PDA

View Full Version : On a lighter note.......

GlennR
02-19-2013, 10:41 PM
Im impressed with Sifu Grados

He has his own song, 1st few minutes of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmDugybqK3M

CRCAUSA
02-19-2013, 10:56 PM
I really enjoyed the video. It's good to see someone who is proficient in WC.:)

Phil Redmond
02-24-2013, 08:37 PM
Wow, people saying something good about another Wing Chun guy. Go figure. :-)

Robinhood
02-24-2013, 09:27 PM

Its beginning w/c, better than most, but far from good.

GlennR
02-25-2013, 03:33 AM
Its beginning w/c, better than most, but far from good.

I was actually impressed he had his own song.

Buddha_Fist
02-25-2013, 08:18 AM

That's just because he's not doing Wing Chun! :P

Just kiddding....

:D

Eric_H
02-25-2013, 03:46 PM
Wow, I hadn't heard the original song in years. Secret Sahamadi by Live if i remember right...

Still having your own theme song is pretty excellent.

hulkout
02-26-2013, 08:26 AM

When I read the first comment, I thought the exact same thing. It seems all I ever hear is people trash talking about other practitioners. It's refreshing to actually hear compliments about someone.

poulperadieux
02-26-2013, 08:55 AM
H U G E !

Hope someone make my own theme song one day !

CRCAUSA
02-26-2013, 11:40 AM
What would really be nice is being able to have a friendly discussion about wing chun techniques, concepts, etc. without all the personal attacks. Think it could be done.....probably not.:)

stonecrusher69
02-26-2013, 01:35 PM
[QUOTE=CRCAUSA;1214264]What would really be nice is being able to have a friendly discussion about wing chun techniques, concepts, etc. without all the personal attacks. Think it could be done.....probably not.:)[/QUOT

Not in a million years..

Bernard
02-26-2013, 01:45 PM
I think it can be done so long everyone who wants to have an ernest discussion stays on topic and ignore the trolls....

CRCAUSA
02-26-2013, 03:06 PM
Never happen:):)

Bernard
02-26-2013, 03:11 PM
Never happen:):)

Ignore the trolls. You people rack discip'rine. You must learn disciprine!

CRCAUSA
02-26-2013, 04:05 PM
Yes Master Po:)

Wayfaring
02-27-2013, 08:33 AM
What would really be nice is being able to have a friendly discussion about wing chun techniques, concepts, etc. without all the personal attacks. Think it could be done.....probably not.:)

The nature of WCK as an art is very disjointed. Many lineages and little agreement between them. A lot of bickering. A lot of closemindedness.

This forum is a reflection of that. As such, moderation is light, mostly just removing internet challenges and the most blatant personal attacks. There are a lot of dead WCK forums around, which is probably what would happen to this one if moderation increased to the point where everyone only talked in a friendly discussion. People don't see eye to eye. So they disagree and if conversation continues people eventually get to a place of understanding one another, at least a little bit. Sometimes conversation doesn't continue.

I guess I'd just say this forum is a reflection of reality.

And that while there are some cool concepts and discussions, there's a lot of static interspersed that you just have to ignore. Pick and choose what interests you and what you want to respond to.

Just my .02.

sanjuro_ronin
02-27-2013, 08:34 AM
Honestly, you WC guys are your own worse enemies.

CRCAUSA
02-27-2013, 08:42 AM
In many ways I would agree with that. Unlike other systems I have been through that are pretty much standardized across the world WC simply is not. There are not only many different styles but even within the same style many that don't agree with each other. Even that wouldn't be such a bad thing if people could just respect others while disagreeing on the topic at hand. Of course that is never going to happen.:)

stonecrusher69
02-27-2013, 08:46 AM

I hear Sifu Grados learnt most of his WC from Master Augustine Fong and his top representative in NYC.

Wayfaring
02-27-2013, 09:21 AM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/484992_10151443985918908_1564099487_n.jpg

thedreamer7
02-27-2013, 09:24 AM
The nature of WCK as an art is very disjointed. Many lineages and little agreement between them. A lot of bickering. A lot of closemindedness.

This forum is a reflection of that. As such, moderation is light, mostly just removing internet challenges and the most blatant personal attacks. There are a lot of dead WCK forums around, which is probably what would happen to this one if moderation increased to the point where everyone only talked in a friendly discussion. People don't see eye to eye. So they disagree and if conversation continues people eventually get to a place of understanding one another, at least a little bit. Sometimes conversation doesn't continue.

I guess I'd just say this forum is a reflection of reality.

And that while there are some cool concepts and discussions, there's a lot of static interspersed that you just have to ignore. Pick and choose what interests you and what you want to respond to.

Just my .02.

The lack of respect for the son's of Ip Man always get me. Anyone who knows Chinese culture would understand that Ip Man would have trusted his own sons with his legacy...

Vajramusti
02-27-2013, 01:47 PM
I hear Sifu Grados learnt most of his WC from Master Augustine Fong and his top representative in NYC.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not quite true-some seminars yes- regular instruction- no -afaik. I have briefly rolled with him ,
He seems to be doing fairly well in his own path.