PDA

View Full Version : Got my Shuai Jiao Black Belt

wiz cool c
04-02-2013, 07:39 PM
Got my Shuai jiao Black belt last week,from Yao Hongang my coach and good friend. Pro fighter, former Legends champion,international shuai jiao champion,and soon to be the second chinese ufc fighter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Noa8-3O0oVA

Subitai
04-02-2013, 07:44 PM
Awesome! Way to GO!!!

"O"

YouKnowWho
04-02-2013, 07:45 PM
Congratulation! Will it be OK to share your black belt testing requirement?

wiz cool c
04-02-2013, 08:25 PM
thanks. basically about three years ago before i moved from beijing to shenzhen,me and yao had a class together, i was his top student and assistant instructor. at that time he mentioned i am at about a brown belt level,and within a years time i will be at black belt level. well shortly after i moved to shenzhen.

while in shenzhen,i was forced to teach a few martial arts buddies and train with them, seek out some local judo clubs to maintain what i had learned. there is really no shuai jiao out here in shenzhen. and from what i hear the hong kong shuai jiao isn't very good.

recently yao came to shenzhen for about two months, and we met up four days a week and trained. we trained our basics,throws solo drills some belt cracking ,nothing too fancy, yao has taught me just about everything he knows in shuai jiao.

we spared every class,mostly[qiang shou]grip sparring, cause we are both recovering from knee surgery. sometime yao would throw me,but i wouldn't attempt any throws on him cause his recovery is still in the early stages. the second to last day before he left shenzhen,he had one of his hong kong student come down to train and have a little match. the next day he awarded me my black belt.

Scott R. Brown
04-02-2013, 10:01 PM
Well that is totally wiz cool!!!!!:)

Congratulations!:):)

wiz cool c
04-02-2013, 10:06 PM
thanks mr brown.

EarthDragon
04-03-2013, 04:06 AM
congratulations young man. now its time to begin to learn

Kellen Bassette
04-03-2013, 05:17 AM
Congratulations man!

Dale Dugas
04-03-2013, 05:41 AM
Congratulations on your promotion to Black Belt!

sanjuro_ronin
04-03-2013, 06:11 AM
Congrats, when are you gonna take up a REAL MA?
:D

wiz cool c
04-03-2013, 06:19 AM
congratulations young man. now its time to begin to learn

i don't know how young 42 is ;)

SevenStar
04-03-2013, 06:24 AM
Congrats! Now, you must consider what sanjuro said - take up a real ma. Perhaps you can find a decent shaolin do school in China...:D

wiz cool c
04-03-2013, 06:29 AM
i did i found a new teacher a while back,the old one wasn't too bad . he taught me some good rutines basics and forms. but yeah that school was a bit commercial.

Vash
04-03-2013, 07:30 AM
Congratulations!

David Jamieson
04-03-2013, 08:53 AM
Hey congrats!
Good for you man!

Lucas
04-03-2013, 08:56 AM
good job man! whats the inside scoop with yao and ufc? :D

YouKnowWho
04-03-2013, 09:31 AM
i did i found a new teacher a while back,the old one wasn't too bad . he taught me some good rutines basics and forms. but yeah that school was a bit commercial.

Have you ever met any "心意六合 (XingYi Liu He)" teacher in China? That will be a style I love to train. I have always believd this is the best TCMA "power generation" system. They train a lot of drills (not forms) and that's what I like about it. A very powerful style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b03GTXoxX5Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1bQ6kvMMAY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpOghc5ZZkM

wiz cool c
04-04-2013, 05:05 AM
[QUOTE=YouKnowWho;1223826]Have you ever met any "心意六合 (XingYi Liu He)" teacher in China? That will be a style I love to train. I have always believd this is the best TCMA "power generation" system. They train a lot of drills (not forms) and that's what I like about it. A very powerful style.

i never heard of it but i asked my teacher about it today. he said it is a two man set with a lot of grappling in it. and that in shaolin it takes 6 years to learn don't think he teaches it.

EarthDragon
04-04-2013, 05:13 AM
sorry wiz anyone younger than me I call young man out of politeness. LOL take it as a compliment you don't look 42 that's good thing. I don't feel look 50

wiz cool c
04-04-2013, 05:19 AM
good job man! whats the inside scoop with yao and ufc? :D

he is being prepped for the ufc. last year they sent him to train with frank mir,to improve his skills. they want more chinese fighters in the ufc. and yao is from the same training camp as Zhang Tie Quan[ correct me if i m wrong]this is the only chinese fighter in the ufc. i dont remeber the guys name i searched it.but i know yao is from the same camp as the chinese fighter in the ufc.

and yao being from a shuai jiao makes him especially interesting. he has to win two more fights ,then he should be in. and i am in the process of making hsi ring entrance fight song for him. he goes by the name the master. you best believe there will be some last dragon samples in that.

wiz cool c
04-04-2013, 05:21 AM
sorry wiz anyone younger than me I call young man out of politeness. LOL take it as a compliment you don't look 42 that's good thing. I don't feel look 50

ok thank you sir

-N-
04-04-2013, 06:46 AM
Have you ever met any "心意六合 (XingYi Liu He)" teacher in China? That will be a style I love to train. I have always believd this is the best TCMA "power generation" system. They train a lot of drills (not forms) and that's what I like about it. A very powerful style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b03GTXoxX5Y

A lot of the elements in this clip are in your Mantis. You wouldn't just drill your Mantis?

That's a good clip for technical discussion.

You should start another thread :)

Lucas
04-04-2013, 08:43 AM
he is being prepped for the ufc. last year they sent him to train with frank mir,to improve his skills. they want more chinese fighters in the ufc. and yao is from the same training camp as Zhang Tie Quan[ correct me if i m wrong]this is the only chinese fighter in the ufc. i dont remeber the guys name i searched it.but i know yao is from the same camp as the chinese fighter in the ufc.

and yao being from a shuai jiao makes him especially interesting. he has to win two more fights ,then he should be in. and i am in the process of making hsi ring entrance fight song for him. he goes by the name the master. you best believe there will be some last dragon samples in that.

sweeet thanks for the info man. i liked the fights i watched of yao i hope he does well.

GeneChing
04-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Awesome pic. :cool:

wiz cool c
04-04-2013, 05:58 PM
thanks Gene

jimbob
04-05-2013, 05:05 AM
Congratulations mate!

TaichiMantis
04-05-2013, 12:32 PM
Congrats! Now work harder :D

Syn7
04-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Well done. :)

ShaolinDan
04-11-2013, 12:33 AM
Nice job. Gratz man.

wiz cool c
04-11-2013, 06:21 AM
thank you kung fu brothers

GoldenBrain
04-11-2013, 10:34 AM
A hearty congrats to you sir, and a virtual pat on the back!

I loves me some Shuai Jiao so I hope Yao does really well in the UFC.