar because it's working for her but that arm bar can be found in Chin-Na, Shuai Jao, Kali Arnis, Judo...etc so which martial art should get the credit, none, it's the person who used the technique that gets the credit.

This is the main difference between the styles as I see it. MMA has components of ALL martial arts hence the name "mixed martial arts" and will work fine for self defense but it really isn't suited for that since you definitely don't want to go to ground in that situation, or you may get the boot stomp from one of your opponents buddies while you're attempting that arm bar. One on one, okay then but not for groups or war. There's just a different mentality and thats why I think some have failed in the ring that have come from traditional backgrounds. CMA, TCMA, KF whatever acronym you want to put on it was developed for war and self defense so the training methods and approach are completely different. Put that person in the ring and they flounder because all of the sudden the eye gouges, throat ripping and other rude techniques can't be used but those techniques are fine for what they originally started training for and that's self defense/war. Still, with that said there's almost nothing that beats a really hard punch to the face to bend the will of an attacker to the direction you want it to go.

Okay, off my soap box again...:D

MightyB
02-21-2013, 06:34 AM
Eh... Frost's just a bit slow. He'll get it in a couple of years or so. :)

Fact is, it's not TMA or CMA vs MMA. MMA has components of CMA & TMA in it. CMA and TMA are part of MMA.

There's enough proof on vid to support this. I've posted a clip from a UFC match of a Huen Choy used to Knock a Mofo out, there's Cung Le, and now there's the vid I just posted.

Anyway - dude's cool in my book since the big bear vids show that he likes the two things I happen to like in Martial Arts. CMA and Judo.

MightyB
02-21-2013, 06:37 AM
Beware of any "hot chick" pics that master killer posts. You can't trust it to be a woman. Just remember the swinging beef animated gif he found!

GoldenBrain
02-21-2013, 09:46 AM
Eh... Frost's just a bit slow. He'll get it in a couple of years or so. :)

Fact is, it's not TMA or CMA vs MMA. MMA has components of CMA & TMA in it. CMA and TMA are part of MMA.

There's enough proof on vid to support this. I've posted a clip from a UFC match of a Huen Choy used to Knock a Mofo out, there's Cung Le, and now there's the vid I just posted.

Anyway - dude's cool in my book since the big bear vids show that he likes the two things I happen to like in Martial Arts. CMA and Judo.

That's cool. It appears that you and Frost have a friendly banter back and forth so all's well. I hope I didn't offend anybody.:o As a noobie I'm still trying to understand all of the relationships on this forum which intertwine like a pretzel lined with barbed wire.

Frost
02-21-2013, 09:50 AM
That's cool. It appears that you and Frost have a friendly banter back and forth so all's well. I hope I didn't offend anybody.:o As a noobie I'm still trying to understand all of the relationships on this forum which intertwine like a pretzel lined with barbed wire.

we have a love hate relationship going :)

SevenStar
02-21-2013, 09:52 AM
Lol...when I was younger I used to do this little routine with kip up, hand spring, flip kick, and some flying spinning stuff...my Sifu said, "Very nice, but what do you use it for?" I said, "Impressing girls at the park." He liked that answer. :D

hmmmm...teach me that routine...

GoldenBrain
02-21-2013, 09:52 AM
Beware of any "hot chick" pics that master killer posts. You can't trust it to be a woman. Just remember the swinging beef animated gif he found!

This is good advice! I'm still trying to scratch my eyeballs out after one of his more recent photos of some dudes hairy arse. Thankfully I can't recall the thread. I'm glad I missed the swinging beef gif as I'm sure I'd need some therapy after that one.

GoldenBrain
02-21-2013, 09:54 AM
we have a love hate relationship going :)

Okay, very cool and many apologies. I just didn't get it yet but now I'm on board.

Syn7
02-21-2013, 12:51 PM
umm no Americans and Europeans have been training tcma for decades theres no cultural resistance with them, they entered originally just didnt do too well and nothings happened since

Dumb Americans who drink the retard juice are not the examples I would go to.

The fundamental principles are there. Either you see it or you don't.

I guarantee that there will be great fighters with CMA bases in the not so distant future. We can talk about it again when it happens. Will it be pure CMA? Probably not. But then that was never the point I was trying to make.

Syn7
02-21-2013, 12:54 PM
Okay, very cool and many apologies. I just didn't get it yet but now I'm on board.

Just don't get too close and try to avoid prolonged eye contact and you will do just fine. :p

MightyB
02-21-2013, 02:07 PM
Here's how to find him if she wins.

Edmond Tarverdyan (http://www.gfcfitness.com/instructors/edmond-tarverdyan/)

sanjuro_ronin
02-21-2013, 02:19 PM
This is what you need to know about Rousey:
http://vigilantemma.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/ronda-rousey-espn-body-issue-11.jpg

She has the olympic rings tattooed on her.

GoldenBrain
02-21-2013, 02:27 PM
Just don't get too close and try to avoid prolonged eye contact and you will do just fine. :p

Bwaaahahahahaha!!! I'll do my best.

Lucas
02-21-2013, 02:27 PM
had to shave for that one.

GoldenBrain
02-21-2013, 02:29 PM
This is what you need to know about Rousey:
http://vigilantemma.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/ronda-rousey-espn-body-issue-11.jpg

She has the olympic rings tattooed on her.

Sanjuro for the WIN!!!

You now have my vote for the next pope.:D

David Jamieson
02-21-2013, 04:29 PM
dat obliques!

MasterKiller
02-22-2013, 07:07 AM
Meh, she looks like a 12 year-old boy.

MK likes booty.

sanjuro_ronin
02-22-2013, 07:09 AM

MK likes booty.

Not gonna touch that with a 12ft pole !
:eek:

MightyB
02-22-2013, 07:13 AM
had to shave for that one.
:):):):):):):):):)

I love fit chicks!

MasterKiller
02-22-2013, 07:52 AM
:):):):):):):):):)

I love fit chicks!

My dear, naive boy. Fit is not synonymous with flat.

http://girlsinyogapants.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/bbwg.jpg

GeneChing
02-22-2013, 10:11 AM
Here's how to find him if she wins.

Edmond Tarverdyan (http://www.gfcfitness.com/instructors/edmond-tarverdyan/)

I wonder if she'll get UFC tattooed on her other inguinal crease. If she keeps that up, her pubic region will look like a Nascar jacket.

MightyB
02-22-2013, 10:21 AM
I wonder if she'll get UFC tattooed on her other inguinal crease. If she keeps that up, her pubic region will look like a Nascar jacket.

I want to go to there.

Lucas
02-22-2013, 11:29 AM

I want to go to there.

YouKnowWho
02-22-2013, 11:56 AM
it's not the fighter either - it's the training methods, imo.

Agree with you 100% there.

When A is training hard with his opponent while B is also training hard with his solo form, there is no way that B will have any chance to match against A no matter what style that B may train.

Unfortunately any suggestion of changing training method will upset some TCMA guys big time. If you tell a Taiji guy that he should use his leg to sweep/hook/lift/twist/... in his Taiji PH game, not only he won't appreciate your suggestion, he will hate you just because you don't respect Taiji enough.

The truth is 90% of TCMA guys are not in "combat". It's just the wrong audience if you want to promote the concept of "TCMA for combat". When you are talking about "training method", those TCMA for health, self-cultivation, inner peace, or performance guys just can't care less about it.

MasterKiller
02-22-2013, 12:53 PM
I want to go to there.

*fist bump*

sanjuro_ronin
02-22-2013, 12:54 PM
For MK:
http://superluchas.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/ronda1.jpeg

http://www.cagewall.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/ronda-rousey.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgkqwfatF17QMrej9gbtcvoo9gr_FX3 kq0NZldA6iI7DXbeIVA

MasterKiller
02-22-2013, 12:55 PM
Sorry, SJ,

She's built like this

http://www.buffingtonfx.com/images/gallery/props/2x4.jpg

GoldenBrain
02-22-2013, 01:08 PM
Agree with you 100% there.

When A is training hard with his opponent while B is also training hard with his solo form, there is no way that B will have any chance to match against A no matter what style that B may train.

Unfortunately any suggestion of changing training method will upset some TCMA guys big time. If you tell a Taiji guy that he should use his leg to sweep/hook/lift/twist/... in his Taiji PH game, not only he won't appreciate your suggestion, he will hate you just because you don't respect Taiji enough.

The truth is 90% of TCMA guys are not in "combat". It's just the wrong audience if you want to promote the concept of "TCMA for combat". When you are talking about "training method", those TCMA for health, self-cultivation, inner peace, or performance guys just can't care less about it.

Well, it doesn't upset me in the slightest. :D I'm in agreement as well regarding training methods and really that's what I was eluding to when I said it always comes back to the fighter and the way they learn/train in whatever style. Correct training methods are key to developing combat skill. Just doing forms and being dogmatic in that approach will not teach a student how to fight. There is just soooo much more to it than that. We as students of these various arts should be more open to cross-training in my opinion.

sanjuro_ronin
02-22-2013, 01:20 PM
Sorry, SJ,

She's built like this

http://www.buffingtonfx.com/images/gallery/props/2x4.jpg

Well, she is no Sofia Vergara that's for sure.

MightyB
02-22-2013, 01:35 PM
I like her. She can triangle me any day.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8070/8278208262_3425bacabb_z.jpg

http://img004.lazygirls.info/people/ronda_rousey/ronda_rousey_ronda_rousey_WYoId7p.sized.jpg

MasterKiller
02-22-2013, 02:42 PM
Not even close to this:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/fe6c368f4890d5edd6531ac0b3406a8d/tumblr_mi3jelQo7w1s4oj2mo1_400.jpg

Kellen Bassette
02-22-2013, 09:03 PM
Correct training methods are key to developing combat skill. Just doing forms and being dogmatic in that approach will not teach a student how to fight.

It's so simple, yet so vehemently resisted.

SevenStar
02-23-2013, 08:50 AM
but the fighting is in the forms!:eek::p;)

Robinhood
02-23-2013, 10:36 AM
It's so simple, yet so vehemently resisted.

The art is fighting without fighting, anyone can fight, that is just meeting resistance with resistance .

Kellen Bassette
02-23-2013, 11:08 AM
The art is fighting without fighting, anyone can fight, that is just meeting resistance with resistance .

Go ahead and get in a fight and try not fighting with them. Tell me how it goes.

Robinhood
02-23-2013, 11:32 AM
Go ahead and get in a fight and try not fighting with them. Tell me how it goes.

I did not say it was easy, if it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

Vash
02-23-2013, 11:42 AM
I did not say it was easy, if it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

Not to take the thread off-topic (RE: Rousey pics, of which we need MOAR), but . . .

Could you give us a technical breakdown of 'fighting-without-fighting?' What it entails, physically. And please keep it simple, I'm not what you'd call 'smart.'

taai gihk yahn
02-23-2013, 11:52 AM
Could you give us a technical breakdown of 'fighting-without-fighting?' What it entails, physically. And please keep it simple, I'm not what you'd call 'smart.'

http://www.kadoee.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/v/e/venus-fly-trap2.jpg

Robinhood
02-23-2013, 11:59 AM
Not to take the thread off-topic (RE: Rousey pics, of which we need MOAR), but . . .

I could show you, but then I would have to kill you. Lol

Does not entail much physical, that is the art of it, I will say this, it all has to do with MASTERING THE POINT, what point ?, point of contact to start.

Robinhood
02-23-2013, 12:01 PM
http://www.kadoee.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/v/e/venus-fly-trap2.jpg

I can see why your moving on ! Lol

Vash
02-23-2013, 12:21 PM
I could show you, but then I would have to kill you. Lol

Does not entail much physical, that is the art of it, I will say this, it all has to do with MASTERING THE POINT, what point ?, point of contact to start.

I don't . . . I don't follow. If it's not much physical, then why be concerned at all with a "point of contact?"

Syn7
02-23-2013, 12:38 PM

MK likes booty.

Yeah, I didn't wanna come across like a Rousey hater. But, ummm, WORD!

Don't get me wrong, she cute. But as far as my tastes go, she's like a 7.

It's unfortunate how women's MMA is being objectified in such a manner. Most MMA fans are morons anyways, it's no surprise. For every knowledgeable true fan there are 10,000 retards that booo high level grappling. So I guess it's only natural that this class of moron can't get over two women touching eachother so much w/o getting wood.

Robinhood
02-23-2013, 12:51 PM
I don't . . . I don't follow. If it's not much physical, then why be concerned at all with a "point of contact?"

Everything that goes on from both sides has to flow threw that one small point of contact, if you can master that point then you will have a big advantage.

Syn7
02-23-2013, 01:05 PM

He has whiteboy syndrome. The two hand measurement system. :p

MasterKiller
02-23-2013, 08:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/64ULN.gif