PDA

View Full Version : Trolling

GeneChing
03-12-2013, 09:26 AM
I love this story. You all will too. :D

Warning: If You Troll A Professional Boxer On Twitter, He Might Show Up At Your House (http://deadspin.com/warning-if-you-troll-a-professional-boxer-on-twitter-452727665)

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18h71oft9j6bijpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

Curtis Woodhouse is a former professional soccer player who turned to boxing in 2006. After recently suffering a loss to Shayne Singleton, Woodhouse found himself in the crosshairs of a troll with a Twitter account.

@woodhousecurtis Haha u lost u silly mug fight a 10 year old next time if u want to actually win u waste of spunk
— the master (@jimmyob88) March 11, 2013

@woodhousecurtis Whats funny u put so much effort in sacrificed all that time and failed to defend your mickey mouse title #wasteofspunk

@woodhousecurtis just retire lets face it your not good the facts and statistics prove my point a handful of losses already #****boxer

Unfortunately for the troll, Woodhouse decided that he wasn't going to take such abuse sitting down. Somehow, he managed to discover what street his antagonist lives on, and he set out to pay him a visit while mercilessly live-tweeting his trip.

With **** getting much more real than the troll had ever intended, he quickly and pathetically changed his tone:

@woodhousecurtis@wit_xx i was only joking about Didnt think you would be bothered thought you would take them as a joke

@woodhousecurtis i am sorry its getting abit out of hand i am in the wrong i accept that

So we've all learned a valuable lesson: Don't ever assume that the internet guarantees anonymity, and don't ever troll a guy who makes his living by punching people in the face.

Lucas
03-12-2013, 09:52 AM
Who wants to start a company with me that tracks trolls and beats them for $$?

MightyB
03-12-2013, 10:01 AM
Who wants to start a company with me that tracks trolls and beats them for $$?

I'm in, and I'll video tape and post the beatings.

Lucas
03-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Hell ya!!!! We can make a video series and sell them online.

GeneChing
03-12-2013, 10:09 AM
...so you'll have to cut me in under the table. ;)

Dale Dugas
03-12-2013, 10:21 AM
Nice!

You are responsible for your actions everywhere.

You talk p oop with people, they have every right to come see you and have you say it to their face.

I bet that troll crap ped himself bigtime.

GeneChing
03-12-2013, 10:33 AM
Just imagine opening your door and seeing Dale in full beard and kilt.

You'll lose your cupcakes.

:p

Dale Dugas
03-12-2013, 10:40 AM
Cupcakes a trembling here comes Demented Kung Fu Santa....

GeneChing
03-12-2013, 10:42 AM
...probably some fine single malt abominized with ginseng and cordyceps. :mad:

;)

Dale Dugas
03-12-2013, 10:49 AM
I put semi-wild American Ginseng in one decent bottle of Single Malt......

;):D

SPJ
03-12-2013, 10:59 AM
1. miley cyrus quitted tweeter

due to negative or trolling replies.

2. Youtube let you remove negative replies and comments.

Youtube also police inflammatory comments and suspend accounts.

3. FBI actually seize tweets for evidence

4. Beware what we say on line

they can be seized by the government and used against us in court.

Ouch.

:eek:

YouKnowWho
03-12-2013, 01:16 PM
4. Beware what we say on line ...
One guy always had problem with the FBI. He jointed in an online discussion. At the end of his post, he always added "Long live GWB!". The FBI doesn't bother him any more.

Kellen Bassette
03-12-2013, 04:55 PM
Dude was a clownshoe...

http://www.thejrexperiment.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Jay-and-Silent-Bob.jpg

Syn7
03-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Nice!

You are responsible for your actions everywhere.

You talk p oop with people, they have every right to come see you and have you say it to their face.

I bet that troll crap ped himself bigtime.

And then what? What can you do face to face that you can't do here? Aside from lame martial challenges, that is. So if I step to you and say the things I have said to you here, WTF you gonna do? Hurt me?

(add your standard weak response here:rolleyes:)

David Jamieson
03-12-2013, 05:12 PM
And then what? What can you do face to face that you can't do here? Aside from lame martial challenges, that is. So if I step to you and say the things I have said to you here, WTF you gonna do? Hurt me?

(add your standard weak response here:rolleyes:)

say, you're not the guy that got Curtis all worked up are you? lol

Syn7
03-12-2013, 07:42 PM
say, you're not the guy that got Curtis all worked up are you? lol

I have no idea who Curtis is. Sorry.(edit, oh the article, right. why use his first name? Is your fav boxer Jack?) But I will say that anyone who can even get worked up via web board is pretty weak in the head. I may make aggressive or passive posts, but they are never me actually mad or annoyed beyond the whole eye role stage.

Anyone who engages in violence, especially going long distance to do so, over in argument online is a class A retard. Straight up. It's weaksauce.

GeneChing
03-13-2013, 09:26 AM
But I will say that anyone who can even get worked up via web board is pretty weak in the head. That's why I like the article so much. It seems like a lot of trouble to go to. Not that I think Curtis is weak in the head...no....wait, who's that knocking at my door? :eek:

<...covertly grabs keibo (http://www.martialartsmart.com/19-05.html) from under desk...>

SPJ
03-13-2013, 09:34 AM
1. Defend your tweets.

The poster deleted her tweets except retweets.

2. Open your door vs delete your tweets.

She took the last move.

3. Tweet news and share.

Never comment on other people.

You waste your time.

---

:rolleyes:

David Jamieson
03-14-2013, 05:18 AM
I have no idea who Curtis is. Sorry.(edit, oh the article, right. why use his first name? Is your fav boxer Jack?) But I will say that anyone who can even get worked up via web board is pretty weak in the head. I may make aggressive or passive posts, but they are never me actually mad or annoyed beyond the whole eye role stage.

Anyone who engages in violence, especially going long distance to do so, over in argument online is a class A retard. Straight up. It's weaksauce.

Crikey you're an incessant nit picker. Read the article and follow along. lol
You get worked up on a web board for pete's sake. Are you discounting the power of interactions and words? Don't be silly man, if you engage, you invest and when you invest you have concern.

If you didn't care, then you wouldn't be here, so that is a load by mere 2 step deconstruction.

You make passive aggressive posts, like this one ALL the time. Don't try and BS us, if this is what you are, then that's what we deal with. I am what I am, deal with it.

Dale Dugas
03-14-2013, 05:36 AM
If you would not say to someones face due to being called on it right then and there why is saying it on the net any different.

Slandering and libeling people is slandering and libeling people.

You reap what you sow, so be careful as those you are attacking might come a knocking.

sounds like reality is starting to creep into all these mouthboxers lives, and they are p ooping in their pants.

Scott R. Brown
03-14-2013, 05:48 AM
I know where I live and I'm coming for me, NOW!!!!!!:mad::mad:

I'll let you fellows know how I did when I get out of the hospital!:eek:

MightyB
03-14-2013, 05:51 AM
I know where I live and I'm coming for me, NOW!!!!!!:mad::mad:

I'll let you fellows know how I did when I get out of the hospital!:eek:

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/fight-club-tumblr-5.gif

Scott R. Brown
03-14-2013, 06:26 AM
http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/fight-club-tumblr-5.gif

I'm winning!!

Scott R. Brown
03-14-2013, 06:54 AM
so am i!!!

I wouldn't get too confident; if I go down, I'm taking you with me!!:p

Syn7
03-14-2013, 12:40 PM
Crikey you're an incessant nit picker. Read the article and follow along. lol
You get worked up on a web board for pete's sake. Are you discounting the power of interactions and words? Don't be silly man, if you engage, you invest and when you invest you have concern.

If you didn't care, then you wouldn't be here, so that is a load by mere 2 step deconstruction.

You make passive aggressive posts, like this one ALL the time. Don't try and BS us, if this is what you are, then that's what we deal with. I am what I am, deal with it.

Of course I want to be here. Kind of obvious, no? Doesn't mean I'm gonna get all emotional about it. But thanx for the analysis.

Syn7
03-14-2013, 12:55 PM
If you would not say to someones face due to being called on it right then and there why is saying it on the net any different.

Slandering and libeling people is slandering and libeling people.

You reap what you sow, so be careful as those you are attacking might come a knocking.

sounds like reality is starting to creep into all these mouthboxers lives, and they are p ooping in their pants.

Quit frontin, you aren't gonna do **** and we all know it.

If somebody has slandered you and you actually have a case, you should pursue that. Or you could just insinuate that they should come see you because they will be too afraid to speak their mind due to your incredible presence and amazing martial ability. But imo that is one step short of a physical threat. Weak. It's such a little dick mentality to reduce everything to "yeah, well say that to my face!"

The closest I have ever come to anything like that is toying with people who say they are gonna come get me. I think ED said he was gonna fly over and get me once. And yeah, I found it somewhat entertaining. But if you think I took it seriously, you're nuts.

David Jamieson
03-14-2013, 12:57 PM
Quit frontin, you aren't gonna do **** and we all know it.

If somebody has slandered you and you actually have a case, you should pursue that. Or you could just insinuate that they should come see you because they will be too afraid to speak their mind due to your incredible presence and amazing martial ability. But imo that is one step short of a physical threat. Weak. It's such a little dick mentality to reduce everything to "yeah, well say that to my face!"

The closest I have ever come to anything like that is toying with people who say they are gonna come get me. I think ED said he was gonna fly over and get me once. And yeah, I found it somewhat entertaining. But if you think I took it seriously, you're nuts.

^ This is trolling. :p

Anyway, Slander is spoken. If someone writes it, it's Libel. :D

Syn7
03-14-2013, 01:04 PM
^ This is trolling. :p

Anyway, Slander is spoken. If someone writes it, it's Libel. :D

Either way, he has no case and we all know it. They are just empty words.

Dude you can call me a troll all day. No sleep lost. Like I said, I know why I'm here and I'm ok with it. It's not like I follow the guy around just to hound him though. I randomly come across dumb **** he says and I respond. He just happens to say the same thing over and over.

David Jamieson
03-14-2013, 01:29 PM
Either way, he has no case and we all know it. They are just empty words.

Dude you can call me a troll all day. No sleep lost. Like I said, I know why I'm here and I'm ok with it. It's not like I follow the guy around just to hound him though. I randomly come across dumb **** he says and I respond. He just happens to say the same thing over and over.

You brought it up and taunted him again. By definition, that's trolling. Again, if you don't care, leave it alone. If you don't want to hear, don't sound a bell and wait for a response. That's trolling.

Know thyself! Continual excuses for your behaviour but admonishments for someone elses?
really? :p

Syn7
03-14-2013, 01:42 PM
Oh I didn't say I didn't care. I care enough about the answers to my questions to ask them in the first place, obviously. I'm just not gonna get all upset over it.

If you don't want people to address your words, don't post them.

Again, call me a troll all you want.

So again, I ask... What is anyone gonna do about it other than talk it out?
All that "say it to my face" crap are veiled threats and you know it!

I'm not trying to excuse myself, I'm totally fine with mine.

Lucas
03-14-2013, 01:45 PM
I troll regularly. But I'm a constructive troll. I mainly troll trolls, which is fun. I freely admit it and am happy with my trolling accomplishments. The best is when you can team up with one or a few fellow trolls, and really troll another troll hard until they go away.

David Jamieson
03-14-2013, 01:46 PM
I troll regularly. But I'm a constructive troll. I mainly troll trolls, which is fun. I freely admit it and am happy with my trolling accomplishments. The best is when you can team up with one or a few fellow trolls, and really troll another troll hard until they go away.

pfft. pics or it didn't happen.

MightyB
03-14-2013, 01:46 PM

you said Troll... a lot.

GeneChing
03-14-2013, 01:47 PM
For some, there is a lot more they might say to your face because face-to-face adds context. You can see the expression, whether it's a :mad: or a ;). You can hear the tone. I can sass you face-to-face and you know it's just smack talk, not to be taken seriously. It's completely different.

Most people are terrible writers. Take it from me. Due to my job, I read more terrible writing than any of you. In the past, anything published would have to undergo editorial review. Now, with things like our dear forum here, terrible writing can be shared instantly, for everyone's misinterpretation.

I honestly think that if you got most of us together over a few drinks, we'd fast become martial brothers. In my experience, most all of the forum members that I've met face-to-face have been interesting and engaged, and usually have a decent sense of humor. They might be terrible writers, or specifically terrible posters, but they are often okay in person.

Syn7
03-14-2013, 01:50 PM
I can't speak for others, but I'm just as argumentative in person :P

I can get along just fine with anyone who can handle that. I guess I have thick skin.

MightyB
03-14-2013, 01:52 PM
I hate you all vehemently!!!

Lucas
03-14-2013, 04:34 PM
I love you guys.