PDA

View Full Version : I like these exercises

SavvySavage
04-15-2013, 04:42 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq5iJUQQL6s&feature=related

The women in the video are hot!
I believe including these in your repertoire are very important to learning how to put your whole body into anything you are doing including martial arts.

There are a lot of guys here who advocate powerlifting as your main form of resistance training. It would be interesting to see how many of these body weight guys can powerlifting and how many power lifters can do the stuff in this video. I believe more of the people on this video can powerlift than vica-versa.

I think they're all idiots for standing around and getting sun burn.

wenshu
04-16-2013, 06:00 AM
steroids + underdeveloped glutes = a ****load of crappy, truncated range of motion pull ups and push ups.

Frost
04-16-2013, 07:37 AM
heres a 270 pound powerlifter doing 22 chinups in a row
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjdORPv8FgE

here he is pullying over 800 pounds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCg-tPSf55E&list=UUrWy9f-SUB7ABhtuuuHwDww&index=1

same guy benching over 600
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd6STXE2qZM&list=UUrWy9f-SUB7ABhtuuuHwDww&index=9

how many of those guys on the beach do you think could do that? who would you rather have hit you, or watching your back in a fight

sanjuro_ronin
04-16-2013, 07:50 AM
You guys crack me up, LOL !
Most of you misconceptions would be done with if you ever went to a decent gym.

Scott R. Brown
04-16-2013, 08:01 AM
So far, I haven't seen anything I wasn't already doing, and doing better, over 30 years ago!

sanjuro_ronin
04-16-2013, 08:05 AM
So far, I haven't seen anything I wasn't already doing, and doing better, over 30 years ago!

Remember the stuff that Franco Colombo used to do?

Scott R. Brown
04-16-2013, 08:07 AM
Remember the stuff that Franco Colombo used to do?

You mean the deadlift for triples with 770#?

Or hanging upside down from his feet?

I used to do that too, but I weighed 60-80 lbs less than him, LOL!;)

.....and I would also hang upside from one foot!:eek:

sanjuro_ronin
04-16-2013, 08:14 AM
You mean the deadlift for triples with 770#?

Or hanging upside down from his feet?

I used to do that too, but I weighed 60-80 lbs less than him, LOL!;)

.....and I would also hang upside from one foot!:eek:

Don't forget bursting a hot water bottle by blowing in it.

Scott R. Brown
04-16-2013, 08:16 AM
Don't forget bursting a hot water bottle by blowing in it.

Oh Yeah! I did forget that one!

Frost
04-16-2013, 08:19 AM
how about the time he trained stallone for rocky 3 and got his fat percentages so low stallone would forget where he parked his car and be found hours later wondering around the car park , he would be that carb deplenished :)

sanjuro_ronin
04-16-2013, 08:25 AM
Size just makes you weak !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOCVo_gLoCo

sanjuro_ronin
04-16-2013, 08:26 AM
and slow !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qUmK2Wptfk

Frost
04-16-2013, 08:35 AM
and slow !

well he didnt win......:eek:

Scott R. Brown
04-16-2013, 08:43 AM
Then there is Jack LaLanne doing a back bend:

http://www.trbimg.com/img/turbine/la-jack-lalanne1930s_j5aob5nc/620

Scott R. Brown
04-16-2013, 08:45 AM
Apparently it is Harold Zinkin doing the back bend. Jack is standing in the middle!

wenshu
04-16-2013, 08:47 AM
who would you rather have . . . watching your back in a fight

Neither.

Speaking of steroids, holy ****balls.

Those guys in the first video are almost as gay as bodybuilders; they just need some thongs, bronzer and baby oil.

sanjuro_ronin
04-16-2013, 08:54 AM
Neither.

Speaking of steroids, holy ****balls.

Those guys in the first video are almost as gay as bodybuilders; they just need some thongs, bronzer and baby oil.

Your just mad because you never invested in tanners and baby oil !
:p

wenshu
04-16-2013, 09:10 AM
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/user_photos/1170850/BoehnerJohnCrying_width_600x.jpeg

Bernard
04-16-2013, 09:20 AM

and slow !

Are these guys the exception rather than the rule? I personally don't know anyone that big who can move that fast. Then there is the question of how many of these guys are free of performance enhancers.

sanjuro_ronin
04-16-2013, 09:29 AM
Are these guys the exception rather than the rule? I personally don't know anyone that big who can move that fast. Then there is the question of how many of these guys are free of performance enhancers.

Elite level athletes, regardless of the sport, are never the norm.
That said, that strength training protocols like power power lifting and Olympic lifts ARE used by the elite in virtually every sport nowadays speaks volumes.

We need to compare apples with apples and oranges with oranges and just as you do NOT take a gymnast and show how little he can bench press, you don't take a power lifter and show that the can't do an iron cross.

Different activities need different strength training protocols and different stages of the athletes development.

Ronnie Coleman, one of the biggest and most successful BB ever can do the splits without any effort, Olympic weight lifters are amongst some of the most flexible athletes around ( outside those that train exclusively for flexibility), all that means is that those two very different strength protocols ( BB and OL) do NOT hinder flexibility.

When I did rehab on my shoulder, part of it was doing push ups on those swiss balls. I had never done a push up on one, ever.
First time I did it I did 8 before I lost balance, next time I did 15 and then 25.

You get good ad doing things by *gasp* doing them.

sanjuro_ronin
04-16-2013, 09:34 AM
another example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KY0zDr5t-E

sanjuro_ronin
04-16-2013, 09:44 AM
Now, I personally do love seeing people do cool **** like one arm push ups and acrobatic ****, especially stuff I can't do.
That said, if I recall the past year and all the "everyday" things I had to do, there are things I have NEVER had to even try to do ( though I do tem when I train sometimes):
Run more than a few minutes
do a handstand
one arm push up
One arm pull up or chin
DO the splits

Here are things I have HAD to do:
Lift both my kids
Lift my wife
Lift my dad who is in a wheel chair
Move a stove, fridge, compressed air cylinders.
Sprint for the bus or train
Punch an alien in the face
Carry groceries and one of my kids
Carry both kids up the stairs while they were sleeping.
Carry wife up the stairs cause I am romantic :D

In short, in the past year I have had to rely on strength and speed more than on anything else.

Just saying.

bawang
04-16-2013, 09:54 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq5iJUQQL6s&feature=related

The women in the video are hot!
I believe including these in your repertoire are very important to learning how to put your whole body into anything you are doing including martial arts.

There are a lot of guys here who advocate powerlifting as your main form of resistance training. It would be interesting to see how many of these body weight guys can powerlifting and how many power lifters can do the stuff in this video. I believe more of the people on this video can powerlift than vica-versa.

I think they're all idiots for standing around and getting sun burn.

newsflash: traditional kung fu lift heavy weights

if you dont lift weights, you betray kung fu.

Brule
04-16-2013, 10:01 AM
Now, I personally do love seeing people do cool **** like one arm push ups and acrobatic ****, especially stuff I can't do.
That said, if I recall the past year and all the "everyday" things I had to do, there are things I have NEVER had to even try to do ( though I do tem when I train sometimes):
Run more than a few minutes
do a handstand
one arm push up
One arm pull up or chin
DO the splits

Here are things I have HAD to do:
Lift both my kids
Lift my wife
Lift my dad who is in a wheel chair
Move a stove, fridge, compressed air cylinders.
Sprint for the bus or train
Punch an alien in the face
Carry groceries and one of my kids
Carry both kids up the stairs while they were sleeping.

In short, in the past year I have had to rely on strength and speed more than on anything else.

Just saying.

oh yeah, well this past Saturday I've had to carry my four kids from the van to their beds and my wife while they all slept. And because I didn't want to go outside I also carried in the 24 case of beer (albeit it was light beer) but you get the point. Ha there you go sucka !!!

wenshu
04-16-2013, 10:33 AM

That is impressive; frost is 230!

David Jamieson
04-16-2013, 10:45 AM
This is when it get's hilarious...

KrottyBottyBuilder (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv5qb8T3Hto)

bawang
04-16-2013, 10:55 AM
This is when it get's hilarious...

KrottyBottyBuilder (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv5qb8T3Hto)

imagine if he trains lama pai

he would be unstoppable

Bernard
04-16-2013, 10:56 AM
I wonder though, what the results would be if you had two athletes of similar abilities and then put them on two different weight training protocols. One power lifting and the other BB (size) protocol. Who would have better results?

bawang
04-16-2013, 10:57 AM
I wonder though, what the results would be if you had two athletes of similar abilities and then put them on two different weight training protocols. One power lifting and the other BB (size) protocol. Who would have better results?

how is life in 1956?

Frost
04-16-2013, 11:09 AM

LMAO whilst i do like to role aound with men on the floor, and have worn a singlet in powerlifting comps i can assure you im not married to paul or any other man :)

David Jamieson
04-16-2013, 12:14 PM
imagine if he trains lama pai

he would be unstoppable

I'm just amazed by the eyebrow thing he's got going on.
It's like, he wants to be Lou Ferigno or something.

His "krotty" is comedy gold though.

sanjuro_ronin
04-16-2013, 12:15 PM

BBWWAHAHH !!!
:mad:

sanjuro_ronin
04-16-2013, 12:18 PM

Well, the athlete doing powerlifting would get stronger and, depending on his diet, may or may not have an increase in weight and muscle mass.
The one doing BB would have a greater increase in muscle mass and an increase in strength but not as much as the powerlifter.
All things being equal.
So, who would have better results?
Depends on what results you were trying to get of course.

Bernard
04-16-2013, 01:01 PM
Well, the athlete doing powerlifting would get stronger and, depending on his diet, may or may not have an increase in weight and muscle mass.
The one doing BB would have a greater increase in muscle mass and an increase in strength but not as much as the powerlifter.
All things being equal.
So, who would have better results?
Depends on what results you were trying to get of course.

Thank you. I meant results as applied to improving the performance of an athlete's chosen sport/field.

sanjuro_ronin
04-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Thank you. I meant results as applied to improving the performance of an athlete's chosen sport/field.

I would THINK that the powerlifting protocol would, typically, yield the better results since pretty much every sport uses strength of some sort and an increase to an athletes "pure strength" level would be beneficial.
Not all sports are best served with an increase in muscle mass.

SavvySavage
04-16-2013, 05:16 PM
newsflash: traditional kung fu lift heavy weights

if you dont lift weights, you betray kung fu.

Bawang,

Lifting your own body weight is lifting weight.

bawang
04-16-2013, 08:27 PM
Bawang,

Lifting your own body weight is lifting weight.

a complete martial artists doesnt train what he wants to do, he trains what he needs to do.

SavvySavage
04-16-2013, 08:58 PM
a complete martial artists doesnt train what he wants to do, he trains what he needs to do.

Please elaborate.

You're saying instead of push ups I should be trying to increase my max bench weight?

bawang
04-16-2013, 09:03 PM
Please elaborate.

You're saying instead of push ups I should be trying to increase my max bench weight?

traditionally after one year you would start putting a stone slab on your back. this is songshan shaolin protocol.

pazman
04-16-2013, 09:27 PM
Please elaborate.

Why would pushups be better than trying to increase your max bench?

sanjuro_ronin
04-17-2013, 05:21 AM
Please elaborate.

To build strength you need to progressively increase the resistance your muscles are working against.
IN the case of push-ups, you would either need to gain weight or add weight to your own bodyweight.
EX:
You can wear a weighted vest
You can put weights on your back

Or you can use a barbell or dumbells.

Doing more push-ups means that you have more muscular endurance but not more "pure strength" ( How much you can actually lift).

EX:
Who is stronger?
The guy that can do 60 push ups but can't left a fridge.
The guy who can do 30 but can lift a fridge?

The second guy is stronger because he can lift more weight, the first guy has more muscle endurance because he can do more push-ups.

To get stronger in the pushing away from your chest range of motion ( like the push up and bench press) you have to increase to amount of weight you can push, NOT how MANY TIMES you can push a weight that you already can push form double digit reps.

sanjuro_ronin
04-17-2013, 05:23 AM
In short we have different types of strength:

Pure strength - how much we can lift
Endurance strength - how many times we can lift it
Speed strength - How fast we can lift it or, more correctly, how fast we can do any given movement.

The above are very general descriptions of course.

Scott R. Brown
04-17-2013, 08:42 AM
So.....

Who has more muscle endurance, the guy who can do 60 pushups or the guy who can lift a refrigerator 60 times?:confused:

sanjuro_ronin
04-17-2013, 08:47 AM
So.....

Who has more muscle endurance, the guy who can do 60 pushups or the guy who can lift a refrigerator 60 times?:confused:

you have to honestly compare on a equal basis, ie: the same activity.

bawang
04-17-2013, 11:31 AM
in ancient china muscle is a matter of money and nutrition. the richest martial artists who could afford the elaborate wooden exercise machines and eat tons of meat, did so. all the imperial guards were huge and strong. warriors who had big muscles became so famous they became minor gods.

if you are scared of the gym, are lazy, or have been traumatized by muscle bully in childhood, feel free to avoid the gym, but dont use kung fu to justify your fear, dont twist kung fu into your girly man club.

if you are scared of lifting weights, it will hold back your progress as a martial artists.

Sardinkahnikov
04-17-2013, 01:06 PM
Weight lifting is for pussies:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX7p3jfr0mA

sanjuro_ronin
04-17-2013, 01:09 PM

I knew this girl that...

pazman
04-17-2013, 01:47 PM
In short we have different types of strength:

Pure strength - how much we can lift
Endurance strength - how many times we can lift it
Speed strength - How fast we can lift it or, more correctly, how fast we can do any given movement.

The above are very general descriptions of course.

This is true, but if you are talking to a person who's never done a proper strength training regimen, worrying about the differences is really out of order. If they think that pushups and stance training is somehow comparable to weightlifting, it's a bit like an obese person worrying about what supplements to take. "Pure strength" is basis for all else.

Lucas
04-17-2013, 02:02 PM
I think where a lot of the 'dont lift weights' crowd stems from may not always be more than just a tradition, but those traditions, from what ive seen/exerienced usually stem from:

disconnected body movements. sometimes you get really strong guys who are new to martial arts, and while they are strong, they have build their strength entirely out of targeted movements, and have not as of yet attained that full body movement unity that you seek in the martial arts. especially focused on in internal arts from day one. thats why this is more often than not an internal outlook. guys like that, from my experience, have a hard time re training their bodies to not move in a disconnected fashion.

Most of all the strength conditioning you do in an internal martial art style are all aimed at using your entire body as a single unit. from the very beginning, and have a very strong emphasis on this for the entirety of your training. in addition, these conditioning practices are aimed directly at application and usage of the style itself.

this is not to say that lifting is bad in anyway. i believe in lifting. but this is really where it comes from. so while this guy may be big, and strong, he is new to martial arts, and is not able to fully utilize his strength in martial application, because he has spent so many years training his body to move in these isolated sections, he now has to re-train his body to move for his new activity.

of course it really depends on WHAT TYPE of training regime they have been in.

This is NOT the case for all people who go from years of lifting to starting martial arts.

anywho, i just thot i'd drop my 2 cents by, probably not worth much but this is my take on the whole 'lifting is bad' ordeal. just based off of my personal observations.

bawang
04-17-2013, 06:21 PM
I think where a lot of the 'dont lift weights' crowd stems from may not always be more than just a tradition, but those traditions, from what ive seen/exerienced usually stem from:

it doesnt matter if weight lifting is bad or good for kung fu. traditional kung fu lift weights. if you want to follow tradition, lift weights.

sanjuro_ronin
04-18-2013, 05:24 AM

disconnected body movements. sometimes you get really strong guys who are new to martial arts, and while they are strong, they have build their strength entirely out of targeted movements, and have not as of yet attained that full body movement unity that you seek in the martial arts. especially focused on in internal arts from day one. thats why this is more often than not an internal outlook. guys like that, from my experience, have a hard time re training their bodies to not move in a disconnected fashion.

Most of all the strength conditioning you do in an internal martial art style are all aimed at using your entire body as a single unit. from the very beginning, and have a very strong emphasis on this for the entirety of your training. in addition, these conditioning practices are aimed directly at application and usage of the style itself.

this is not to say that lifting is bad in anyway. i believe in lifting. but this is really where it comes from. so while this guy may be big, and strong, he is new to martial arts, and is not able to fully utilize his strength in martial application, because he has spent so many years training his body to move in these isolated sections, he now has to re-train his body to move for his new activity.

of course it really depends on WHAT TYPE of training regime they have been in.

This is NOT the case for all people who go from years of lifting to starting martial arts.

anywho, i just thot i'd drop my 2 cents by, probably not worth much but this is my take on the whole 'lifting is bad' ordeal. just based off of my personal observations.

All those points are, as you know, based on misconceptions.
Many of them propagated by people that are trying to sell that "size doesn't matter" to their very naive students.

Brule
04-18-2013, 05:52 AM
it doesnt matter if weight lifting is bad or good for kung fu. traditional kung fu lift weights. if you want to follow tradition, lift weights.

You're lying....

http://www.hkhunggar.com/Chiu%20Wai%20877.JPG

sanjuro_ronin
04-18-2013, 05:56 AM
That was developed via standing in a horse stance and doing qigong :mad:

Brule
04-18-2013, 05:57 AM
What are those round things on the bottom right corner of the photo?

sanjuro_ronin
04-18-2013, 06:11 AM

Ancient TCMA qigong training devices used to help the circulation of chi through the body.

Frost
04-18-2013, 07:19 AM
Ancient TCMA qigong training devices used to help the circulation of chi through the body.

LMAO the first time i ever learned about heavy negatives to increase max strength was from my first kung fu master, who had been using in on the bench and squat with his fighters since the 70's lol,

Lucas
04-18-2013, 09:11 AM

I thot they were ghosts.

in other news....I heard lifting weights is bad for you. :eek:

bawang
04-18-2013, 10:28 AM

looks like giant black oriental cakes.

JSE
04-19-2013, 10:47 AM
I have always been curious if it would be more conducive to target the resistance to the movements of a martial artist.

Example: A martial artist punching and kicking using wrist weights or resistance bands or kicking. Would this not build both strength and speed?

Lucas
04-19-2013, 10:53 AM
It would, but only to a certain degree. You can only have so much weight added to your limbs before you break proper form and structure of a given technique. so while you can add weight to your limbs during training (you still have to be careful not to injure your self) you would need to at a certain point use some form of weight training to increase your strength further.

if you bench 350, you wont be standing there with 175 on each arm punching. but since punching is a full body activity, you need to do more than just bench so that the rest of yoru body is up to speed for maximum punching power.

sanjuro_ronin
04-19-2013, 10:56 AM
I have always been curious if it would be more conducive to target the resistance to the movements of a martial artist.

Example: A martial artist punching and kicking using wrist weights or resistance bands or kicking. Would this not build both strength and speed?

Resistance band yes, wrist and ankle weights no.
Bands help you work resistance through the range AND direction of the movement, weights don't because the resistance is pushing DOWN not against the direction of the punch for example.

The best exercise to strength ANY muscle is the one the strengths that muscle BEST.
First comes the strong muscle, THEN comes the application of that muscle and strength in a technique.

bawang
04-19-2013, 12:26 PM

take your ass to the gym and find out.

JSE
04-20-2013, 07:59 AM
take your ass to the gym and find out.

I did that. But your mom was there and she was so strong, I had to leave in much humility

Scott R. Brown
04-20-2013, 08:13 AM

I started rock climbing when I was 15 years old. That was not a difficult climb for anyone who knows anything about rock climbing.:(

SavvySavage
04-20-2013, 02:34 PM
Rock climbing produces good grip but mainly trains maximal strength. It is like doing a one armed pull up or an isometric hold in the pull up position but does nothing for strength endurance or speed, or explosiveness.

wenshu
04-20-2013, 03:24 PM
Rock climbing produces good grip but mainly trains maximal strength. It is like doing a one armed pull up or an isometric hold in the pull up position but does nothing for strength endurance or speed, or explosiveness.

http://pajamasalready.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/notsure.png

SavvySavage
04-20-2013, 04:19 PM
What was the message you were trying to convey with the photo?

wenshu
04-20-2013, 04:44 PM
internet ..

SavvySavage
04-20-2013, 05:30 PM
internet ..

Do you agree with my statement or disagree?

pazman
04-20-2013, 06:42 PM
Please elaborate.

I'll ask again...why would doing push ups be in an any way superior to increase max bench weight?

SavvySavage
04-20-2013, 07:10 PM
I'll ask again...why would doing push ups be in an any way superior to increase max bench weight?

One armed push ups increase pushing max strength like max benching. Which one is better? Neither, because they both train the pushing muscles. If you want to get into the NFL benching is part of the test so you have to bench.

For fighting it's not as clear which one is better. For daily life it is easier to find a place to do push ups than bench. There is no value, IMO, to being able to push so much weight over you during bench pressing. It can't be good for your shoulders.

pazman
04-20-2013, 08:22 PM
One armed push ups increase pushing max strength like max benching. Which one is better? Neither, because they both train the pushing muscles. If you want to get into the NFL benching is part of the test so you have to bench.

For fighting it's not as clear which one is better. For daily life it is easier to find a place to do push ups than bench. There is no value, IMO, to being able to push so much weight over you during bench pressing. It can't be good for your shoulders.

Wow, so much wrong with this.

Push ups and bench are very similar motions, but the idea that doing lots of push ups increases your maximum strength better than (or even the same as) bench pressing a lot of weight for low reps is laughable.

Push ups are a great exercise. I do a bunch right after I wake up. Fantastic for warm-ups, and useful in developing endurance. But lifting (or squating) for maximum weight is what develops maximum strength, and that kind of strength is the heart of every activity. I guarantee if you put yourself through a proper strength training program focusing on maximum weight, you'd see every other aspect (endurance, explosiveness, etc) improved and easier to train.

SavvySavage
04-21-2013, 04:39 AM
Wow, so much wrong with this.

Push ups and bench are very similar motions, but the idea that doing lots of push ups increases your maximum strength better than (or even the same as) bench pressing a lot of weight for low reps is laughable.

Push ups are a great exercise. I do a bunch right after I wake up. Fantastic for warm-ups, and useful in developing endurance. But lifting (or squating) for maximum weight is what develops maximum strength, and that kind of strength is the heart of every activity. I guarantee if you put yourself through a proper strength training program focusing on maximum weight, you'd see every other aspect (endurance, explosiveness, etc) improved and easier to train.

Hey buddy,

I said doing ONE ARMED PUSH UPS develops maximum strength, not doing many push ups. Many push ups develops strength endurance. If you can do many one armed push ups than you are doing it wrong. At that point you need to add weight or change the angle you're doing it at so that you can only do a few.

Doing max benches or squats will not develop explosive muscle fibers. I'm not here to be a gym head or an exercise expert like the cross for guys. My purpose in exercising is to become better at my martial art. Most of my time is spent getting conditioned while learning the skills of the martial arts I study.

Scott R. Brown
04-21-2013, 07:50 AM
Doing one armed pushups helps develop your maximal strength until you can do over 5 then it starts to turn into an endurance exercise.

Of course you can add a weight vest or have someone sit on your back as well. But, as with all exercises, you must be able to increase your resistance in order to increase your strength.

Training for rock climbing does not build maximal strength. It builds muscle endurance mostly. Most good rock climbers have to keep their weight low in order for their grips to be able to hold for long periods of time. Once again that is muscle endurance.

bawang
04-21-2013, 10:36 AM

traditional kungfu does one hand pushups. traditional kung fu also lift weights. to be a complete martial artist you must do them all.

in iron palm, you need to progress from beans to iron shots eventually. in tendon training, you need to progress from pushups to bench press eventually.

weight lifting activates your qi, your yang essence in a way that pushups cannot.

Frost
04-21-2013, 11:06 AM
Hey buddy,

Doing max benches or squats will not develop explosive muscle fibers. I'm not here to be a gym head or an exercise expert like the cross for guys. My purpose in exercising is to become better at my martial art. Most of my time is spent getting conditioned while learning the skills of the martial arts I study.

umm yes it does the stronger you get the better you are at firing the maximum amount of muscle as rapidly as possible, it also teaches the CNS to fire as quickly as possible heavy lifting is all about the fast twitch muscles, which is why its classed as alactic training

you are right at not being an exercise expert so if i was you id learn something about the subject beofre telling everyone which is the best way to train :)

ps aren't you a wing chun guy???

SavvySavage
04-21-2013, 01:33 PM
umm yes it does the stronger you get the better you are at firing the maximum amount of muscle as rapidly as possible, it also teaches the CNS to fire as quickly as possible heavy lifting is all about the fast twitch muscles, which is why its classed as alactic training

you are right at not being an exercise expert so if i was you id learn something about the subject beofre telling everyone which is the best way to train :)

ps aren't you a wing chun guy???

I did wc for awhile. Not so much these days.

Just because I don't agree with your beliefs it doesn't mean I don't know anything. There are plenty of sources that choose body weight exercises over weight lifting and vica-versa. You need to do versions of both like basing said.

bawang
04-21-2013, 02:40 PM

Just because I don't agree with your beliefs it doesn't mean I don't know anything. There are plenty of sources that choose body weight exercises over weight lifting and vica-versa. You need to do versions of both like basing said.

traditional kung fu lift weights.

Scott R. Brown
04-21-2013, 08:57 PM

It's not so much belief as established fact, however.

Frost
04-22-2013, 01:43 AM

So what traditional style are you doing now then, because most traditional styles use heavy weights, be it weapons, stone locks, stone weights etc so what traditional style do you train now?
Nope but not understanding the role maximum strength plays in explosive strength, or the way the body works does sort of give a hint that you don’t know what on earth you are talking about
And they aren’t my beliefs I have simply stated now the body responds to a heavy weight and the effect it has on the body and its CNS system