PDA

View Full Version : Rotator Cuff

GGL
09-05-2001, 10:17 PM
I recently tore my rotator cuff wrestling.. went to the er and all they could do was give me anti-inflammatory pills. Is there anything y'all can advise to facilitate a quick and efficient recovery?

Lost_Disciple
09-05-2001, 10:44 PM
Glucosamine, MSM, chondroitin each help to alieve joint trauma. Heat might help as well.

Hope u feel better. I've got a lot of friends who've had shoulder problems and it always meant major time off.

Just some thoughts from an ignoramus.

Silumkid
09-06-2001, 02:03 AM
REST! Lots and lots of it, with minimal use of the arm. Allow it to recover before you try to do anything with it. Hopefully, you won't have to have surgery...most guys I know who blew rotator cuffs have had to.

We are trained in wushu; we must protect the Temple!

Ford Prefect
09-06-2001, 02:30 PM
I fairly certain that if you actually tore your rotator cuff, then the only thing you can do is go under the knife. Are you sure it's torn and not strained?

UberShaman
09-06-2001, 05:03 PM
The only thing that will help it is rest, your going to be out of action for quite awhile

Merryprankster
09-08-2001, 04:40 AM
I've had some mild tears in my right and left rotator cuff. Stabilizing your shoulder is key. This can be accomplished with certain exercises using a rubber band or dumbbell. It tightens up your shoulder and helps prevent further injury. On all movements, only go as far as pain will allow. Don't push it. Light weights and high reps to prevent joint stress.

Try these. I can attest they work. KEEP DOING THEM ONCE YOU ARE HEALED.

Rotator Cuff page (http://familydoctor.org/handouts/265.html)

DrunkenMonkey
09-08-2001, 05:59 AM
Ouch you tore your rotator cuff? Echies that sucks dry ass.

An Art is any form of expression or task that has been honed to near perfection.

GGL
09-09-2001, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the good pointers!@!!