PDA

View Full Version : Traveler or Dimension Police

enoajnin
04-11-2013, 11:40 AM
I just saw this trailer. It has a high quotient of girls in short skirts kicking ass all surrounded by ridiculous special effects. It is a joint Taiwan/Japanese production brought to you by by Koichi Sakamato, one of the founding members of Alpha Stunts.

Travelers: Jigen Keisatsu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QhxmKqIpo58)

Jimbo
04-11-2013, 01:20 PM
Looks interesting.

Since it's a joint Japan/Taiwan production, I was trying to determine if the scenes in the ancient Chinese-looking sets were filmed at the old "movie town" sets located in the Taipei suburb of Wai-Shuang-Hsi. Or if, indeed, that movie town even exists anymore. The little glimpses of the Chinese sets in the trailer are too brief. Those movie sets are very familiar in the countless period KF films from Taiwan from the 1970s and early '80s. It was Taiwan's less-glamourous version of Shaw Brothers' movie town.

Those sets were still intact and in use in the '80s for both films and TV series, when I visited them on two occasions, though some of the buildings seemed in disrepair. That town/village was open to the public, unless filming was taking olace. I haven't been able to find any info on it for some years, though.