PDA

View Full Version : New Military Close Quarters Combat system

Yum Cha
03-08-2013, 12:00 AM
Have a read of this:
http://www.news.com.au/national-news/diggers-defend-killer-commando-who-strangled-taliban-commander/story-fncynjr2-1226593075852

His claim to fame is he killed a Taliban Commander in hand to hand.

"Since its 2010 implementation, the course created by Sgt Cale at Sydney's Holsworthy Barracks has changed the way our top troops train for modern warfare.
"Out of that (2007) event I realised that what we're teaching is north compared to south ... so I reconstructed the entire CQF (close-quarter fighting) program," he said.
"They were basically looking at what we do and when one of their Navy Seals saw our program … he said it was 18 months ahead of anything they'd ever seen in the world.
"The US Special Forces guys sent their instructors over here to work with me through our entire package and went back to the States and introduced it into their package."
The father of two, who used his civilian martial arts training to develop the program, will soon split his time between the US and Australia as he delivers it to the Green Berets with business partner, former Western Australian police detective, Bleddyn 'Taff' Davies.

sanjuro_ronin
03-08-2013, 06:38 AM
Oh yeah sure, never heard that before, LMAO !

Yum Cha
03-08-2013, 02:26 PM
"BEING forced to strangle a Taliban commander during hand-to-hand combat drove one of the country's most elite warriors to change the way our special forces train for modern warfare.

Australian Commando Paul Cale, an elite soldier from 2 Commando Regiment, created a world-leading close-quarter fighting course after he was caught in a "scuffle" during a night mission while on deployment to Afghanistan in 2007.

This is the first time he has been publicly identified.

Goes on to talk about the operation, some of his philosophies and some lessons.

You Canadians aren't the only bad asses.....<grin>

http://www.news.com.au/national-news/killer-commando-america-poaches-australias-toughest-man/story-fncynjr2-1226592161560

mawali
03-09-2013, 01:17 PM
Have a read of this:
http://www.news.com.au/national-news/diggers-defend-killer-commando-who-strangled-taliban-commander/story-fncynjr2-1226593075852

His claim to fame is he killed a Taliban Commander in hand to hand.

"Since its 2010 implementation, the course created by Sgt Cale at Sydney's Holsworthy Barracks has changed the way our top troops train for modern warfare.
"Out of that (2007) event I realised that what we're teaching is north compared to south ... so I reconstructed the entire CQF (close-quarter fighting) program," he said.
"They were basically looking at what we do and when one of their Navy Seals saw our program … he said it was 18 months ahead of anything they'd ever seen in the world.
"The US Special Forces guys sent their instructors over here to work with me through our entire package and went back to the States and introduced it into their package."
The father of two, who used his civilian martial arts training to develop the program, will soon split his time between the US and Australia as he delivers it to the Green Berets with business partner, former Western Australian police detective, Bleddyn 'Taff' Davies.

I would not say that the stuff is new since it is out there!
All of the SF guys I have met were resourceful and they know how to use their environment. There are a bunch of CQB/CQF/etc systems out there