PDA

View Full Version : is manttis real?

karate-kat
11-21-2001, 08:01 PM
do any of you mantis guys realy think mantis gong fu would be effective against a real fighter like billy blanks?

Scarletmantis
11-21-2001, 10:01 PM
Combat Tae Bo!?!? Bwaahahaha! Where do we get these guys? ;)

"Master, here is a stick. Please beat me for my insolence." - KC Elbows

mantis108
11-21-2001, 10:43 PM
Well...I will have to say if Mr. Blank has a secret version of his Tai Bo, which is different from what he teaches in public and in his video, then we Mantis Kung Fu folk might have a problem... Wait don't we all have hidden secret techniques which are very deadly as well? Now I am confused. What's the secret behind this hybird Cardio-Kickboxing and Cardio-Karate? :confused:

Think think think that's all I do... :rolleyes:

Oh, I give up! You win.

Mantis108

Contraria Sunt Complementa

NorthernMantis
11-21-2001, 11:13 PM
I think it's effective enough to beat karate-kat

"Always be ready"

"right, that's it!you've insulted me, and you've insulted the shaolin temple!"-Fish of Furry

karate-kat
11-22-2001, 06:20 AM
biily is bad, just watch his movies. just one hit to hte groin, and keow, you're down baby. that is is how he teaches on his "closed door" tapes.

EARTH DRAGON
11-22-2001, 06:47 AM
I am a personal freind of billy blanks, he was born in erie PA and then moved to buffalo NY where he trained with me at the golden dragon society in hung gar kung fu ting fong wong lineage from canton, but after reciveing his black sash he moved to sherman oks CA to train celeberties on self defense, after realizing that hi impact areobics was the craze at the time he invented tae bo and made lots of 4 doing it. So aside from the fact that he is ranked as a black sash I am sure it would depend on the fighter not the stlye

http://www.kungfuUSA.net

NorthernMantis
11-22-2001, 07:00 PM
I thought Billy Blanks studied tae kwon do or something?

"Always be ready"

"right, that's it!you've insulted me, and you've insulted the shaolin temple!"-Fish of Furry

SolarStance
11-22-2001, 07:22 PM
One of my Si Hings studied TKD under him years ago...awesome kicker!

)))SolarStance(((

Ginger Fist
11-22-2001, 08:40 PM
do any of you mantis guys realy think mantis gong fu would be effective against a real fighter like billy blanks?

of course not. my northern brothers take the same stance as we southern pm people -- the power of tae bo can't be denied. none of us can fight, we just like the club atmosphere & awesomely groovacious uniforms. besides, have u ever seen the babes in billy's videos? none of us would be fighting, 2 busy f)ucking bimbos with buns of steel, -- or is that another real fighters program?

yin lion
11-22-2001, 11:30 PM
first off Ginger you say someone who trains in your style "insert style here" for one day could beat a mantis player (for example)"insert style here" of ten or even 5+ years? If so your insane. If no then style is not important and the person's expirence is the main facton. End of story. Anyone else can do better in less words step up I'd like to here it.

Now he didn't say one day or 5 years but he says "this style would kill this one" so I used a time frame to make his thoery blow goat nutz.

by the way that's my cats name "ginger"

you must unlearn what you have learned then and only then will you be wise and have knolage

Ginger Fist
11-23-2001, 12:44 AM
--first off Ginger you say someone who trains in your style "insert style here" for one day could beat a mantis player (for example)"insert style here" of ten or even 5+ years?

never said any such thing, it was all a goof in response to a goofy ? 1st, pull ur head out of ur a*ss, then read my post again :D the improved light might help u understand ;)

--If so your insane.

y thank u doctor, and just ? school did u earn ur degree from? :p

--If no then style is not important and the person's expirence is the main facton. End of story.

bummer, i was hoping u would continue with the story as u tell it so well :p

--Anyone else can do better in less words step up I'd like to here it.

wowser, totally confusing yet the story is over, guess we'll never learn the outcome :eek:

--Now he didn't say one day or 5 years but he says "this style would kill this one" so I used a time frame to make his thoery blow goat nutz.

and nicely done i might add, .. i mean the part about u blowing goat nuts :D do ur parents know about ur penchant for beastiality? ;)

--by the way that's my cats name "ginger"

kewl beans booger boy, every morning i take a healthy yin and then wipe my lion :p

SaMantis
11-23-2001, 01:20 AM
Sounds like the cats are in the kitchen again ... ;)

Ginger Fist, you're all right ... representin' northern mantis! :) Make sure you use lots of emoticons for people who don't recognize sarcasm.

>> Example: I want to have Billy Blanks' love child!! :D :D :D

yin lion, it's OK, chill, peace, it's all good ... [INSERT EMOTICON HERE, CALM LION MAN DOWN] :)

GF, I love this quote:

>> "the power of tae bo can't be denied."

Can I use it in my signature?

:cool:

SamR

Umm ... yeahhhhhh ... that's grrrreat ... -- Lumbergh

Ginger Fist
11-23-2001, 03:26 AM
Sounds like the cats are in the kitchen again ...

--meowwwwwhat?

Ginger Fist, you're all right ...

--****!!! there goes another perfectly good rep down the shi*tter :mad:

... representin' northern mantis!

--actually i represent only myself (terrible handicap, but f*uck it) & i'm of the southern pm family. used to train against - with 1 of choi's people yrs ago. u guys r awright with me.

Make sure you use lots of emoticons for people who don't recognize sarcasm.

--more selection, mr. mod man, we need more emoticon selection!!! hows ‘bout a butt with flames shooting out 4 starters? should read "blow it out ur as*s, dude."

Example: I want to have Billy Blanks' love child!!

--judging from the parade of floppin - boppin bimbos surrounding the man in his vids ... have 2 take a # & stand in line no doubt. :D

yin lion, it's OK, chill, peace, it's all good ... [INSERT EMOTICON HERE, CALM LION MAN DOWN]

--ok, if u insist, … mr. mod man, 'bout that flame shooting butt ... ;)

GF, I love this quote:
"the power of tae bo can't be denied."

--it came 2 me, ... in ... a ... dream. Got 2 luv theta brain wave entrainment. :)

Can I use it in my signature?

--4 sure, i've got a whole cd collection of brain wave entrainment, billy bo won't b the last brain **** i expel. :D

karate-kat
11-23-2001, 05:22 AM
no, no, and no. i do not like this joking. billy is bad. as a rule billys are, examples: billy jack; hill billies. e. dragon i am glad you know master blanks. did he ever kick your butt. p.s. ilike your tatt. it is pretty. i have never heard of the insert style.

Ginger Fist
11-23-2001, 11:50 AM
no, no, and no. i do not like this joking. billy is bad. as a rule billys are, examples: billy jack; hill billies.

--billy b bullsh*it was missing from ur list, there, i added it 4 u ;)

dragon i am glad you know master blanks. did he ever kick your butt.

--master blanks, BBBbbbWWWwwwAAAaaa. sad 2 learn the guy consistently shoots blanks, so much 4 tae bo - the next generation :D

p.s. ilike your tatt. it is pretty.

--save up ur allowance and maybe ur mommy will let u get 1 of ur very own :)

i have never heard of the insert style.

--??? coming from some1 who's managed 2 insert their head up their as*s i find it difficult 2 believe u aren't a master of the insert style :D i know, u r just keeping secrets :p

EARTH DRAGON
11-23-2001, 07:37 PM
He may have studied tae kwon do also I am not sure but it wouldnt surpise me, he did have nice kicks back in the day. I am only speaking of the time that I acually trained at the same school with him but he was much older than me at the time and I didnt stay at that school for long so he might have recived his blackbelt in another stlye as well.

karate kat it seems as you have a thing for him, so I hate to dissapoint you but we never sparred he was a lot older than me at the time, this was in the early 80's and I was only a teenager so we were in different class times and ranks.

sultanpro
11-26-2001, 09:23 PM
Why reply to this troll in the first place, the first post should have been...........
........Fu(k off!~!!!!!!!!

Skard 1

Its not what goes in a man that defile's him, its what comes out.

SantaClaus
11-26-2001, 09:44 PM
May red assed baboons rape you in your sleep.

EARTH DRAGON
11-27-2001, 01:13 AM
I dont think his post was a troll post , maybe he has a legitament reason to ask such a question? I realize that billy blanks may not be the authority on fighting but karate kat simply asked a question and deserves an answer and others opinons. I once answered a question about bruce lee to a young wing chun guy who thought that bruce invented that style,and he was not trolling at all just confused. So I will try to do my best to help other people in their understanding of martial arts, however foolish they may seem.

sultanpro
11-27-2001, 07:16 AM
no, no, and no. i do not like this joking. billy is bad. as a rule billys are, examples: billy jack; hill billies. e. dragon i am glad you know master blanks. did he ever kick your butt. p.s. ilike your tatt. it is pretty. i have never heard of the insertstyle.

Should i say more????

EARTH DRAGON
11-27-2001, 07:10 PM
I understand your point, I sometimes have to much patients and try to figure out the real reason or thinking of the thread maker. I once had some pretty heavy disscussions with a very negitive person on this board who was a b*st*rd to say the least, he ridaculed me and others to no end about how bad he was and how everyone else sucked. after contacting him through email he admitted to me that he was in a wheelchair due to a car accident and could never train again so thats why he came across so bitter, but after talking to him he was actually a nice guy just needed to be told that. I will give people the benifiet of the doubt you never know who the person is on the end of a keyboard! If his so called trolling continues then we should ignore him. But kids on hear think bruce lee was the greatest matial artists of all time they are actually sincere not just trolls.

sultanpro
11-27-2001, 10:25 PM
ED- I see your point, some people are just new to the whole kung-fu MA thing and that i understand,
as i am new to the mantis system, so even i post question's that others might find trollish
maybe??
But the "can mantis beat Billy Blanks" thing
sound's like a troll post to me .......

So that's the way i took it, just my 2 cents one dine and a nickel.

Skard 1

karate-kat
11-27-2001, 10:57 PM
but i am not new to praying mantis, nor am i in a wheelchair. a troll.... nah.

sultanpro
11-27-2001, 11:16 PM
Nice Profile........... troll boy.

EARTH DRAGON
11-27-2001, 11:28 PM
you could be correct, I just read his profile and it sounds as though his intentions are not seroius or valid. my bad call, I am a sucker for giving help to people. Since I have opened my own school and been teaching people I tend to offer help when not needed or to those who dont desrve it. I even get yelled at by voiceing my opinon where it is not asked. but for the most part it makes me feel good to help willing people. And on this board you get a little of each. hats off to you.

NorthernMantis
11-28-2001, 12:14 AM
This troll just gave away who he is

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>nor am i in a wheelchair [/quote]

Wasn't Goktimus saying a while back in the southern forum that he was in a wheel chair?

"Always be ready"

sultanpro
11-28-2001, 12:46 AM
ED-Don't sweat it, it's good that we got guy's like you to answer questions and im sure meny here on the fourm, including myself, find lots of your post's very helpfull.

This troll just slipped through when nobody was looking, thats all.

Skard 1

EARTH DRAGON
11-28-2001, 06:23 AM
Thank you skarbro mantis.