PDA

View Full Version : Interested in what you guys think about this - Chi Kung

andrushkin
03-22-2013, 10:10 PM
We know that some internal energy does indeed exist, and is quite important for personal/martial development and practice (attending/intending and so on), especially in something like dim mak.

So I'm interested in what you guys think about this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyDYHpLpCys

Personally, I don't know what to think, but guessing it is a hoax...

IronFist
03-23-2013, 06:18 AM
That was definitely real and definitely not a stage trick.

pazman
03-23-2013, 07:50 AM
We know that some internal energy does indeed exist...

That's a big assumption to begin with.

rett
03-23-2013, 08:00 AM
I don't believe that any human being is capable of lighting a fire by emitting internal energy from their hands.

Electric eels can emit shocks, but a look at wikipedia shows how a large part of their bodies are specifically designed to function as a chemical battery.

GoldenBrain
03-23-2013, 08:31 AM
Combine glycerin and potassium permanganate to paper, wad paper up and wait...Oh, and don't forget to shake hands around over the paper for a greater effect.

andrushkin
03-23-2013, 08:32 AM
That's a big assumption to begin with.

I agree, and would like to add that the explanation requiring the least assumptions is usually the most correct.

I don't believe that any human being is capable of lighting a fire by emitting internal energy from their hands.

Electric eels can emit shocks, but a look at wikipedia shows how a large part of their bodies are specifically designed to function as a chemical battery.

There are a few other things in the video which raise my attention to skepticism, for one, I from experience know that he is in nearly no danger when he places his hand on the end of the barrel of the pellet rifle.

His other 'feat' which raised a red flag for me, was the chopstick through the table. I don't think I've seen anything quite so perfectly set up. He shows that he can't go through the top of the table cloth, sure, most likely because under the table there is a seam or gap in the wood through which he can easily pass the chopstick through. Not to mention, that this is at one of his "favourite local restaurants".

IronWeasel
03-23-2013, 08:46 AM
Combine glycerin and potassium permanganate to paper, wad paper up and wait...Oh, and don't forget to shake hands around over the paper for a greater effect.

So....it *IS* real!!

All I have to do is rub my opponent with gycerin and potassium permanganate...

The skeptics need to apologize now.

IronWeasel
03-23-2013, 08:55 AM
"The time to hesitate is through..." -- Jim Morrison

GoldenBrain
03-23-2013, 09:03 AM
So....it *IS* real!!

All I have to do is rub my opponent with gycerin and potassium permanganate...

The skeptics need to apologize now.

Sure, it's real. If you add these chemicals together on a piece of paper it will burn, for real.

It's an old Indian street fakery trick. The reason they wad the piece of paper up is to combine the two chemicals together and make a little view port so only the trickster can see the fire starting and then they wave their hands around to make it appear that they started the fire. You can tell it's a chemical reaction by all the black smoke issuing from the paper as it burns.

I'm not saying Ki, or Chi or whatever you want to call the energy that flows through the body doesn't exist but this trick is definitely a scam.

lkfmdc
03-23-2013, 09:07 AM
Do you go to the magic shows in Las Vegas and think those guys are Chi masters? :rolleyes:

IronWeasel
03-23-2013, 09:15 AM
Do you go to the magic shows in Las Vegas and think those guys are Chi masters? :rolleyes:

Where do you think I learned my martial skills?:)

GoldenBrain
03-23-2013, 09:21 AM
Where do you think I learned my martial skills?:)

I heard Elvis studied Karate so this makes perfect sense to me. Ge the external and internal all on one stage.:rolleyes::):D

andrushkin
03-23-2013, 09:29 AM
You guys can always provide a good laugh :):D

Scott R. Brown
03-23-2013, 05:01 PM
In the prison system inmates would put Brilcream and another substance on paper, then wad it up and throw it into trash cans to start fires.

If a guy can start fires with chi using paper he should be able to do it with wood too. Bring your own stuff to have him burn. Have him melt a horse shoe or something difficult. Anyone can turn paper into fire.

GoldenBrain
03-23-2013, 06:12 PM
In the prison system inmates would put Brilcream and another substance on paper, then wad it up and throw it into trash cans to start fires.

If a guy can start fires with chi using paper he should be able to do it with wood too. Bring your own stuff to have him burn. Have him melt a horse shoe or something difficult. Anyone can turn paper into fire.

The other ingredient would probably be chlorine since glycerine is the primary ingredient in Brylcreem. Put the two together and wooooof! But, don't breath the fumes since chlorine is bad mojo for the lungs.

Disclaimer: Don't try this at home kids. And, I have never served time and I am not a pyro. Just a knowledgable person with a crap-load of useless information.

Now, if I saw somebody melt a horse shoe that I gave them then I'd be totally impressed but that'll never happen. Thats why you only see this trick attempted with one sheet of paper and no repeats, at least not on the same day.

RisingCrane
03-23-2013, 06:41 PM
Why people believe in superstition:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWo3kTYb8W0

TroyMacraft
03-23-2013, 07:47 PM
I am going to have to agree with the majority that he is a fraud. Unless you can go in and actually see him work his 'magic'. However, your first statement is quite a huge leap as well.

rett
03-24-2013, 12:56 AM

It's disrespectful to make demands of a charismatic master.

That or, it's not a faucet you can turn on and off at will.

rett
03-24-2013, 12:57 AM
That was definitely real and definitely not a stage trick.

I liked this answer best, in light of the recent "kerfuffle".

rett
03-24-2013, 01:03 AM
When it comes to charismatic sects, I believe it's not important that miracles or demonstrations of magic power be especially convicing or plausible. If anything, it's more a question of "if they'll believe that, they'll believe anything". You need followers willing to suspend belief. The resulting groupthink dynamic will carry you through the rest.

In Burma there are secret societies of wizard-bodhisattvas. One has a yearly ritual where the wizards fly from a secret mountain to the temple. Hundreds of devotees witness them fly in through the window and land. Except that they actually just climb up from outside the window and jump in.

It's an ecstatic ceremony and the people are so psyched up they see it as if the wizards were flying. And the few that don't see that probably just think there's something wrong with their own heads; that maybe they don't have enough faith or something. They certainly don't question it openly.

Scott R. Brown
03-24-2013, 04:07 AM
When it comes to charismatic sects, I believe it's not important that miracles or demonstrations of magic power be especially convicing or plausible. If anything, it's more a question of "if they'll believe that, they'll believe anything". You need followers willing to suspend belief. The resulting groupthink dynamic will carry you through the rest.

In Burma there are secret societies of wizard-bodhisattvas. One has a yearly ritual where the wizards fly from a secret mountain to the temple. Hundreds of devotees witness them fly in through the window and land. Except that they actually just climb up from outside the window and jump in.

It's an ecstatic ceremony and the people are so psyched up they see it as if the wizards were flying. And the few that don't see that probably just think there's something wrong with their own heads; that maybe they don't have enough faith or something. They certainly don't question it openly.

I am sure the wizards are just so humble they are making it "seem" like they are climbing in the window so as not to appear to be showing off to non-believers!

David Jamieson
03-24-2013, 06:57 AM
Regard all phenomena as illusion - Buddha

lkfmdc
03-24-2013, 07:01 AM
I liked this answer best, in light of the recent "kerfuffle".

yes, clearly much better to say all frauds are in fact god like masters than risk the wrath of an ambulance chaser :rolleyes:

IronFist
03-24-2013, 10:20 AM
As I've said before, if anyone could demonstrate legitimate evidence that they could do any of this, not only would James Randi pay them $1,000,000 (http://www.randi.org/site/), but they would also be able to run the most popular, successful, and profitable school in the history of martial arts.

I know, I know. These true masters don't want to use their powers for personal gain, fame, or recognition.

Never mind the fact that they could use the $1,000,000 for charity to improve the world. You know, cuz they're such good, honest, and legitimate people.

Dragonzbane76
03-24-2013, 10:35 AM
Shamantics and mysic belief infused with some voodoo. Yes ill have another, hell by a round.

bawang
03-24-2013, 10:42 AM
anyone notice how all the internal chi fanatics are atheists?

magic chi is nice replacement for angry daddy sky god. no morals, no rules, only power for self.

SoCo KungFu
03-24-2013, 11:38 AM
anyone notice how all the internal chi fanatics are atheists?

magic chi is nice replacement for angry daddy sky god. no morals, no rules, only power for self.

Not really, the chi ball freaks here are all the most super spiritual. The couple people here that I am reasonably sure are atheist are the ones calling BS on it. There are loons in every group, but on average we are pretty much skeptical of just about anything without proof. Although that is not required of atheism.

bawang
03-24-2013, 11:41 AM
Not really, the chi ball freaks here are all the most super spiritual. The couple people here that I am reasonably sure are atheist are the ones calling BS on it. There are loons in every group, but on average we are pretty much skeptical of just about anything without proof. Although that is not required of atheism.

im talking about people in real life.

even if not atheist, its usually the ones that hate jesus that get hooked on this chi business.

SoCo KungFu
03-24-2013, 11:50 AM
im talking about people in real life.

even if not atheist, its usually the ones that hate jesus that get hooked on this chi business.

Yeah this is true. These are the super subjective people looking for an escape from reality but don't want to be another average mainstream religious individual with no significance (a lot like the people in the UFO thread that can't face reality and want to be part of some super secret inside group), or they're the granola eating suburbanites that have *******ized Buddhism and specifically martial arts with their American softcore soccer mom mentalities and their man-gina tendencies.

Some of those people could be called atheist, but a lot have just run from one god to another. No one said rationalism was a prerequisite for atheism, but we typically attract the rational in greater proportions. I think its better to be a skeptic personally. Or to use a phrase from Neil deGrasse Tyson, "the only -ist I am, is a scientist."

Although those bent on applying labels, he does fit the definition of an atheist. What can we do, humans like to categorize. No sense fighting it, it means little if you don't stake your identity on in emotionally.

EarthDragon
03-25-2013, 03:01 AM
soCo you must be atheist as well.. correct? you said you need scientific proof before you believe in anything

Scott R. Brown
03-25-2013, 05:49 AM
soCo you must be atheist as well.. correct? you said you need scientific proof before you believe in anything

Just because one wants scientific proof does not make them an atheist by default.

EarthDragon
03-25-2013, 07:06 AM
LOL Scott, didn't have this discussion? if you believe in God wheres the proof? you seem to be back peddling from our last discussion about Qi gong.

SoCo KungFu
03-25-2013, 04:30 PM

I'm not going to hijack another thread with this debate. I'll try to answer in PM. But in short, what Scott said, but I'll try to explain why.

Scott R. Brown
03-25-2013, 05:08 PM
LOL Scott, didn't have this discussion? if you believe in God wheres the proof? you seem to be back peddling from our last discussion about Qi gong.

Not even close! You don't understand what I understand apparently so you cannot understand how it can appear I hold more than one apparently conflicting belief!

I'll give you a hint though, I don't backpedal, I change perspective!

Think about it!

Lucas
03-25-2013, 05:09 PM
I am pagan.

Scott R. Brown
03-25-2013, 05:24 PM
I am pagan.

And you wear it well!;)

SoCo KungFu
03-25-2013, 05:24 PM
I am pagan.

Its them "natural" women right? Once you get past the hairy legs I hear they can be quite a party.

lkfmdc
03-25-2013, 05:26 PM
I am a reformed Druid, I can pray at bushes instead of trees

Gru Bianca
03-25-2013, 07:23 PM
I am a reformed Druid, I can pray at bushes instead of trees

Good choice, but unfortunately with this late craze of Brazilian influence all the bushes are being wiped out......:D

Tiger is turned into a white tiger :D

EarthDragon
03-25-2013, 09:02 PM
hug each other not trees

EarthDragon
03-25-2013, 09:02 PM
soco got your PM I will read and reply than you, for taking the time

David Jamieson
03-26-2013, 08:19 AM
We have a shared reality as well. Our world view makes up our perception of that reality but doesn't necessarily see the truth of the shared reality.

The world was real before I got here and it will be real when I've gone.
As an individual, I am quite clear that I am not the only thing that matters in the world and I think the whole idea of "create your own reality through perception" etc moves away from intrinsic inter-connectedness and the more we go for new age ask the universe for money and things BS that is so popular these days is taking away from all the great stuff that mutual understanding of the shared reality brings us.

As for the Higgs Boson. They have found it, it is real and it is what gives things mass.
they have confirmed it's existence and function with 99.95% certainty I believe.

Diving into the mystical without grasping the actual is folly in my opinion. I would always point people towards applied physics in context to self, fitness, qi gong, kung fu tricks etc long before I advised them of some mysticism that can't be demonstrated forthwith.

Scott R. Brown
03-26-2013, 08:24 AM
There is a huge difference here, the Higgs Boson does none of the actions attributed to qi AND there are no scientific studies that confirm the existence of qi or it qualities.....yet!

EarthDragon
03-27-2013, 05:22 AM
scott

There is a huge difference here, the Higgs Boson does none of the actions attributed to qi AND there are no scientific studies that confirm the existence of qi or it qualities.....yet!

the last word in your post makes me very happy. At least you admit its there. words like almost or not yet is OK with me. You can catch up with my understanding when your proof comes in.

David Jamieson
03-27-2013, 05:34 AM
There's no proof of Qi because no one has a clear idea of what they are trying to prove! lol

Qi is literally "breath" and all it becomes through the trans-formative process within the crucible that is a living thing. Hence transformed qi such as the energy you use to do your chores after eating.

The breath you take one after each and the life force that supports, which is you. this is Qi in action.

So, should scientists rather try to fully understand the quality of air and breathing and how that works mechanically and is defined as Qi and the process of taking it in and expelling it when stagnant. :)

GoldenBrain
03-27-2013, 05:45 AM
Here is a great study. Maybe Qi/Chi is just light energy, maybe not but its still cool. Here's a little quote from the article and the link to it below.

"The human body literally glows, emitting a visible light in extremely small quantities at levels that rise and fall with the day, scientists now reveal."

http://www.livescience.com/7799-strange-humans-glow-visible-light.html

And a little something for the wonderful kooks who entertain us so. If we glow then does that mean we were actually engineered by the Annunaki as the Sumerians described? Supposedly the Annunaki (angles) glowed in the dark so if we have some of their genetics then maybe we still retain a bit of that glow.

Don't work me over to badly for that last bit. I'm just offering a little something for the conspiracy folks. :D

Scott R. Brown
03-27-2013, 08:11 AM
Here is a great study. Maybe Qi/Chi is just light energy, maybe not but its still cool. Here's a little quote from the article and the link to it below.

"The human body literally glows, emitting a visible light in extremely small quantities at levels that rise and fall with the day, scientists now reveal."

[url]http://www.livescience.com/7799-strange-humans-glow-visible-light.html[/url

Interesting article. This sounds like an aura

There it s Tibetan tradition, I believe, that diagnoses diseases based upon the aura of the person. Now, it sounds like there might be some scientifically demonstrated foundation for this.

Kellen Bassette
03-27-2013, 08:17 AM
There's no proof of Qi because no one has a clear idea of what they are trying to prove! lol

That does make any attempt at proof a rather difficult undertaking...almost like deciding whether or not we (the U.S.) won any or our recent wars....:rolleyes:

Syn7
03-27-2013, 08:25 AM
that's how I feel about religion.

Kellen Bassette
03-27-2013, 08:34 AM
Interesting article. This sounds like an aura

When are people just going to accept George Lucas got it right? It's all about the Force. And the "Force" is TCMA. ;)

Quote from "Tang Shi Quan Shu: Pugilistic Art of the Tang Family.
Outer techniques of Da Hong Quan."

At present some people who learn WU SHU
really stir up astonishment. They roam around in search of
Force and methods to acquire it. But what they show is
often done improperly, their movements are incorrect. They
do not understand that force from the very beginning is
inside their body and they are not good at using the Force.
One should take for granted that the Force from the very
beginning is inside a human body and act accordingly with
this statement. One must learn to use it.

I didn't even capitalize "Force" that's how it was in the English translation. :p

IronFist
03-27-2013, 08:54 AM
Advanced physics has had to resort to such terms as 'up', 'down', 'strange', 'charm', and 'luck' to at least give a hint of what they think they are finding with advanced particle physics.

"had to resort to"?

More like physicist sense of humor.

And they come in 6 "flavors:" up, down, strange, charm, top, and bottom.

Yes, it's also strange to refer to a quark as having a "flavor" since you can't taste them.

They also have "colors".

It's just a way to classify them.

IronFist
03-27-2013, 09:00 AM

Is that why ninjas had to wear all black?

GoldenBrain
03-27-2013, 09:08 AM
Is that why ninjas had to wear all black?

Could be. I'll ponder that the next time I'm hanging upside down from a tree limb by my tabi boots waiting for my next target.:p

Syn7
03-27-2013, 09:42 AM
The other ingredient would probably be chlorine since glycerine is the primary ingredient in Brylcreem. Put the two together and wooooof! But, don't breath the fumes since chlorine is bad mojo for the lungs.

Disclaimer: Don't try this at home kids. And, I have never served time and I am not a pyro. Just a knowledgable person with a crap-load of useless information.

Now, if I saw somebody melt a horse shoe that I gave them then I'd be totally impressed but that'll never happen. Thats why you only see this trick attempted with one sheet of paper and no repeats, at least not on the same day.

I made thermite yesterday. For kicks. Had some magnesium strips left over and nothing to burn. I was gonna go all out and do the napalm too, but I never got around to it.

I can make my body register on a multimeter. So can any of you. Sometimes just being around enough electronics can offset the meter. Granted, my 8 dollar nexxtech is more likely to do this than my 400 dollar fluke meter, but there you go. I can produce a charge in my hand that will make sand dance like a mini sandstorm. Do I have chi powers?

Oh, and if you can melt a horseshoe with your hand, I will give it due consideration. But I would insist on certain conditions during the test.

Syn7
03-27-2013, 09:50 AM
It's disrespectful to make demands of a charismatic master.

This is often quoted as an excuse for not adhering to reasonable parameters. It's on the ones who make the claim to prove their stuff. If they aren't even willing to submit to reasonable testing w/o all the other crap obfuscating the process, then they don't deserve to be believed. If you wanna live in a dark corner and do your thing, cool, but don't expect others who are capable of critical thought to make that leap with you.

Syn7
03-27-2013, 09:55 AM

Theological noncognitivism. :) Why define your lack of belief? :D

I don't think I will ever be comfortable calling myself a theist or an atheist. Mostly I just don't care. lol. Still waiting on a clear definition on exactly what it is I am supposed to believe, or not to believe.

But, for the sake of keeping it simple, you can add me to the "doesn't make leaps based on conjecture" column.

Syn7
03-27-2013, 09:57 AM
to use a phrase from Neil deGrasse Tyson, "the only -ist I am, is a scientist."

Word....!!!

David Jamieson
03-27-2013, 11:14 AM
Great that you bring this up. Bruce Holbrook, in his book, The Stone Monkey (http://www.amazon.com/The-Stone-Monkey-Alternative-Chinese-Scientific/dp/0688006655/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364405669&sr=8-1&keywords=stone+monkey+bruce+holbrook) says that the original name for acupuncture needles is 'lien', which means 'probe'. He says that the acupuncture needle actually emits a light source into the acupuncture point to create the therapeutic effect. Of course you know when you start talking about light and the speed of light, you are getting into the realm of hyper-dimensional physics, which is a very interesting and frustrating topic.:)
SKM

"hyperdimensional physics"

There is no such thing. lol It's some BS made up by A guy who is waaaaaaayyy out there in alternative musings, lizard overlords and moonbase ubiquity theory.

Just saying.... :p

pazman
03-27-2013, 11:20 AM
...you are getting into the realm of hyper-dimensional physics, which is a very interesting and frustrating topic.:)

Which is a topic you've studied, I'm sure.

BTW, confirmed for troll.:o

IronFist
03-27-2013, 12:02 PM
I can make my body register on a multimeter. So can any of you. Sometimes just being around enough electronics can offset the meter. Granted, my 8 dollar nexxtech is more likely to do this than my 400 dollar fluke meter, but there you go. I can produce a charge in my hand that will make sand dance like a mini sandstorm. Do I have chi powers?

I would like to sign up for your qi power course.

IronFist
03-27-2013, 12:02 PM
This is often quoted as an excuse for not adhering to reasonable parameters. It's on the ones who make the claim to prove their stuff. If they aren't even willing to submit to reasonable testing w/o all the other crap obfuscating the process, then they don't deserve to be believed. If you wanna live in a dark corner and do your thing, cool, but don't expect others who are capable of critical thought to make that leap with you.

There is more common sense in this paragraph than in entire other threads.

GoldenBrain
03-27-2013, 01:12 PM
I made thermite yesterday.

Sweet!!! Just curious, what did you burn with it? And, do you need a welding mask to view it when it's burning? I ask because I've never seen thermite burn except on the Internet. I'm sure I could find an answer to my second question but it makes for better conversation this way.

GoldenBrain
03-27-2013, 01:21 PM
Or to use a phrase from Neil deGrasse Tyson, "the only -ist I am, is a scientist."

I freaking love this guy!

Scott R. Brown
03-27-2013, 01:46 PM
Or to use a phrase from Neil deGrasse Tyson, "the only -ist I am, is a scientist."

I freaking love this guy!

The only -ist I am is a geniusist!:p

Syn7
03-27-2013, 03:01 PM
I would like to sign up for your qi power course.

Haha, yeah... Some people are just suckers. They will make me roll up my sleeves, some even asked me to do it shirtless. No problem. Nobody thought to look at my ankle or the bottom of my shoe. Had they done so they would have found a 7.5kv negative ion generator, an inverter and a 9v battery. Alas, so many are so easily fooled. It is cool though. Anything small like sand will go nuts under my hand.

You can also disrupt/fry electronics by going near/touching them. I like it almost as much as I like my Wave Bubble (RF jammer).

Sweet!!! Just curious, what did you burn with it? And, do you need a welding mask to view it when it's burning? I ask because I've never seen thermite burn except on the Internet. I'm sure I could find an answer to my second question but it makes for better conversation this way.

Short answer, yes. Long answer.... I don't use a welding mask, I have tinted shields(safety glasses) and I keep my distance. I didn't use it for any usefull purpose. I just like the light show. I set up some bricks and kept it in a well ventilated open area w/ no nearby combustibles. Incendiaries are great. You just gotta know how to properly handle the materials and it's reasonably safe. It's really easy to make and being on a farm, you should have all the space you need. If you are interested in the method, PM me. I know it's something one can easilly find w/ a google search, it's just that I don't post specifics like that... for obvious reasons.

The only -ist I am is a geniusist!:p

Awesome....!!! lol. Ain't edumacation great!

Scott R. Brown
03-27-2013, 03:27 PM
Awesome....!!! lol. Ain't edumacation great!

Uhhh....its called edjacumacation!!

Keep trying though because you have the makings for being a true genuisist likes me!!!:cool:

Syn7
03-27-2013, 03:36 PM
Uhhh....its called edjacumacation!!

Keep trying though because you have the makings for being a true genuisist likes me!!!:cool:

I stand corrected. My sincere apologies. Clearly I lack edjacumacation. But I am not lost, I'm working on it daily. I am attending wikiversity full time now....!!!

Scott R. Brown
03-27-2013, 03:42 PM
I stand corrected. My sincere apologies. Clearly I lack edjacumacation. But I am not lost, I'm working on it daily. I am attending wikiversity full time now....!!!

Well, it is clear you are gaining some edumacation, but that is only for the masses, edjacumacation is for geniusists, and your wikimedia is of course the best place to get full gnoledge of uvernisal fax of stuff.

I have full coughindence of ur sexesss in these ednevers!

Syn7
03-27-2013, 03:45 PM
Are you flirting with me?

:p

Scott R. Brown
03-27-2013, 04:02 PM
Are you flirting with me?

:p

No, I am a strong heterophiliac!!!!!

But, if I haunt your dreams, well........that's your business, fella!;)

GoldenBrain
03-27-2013, 04:15 PM
Thanks Syn for replying to my question. Sounds pretty fun and if I ever need the recipe like maybe around the 4th of July I'll give you a shout.

The 7.5kv negative ion generator, an inverter and a 9v battery thing has me rolling though. Great party trick fo sho!

Syn7
03-27-2013, 04:16 PM
No, I am a strong heterophiliac!!!!!

But, if I haunt your dreams, well........that's your business, fella!;)

....... :o .......

Syn7
03-27-2013, 04:18 PM
Thanks Syn for replying to my question. Sounds pretty fun and if I ever need the recipe like maybe around the 4th of July I'll give you a shout.

The 7.5kv negative ion generator, an inverter and a 9v battery thing has me rolling though. Great party trick fo sho!

Yeah it's all good fun. If you build one, just make sure you use like a 5 watt wimpy inverter or it will not go well for you. A 7.5kv neg ion generator can be used as a nasty transformer.

GoldenBrain
03-27-2013, 04:21 PM
Yeah it's all good fun. If you build one, just make sure you use like a 5 watt wimpy inverter or it will not go well for you. A 7.5kv neg ion generator can be used as a nasty transformer.

Good to know. I would imagine it could be quite the jolt.:eek:

Syn7
03-27-2013, 04:31 PM
Good to know. I would imagine it could be quite the jolt.:eek:

Yeah, I mean, a 9v battery wont even work with a 75w inverter. Whatever is used, just make sure it isn't a large AC source. And my god DO NOT plug it into the wall lest you will be given the jolt of your lifetime. 7500v is no joke, even with the low amperage.

It takes roughly 20mA to stop a human heart. Under the right conditions it doesn't take much.

I used to build towers, I spent most of my time building the substation and the genset. Basically its a room sized unit that powers the whole building. One rookie dropped a panel cover into it and it landed across two busbars. Ugh, we were cleaning black of the walls for days. Luckily no injuries. Just ringing ears and a big dot on everything you focus on. :D I'm just glad I was elsewhere at the time. But man, what a mess. The panel cover ceased to exist. We couldn't even really find that much shrapnel. We accounted for about 10% of it, roughly.

Scott R. Brown
03-27-2013, 04:31 PM
....... :o .......

BTW, are you the same Syn7 I am having a conversation with on two or three other threads or are you all different people?

Syn7
03-27-2013, 04:32 PM
BTW, are you the same Syn7 I am having a conversation with on two or three other threads or are you all different people?

Same body, multiple personalities. Can you tell which one is in crisis?

Scott R. Brown
03-27-2013, 04:34 PM
Same body, multiple personalities. Can you tell which one is in crisis?

It is pretty obvious, the one on the left!

GoldenBrain
03-27-2013, 04:37 PM

No kidding! He's fast isn't he? I think that should easily qualify him as a geniusist.:D

Scott R. Brown
03-27-2013, 04:42 PM
No kidding! He's fast isn't he? I think that should easily qualify him as a geniusist.:D

Well of course I set the standard!

But there are a number of close seconds, and in the geniusist business, second to the standard is almost like being the standard, except not!

So, there you go then!;)

Syn7
03-27-2013, 04:44 PM

Ha, I'm just using teh internetz to wind down after an intensive several hour session of advanced theory.

I find this place dumbs me back down just enough so that I can relax enough to get a paper around some ganja.

Syn7
03-27-2013, 04:45 PM
It is pretty obvious, the one on the left!

Ugh, I feel so translucent!

GoldenBrain
03-27-2013, 04:47 PM
well of course i set the standard!

But there are a number of close seconds, and in the geniusist business, second to the standard is almost like being the standard, except not!

So, there you go then!;)

***** :) *****

Scott R. Brown
03-27-2013, 04:48 PM
Ha, I'm just using teh internetz to wind down after an intensive several hour session of advanced theory.

I find this place dumbs me back down just enough so that I can relax enough to get a paper around some ganja.

Yeah, I am using it to relax from my strenuous vacation!

A true geniusist knows that dumbing down is actually a ruse used to wisen up more later!

Your right side personality I am sure knows this, while it is your left one that likes to look at bright lights!;)

Syn7
03-27-2013, 04:49 PM
Yeah, I am using it to relax from my strenuous vacation!

A true geniusist knows that dumbing down is actually a ruse used to wisen up more later!

Your right side personality I am sure knows this, while it is your left one that likes to look at bright lights!;)

Yeah, I like to lower the standard so I feel special every now and then.

Have you seen that weapon called the dazzler?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dazzler_(weapon)

I tried to make one. Ended up being more of a party favor. That **** didn't make me pass out till after I did the drugs!

Scott R. Brown
03-27-2013, 04:50 PM
Ugh, I feel so translucent!

Except for your guts, that parrot beak, and that large eye that keeps looking at me!

Or am I thinking of a squid?:confused:

Scott R. Brown
03-27-2013, 04:52 PM
Yeah, I like to lower the standard so I feel special every now and then.

If you set no standards you can never get any lower than you are at the moment, but then again you can get no higher either, and that is called being in TAO!

Or something like that, it could be laying in bull$hit too, I keep getting the two confused!

But that is part of my geniusistness!:cool::D;)

Syn7
03-27-2013, 04:53 PM
If you set no standards you can never get any lower than you are at the moment, but then again you can get no higher either, and that is called being in TAO!

Or something like that, it could be laying in bull$hit too, I keep getting the two confused!

Fine line.

Scott R. Brown
03-27-2013, 04:55 PM
Have you seen that weapon called the dazzler?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dazzler_(weapon)

I tried to make one. Ended up being more of a party favor. That **** didn't make me pass out till after I did the drugs!

Yeah, they stole that idea from Liberace's costumes!

They never could make one that plays the piano though or it would make the ultimate weapon.....

......against over-weight, middle age, bored, women!

Scott R. Brown
03-27-2013, 04:57 PM

Fine line.

You may thank my sifu called, The Ancient One!

He was very wise!

Syn7
03-27-2013, 05:25 PM
Aww ****, I really am a troll. :(

GoldenBrain
03-27-2013, 05:54 PM
Aww ****, I really am a troll. :(

TROLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!! :eek: Grab the torches!!!

pazman
03-27-2013, 06:40 PM
I assume you are confirming me as being a 'troll'. Is that correct, Pazman? Do you feel that the intent of my posts is inflammatory, provocative, or an attempt to provoke an emotional response or that I am disrupting normal on-topic discussion? If so, I am really sorry because you must be on-topic with this post declaring to everyone I am troll. I shall no longer disrupt your clear and lucid on-topic discussion on this thread. All the best. Have safe and excellent training.
SKM

Hey, I'm sorry. There's no need to get all upset. Please stay.

And tell us more about your frustrations with hyper-dimensional physics.

GoldenBrain
03-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Hey, I'm sorry. There's no need to get all upset. Please stay.

And tell us more about your frustrations with hyper-dimensional physics.

Now that's the spirit paz.

I think SKM has as much right to his "alternative musings" (as DJ put it) as anybody else on these forums. He seems like a nice enough fella and wasn't antagonistic or anything so all is well. I personally like to entertain alternative lines of thinking at least until I can totally trounce them with logic.

That's the great thing about being a golden brain or one with balanced hemispheric dominance. I get to exercise both the logical and creative sides of my brain with equal measure. Sometimes it's a bit of a challenge as to which side will win but that's the nature of the beast I guess.

SKM I think you should stick around and muse on if you like.

EarthDragon
03-28-2013, 01:09 AM
SKM please continue I find your posts refreshing and educational. thank you

Syn7
03-28-2013, 01:27 PM
Yall should totally have a circle jerk. :p

pazman
03-28-2013, 01:49 PM
Does qi have anything to do with quantum mechanics?

lkfmdc
03-28-2013, 01:54 PM
ancient chi wisdom says

學生問他師父,"何時被師父?"大師回答說:"時可以拋光朽木,你會成為主!"

pazman
03-28-2013, 02:08 PM
ancient chi wisdom says

學生問他師父,"何時被師父?"大師回答說:"時可以拋光朽木,你會成為主!"

This treasure of wisdom will surely improve us all.:D

Syn7
03-28-2013, 02:14 PM
Does qi have anything to do with quantum mechanics?

No. And Richard Hoagland is insane. What is it about pseudo science that attracts people so much. Real science is more than interesting enough.

pazman
03-28-2013, 02:24 PM
No. And Richard Hoagland is insane. What is it about pseudo science that attracts people so much. Real science is more than interesting enough.

But I'm pretty sure quantum mechanics and hyper-dimensional physics has something to do with qi, because I saw some people on youtube, who have probably never cracked open a book on physics and probably forgot their algebra, say so.

http://www.charlesatlas.com/images/arms_crossed_color_final.gif

Syn7
03-28-2013, 11:24 PM
But I'm pretty sure quantum mechanics and hyper-dimensional physics has something to do with qi, because I saw some people on youtube, who have probably never cracked open a book on physics and probably forgot their algebra, say so.

Well.... When you put it that way. I'm sure it's all the same. Internet connection vs. phd... meh, same thing. What kind of idiot spends good money on an education when they can just use wikipedia and geocities pages made by community college dropouts sponging off their family while they write their brilliant blogs.

http://wtfhub.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/haters-gonna-hate-eagle.jpg

Scott R. Brown
03-29-2013, 12:52 AM

The problem with today's under-educated youth, is that they think just because its on the internet, it MUST be true!

I got a 12" D!CK!!

There....it is officially on the internet, therefore its true!!

You may now all bow down to my superior manhoodliness!:cool: