PDA

View Full Version : Maintaining the ability to Fa jin?

hajimesaito
03-10-2013, 10:27 AM
There have been times when I could Fa jin (after about 2 years of practice) naturally while striking with fists or kicking. But after a few days the ability disappears again. It returns again after some consistent practice, but takes weeks and even months to return to the level that I gained insight about in the beginning. One thing I have learned is that Fa jin is not something that naturally emerges through practice, but it needs to be maintained through regular practice.

Any thoughts about it? Did anyone else also experience this stage in their martial career where they struggled to maintain the ability to Fa Jin?

Robinhood
03-10-2013, 10:52 AM
There have been times when I could Fa jin (after about 2 years of practice) naturally while striking with fists or kicking. But after a few days the ability disappears again. It returns again after some consistent practice, but takes weeks and even months to return to the level that I gained insight about in the beginning. One thing I have learned is that Fa jin is not something that naturally emerges through practice, but it needs to be maintained through regular practice.

Any thoughts about it? Did anyone else also experience this stage in their martial career where they struggled to maintain the ability to Fa Jin?

What you think is fa jin is problem something completely different.

You won't have it after 2 years, add a zero to that, then maybe you might be closer to something.

bawang
03-10-2013, 11:27 AM

1. you need to progress from air fajin to fajin against a heavy object.
2. you are overtraining, so your progress is stalling/reversing. real fajin takes a lot of energy, and you cant do it a hundred times a day. limit to 12-20 a day.
3. you are not eating enough.
4. do explosive pushups with MAXIMUM speed.

Lee Chiang Po
03-10-2013, 04:38 PM
What is Fa Jin?

bawang
03-10-2013, 04:41 PM
What is Fa Jin?

it is a small baby calf just after birth, when it is purple just like an eggplant.

Bernard
03-10-2013, 06:16 PM
What is Fa Jin?

it is a small baby calf just after birth, when it is purple just like an eggplant.

I thought it was a swear word or something. "ya fa'jin" basterd.

Bernard
03-10-2013, 11:48 PM
http://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000018879852-xqi3zd-original.jpg?060de79

Oh right, it should've been "ya fa'jin, BASTAGES!"

CLFNole
03-11-2013, 07:51 AM
Roman Maroni..."I'll have your baalls in a sling..."

extrajoseph
03-11-2013, 12:40 PM
To fa jin properly (to express your dynamic strength like in an explosive punch) every part of your body has to line up in just the right way, so the force reacting on the ground can be transmitted smoothly to the point of delivery according to your desire. Since every part of your body is involved, it is not that easy to repeat the same action everytime. Don't worry, you will get it back if you keep on training. Everyone one of us would have experienced this frustration if they have reached the stage where he or she can Fa jin at will. The analogy is like making a record, you'll need to keep on digging the grooves deeper and deeper, so the needle would not jump out and the music keeps on playing. Good luck and don't worry about this Bawang guy, his mom is very strong but not his dad! :-)

David Jamieson
03-11-2013, 12:53 PM
You're human. You're gonna have off days, off moments, distractions, lacking in spirit, etc etc.

Some days you got it, other days you don't.

What you want to do is bring up your median line so that you aren't completely ineffective on your off days. :)