PDA

View Full Version : The Doc is in the house... at 42!!!

Subitai
02-27-2013, 09:12 AM
42 year old Filipino Doctor vs. American MMA-Fighter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnVxNLMp3SQ

I love it, he used to do Karate...he's still pretty accurate and doesn't waist allot of energy.

Couple solid connections and the other guy was probably thinking with half brain capacity....haha See the color of his face?

Awesome... love to see that.

"O"

sanjuro_ronin
02-27-2013, 09:24 AM
Good work !!

Kellen Bassette
02-27-2013, 09:34 AM
I saw a lot of fine Karate skills there. It's a shame he's coming in so late. He would have had some real potential as a younger man.

sanjuro_ronin
02-27-2013, 10:00 AM
I saw a lot of fine Karate skills there. It's a shame he's coming in so late. He would have had some real potential as a younger man.

Its not about changing WHAT you do, but HOW you do it.
You don't need to become a "mixed MA", you just have to train to fight one an develop your skills ( in this case Karate) to be effective against what a MMA fighters brings to the table.

Kellen Bassette
02-27-2013, 10:03 AM
True that bro.

GoldenBrain
02-27-2013, 09:31 PM
Good work !!

You might even say he had good Kung-Fu! Mwaaaahahahaha!:D

Now was it Mixed Martial Arts since they went to the ground during the fight, or was it Jiu-jitsu, or Judo... Heck, what happens when a Jiu-Jitsu guy punches on the ground, is that Karate or Kung-Fu, maybe boxing or... I am so confused.:rolleyes:

Alright, I admit it, I'm just making fun of all these ridiculous style vs style arguments. I'll behave now.

Sanjuro_ronin said it perfectly well, "It's not about changing WHAT you do, but HOW you do it."

I'll just add that it was a great fight, so props to the Doc!

Vash
02-28-2013, 10:18 AM
Found his entry music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeduMXfqb_o&noredirect=1

gunbeatskroty
03-23-2013, 04:28 PM
Its not about changing WHAT you do, but HOW you do it.
You don't need to become a "mixed MA", you just have to train to fight one an develop your skills ( in this case Karate) to be effective against what a MMA fighters brings to the table.

They're both MMA fighters.

YouKnowWho
03-23-2013, 05:15 PM
Do people notice that after the winning, he didn't jump up and down or pound on his chest. It's quite "abnormal" by today's standard.

Vash
03-24-2013, 05:12 PM
Actually, I had to go back an' check that out. Completely by-passed me. And if I had been asked about his post-fight reaction, I'm sure I would've said he "celebrated," while putting his face on Clay Guida or somesuch.

Apparently, classy people compete too.

YouKnowWho
03-24-2013, 05:36 PM
We can all learn from his fighting style. Do people notice that he always move forward instead of move backward?

Also if his opponent has Judo and wrestling background, how can he put his opponent down with him on top?