PDA

View Full Version : Wait, What did I miss? taai gihk yahn's banned topic

RD'S Alias - 1A
03-21-2013, 10:28 AM
So, I have been MIA for some time. I come back to catch the tail end of some sort of banned topic...and I am dying to know what it is.

Does it have sometime to do with the fact that I am not allowed to say the word "Emperor"? :p :D

***RD runs like hell before Gene can get him!!******

David Jamieson
03-21-2013, 11:02 AM
No Topics have been banned.
All recent deletions of threads are self deletions. Or rather they were deleted by the original posters by their own volition and not by any order to do so.

RD'S Alias - 1A
03-21-2013, 11:05 AM
See my Facebook IM

GeneChing
03-21-2013, 11:12 AM
You can't delete a locked thread. I wasn't going to delete it as it stood as a nice warning, but I'll honor tgy's wishes as we're all moving on.

This was a rough week. Started out with a challenge (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65573) but like all things, it came to an end (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65594).

bawang
03-21-2013, 02:39 PM
the secret of wombat combat shall not pass my lips.

Kellen Bassette
03-21-2013, 02:41 PM
the secret of wombat combat shall not pass my lips.

Your style will stagnate and die because of your closed door policy.

bawang
03-21-2013, 02:44 PM
Your style will stagnate and die because of your closed door policy.

look at the devestation it has caused.

it has cost me my second father, david ross. now he is in exile, like the dali lama.

GeneChing
03-21-2013, 02:54 PM
Exile means to be away from one's home, while either being explicitly refused permission to return and/or being threatened with imprisonment or death upon return. First off, this is not his home. Secondly, he was not refused permission or threatened with imprisonment or death upon return. He retreated on his own accord. Sometimes retreating is the best strategy. I'm disappointed that this kerfuffle resulted so, but so be it.

bawang
03-21-2013, 02:58 PM
Exile means to be away from one's home, while either being explicitly refused permission to return and/or being threatened with imprisonment or death upon return. First off, this is not his home. Secondly, he was not refused permission or threatened with imprisonment or death upon return. He retreated on his own accord. Sometimes retreating is the best strategy. I'm disappointed that this kerfuffle resulted so, but so be it.

i wish he talked more about running his school and teaching strategy to inspire others, since we got lots of instructors on this forum. i think he didnt want to reveal the success to his business.

if youre not gonna show people how to change or improve kung fu, its useless to critize others for not changing.

Kellen Bassette
03-21-2013, 03:06 PM
if youre not gonna show people how to change or improve kung fu, its useless to critize others for not changing.

So as his adopted son, it's up to you to carry the torch. Show us the way. Let the criticizing begin. :D

GeneChing
03-21-2013, 03:09 PM
Let the criticizing begin. That began with his first post. Where have you been, Kellen? ;)

bawang
03-21-2013, 03:10 PM
i really just post here to have fun, and annoy aging hippies. theres 1.3 billion chinese, kung fu doesnt need saving.

SPJ
03-21-2013, 03:39 PM
See my Facebook IM

just read that

facebook post replies will be threaded like a thread.

lots of threading and threads.

Great.

:)

PalmStriker
03-21-2013, 07:26 PM
Thread carefully. :D