PDA

View Full Version : Regarding our recent kerfuffle

GeneChing
03-21-2013, 10:46 AM
Our forum receives legal complaints every few months. It's fairly common for a forum of this magnitude, as I'm sure you can imagine. Most of the complaints are simply that - complaints, but with a lawyer behind them - and none have gone to the point of lawsuit. Nor do I expect any ever will. Part of my job is to make sure that doesn't happen. A 'cease and desist' is just the first step towards a lawsuit and an agreement can always be reached before the situation becomes dire.

With this recent complaint, we agreed that the affair remain confidential. I will stand by that confidentiality. I can reveal that there were a few posts deleted off some very old posts in some very old threads. No one was banned. lkfmdc and taai gihk yahn and perhaps a few others, deleted some of the threads that they had started, which is an option for any thread that you start that hasn't been locked. This was their decision. There were no requests of them to do so.

I have had a few members express fear about posting now. They feel they cannot express themselves freely for fear of lawsuit. There is an intrinsic problem with that line of thinking which really lies with the member and what they post. Nothing has changed legally. You are as legally responsible for anything you post here, just as you are anywhere on the web. Know that as long as you are willing to delete something that has generated a complaint, it is unlikely that you will ever be sued.

Besides, like this situation, and all the other situations that have preceded it and will follow, they'll come after me first.

David Jamieson
03-21-2013, 11:03 AM
Well, knickers were twisted and panties were bunched, but let the rollercoaster ride continue? Is that the way? :p

GeneChing
03-21-2013, 11:07 AM
Every once in a while, a mighty wind shakes the tree, and who knows what might fall out?

Syn7
03-21-2013, 11:53 AM
So, when we post up is that technically publishing? Because the rules are different for publishing comments and comments made in person. To me, I always consider this a conversation like a town hall, not like an article. Just how accountable are you for what you say? If I write "my opinion is that" before everything I say, does that make a difference? I know it does when talking in person. You can have any opinion you want, really. Where is that line? Just curious. Seems like the right time to ask.

PalmStriker
03-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Every once in a while, a mighty wind shakes the tree, and who knows what might fall out? :D Trolls.

MasterKiller
03-21-2013, 12:37 PM
Everyone here but me has sucky kung fu and probably likes little boys.

In my opinion.

Syn7
03-21-2013, 12:49 PM
:D Trolls.

In your opinion, of course.

MasterKiller
03-21-2013, 01:05 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdwdshKXQp1rlerpuo1_500.gif

Lucas
03-21-2013, 01:52 PM
Don't listen to Brule, I did nothing.

bawang
03-21-2013, 02:00 PM
this is just a cold reminder that american martial art is a business.

GeneChing
03-21-2013, 02:02 PM
So, when we post up is that technically publishing? The law is still somewhat ambiguous on what happens on the web. Especially with the rapidity of content production and advancements in technology with social media, well, it takes time to make a law and the laws aren't quite keeping up. Forums like this one are somewhat passe in the light of facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pheed. Those are even harder to control legally as they aren't as easily searchable, and are much noisier platforms.

There are some laws in place in some states to prevent cyberbullying, and some of what happens here might fall under that, depending what legal lens might focus on it. As for slander and libel, which is most frequently tossed about here as an accusation, there is always the potential for such. However, unlike print, the web is flexible. Offending content can simply be deleted and that's the end of the story.

bawang
03-21-2013, 02:22 PM
thank you mighty david ross, for your ultimate sacrifice.

since this forum is dead now i guess ill go read a book or something.

IronWeasel
03-21-2013, 02:26 PM
As TGY pointed out:

Some posters might inadvertantly make similar remarks or topics.

Since no one knows what the offense was...we won't know not to do it again.:confused:

...or something like that.

GeneChing
03-21-2013, 02:36 PM
Ok, ok, I know. For most of you, that's pretty hard. :p

I'm sure the confidentiality clause is surely frustrating to you all - it is for me too - but the truth of the matter is that it's all absurdly trivial. Such is legalese.

If any of you were to transgress into forbidden territory (and it's very unlikely that you will, at least with this particular issue), it will be treated just like before. There would be a warning, perhaps a deletion, perhaps an eventual banning. Have no fear. It has always been so. I am sorry that you all were exposed to some of the behind-the-scenes chaos that goes on while running this here forum, but that too, has always been so.

To quote the Brits "Keep calm and carry on".

bawang
03-21-2013, 02:38 PM
i like kung fu. kung fu very nice. it is very interesting and cool.

does anyone like to train bo staffs

IronWeasel
03-21-2013, 02:40 PM
i challenge

bawang is kil

bawang
03-21-2013, 02:44 PM
i think obama did this. he likes to ruin everything.

GeneChing
03-21-2013, 03:10 PM
i think obama did this. he likes to ruin everything. That's the funniest post I've read all week. :D

bawang
03-21-2013, 03:15 PM
i think i undesrtand why ross and taighik are so passionate. they actually dedicated their lives to this. theres no turning back. especially when kung fu is so obscure now in america. guys your age oversaw the rise and wane of a subculture.
for ross, watching something you helped create die is painful.

other than the occasional niche business like kung fu magazine, kung fu is not really a good way to make money. the gold rush is over. the healthy path of the future is a wulin without money.

the core of kung fu is hypermasculine pagan spiritualism infused morality. this is never going to become popular.
the moment you accept having only 2 or 3 students, or just 1, you will feel better. the day of 100 man conveyor belt dojos are over.

Syn7
03-21-2013, 03:23 PM

I'm sure the confidentiality clause is surely frustrating to you all - it is for me too - but the truth of the matter is that it's all absurdly trivial. Such is legalese.

If any of you were to transgress into forbidden territory (and it's very unlikely that you will, at least with this particular issue), it will be treated just like before. There would be a warning, perhaps a deletion, perhaps an eventual banning. Have no fear. It has always been so. I am sorry that you all were exposed to some of the behind-the-scenes chaos that goes on while running this here forum, but that too, has always been so.

I appreciate your position and will do my best. :)

Oh and I randomly clicked your banners. Just doing my part :p

Kellen Bassette
03-21-2013, 03:27 PM
the moment you accept having only 2 or 3 students, or just 1, you will feel better. the day of 100 man conveyor belt dojos are over.

The day this is accepted, Kung Fu can become alive again.

PalmStriker
03-21-2013, 08:16 PM
i like kung fu. kung fu very nice. it is very interesting and cool.

does anyone like to train bo staffs
You put the ass in assassin.

bawang
03-21-2013, 08:33 PM
does anyone know how to defend the grabbling?

I Hate Ashida Kim
03-21-2013, 08:35 PM
Did the lawyers mention that the onus of proof is on the person making the claim and that beating someone up doesn't make them wrong?

I Hate Ashida Kim
03-21-2013, 08:40 PM
In all seriousness though I missed the excitement. All the threads I thought might be responsible were still there when I checked.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-w4pps3zPr5g/Tg1c7EVaDwI/AAAAAAAAAQg/KoXAaI2nc98/s1600/Success-Kid-INTERNET-SERIOUS-BUSINESS-300x300.jpg

rett
03-22-2013, 12:53 AM
So, when we post up is that technically publishing? Because the rules are different for publishing comments and comments made in person. To me, I always consider this a conversation like a town hall, not like an article. Just how accountable are you for what you say? If I write "my opinion is that" before everything I say, does that make a difference? I know it does when talking in person. You can have any opinion you want, really. Where is that line? Just curious. Seems like the right time to ask.

In Europe it definitely is equated with publishing. And, believe it or not, anyone posting here could theoretically be sued in Britain according to Britain’s much harsher libel laws over something posted here. And as I understand it, Britain has the necessary treaties with the US to collect damages there.

There has been a certain amount of "libel tourism" in Britain where both plaintiff and defendent aren't British and the comment was published outside Britain as well.

It's not a hugely likely scenario here, but it's worth thinking about. The internet has been something of an unregulated Wild West, but that frontier is closing.

rett
03-22-2013, 01:02 AM
i think i undesrtand why ross and taighik are so passionate. they actually dedicated their lives to this. theres no turning back. especially when kung fu is so obscure now in america. guys your age oversaw the rise and wane of a subculture.

other than the occasional niche business like kung fu magazine, kung fu is not really a good way to make money. the gold rush is over. the healthy path of the future is a wulin without money.

the core of kung fu is hypermasculine pagan spiritualism infused morality. this is never going to become popular.

Now that you say it, that makes sense. I've always been a bit bemused by the whole "McDojo" thing and even legit commercial schools that proliferate in the US.

It's not anywhere near being like that on this side of the pond. Sure there are commercial gyms, but only for whatever is most trendy at the moment. Muay Thai, MMA or whatever. Most TMA training is done through clubs using community centres or renting the gym at a school a couple of days a week. And most TMA teachers have day jobs and teach within the auspices of the athletics movement or adult/youth education. Of course there are exceptions, but that's the general trend.

bawang
03-22-2013, 01:14 AM
Now that you say it, that makes sense. I've always been a bit bemused by the whole "McDojo" thing and even legit commercial schools that proliferate in the US.

It's not anywhere near being like that on this side of the pond. Sure there are commercial gyms, but only for whatever is most trendy at the moment. Muay Thai, MMA or whatever. Most TMA training is done through clubs using community centres or renting the gym at a school a couple of days a week. And most TMA teachers have day jobs and teach within the auspices of the athletics movement or adult/youth education. Of course there are exceptions, but that's the general trend.

thats not a bad thing. when theres less students, its more about the student and less about the teacher.

when you dont teach for money theres also less exploitation, and theres real discipleship.

Scott R. Brown
03-22-2013, 01:16 AM

It is mostly fear of the unknown. Since no one knows what happened or why it is difficult to know what may be considered transgression in the future.

It helps that you made this post, as it reassures everyone that it is status quo. Meaning a progression of actions leading to resolution.

On the other hand, as a staunch supporter of people being responsible for their own feelings, it is too bad that the occasional pu$$y has so much power in today's world.

In olden days it would be settled in a duel and Darwinism would take care of the whiners!

Orion Paximus
03-22-2013, 05:44 AM

I'd trained with enough Kung Fu teachers over the years to know that when I started my own school, I had to have a real job to finance my new money losing endeavor.

David Jamieson
03-22-2013, 06:15 AM
I think there are plenty of thriving schools out there. heck, I even know a few guys who own them.

I think that for anyone to think they are the vanguard of real kung fu is foolish. Kung Fu is bigger than any person, Even the Shaolin Temple itself doesn't have it all.

No school has it all under one roof.

It is what it is and ever it shall be. It was present for more than thousand years before our dads even met our mom's. Mostly it is within the person. If a person looks outside themselves all the time, the likelihood of finding personal truth is low.

If you've had your lessons, you best get to learning them by doing.
If you get so distracted by what others do, you fail.
If you invest your time into complaining about the ocean, you fail to steer your ship properly.

For me, in my view, it is not a terrible problem. It is a constant state of flux that isn't hard to accept. :)

GeneChing
03-22-2013, 10:41 AM
In Europe it definitely is equated with publishing. And, believe it or not, anyone posting here could theoretically be sued in Britain according to Britain’s much harsher libel laws over something posted here. And as I understand it, Britain has the necessary treaties with the US to collect damages there.
Interesting. We haven't had any international issues so far. We've received some complaints from China, but they were private individuals complaining and never got to any legal action.

On the other hand, as a staunch supporter of people being responsible for their own feelings, it is too bad that the occasional pu$$y has so much power in today's world. I agree that it was a considerable bother for me personally, as it sucked away attention for the last few days, and I was scheduled much tighter than I thought this week, but I also think that the avenue of complaint must be available. Just as people have the right to free speech, complaining is a major part of that. At the same time, membership here is a privilege, not a right, and we retain the right to delete anything posted here at any time without warning.

The take-home message about this is that this sort of thing is happening constantly behind-the-scenes. Most are minor. Some, like this one, get more threatening. But so far, all have been resolved amicably. So please take that into account when posting. Observe good wude. Try not to be too offensive.

Drake
03-22-2013, 11:25 AM
try not to be too offensive.

shut up gene. Just shut your friggin' mouf!

Flusher
03-22-2013, 03:55 PM
Gene, I have a question regarding confidentiality in general on this forum. Not related to the specific incidents you reference in this thread.

Is it policy and practice to divulge IP addresses and identities of posters to others without legal intervention?

Lucas
03-22-2013, 04:02 PM
its easier to just hack everyone and get all their info on your own.

IronFist
03-22-2013, 04:57 PM
90% of the posters on this forum are just Gene, anyway.

Including this one.

Gene has a lot of conversations with himself.

No I don't!

Yes you do!

No you don't!

Lucas
03-22-2013, 05:04 PM
I googled kerfuffle and all I got were images of transgender mma fighters.

pazman
03-22-2013, 05:13 PM
I googled kerfuffle and all I got were images of transgender mma fighters.

Lucas, you got me all excited, but it turns out you were lying.:(

pazman
03-22-2013, 05:15 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-GMdxLTvIyBE/TxRgV9dzBzI/AAAAAAAAAUg/v0yQhpnsH_Y/s1600/lou_and_andy.jpg

Lucas
03-22-2013, 05:26 PM
Lucas, you got me all excited, but it turns out you were lying.:(

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lauqc0QVF41qa9yvvo1_400.gif

pazman
03-22-2013, 05:32 PM
http://gifs.gifbin.com/062010/1277378257_supporter-rage.gif

Lucas
03-22-2013, 05:38 PM
They say a picture speaks a thousand words...I would assume that a .gif is at least like 5-10 thousand if not more.

Syn7
03-22-2013, 06:52 PM
Sometimes 1000 words is much better than a picture though.

But nothing is better than gifs.

PalmStriker
03-22-2013, 07:38 PM

the moment you accept having only 2 or 3 students, or just 1, you will feel better. the day of 100 man conveyor belt dojos are over. I think you are right about this, best to just forget about the passion of pushing the arts and just relax with a plate of stir fry noodles and egg rolls. Kungfu isn't in need of pushing. It is History, not Bizztory. :D https://www.google.com/search?q=pictures+of+stir+fry+noodles+and+eggrolls&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=3lF&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=4BVNUY60KObE4AOF1IHIAQ&ved=0CDAQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=807

RD'S Alias - 1A
03-22-2013, 07:42 PM
What is the difference between a Kurfuffle, and a Kurfluffle?

Is it like the difference between Kempo, and Kenpo? :D

rett
03-23-2013, 03:43 AM
Gene, I have a question regarding confidentiality in general on this forum. Not related to the specific incidents you reference in this thread.

Is it policy and practice to divulge IP addresses and identities of posters to others without legal intervention?

Regardless of what Gene answers, I believe it safest and most ethically defensible to always post as if your real name, address, and telephone number were attached to the post. Even if your handle is anonymous. YMMV.

(an exception would be if we were rebels fighting an evil empire, but are we?)

Scott R. Brown
03-23-2013, 04:23 AM
Sometimes 1000 words is much better than a picture though.

But nothing is better than gifs.

Word!

What is the difference between a Kurfuffle, and a Kurfluffle?

Is it like the difference between Kempo, and Kenpo? :D

A Kerfluffle is what you get just before your BIG Scene!:eek:

Which usually has a Happy Ending!:o

(an exception would be if we were rebels fighting an evil empire, but are we?)

I AM!!

Flusher
03-23-2013, 11:16 AM
Regardless of what Gene answers, I believe it safest and most ethically defensible to always post as if your real name, address, and telephone number were attached to the post. Even if your handle is anonymous. YMMV.

Is that why you do it? ;)

Regardless, does the choice to remain anonymous nullify privacy rights, *without* legal intervention? I am talking a subpoena here, not just a letter or phone call from a lawyer.

Now, nobody's SSID is listed here, but it would be a crime to reveal any if they were. The implied privacy upon signing up here would bind identity to that, as well.

Scott R. Brown
03-23-2013, 02:22 PM
A person who is concerned their ssid might be revealed should instead be sure they aren't saying anything that would cause it to be known.

It is pretty pi$$ ant to think you can say whatever you want with zero consequences.

If you are afraid of consequences then moderate your behavior appropriately.

RD'S Alias - 1A
03-23-2013, 02:36 PM
Is that why you do it? ;)

Regardless, does the choice to remain anonymous nullify privacy rights, *without* legal intervention? I am talking a subpoena here, not just a letter or phone call from a lawyer.

Now, nobody's SSID is listed here, but it would be a crime to reveal any if they were. The implied privacy upon signing up here would bind identity to that, as well.

Many forum systems post the IP with each post. so I really don't think there is a law against it.

When I had my forum, I did that to keep the rif raf out. It worked for the most part, except for the resident, pre approved riff raf, anyway.

Flusher
03-23-2013, 02:39 PM
A person who is concerned their ssid might be revealed should instead be sure they aren't saying anything that would cause it to be known.

It is pretty pi$$ ant to think you can say whatever you want with zero consequences.

If you are afraid of consequences then moderate your behavior appropriately.

That *sounds* fair enough, sure. But it begs the question, are ALL misbehavers handled the same way?

Scott R. Brown
03-23-2013, 04:49 PM
That *sounds* fair enough, sure. But it begs the question, are ALL misbehavers handled the same way?

No. Gene has made it clear. They handle it in a very professional manner. It starts small with a pm and a request to watch your conduct and can involve deletion of inappropriate posts. If the person is non-responsive the actions can increase to temporary banning.

The mods are able to track ssid's for those who just try to change names and come back. It has occurred in the past, but not often to my knowledge.

It would take Gene or a mod to explain it in more detail. This is the best of my knowledge of it.

Flusher
03-23-2013, 05:22 PM
No. Gene has made it clear. They handle it in a very professional manner. It starts small with a pm and a request to watch your conduct and can involve deletion of inappropriate posts. If the person is non-responsive the actions can increase to temporary banning.

The mods are able to track ssid's for those who just try to change names and come back. It has occurred in the past, but not often to my knowledge.

It would take Gene or a mod to explain it in more detail. This is the best of my knowledge of it.

I am aware of at least one incident on this board where ssid/i.p. and "cross" accounts were revealed to another member without the owner of the cross accounts being warned, or even notified. There was no subpoena in the matter, either. Doesn't seem professional to me.

Scott R. Brown
03-23-2013, 06:01 PM
I am aware of at least one incident on this board where ssid/i.p. and "cross" accounts were revealed to another member without the owner of the cross accounts being warned, or even notified. There was no subpoena in the matter, either. Doesn't seem professional to me.

I guess the question then is, who told you, is their information accurate, why were they told, and was this performed within or outside the bounds of the authority of the person who gave up the information?

I am aware of mods mentioning, from time to time, that one pseudonym's post has come from the same address as another's, but I have never seen an address publicly posted.

Syn7
03-23-2013, 07:51 PM
If it matters so much to ya, just use a proxy server. Easy. Not foolproof, but mos def idiot proof.

David Jamieson
03-24-2013, 07:10 AM
If it matters so much to ya, just use a proxy server. Easy. Not foolproof, but mos def idiot proof.

Not exactly that secure these days. I mean, it's like shoplifting with a really big coat, people know who you are and they know your coat is all lumpy and bigger than when you walked into the store.

Your original underlying IP address is still l inked to your internal address and nowadays, IP v6 simply binds your mac address as well. So proxy services only save you from your mom discovering your porn stash. Your ISP knows when you used it and when you stopped using it. Correlation follows if there is suspicion.

Web 2.0 eliminates any actual privacy. You gotta go deeper for high level sneak skills on the net these days.

Scott R. Brown
03-24-2013, 08:07 AM
Geez....that's scary! I hope no one figures out who I really am!:eek:

wenshu
03-24-2013, 08:54 AM
Your original underlying IP address is still l inked to your internal address and nowadays, IP v6 simply binds your mac address as well. So proxy services only save you from your mom discovering your porn stash. Your ISP knows when you used it and when you stopped using it.

You've got it backwards. Mom can still find your porn. All your isp sees is that you visited a proxy server. They don't know **** about where you went after that. If you use TOR it is an encrypted connection. I can't find the case, but I believe there was a recent failure to prosecute someone for distribution of illegal pron because they had used TOR.

While there are ways for others to snoop: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man-in-the-middle_attack, https://blog.torproject.org/blog/one-cell-enough it's nothing like what you describe in your projectile word soup vomit.

MAC Address resolution isn't new for IPv6. IPv6 just uses NDP vs. ARP for IPv4; it's part of the IP spec. Nonetheless, MAC Addresses can be spoofed just as easily as IP addresses.

Correlation follows if there is suspicion.

Another meaningless, impotent attempt at an aphorism for the Book of Jamiesonisms.

Web 2.0 eliminates any actual privacy. You gotta go deeper for high level sneak skills on the net these days.

Web 2.0? What is this 1999? Saying IPv6 is "Web 2.0" is like saying AJAX is Android.

bawang
03-24-2013, 10:34 AM

my name steve. steve johnson.

*rubs testicles

Syn7
03-24-2013, 11:51 AM
Not exactly that secure these days. I mean, it's like shoplifting with a really big coat, people know who you are and they know your coat is all lumpy and bigger than when you walked into the store.

Your original underlying IP address is still l inked to your internal address and nowadays, IP v6 simply binds your mac address as well. So proxy services only save you from your mom discovering your porn stash. Your ISP knows when you used it and when you stopped using it. Correlation follows if there is suspicion.

Like I said, not foolproof, but it will keep most at bay. Of course, if you are breaking the law, it's nowhere near enough. Never was really. It may help save you from prosecution, but they will still find out who and/or where you are.

There are a few good ways to stay anonymous. The easiest being starbucks and a clean laptop. But a proxy server should be enough to keep KFM from passing around your IP, which was the whole point of my statement. You wanna orchestrate cyber attacks on the pentagon, you need to be a lil smarter about it. But then KFM mods aren't the pentagon.

Scott R. Brown
03-24-2013, 12:28 PM
my name steve. steve johnson.

*rubs testicles

I thought it was Long Wang!

lkfmdc
03-24-2013, 01:36 PM
I thought it was Long Wang!

his real name is Long Duk Dong

Brule
03-25-2013, 06:07 AM
Don't listen to Brule, I did nothing.

You know you did it....

David Jamieson
03-25-2013, 06:21 AM
You've got it backwards. Mom can still find your porn. All your isp sees is that you visited a proxy server. They don't know **** about where you went after that. If you use TOR it is an encrypted connection. I can't find the case, but I believe there was a recent failure to prosecute someone for distribution of illegal pron because they had used TOR.

While there are ways for others to snoop: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man-in-the-middle_attack, https://blog.torproject.org/blog/one-cell-enough it's nothing like what you describe in your projectile word soup vomit.

MAC Address resolution isn't new for IPv6. IPv6 just uses NDP vs. ARP for IPv4; it's part of the IP spec. Nonetheless, MAC Addresses can be spoofed just as easily as IP addresses.

Another meaningless, impotent attempt at an aphorism for the Book of Jamiesonisms.

Web 2.0? What is this 1999? Saying IPv6 is "Web 2.0" is like saying AJAX is Android.

Not exactly dude. Your ISP sees you went to a proxy and they also see how much data if any went in or out from your system. hence the big coat analogy.
Tor offers another layer of security in regards to route tracing. It offers no protection from interception somewhere inside the P2P network you are hopping around on with it.

But you don't actually think you are safe and private on the internet do you? Because that is laughable.

I like how you need to take the personal shot at me as well then make inferences that are contextually unrelated to what I said, it really undermines your efforts to come across as intelligent. So much misplaced and stupid anger you carry about. Whatever. Do you work in the industry or do you just read wikipedia about it?

MasterKiller
03-25-2013, 06:30 AM
You wanna orchestrate cyber attacks on the pentagon, you need to be a lil smarter about it. But then KFM mods aren't the pentagon.

*forwards Syn7's IP to Pentagon...*

GeneChing
03-25-2013, 08:59 AM
Is it policy and practice to divulge IP addresses and identities of posters to others without legal intervention? It's not really our policy, but I could see many potential scenarios where we would divulge information willingly. This is a privately-run forum by a commercial enterprise. We never promised to protect your 'privacy.' If you are saying something here that might get you in trouble, we are more than happy to help the authorities pursue you. It's like that privacy issue on facebook - if you want to keep something private, don't post it on the web. Freedom of speech just means you are able to say what you like. That doesn't make you immune from the consequences of what you say.

Honestly, anyone worried about retribution here should just man-up and refresh their martial etiquette. There's a reason why martial etiquette has been in place for so long. A little locker-room trash talk is the norm, but we should all be cognizant of where to drawn the line. If you don't know...well, I was going to say 'if you don't know, don't say' but that would silence 90% of the forum here, wouldn't it? :rolleyes:

Scott R. Brown
03-25-2013, 09:06 AM
It's not really our policy, but I could see many potential scenarios where we would divulge information willingly. This is a privately-run forum by a commercial enterprise. We never promised to protect your 'privacy.' If you are saying something here that might get you in trouble, we are more than happy to help the authorities pursue you. It's like that privacy issue on facebook - if you want to keep something private, don't post it on the web. Freedom of speech just means you are able to say what you like. That doesn't make you immune from the consequences of what you say.

Honestly, anyone worried about retribution here should just man-up and refresh their martial etiquette. There's a reason why martial etiquette has been in place for so long. A little locker-room trash talk is the norm, but we should all be cognizant of where to drawn the line. If you don't know...well, I was going to say 'if you don't know, don't say' but that would silence 90% of the forum here, wouldn't it? :rolleyes:

Which is why I use YOUR real name instead of mine as my psuedonym!:D:p

lkfmdc
03-25-2013, 09:11 AM
Honestly, anyone worried about retribution here should just man-up and refresh their martial etiquette.

perhaps I DO need a refresher course, I thought you used your real name and was willing to show your face, not hide behind a screen or a letter .....

bawang
03-25-2013, 09:13 AM
im not scare retribution. i have no money.

ill counter sue for racism.

Scott R. Brown
03-25-2013, 09:20 AM
im not scare retribution. i have no money.

ill counter sue for racism.

I"ll counter counter sue for reverse racism!:p

bawang
03-25-2013, 09:21 AM
I"ll counter counter sue for reverse racism!:p

only white people can be racist. my feminist professor told me. she only do it in the poo poo chute with chocolate men.

Scott R. Brown
03-25-2013, 09:25 AM
only white people can be racist. my feminist professor told me. she only do it in the poo poo chute with chocolate men.

Of course anyone with a brain recognizes that attitude as the worst kind of racism!

She is a racist, sexist, sexual deviant!

I will sue her!

Flusher
03-25-2013, 09:39 AM
If you are saying something here that might get you in trouble, we are more than happy to help the authorities pursue you.

I specifically referenced cases in which there is no legal involvement. What then?

Kellen Bassette
03-25-2013, 09:43 AM
Got an axe to grind? :p

David Jamieson
03-25-2013, 09:45 AM
A couple of refresher points:

1. A privately owned forum is not a democracy.

2. There is no freedom of speech when said speech interferes with the preferential running of the forum.

Scott R. Brown
03-25-2013, 09:47 AM
Got an axe to grind? :p

I think he is a returnee under a new pseudonym!

But, shhhhhhh!

Keep it under your hat, it is supposed to be a secret!

I only found out myself because a mod gave me his ip on the down low!!!:cool:

Scott R. Brown
03-25-2013, 09:47 AM
A couple of refresher points:

1. A privately owned forum is not a democracy.

2. There is no freedom of speech when said speech interferes with the preferential running of the forum.

And I will defend to the death your right to say that!

bawang
03-25-2013, 09:49 AM
im chilese, i have special protection badge from gene.

Scott R. Brown
03-25-2013, 09:50 AM

Plus nearly 1/3 of the worlds population who has your back!

Kellen Bassette
03-25-2013, 09:51 AM

The Wheel of Life monks gave me an honorary decoder ring.

bawang
03-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Plus nearly 1/3 of the worlds population who has your back!

2/3. the chocolate peoples and the celestial kingdom are forever super best friend magic pal friendship.

nice. activate the SHAOLIN WITHIN

MasterKiller
03-25-2013, 09:54 AM

Did it say "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine"?

Kellen Bassette
03-25-2013, 10:13 AM
I have the element of fire. There are 4 other rings. With our powers combined we can summon General Yue Fei.

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4967203618030246&pid=15.1"]http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4967203618030246&pid=15.1

GeneChing
03-25-2013, 10:19 AM
perhaps I DO need a refresher course, I thought you used your real name and was willing to show your face, not hide behind a screen or a letter ..... That's funny if you consider nooBs don't know who you are here (but I'm sure they will soon enough). Which begs the question - Does martial etiquette allow for masquerades? I suppose it depends on which circles. Surely, that was the very nature of martial secret societies, like the notorious triads.

I specifically referenced cases in which there is no legal involvement. What then? Like I said:

It's not really our policy, but I could see many potential scenarios where we would divulge information willingly.
Would you like me to repeat it a third time? :rolleyes:

MasterKiller
03-25-2013, 10:46 AM
I think he is a returnee under a new pseudonym!

But, shhhhhhh!

Keep it under your hat, it is supposed to be a secret!

I only found out myself because a mod gave me his ip on the down low!!!:cool:

You forgot to say he's from San Diego. Ooops.

Flusher
03-25-2013, 11:07 AM
That's funny if you consider nooBs don't know who you are here (but I'm sure they will soon enough). Which begs the question - Does martial etiquette allow for masquerades? I suppose it depends on which circles. Surely, that was the very nature of martial secret societies, like the notorious triads. :

You've made it clear you get to pick and choose who's masquerades are acceptable or not. Are you implying this forum is a "secret martial society", subject to the etiquette of such?

GeneChing
03-25-2013, 11:10 AM
You've made it clear you get to pick and choose who's masquerades are acceptable or not. Are you implying this forum is a "secret martial society", subject to the etiquette of such?

I've had a longstanding fantasy of staging a ninja flash mob with this forum, but unfortunately, our membership isn't that motivated. :(

The forum has never required members to post under their real name. I have often said here that it is like a masquerade. In fact, if you search the word 'masquerade' you'll find some prior discussions of this here. If trouble arises, I do my best to resolve it amicably. If that requires revealing someone's identity - unmasking them - I have no compunction. These are the rules of the game. If you don't like it, don't play here. There's a whole wide world web for you to find somewhere else to play. :D

Jimbo
03-25-2013, 11:13 AM
Yeah, it would have to be pretty darn bad for Gene to have to do that.

So I no scare.

David Jamieson
03-25-2013, 11:14 AM

He is the fearless leader here with final word on ALL things related to what is in this forum.

As for etiquette, that's what mods are for. Some mods allow for most everything and anything, like MasterKiller there and then others are are highly intolerant of babble, hearsay, whining and irrelevant content posting like me.

And then there's others who mind their own business and keep their forums tidy.

We got one mod that has surely posted more boobies to the internet than a lot of people here have downloaded! He's a special feature. :)

Flusher
03-25-2013, 11:20 AM
I've had a longstanding fantasy of staging a ninja flash mob with this forum, but unfortunately, our membership isn't that motivated. :(

The forum has never required members to post under their real name. I have often said here that it is like a masquerade. In fact, if you search the word 'masquerade' you'll find some prior discussions of this here. If trouble arises, I do my best to resolve it amicably. If that requires revealing someone's identity - unmasking them - I have no compunction. These are the rules of the game. If you don't like it, don't play here. There's a whole wide world web for you to find somewhere else to play. :D

All, fair Gene. But why unmask an anon poster for unmasking another?

MasterKiller
03-25-2013, 11:20 AM
Some mods allow for most everything and anything, like MasterKiller there

http://kungfumagazine.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5611&d=1266793566

GeneChing
03-25-2013, 11:21 AM
Ever see Eyes Wide Shut? It'd be just like that...just like the explicit European version, not the U.S. version where they digitally added figures to obscure the best scenes.

We got one mod that has surely posted more boobies to the internet than a lot of people here have downloaded! He's a special feature. :) Sex sells. And as we say in TCMA, kill with a borrowed knife.

Flusher
03-25-2013, 11:29 AM
Ever see Eyes Wide Shut? It'd be just like that...just like the explicit European version, not the U.S. version where they digitally added figures to obscure the best scenes.

Sex sells. And as we say in TCMA, kill with a borrowed knife.

Gene, I am not really stirring things up this time. Nor do intend to. Why don't you just give us a straightforward answer...

MasterKiller
03-25-2013, 11:37 AM
Gene,
Can we just ban this clown already?

lkfmdc
03-25-2013, 11:54 AM
That's funny if you consider nooBs don't know who you are here (but I'm sure they will soon enough). Which begs the question - Does martial etiquette allow for masquerades? I suppose it depends on which circles. Surely, that was the very nature of martial secret societies, like the notorious triads.

you can't with a straight face suggest I am hiding my identity here? :rolleyes:

lkfmdc
03-25-2013, 11:55 AM
Gene,
Can we just ban this clown already?

leave robinhood and ban that guy? really? that's what you are suggesting? :rolleyes:

GeneChing
03-25-2013, 11:58 AM
Gene, I am not really stirring things up this time. Nor do intend to. Why don't you just give us a straightforward answer...

It's not really our policy, but I could see many potential scenarios where we would divulge information willingly.
Would you like me to repeat it a fourth time? :rolleyes:

you can't with a straight face suggest I am hiding my identity here? :rolleyes: I didn't say that at all. You're so defensive sometimes... :rolleyes: :p

wenshu
03-25-2013, 12:00 PM
Gene, I noticed you used the word "kerfluffle" in in your introductory editorial in the May/June 2013 issue (you know the one I'm talking bout).

Whats up with you and that word?

lkfmdc
03-25-2013, 12:03 PM
Well, people do seem to think I am either a figment of Gene's imagination or that I am several different posters at the same time....

GeneChing
03-25-2013, 12:09 PM
And extra points to wenshu for his astute observation about my pub note in the MJ2013 (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=1088). Very impressive, sir, very impressive indeed. I picked up the word 'kerfuffle' from watching Downtown Abbey. I've been using it relentlessly ever since. I've also been trying to incorporate the word 'squiffy' which I also gleaned from that show. I'm thinking of changing any reference of zuiquan to squiffy fist. :p

wenshu
03-25-2013, 12:14 PM
Not exactly dude. Your ISP sees you went to a proxy and they also see how much data if any went in or out from your system. hence the big coat analogy.
Tor offers another layer of security in regards to route tracing. It offers no protection from interception somewhere inside the P2P network you are hopping around on with it.

It takes a hell of a lot more than bandwidth to sue somebody. Now the FBI, motion picture, record companies and video game developers have millions of dollars and the technical wherewithal to throw at the problem so they can set up their own TOR exit servers and perform the statistical analysis to track down people who are uploading their intellectual property or illegal material.

But speaking of "out of context" we weren't discussing filesharing were we? Funny how you have to change the context of the discussion to cover for the checks your ignorance writes that your butt can't cash. The discussion was specifically about being tracked by ambulance chasers who take the case of someone with a petty dispute on the forum of a niche magazine. The retainer wouldn't even cover my hourly rate for half a day.

Also, please explain how in the hell you get "inside" and "hop around on" a P2P network? Are you still using Napster? That's not very Web 2.0

I really want to see your explanation for that.

But you don't actually think you are safe and private on the internet do you? Because that is laughable.

I don't try to be.

I like how you need to take the personal shot at me as well then make inferences that are contextually unrelated to what I said, it really undermines your efforts to come across as intelligent. So much misplaced and stupid anger you carry about. Whatever. Do you work in the industry or do you just read wikipedia about it?

I know enough never to use the phrase "Web 2.0".

Spare me the incredulousness, you're just as hostile as anyone.

wenshu
03-25-2013, 12:15 PM
I picked up the word 'kerfuffle' from watching Downtown Abbey. I've been using it relentlessly ever since. I've also been trying to incorporate the word 'squiffy' which I also gleaned from that show. I'm thinking of changing any reference of zuiquan to squiffy fist. :p
http://fashionablethings.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/dowton-dowager-countess.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17CWRk1uYdQ

David Jamieson
03-25-2013, 12:35 PM
blabbety blabbety blabetty blah.

But speaking of "out of context" we weren't discussing filesharing were we? Funny how you have to change the context of the discussion to cover for the checks your ignorance writes that your butt can't cash. The discussion was specifically about being tracked by ambulance chasers who take the case of someone with a petty dispute on the forum of a niche magazine. The retainer wouldn't even cover my hourly rate for half a day.

Also, please explain how in the hell you get "inside" and "hop around on" a P2P network? Are you still using Napster? That's not very Web 2.0

I really want to see your explanation for that.

I don't try to be.

I know enough never to use the phrase "Web 2.0".

Spare me the incredulousness, you're just as hostile as anyone.

Lemme explain. It was in context to TOR which you mentioned which I thought you might have a rudimentary understanding of at least inasmuch as it is a P2P volunteer router sharing solution(onion routing). It means you hop onto volunteer routers and bop around inside that P2P set up until you get to your destination.

I don't believe I've been hostile to you. I do point it out that you can be quite at ease with throwing out insults and what not for whatever reason. I honestly don't care, but I really did think that you knew what you were talking about while referencing TOR and calling my points worthless.

Apparently you didn't know what you were talking about. But that's ok, I don't really care. It's not important. What's important is a modicum of decorum. Try to find some will you? Thanks.

lkfmdc
03-25-2013, 12:35 PM
I don't believe I've been hostile to you.

he saves up all his hostile for me....

David Jamieson
03-25-2013, 12:39 PM
he saves up all his hostile for me....

Well, you got the biggest set of trading cards.

lkfmdc
03-25-2013, 12:44 PM
Well, you got the biggest set of trading cards.

are you coming on to me? :eek:

MasterKiller
03-25-2013, 12:47 PM
leave robinhood and ban that guy? really? that's what you are suggesting? :rolleyes:

I vote to ban that clown too.

David Jamieson
03-25-2013, 12:47 PM
are you coming on to me? :eek:

The very idea of it makes me shudder of course...

I think Marlon Brando had a line about it... "the horror...the horror...the horror..."

Or something like that. :p

lkfmdc
03-25-2013, 12:51 PM
my trading cards are only for asian sword hotties.....

lkfmdc
03-25-2013, 12:52 PM
I vote to ban that clown too.

if only.... :rolleyes:

Flusher
03-25-2013, 01:07 PM
Would you like me to repeat it a fourth time? :rolleyes:

Clearly, you are not understanding my question.

I understand that *in general* there are cases that justify it. I went on to give you a specific example:

Of the many scenarios that might evoke divulgence of information, does the case of an anon account calling out another really represent a level of "trouble" to justify doing so?

lkfmdc
03-25-2013, 01:09 PM
If a bear poops in the woods and there are no lions to smell it, does wing chun still suck?

I mean I am just reframing the question

David Jamieson
03-25-2013, 01:36 PM
I don't think wing chun sucks at all.

I think the style is rife with people who make mountains out of molehills though.

But then, after time I've found that people who have little tend to make a big deal about how much little they have.

whereas people who have a lot, don't really have time to think about minutia and little things because they have some other big piece of work to do.

In other words, a lot of Wing Chun folks think there is more to their style than there really is and some will even go so far as to absolutely fabricate something or adopt something from another style into their wing chun and then they claim that it is part and parcel to it.

Wing Chun has nothing in it that you won't find in the more "robust" systems derived from shaolin kung fu. In fact, it invariably has less than all the others. And that was exactly the point of it wasn't it. TO have a smaller distillation that one could learn quickly and therefore use effectively in a shorter timeline than someone who is also learning meditation, qi gong, all the other work etc etc. Wing Chun is straight up fighting techs with two weapons and a conditioning routine on the dummy and that's it. you can learn it all inside a year and practice it up to a shine in the following year and be using it to box and do so well.

But if you get caught up in that convoluted nonsense train that has laid it's tracks across the wing chun plain, then...sorry to hear that.

GeneChing
03-25-2013, 01:47 PM
Clearly, you are not understanding my question.
Clearly you are not understanding my answer.

The lynch mob is gathering. Should we let the ban hammer fall?

Lucas
03-25-2013, 01:50 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24907648.jpg

GeneChing
03-25-2013, 01:53 PM
If I lynched everyone here on the first few complaints, none of you would be here.

Except maybe wenshu. I can't remember ever receiving a complaint about him. Of course, my memory is not what it used to be, and I spend a lot of time getting squiffy with the sole purpose of forgetting the kerfuffles of this here forum...:rolleyes:

Lucas
03-25-2013, 01:58 PM
who the fuc complained about me? i want names, addresses, phone numbers, social security numbers and mothers maiden names.

Flusher
03-25-2013, 02:06 PM
Clearly you are not understanding my answer.

The lynch mob is gathering. Should we let the ban hammer fall?

...if you really feel the need, it is certainly your right to do so. Although within the 20 or so posts I've made, I've done little other than ask questions. Questions that are harmless enough to answer, that is, unless there is something to hide...

I understand nobody would be here if you "lynched" them at the first complaint. But you've expressed a desire to maintain some standard of "martial etiquette" for the sake of dissemination of good information. Don't you think when a public figure (versus a nobody, anon or not) crosses the line of "etiquette" using their own anon accounts, why would a so-called watchman of "etiquette" allow it to happen?

wenshu
03-25-2013, 02:14 PM
It was in context to TOR which you mentioned which I thought you might have a rudimentary understanding of at least inasmuch as it is a P2P volunteer router sharing solution(onion routing). It means you hop onto volunteer routers and bop around inside that P2P set up until you get to your destination.

This is true.

Except TOR and Onion are two different things used together.

GeneChing
03-25-2013, 02:15 PM
who the fuc complained about me?
Oh whoops, did I say wenshu? I meant Lucas. Only Lucas would be here. Everyone complains about wenshu.

...if you really feel the need, it is certainly your right to do so. Yes, I am aware of this. It's tempting, but I really don't have anything against you at this point. I am sympathetic to why the lynch mob is forming, but I don't see anything quite bannable as of this moment.

That might change with your next post. ;)

Scott R. Brown
03-25-2013, 02:16 PM
If I lynched everyone here on the first few complaints, none of you would be here.

Except maybe wenshu. I can't remember ever receiving a complaint about him. Of course, my memory is not what it used to be, and I spend a lot of time getting squiffy with the sole purpose of forgetting the kerfuffles of this here forum...:rolleyes:

who the fuc complained about me? i want names, addresses, phone numbers, social security numbers and mothers maiden names.

I complained about Lucas because he is just too humorous for this BB, but on the otherhand......

I have never been notified that I have generated any complaints!:mad:

Am I going to have to file a law suit in order to get the ip numbers of those who have complained about me, those who have not complained about me enough, and those who neglected to tell me I have been complained about, in order that I may try to be even more annoy......er I mean charming?:cool:

wenshu
03-25-2013, 02:27 PM
I can't have been the only one who was disappointed that he didn't get a kerfluffle reprimand.

lkfmdc
03-25-2013, 02:31 PM
no one has ever complained about LKFMDC.....

:p

Scott R. Brown
03-25-2013, 02:35 PM
no one has ever complained about LKFMDC.....

:p

My only complaint has been I can never remember how to spell your nom de plume, so I just call you Dave or "LMNOP" it is much easier on my brain!:eek:

Scott R. Brown
03-25-2013, 02:39 PM
....then, due to the fact we are not face-to-face, you are misinterpreting my entire position. Regardless of what the past, or other, unrelated squabbles here might suggest.

Consequently, I think the "lynch mob" might align themselves against somebody else were the truth to actually come out.

The lynch mob is actually quite benign!

They have not actually lynched anyone.....yet!

GeneChing
03-25-2013, 02:41 PM
They have not actually lynched anyone.....yet! Typical. Probably haven't ever been in a realz fight either...:rolleyes:

Scott R. Brown
03-25-2013, 02:44 PM
Typical. Probably haven't ever been in a realz fight either...:rolleyes:

No but there have been plenty of struggles with reality!!:D

And reality is losing!!!!:eek:

Flusher
03-25-2013, 02:46 PM
Oh whoops, did I say wenshu? I meant Lucas. Only Lucas would be here. Everyone complains about wenshu.

Yes, I am aware of this. It's tempting, but I really don't have anything against you at this point. I am sympathetic to why the lynch mob is forming, but I don't see anything quite bannable as of this moment.

That might change with your next post. ;)

If you think that, then I think you are misinterpreting my whole position. Regardless of what the past, or other, unrelated squabbles here might suggest.

Consequently, I think the "lynch mob" might align themselves against somebody else, were the truth to actually come out. But that's irrelevant since you don't want to go there on the forum. But I know, that you know the truth about what happened. Ultimately, that's enough for me. I just think it is unfortunate that you won't address it. That said, I don't have anything against you either.

bawang
03-25-2013, 03:52 PM
If you think that, then I think you are misinterpreting my whole position. Regardless of what the past, or other, unrelated squabbles here might suggest.

Consequently, I think the "lynch mob" might align themselves against somebody else, were the truth to actually come out. But that's irrelevant since you don't want to go there on the forum. But I know, that you know the truth about what happened. Ultimately, that's enough for me. I just think it is unfortunate that you won't address it. That said, I don't have anything against you either.

can someone summarize drama so far, my manly warrior brain not understand womanly gossip.

GeneChing
03-25-2013, 04:10 PM
Now this is an opportunity for forum humor extraordinaire. ;)

Lucas
03-25-2013, 04:15 PM
I love you guys.

Scott R. Brown
03-25-2013, 04:18 PM
I love you guys.

I am about to complain about you again! :mad:

Lucas
03-25-2013, 04:57 PM
Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucas
03-25-2013, 05:10 PM
Gene is my Father.

GeneChing
03-25-2013, 05:29 PM
You know them to be true.

Raipizo
03-25-2013, 11:41 PM
Gene, I'm sorry to say but we sacrificed Lucas (if I remember correctly). I am sorry for your loss.

Scott R. Brown
03-26-2013, 06:28 AM
Gene, I'm sorry to say but we sacrificed Lucas (if I remember correctly). I am sorry for your loss.

He needed more salt!

Lucas
03-26-2013, 08:53 AM
You know them to be true.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/5/5a/Luke_I_Am_Your_Father.jpg

sanjuro_ronin
03-26-2013, 09:51 AM
Gone for a bit and see what happens...:(

lkfmdc
03-26-2013, 09:58 AM

you act surprised... :rolleyes:

Brule
03-26-2013, 10:03 AM
You were gone? :o

Raipizo
03-26-2013, 10:04 AM
And tenderizing, he was very rough. We should have used Thor's hammer to tenderize him.

sanjuro_ronin
03-26-2013, 10:16 AM
you act surprised... :rolleyes:

I think I am getting too old for this...

Scott R. Brown
03-26-2013, 11:06 AM

Who are you, again?

And tenderizing, he was very rough. We should have used Thor's hammer to tenderize him.

That would have been a good idea. I hear you can also soak tough meat in lemon juice!

I think I am getting too old for this...

You are younger than me and I am still in the mix. You gotta keep young at heart. I am having my 4th child in September and I'll be 54!:p

sanjuro_ronin
03-26-2013, 11:22 AM
You are younger than me and I am still in the mix. You gotta keep young at heart. I am having my 4th child in September and I'll be 54!:p

Glutton for punishment, LOL

David Jamieson
03-26-2013, 11:23 AM

How to tenderize with Thor's hammer:

http://imgur.com/9TIn0jf.gif

link just in case: http://imgur.com/9TIn0jf

Scott R. Brown
03-26-2013, 11:37 AM
Glutton for punishment, LOL

Its a good kind of punishment though!

Nothing like a child's joy to fill your heart.....:)

.....and mess with your workout!!!:(

lkfmdc
03-26-2013, 11:43 AM
[B][SIZE="4"]How to tenderize with Thor's hammer:

Dear Jamieson

sanjuro_ronin
03-26-2013, 11:46 AM
Its a good kind of punishment though!

Nothing like a child's joy to fill your heart.....:)

.....and mess with your workout!!!:(

Too true my friend, too true.
There are many things that we can put on hold because of our MA training but children is NOT one of them.
I don't know of any MA that, on their death bed, thinks that they should have trained more than spend time with their kids.
My little girls are everything to me.
I can stop MA tomorrow but I will be their daddy forever.

Scott R. Brown
03-26-2013, 11:51 AM
Too true my friend, too true.
There are many things that we can put on hold because of our MA training but children is NOT one of them.
I don't know of any MA that, on their death bed, thinks that they should have trained more than spend time with their kids.
My little girls are everything to me.
I can stop MA tomorrow but I will be their daddy forever.

Absolutely!!!:);)

David Jamieson
03-26-2013, 12:09 PM
Dear Jamieson

Not actually, it just doesn't seem to like animated gifs.
Hence the link.
Go ahead, click it, I know you want to.
It's worth it.

MasterKiller
03-26-2013, 12:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/9TIn0jf.gif

Syn7
03-26-2013, 12:49 PM

We will all pray for you! :)

Syn7
03-26-2013, 12:51 PM
http://imgur.com/9TIn0jf

Looks like dirt weed. Yall should head west. :p

Syn7
03-26-2013, 12:52 PM

Ooooops....!!!

Guess they do work. :rolleyes:

You should know better, DJ. ;)

David Jamieson
03-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Like small children some of you. :rolleyes: :p

On the bright side, there's a load of bud puffing Thor pics in here now!

Syn7
03-26-2013, 12:57 PM
Like small children some of you. :rolleyes: :p

On the bright side, there's a load of bud puffing Thor pics in here now!

We didn't know we needed those till you hooked us up. For this we are grateful! :)

Brule
03-26-2013, 01:01 PM

http://imgur.com/9TIn0jf.gif

Can't believe a mod would promote this type of behaviour. :(

David Jamieson
03-26-2013, 01:09 PM
Can't believe a mod would promote this type of behaviour. :(
Really? So let me get this straight you are an anti Thor? Or anti -weed jokes?
As for being a Mod, I can't believe some forum members would believe that mods are to be held to a higher standard by virtue of being a mod.

I'm here to bug trolls, scrub the potty mouth and keep the hair pullers separated during recess. I'm not here to lead some made up morality of anti this or that types.

I could easily post an image of Yoda sodomizing Luke Skywalker while he cries, but it wouldn't have relevancy, which is the purpose of posting pics.

anyway, get in the "let's whine about jamieson" line. There's a couple of others there you can vocalize your dissatisfaction of me with. :rolleyes:

By the way, regarding "morality" around weed:

"And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. -Genesis 1:29

Now leave me alone! :mad:

lkfmdc
03-26-2013, 01:18 PM
he's the most unpopular moderator on here, and loves the role

MasterKiller
03-26-2013, 01:24 PM
he's the most unpopular moderator on here, and loves the role

http://kungfumagazine.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5705&d=1279739059

Brule
03-26-2013, 01:30 PM
Really? So let me get this straight you are an anti Thor? Or anti -weed jokes?
As for being a Mod, I can't believe some forum members would believe that mods are to be held to a higher standard by virtue of being a mod.

I'm here to bug trolls, scrub the potty mouth and keep the hair pullers separated during recess. I'm not here to lead some made up morality of anti this or that types.

I could easily post an image of Yoda sodomizing Luke Skywalker while he cries, but it wouldn't have relevancy, which is the purpose of posting pics.

anyway, get in the "let's whine about jamieson" line. There's a couple of others there you can vocalize your dissatisfaction of me with. :rolleyes:

By the way, regarding "morality" around weed:

"And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. -Genesis 1:29

Now leave me alone! :mad:

C'mon Jamie Davison,

http://www.filehurricane.com/photos/1114200990348AM_WhySoSerious.jpg

Don't let a bunch of people on a discussion forum get your panties in a bunch, sheesh.....life is too short.

wenshu
03-26-2013, 01:48 PM
http://kungfumagazine.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5705&d=1279739059

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/s720x720/181141_10151232367106622_357920651_n.jpg

lkfmdc
03-26-2013, 01:50 PM
I didn't even have to photoshop this one

David Jamieson
03-26-2013, 02:09 PM
I didn't even have to photoshop this one

Kinda makes that whole "anti semite" thing you accuse me of seem somewhat off if you know what that picture is all about. :p

anyway, nobody got the cats and laser beams picture?
That one makes me laugh still.