PDA

View Full Version : CLF Demo Vid

Hebrew Hammer
03-26-2013, 05:28 PM
Here's another great demo vid from my old Sifu Thomas Fuhr (he's in the all black silk)...great chin na, weapons, pairs, and some monkey form in here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZfEsptL_p4

Enjoy...

Hebrew Hammer
03-27-2013, 10:08 PM
90 views and zero comments? Oh reaaaheaaallly?

David Jamieson
03-28-2013, 05:06 AM
One comment.

I wish they wouldn't hit blade on blade. I literally cringe when I see that.
The rest looks like a kung fu training session that is quite typical of a mixed age school.

Hebrew Hammer
03-28-2013, 11:13 AM
Dave, I'm never gonna make you happy! :D But thanks for commenting...interesting perspective, I agree those blades were not made for full contact. I'm probably not impartial here but I think the vid is better than most and it's rare to find CLF gems.

sanjuro_ronin
03-28-2013, 11:21 AM
I like demos videos like that.
They give a nice balanced look at the system and school.
I would only suggest that they add some sparring to it.

Snipsky
03-28-2013, 11:23 AM
Dave, I'm never gonna make you happy! But thanks for commenting...interesting perspective, I agree those blades were not made for full contact. I'm probably not impartial here but I think the vid is better than most and it's rare to find CLF gems.

it was really long. Master Fuhr is really good. but i'd like to see more realistic combat. Stereotypical CLF is great but i really love the combat side of it more.

5thBrother
03-29-2013, 01:18 AM
Thanks for sharing! :)

Frost
03-30-2013, 01:22 PM
honestly i hate demos like this, 11minutes long and about 35 secs of partner work, against an opponent not really fighting back and no actual contact being made at all

I mean they are having fun and enjoying themselves but really nothing martial there to talk about

YouKnowWho
03-30-2013, 02:12 PM
All demo are 1/2 fake and 1/2 real. The

- 1/2 fake is your opponent gives you that opportunity.
- 1/2 real is you have to finish it.

If your opponent

- help you to finish it, that's 100% fake.
- doesn't give you the chance, that's called "fighting" and not "demo".

Robinhood
03-30-2013, 07:29 PM
I don't know what you are wanting to hear , but fair as far as demo goes, good for attracting new students who don't know that doing those movement's will do next to nothing to prepare you for real person.

But is good exercise never the less, and will give you motivation to exercise, and hopefully you will not find out the hard way that you still can't fight with any skill.

JPinAZ
04-02-2013, 11:17 AM
I like demos videos like that.
They give a nice balanced look at the system and school.
I would only suggest that they add some sparring to it.

I agree with this. Great video to watch and gives a good idea of what the training would be like. Just wish there was sparring in it to show realistic application side of things, even if it's jsut a small smippet at the end. Not saying this school doesn't have realistic sparring as part of their training, it's just not hinted at in the clip.

Snipsky
04-02-2013, 11:49 AM
I don't know what you are wanting to hear , but fair as far as demo goes, good for attracting new students who don't know that doing those movement's will do next to nothing to prepare you for real person.

But is good exercise never the less, and will give you motivation to exercise, and hopefully you will not find out the hard way that you still can't fight with any skill.

you should be very angry at your teacher. serious. you have issues. Wing Chun is the worst of the worst in that case.