PDA

View Full Version : Great Lakes Kung Fu Championship

mooyingmantis
04-23-2013, 12:04 PM
Anyone else going to this 4/27/13? I will be going to help out.

Last year Ginosifu, Earthdragon, Shaolinrasta and I met up there and had a great time getting to know each other. It would be nice to meet other board members there.

Raipizo
04-23-2013, 02:06 PM
I'll be goin :D

mooyingmantis
04-23-2013, 02:41 PM
I'll be goin :D

Please look me up there. :)

Raipizo
04-23-2013, 03:06 PM
Definitely. Sifu Gino introduced us after his iron palm seminar back in November I believe it was if you remember that lol. The tournament is always fun, just sucks getting up so early to make it there Lol.

IronWeasel
04-23-2013, 04:07 PM
Definitely. Sifu Gino introduced us after his iron palm seminar back in November I believe it was if you remember that lol. The tournament is always fun, just sucks getting up so early to make it there Lol.

See you guys there...

BTW... 9 am is WAY too early!:p

Raipizo
04-23-2013, 07:03 PM
Finally someone understands me lol. Cool, it'll be nice meeting some of the forum members.

IronWeasel
04-23-2013, 07:25 PM
Finally someone understands me lol. Cool, it'll be nice meeting some of the forum members.

Are you competing or spectating?

MightyB
04-24-2013, 05:45 AM
won't make it this year, still learning the politics of the new job and moving, but definitely next year.

Raipizo
04-24-2013, 07:51 AM
Are you competing or spectating?

Just watching for me. Too bad MightyB :(

Shaolin Rasta
04-24-2013, 10:27 PM
Hey. Mooyingmantis! Greetings to you,sir. I believe it was the 2011 tourney that we met. Didn't get to make last year's. Won't be able to make this year's, either, I'm afraid. Way too much goin on in my world right now. But me and my little crew will make a point to be there next year! We really enjoyed it when we were there, tho. Nice to have a well established Chinese martial arts competition in our own state. Good luck to all, hosts as well as competitors!

IronWeasel
04-26-2013, 05:47 AM
Just watching for me. Too bad MightyB :(

We're gonna try to get a group together for food after, so come over when the crowd forms, and join us.

Raipizo
04-26-2013, 09:30 AM
I'll be coming with a group of 4-5, friends, girlfriend and younger brother, lol. So I don't know if I can go out after but we can still hangout :D

GeneChing
04-26-2013, 10:19 AM
Post a pic of this gathering here for us. Have fun!

Raipizo
04-26-2013, 10:22 AM
I'm sure someone will bring a camera. Then you can print the picture, dip it in nacho cheese and have a part of the fun inside you, not for all that long, but still :p

GeneChing
04-26-2013, 12:27 PM
Why on earth would any of us want any others of us inside us? Well, okay, maybe bawang might, but he wouldn't go the smooth nacho-lubed way. He'd go the SD way (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1226893#post1226893). ;)

mooyingmantis
04-26-2013, 02:40 PM
Hey. Mooyingmantis! Greetings to you,sir. I believe it was the 2011 tourney that we met. Didn't get to make last year's. Won't be able to make this year's, either, I'm afraid. Way too much goin on in my world right now. But me and my little crew will make a point to be there next year! We really enjoyed it when we were there, tho. Nice to have a well established Chinese martial arts competition in our own state. Good luck to all, hosts as well as competitors!

Oops, you are right. That was two years ago. :o

Raipizo & Iron Weasel,

Looking forward to seeing you two tomorrow. I'll be the bald dude in blue satin pajamas. :)

Gene,

I'll try to get a pic and post it.

Raipizo
04-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Don't forget the teddy bear. Alright i.w since I know who mooyingmantis is I'll just meet up with him you and Ginosifu sometime :p, I have no spectacular physical features so I'm hard to distinguish between everyone else lol.

Raipizo
04-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Why on earth would any of us want any others of us inside us? Well, okay, maybe bawang might, but he wouldn't go the smooth nacho-lubed way. He'd go the SD way (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1226893#post1226893). ;)

I wish bawang was there, he could show us a might wombat combat form or something. You just don't want us because we're not sword hotties :( no need to be sexist Gene.

GeneChing
04-26-2013, 03:18 PM
Wish I could join you. I only got out to this event once and that was well over a decade ago. It was a great event then, and I'm sure, knowing my Kung Fu cousins Gino and John, it has remained a great event.

Gene,

I'll try to get a pic and post it. Thanks! I'm sure the whole forum will be amused.

Don't forget the teddy bear. wtf? okay, we don't need photos of that.

You just don't want us because we're not sword hotties :( no need to be sexist Gene. What? No. You totally misread me. I expect you all to be posed in that pic with a gaggle of sword hotties (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1226934) hand-feeding you nachos, just like any upstanding KFM forum member.

Raipizo
04-26-2013, 03:53 PM
Wish I could join you. I only got out to this event once and that was well over a decade ago. It was a great event then, and I'm sure, knowing my Kung Fu cousins Gino and John, it has remained a great event.

Thanks! I'm sure the whole forum will be amused.

wtf? okay, we don't need photos of that.

What? No. You totally misread me. I expect you all to be posed in that pic with a gaggle of sword hotties (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1226934) hand-feeding you nachos, just like any upstanding KFM forum member.

He said he'd be in pajamas Gene :p, I would laugh pretty hard if we managed to get a pic of that Lol.

IronWeasel
04-26-2013, 06:13 PM
Oops, you are right. That was two years ago. :o

Raipizo & Iron Weasel,

Looking forward to seeing you two tomorrow. I'll be the bald dude in blue satin pajamas. :)

Gene,

I'll try to get a pic and post it.

Just look for the oldest guy wearing a shuai chiao jacket...that will be me.

Raipizo
04-27-2013, 03:45 PM
I.w I didn't exactly see an "older guy" lol you'll have to post a pic. Mooying, you were busy judging most of the time it seemed :p and I just ran out of time, I'm tagged in the iron palm seminar pic and you added me on fb not too long ago. It didn't seem as busy this year as usual.

mooyingmantis
04-27-2013, 05:17 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/95287049@N07/8686627009/

Here is a pic of Iron Weasel and I at the tournament.

It didn't seem as busy this year as usual.

Yeah, tournaments seem to be shrinking all over. :(

Raipizo
04-27-2013, 08:26 PM
That's not good. Did you personally participate in anything?

IronWeasel
04-28-2013, 07:41 AM
I.w I didn't exactly see an "older guy" lol you'll have to post a pic. Mooying, you were busy judging most of the time it seemed :p and I just ran out of time, I'm tagged in the iron palm seminar pic and you added me on fb not too long ago. It didn't seem as busy this year as usual.

I think many of the shuai chiao teams and competitors were focused on the World Championship that was in March.

A smaller turn out, but we still ran all the way until 5pm-ish.

IronWeasel
04-28-2013, 07:46 AM

Lol!!

You look spry and happy.

I look like an unmade bed after that first match!!

IronWeasel
04-28-2013, 07:49 AM

Yeah, tournaments seem to be shrinking all over. :(

Nice to have met you. We'll have to gather more local Ohio peeps for next year!

IronWeasel
04-28-2013, 07:50 AM

We are FB buddies?

Drop me a hello there...

mooyingmantis
04-28-2013, 07:57 PM
That's not good. Did you personally participate in anything?

I only judged.

Most would frown on someone with forty-five years experience competing against most of the people who show up to compete.

Though I wish more tournaments had Senior and Master divisions for competition. I do miss competing.

I think many of the shuai chiao teams and competitors were focused on the World Championship that was in March.

It was also World Taiji Day, which conflicted with the competition.

Raipizo
04-28-2013, 10:30 PM
We are FB buddies?

Drop me a hello there...

No no, mooying and me. Yeah that would be nice to see a master division. Then you can show the other guys who's boss!

mooyingmantis
04-29-2013, 06:05 PM
No no, mooying and me. Yeah that would be nice to see a master division. Then you can show the other guys who's boss!

LOL! Nah, I'd need to be in the old ****'s division. :)

GeneChing
04-30-2013, 08:49 AM
He said he'd be in pajamas Gene :p, I would laugh pretty hard if we managed to get a pic of that Lol. All real martial arts should be done in pajamas. Did I ever tell ya about my aborted plan to try to cross market our silk uniforms (http://www.martialartsmart.com/11-18.html) as pajamas? As it turned out, they just didn't fit well into that market but it was an excuse to shoot some boudoir pix. ;)

Here is a pic of Iron Weasel and I at the tournament. Very cool. All these years I've been visualizing IronWeasel by his avatar.

IronWeasel
04-30-2013, 09:10 AM
All real martial arts should be done in pajamas. Did I ever tell ya about my aborted plan to try to cross market our silk uniforms (http://www.martialartsmart.com/11-18.html) as pajamas? As it turned out, they just didn't fit well into that market but it was an excuse to shoot some boudoir pix. ;)

Very cool. All these years I've been visualizing IronWeasel by his avatar.

Lol!

My avatar is a shot of actor Vince Gallo.

He is cooler than I am, but also greasier....