PDA

View Full Version : New China KF movie trailers

Jimbo
04-09-2013, 07:13 PM
From executive producer Sharon Yang Pan-Pan (Cantonese: Yeung Pan-Pan). Trailers for:
Unbeatable Youth
Times of Warlords
Heroes Amidst Turmoil
The Brave Has No Fears (sic)

Besides Fan Siu-Wong getting plenty of work in these, I also spotted Chen Kuan-Tai and Ku Feng.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMsJ_33UZYU&sns=em

I'm not sure how good they are, but at least there are more new, lesser-known KF movies being made. They don't appear to have any originality, though, and seem to over-emphasize Wing Chun.

One thing I've noticed about the current trend in most new KF films is the fight scenes all seem to go at the same tempo. But IMO, the very best fight scenes contain variable rhythm, varied speeds, proper build-up, etc., especially the one-on-one fights. Watch the best old-school work by Bruce Lee, Sammo Hung/Jackie Chan, Lau Kar-Leung, etc. Bruce Lee, in turn, had adapted influences from Japanese samurai films to onscreen empty-hand fighting. They combined emotional intensity, stillness, slowness, feints, single moves, sudden explosiveness, fast-paced combos, big finishers, etc. But nowadays it's mostly similar-looking, non-stop flurries; lots of movement, but little emotional content. Donnie Yen, when at his best, is one of the few exceptions still actively making films.

CLFNole
04-10-2013, 07:59 PM
Looks like they signed the same actors to multi-picture deals andsaved money on costumes, which seem to be the same from movie to movie for certain actors (Oh Kar Lin for example).

Sure this isn' just one movie in different parts like a Tarentino film?