PDA

View Full Version : Ving Tsun Vanderhoof

Happy Tiger
04-10-2013, 07:12 PM
Well, I've got the go ahead to start a 'toned down' Ving Tsun' course at a community drop in located in Vanderhoof B.C. I won't be charging anything since the folks that come here usually don't have much money.I'll report more if and when the group gets going.

BPWT
04-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Good luck!:)

How do you plan to teach? I'm guessing people would come and go, week to week, month to month - or do you think you'll get regular attendance?

Happy Tiger
04-11-2013, 08:11 AM
Good luck!:)

How do you plan to teach? I'm guessing people would come and go, week to week, month to month - or do you think you'll get regular attendance?
Thanks BPWT.
Well, my idea in this environment and with these mostly tough youths, is to offer a modular course of aprox. 3 months introducing the students to martial science/arts in general. Starting them off on an overview of the different kinds of martial arts and ideas of what they mean. Developing a base of safety, fitness and basic technology to prepare willing students for further study. Field trips to martial arts clubs ( Karate, jiu jitsu, RCMP hand to hand training etc.) to see how they differ and to ecourage students to feel what's right for them.
For students that show continuing intrest in VT let them focus on our art. Those that show curiosity in other MA 's guide them to the right teachers to pursue their intrest.

Grumblegeezer
04-11-2013, 10:09 AM
Happy: Good on you, mate. Sounds like it should go over well. Keep us posted down the road.

BPWT
04-11-2013, 10:11 AM
Yes - keep us posted. Really an interesting project. :)

poulperadieux
04-11-2013, 10:36 AM
Bonne Chance !

anerlich
04-11-2013, 06:34 PM
Good luck with it.

k gledhill
04-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Thanks BPWT.
Well, my idea in this environment and with these mostly tough youths, is to offer a modular course of aprox. 3 months introducing the students to martial science/arts in general. Starting them off on an overview of the different kinds of martial arts and ideas of what they mean. Developing a base of safety, fitness and basic technology to prepare willing students for further study. Field trips to martial arts clubs ( Karate, jiu jitsu, RCMP hand to hand training etc.) to see how they differ and to ecourage students to feel what's right for them.
For students that show continuing intrest in VT let them focus on our art. Those that show curiosity in other MA 's guide them to the right teachers to pursue their intrest.

Good luck, I started working with a guy who deals with gang " youth " , he also attempts to give them some sort of direction. Peer pressure is hard to deal with when it comes to heroin, crack, meth and a gun.

Happy Tiger
04-12-2013, 06:28 AM
Good luck, I started working with a guy who deals with gang " youth " , he also attempts to give them some sort of direction. Peer pressure is hard to deal with when it comes to heroin, crack, meth and a gun.
Thanks all. This is where I come from. These are the fighters I know. Many ,their heart is warrior,
and will do well to know the code.

Graham H
04-12-2013, 06:44 AM
Do they know the green cross code?

Happy Tiger
04-12-2013, 06:48 AM
Do they know the green cross code?Hahahah,round here, yer more likely to be hit by a train.