PDA

View Full Version : Chi in Wing Chun : English Vesion

poulperadieux
02-26-2013, 08:52 AM
Some videos we shot last summer, on the theme of power generation by using a corrected stance :

Part 01 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrAX8dEZWJY

Part 02 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JU7rYLMaxQ

One inch punch on a big guy... Fail :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmKzrwdZ-UY

And some Bull**** with girls on the grass :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBVnqHud7Jo

Comments, critics, and other stuff welcome

"Inhaling is yin, energy enters the body, exhaling is yang, energy is spread, thorough the body. 230 BC the Empror Chin Shih Huang Ti was already saying : " To breathe is to live, To breathe badly is to live badly. To breathe a little is to live a little, one should cultivate the body and the spirit in order to obtain a real breath."

Hendrik
02-26-2013, 07:38 PM
The issue I see are.

1. You define thing as you like and not what it is.
Chi, long bridge, short bridge, nim Lik.....etc

This is what cause unnecessary confusion and mystesism and distortion.

2. Need to take consideration on your opponent possible injury. There is no point to put that book or phone book.

IMHO, wing Chun like this is party trick wing Chun.

Vajramusti
02-26-2013, 07:47 PM
Some videos we shot last summer, on the theme of power generation by using a corrected stance :

Part 01 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrAX8dEZWJY

Part 02 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JU7rYLMaxQ

One inch punch on a big guy... Fail :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmKzrwdZ-UY

And some Bull**** with girls on the grass :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBVnqHud7Jo

Comments, critics, and other stuff welcome

"Inhaling is yin, energy enters the body, exhaling is yang, energy is spread, thorough the body. 230 BC the Empror Chin Shih Huang Ti was already saying : " To breathe is to live, To breathe badly is to live badly. To breathe a little is to live a little, one should cultivate the body and the spirit in order to obtain a real breath."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pretty bad~!

poulperadieux
02-26-2013, 11:11 PM
The issue I see are.

1. You define thing as you like and not what it is.
Chi, long bridge, short bridge, nim Lik.....etc

In my country, that's called ingesting knowledge.
What's important isn't what the teacher say, it's what you feel.

"Nothing gets real before you felt it" John Keats

This is what cause unnecessary confusion and mystesism and distortion.

No! What causes confusion an mystesism is confusion and mystesism !
None in my video !

2. Need to take consideration on your opponent possible injury. There is no point to put that book or phone book.

There's a point !
The title of the book is a wink for a friend !
Never use a phone book, I've got no friends in a phone company.

IMHO, wing Chun like this is party trick wing Chun.

Yeah, one inch punch is sure party trick Wing Chun, Bruce Lee Started !

What's the fun if you know Wing Chun without a little party tricks to get laid?

Get French, less serious, more fun Jimmy !
Get your guitar and get up stand up !
Rastafaria !

Anyway, for you, what is the définition of Niem Lik and Chi?
And the bridges?

And don't pay attention on my jokes, I'm Sorry, can't help !

poulperadieux
02-26-2013, 11:12 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pretty bad~!

You must developp a little, if you want your point taken.

Vajramusti
02-27-2013, 06:30 AM
You must developp a little, if you want your point taken.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would be a waste of time.

poulperadieux
02-27-2013, 06:44 AM
Your website is interesting, but only photos, how do you move in your joint?

stonecrusher69
02-27-2013, 07:18 AM
Welcome to the KFO.. I'll say something positive thanks for sharing. BTW who do you train with?

Merci

poulperadieux
02-27-2013, 07:20 AM
Welcome to the KFO.. I'll say something positive thanks for sharing. BTW who do you train with?

Merci

Thank you for that, was about to leave !

I learnt in a wing tsun school, than with some not known people in parcs in Paris and in the south of France, and some people who don't want their names on the net because they don't teach anymore and got rid of wing chun.

stonecrusher69
02-27-2013, 08:37 AM
Thank you for that, was about to leave !

I learnt in a wing tsun school, than with some not known people in parcs in Paris and in the south of France, and some people who don't want their names on the net because they don't teach anymore and got rid of wing chun.

Ok I understand..I trained a lot in the park myself. It's a good way to learn fast and test your stuff out. Anyway, you seem to have a grasp of Wing Chun body mechanics.

Not everyone on this board is a ****. Although 99% are.

thedreamer7
02-27-2013, 08:54 AM

More on one inch punch :)
http://www.wingchuntaoist.com/2012/04/one-inch-punch-in-wing-chun.html

poulperadieux
02-27-2013, 08:58 AM
Ok I understand..I trained a lot in the park myself. It's a good way to learn fast and test your stuff out. Anyway, you seem to have a grasp of Wing Chun body mechanics.

Not everyone on this board is a ****. Although 99% are.

I used to be a doctor in the past, so I studied anatomy an physiology a bit.

Yeah, about the figure, I guessed so, thanks for the welcome, you are the first !

As for the motion against the hook, I saw it in okinawaian karate, in some of my white crane friends work, in Muay Boran and in some ideas of Kenneth Cheung from the Leung Sheun Lineage.

Hendrik
02-27-2013, 09:03 AM
I recommend you to read the yik kam transform ebook .

In my country, that's called ingesting knowledge.
What's important isn't what the teacher say, it's what you feel.

"Nothing gets real before you felt it" John Keats

No! What causes confusion an mystesism is confusion and mystesism !
None in my video !

There's a point !
The title of the book is a wink for a friend !
Never use a phone book, I've got no friends in a phone company.

What's the fun if you know Wing Chun without a little party tricks to get laid?

Get French, less serious, more fun Jimmy !
Get your guitar and get up stand up !
Rastafaria !

Anyway, for you, what is the définition of Niem Lik and Chi?
And the bridges?

And don't pay attention on my jokes, I'm Sorry, can't help !

stonecrusher69
02-27-2013, 09:07 AM
I used to be a doctor in the past, so I studied anatomy an physiology a bit.

Yeah, about the figure, I guessed so, thanks for the welcome, you are the first !

As for the motion against the hook, I saw it in okinawaian karate, in some of my white crane friends work, in Muay Boran and in some ideas of Kenneth Cheung from the Leung Sheun Lineage.

The technique you used against the hook punch is fine..There is nothing wrong with it and I've seen a million WC guys using it. If it works for you keep using it.

poulperadieux
02-27-2013, 09:34 AM
I recommend you to read the yik kam transform ebook .

I flew over the qi section, read the next after.

Can't drive into the meridian stuf, neither the dantian.

Works on focused mind on the dantien to cultivate chi seems like Hypnosis for me, and so, as I'm a Westerner, I prefer working on hypnosis.

As for the meridians and stuff, I prefer the myofascial models, helps me to connect things together with the appropriate exercices with validated anatomical and physological models.

And I mix these with some old school chinese stuff I've been told.

Unity of the body with the mind, I think we agree on the main picture.

"What I want to do, my body does, if my body is strong enough" : that's the words of a dance teacher.

Different ways to think things, same body, what's important is one's results, not the words or the theory.

If you've got chi, make a video where you fly big people, youtube is there for that, or else, it's only stuffed theory.

Hendrik
02-27-2013, 10:14 AM
Chi is real within the body. It is independent of how one think or believe. It is a subtle physical, certainly not hypnosis. Got nothing todo with westerner or easterner, race and nationality is not a reason to misinterpret things.

One needs to develop it to evoke it then know what it is by experience. And verify with the teaching of the ancient WCK teaching.

you sure can prefer anything you like.
But please called it something else because it is your creation, not WCK not according to the Chinese martial art development.

You are fantasy talking chi fly big people.

Just make sure your pushing crashing demo doesn't cause some friends of you internal injury .

I flew over the qi section, read the next after.

Can't drive into the meridian stuf, neither the dantian.

Works on focused mind on the dantien to cultivate chi seems like Hypnosis for me, and so, as I'm a Westerner, I prefer working on hypnosis.

As for the meridians and stuff, I prefer the myofascial models, helps me to connect things together with the appropriate exercices with validated anatomical and physological models.

And I mix these with some old school chinese stuff I've been told.

Unity of the body with the mind, I think we agree on the main picture.

"What I want to do, my body does, if my body is strong enough" : that's the words of a dance teacher.

Different ways to think things, same body, what's important is one's results, not the words or the theory.

If you've got chi, make a video where you fly big people, youtube is there for that, or else, it's only stuffed theory.

poulperadieux
02-27-2013, 10:49 AM
Chi is real within the body. It is independent of how one think or believe. It is a subtle physical, certainly not hypnosis. Got nothing todo with westerner or easterner, race and nationality is not a reason to misinterpret things.

Yep, it's a sensation, a flow that gives motion in short or long range, and can be felt travelling the body.
I've been initiated to that.

But, it remains a sensation, and I can give the sensation and some of the effects of chi to complete amateurs in 5 or 10 minutes using hypnosis.

Enhanced awareness and vision, slowing the perception of time and space, uncommon displays of strenght, fast learning of gong fu techniques and other stuff non related to martial arts... Quoique.

One needs to develop it to evoke it then know what it is by experience. And verify with the teaching of the ancient WCK teaching.

Yeap, I'll read your book as I read everything I had in hands on the subject, but I also study Neuropsychiatry, Neurology, Hypnosis, Myofascial models theorys, ect ect...

Knowledge is crossing knowledges...

I rule nothing out, but I choose the models that suit me best, for what I want to do.

you sure can prefer anything you like.
But please called it something else because it is your creation, not WCK not according to the Chinese martial art development.

Who are you to define what and what isn't Wing Chun?
Wing Chun is a work method, an ensemble of principles, not a set of moves... No?

You are fantasy talking chi fly big people.

I fly big people sometimes at parties, it's fun, I keep it safe uh !

Just make sure your pushing crashing demo doesn't cause some friends of you internal injury

As I said... I used to be a doctor, and what we try to do after signing the paper is :

"Primum Non Nocere"

So please...

Hendrik
02-27-2013, 12:07 PM
Kungfu is development. Qi handling is development. It is definitely not thinking or believe. Until one get there one really doesn't know but thinking intellectual , which is not what it is. Qi development and handling is also not hypnosis.

Sensation is not a direct indication of qi. In fact, sensation is often misleading

Qi got nothing todo with flying Any object directly. anyone talk qi blast is fantasy. AS this video! They call it fake and willing to be hypnotis. The lady has been kicked out of thier lineage after that for misleading.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkuO-jEeHec

Confusious says " know what one doesn't know means knowing. If one doesn't know then say doesn't know, means know."

Good luck.

Yep, it's a sensation, a flow that gives motion in short or long range, and can be felt travelling the body.
I've been initiated to that.

But, it remains a sensation, and I can give the sensation and some of the effects of chi to complete amateurs in 5 or 10 minutes using hypnosis.

Enhanced awareness and vision, slowing the perception of time and space, uncommon displays of strenght, fast learning of gong fu techniques and other stuff non related to martial arts... Quoique.

Yeap, I'll read your book as I read everything I had in hands on the subject, but I also study Neuropsychiatry, Neurology, Hypnosis, Myofascial models theorys, ect ect...

Knowledge is crossing knowledges...

I rule nothing out, but I choose the models that suit me best, for what I want to do.

Who are you to define what and what isn't Wing Chun?
Wing Chun is a work method, an ensemble of principles, not a set of moves... No?

I fly big people sometimes at parties, it's fun, I keep it safe uh !

As I said... I used to be a doctor, and what we try to do after signing the paper is :

"Primum Non Nocere"

So please...