PDA

View Full Version : Schools in WA

Pawa-eri-to
11-12-2001, 05:44 AM
Does anyone know of a good Gung Fu school in the Lynnwood area?
Thanks in advance

monkey mind
11-12-2001, 07:16 AM
I used to live in Seattle & I seem to remember that there was a Choy Li Fut school up in Lynnwood or Shoreline (forgive me, I never could keep 'em straight). I found them relatively easily online by doing a search for some variation of Choy Li Fut. But hell, you're close to quite a few good gong fu schools in Seattle. It might be worth making the trip, even if you have to bus it (light rail, monorail, ha!) What styles are you interested in?

YiLiQuan1
11-12-2001, 07:44 AM
We have an instructor with a small club in the Puyallup area, and I will be moving up there late August of next year to assist with teaching...

Email me at wolfden68@hotmail.com if you are interested in more info.

Matt Stone

AmerROSS
11-12-2001, 07:07 PM
You should check out Scott Sonnon's ROSS in Seattle. Email him at sonnon@amerross.com or visit his website at http://www.amerross.com.

Tongue_of_Colibob
11-13-2001, 12:43 AM
I take Wing Chun in Lynnwood....

Pawa-eri-to
11-13-2001, 06:09 AM
I am interested in a good school that teaches sound self defense, that is also a bit more "spiritual" then what I have trained in before, and is not in it only for the money (if you have ever trained at a non-profit dojo you know how cool it is.) BTW: Jesse, do you train at the Wing Chun Do on Aurora? I have thought about that place a bit, but couldn't get ahold of them on the phone.

Tongue_of_Colibob
11-14-2001, 12:50 AM
I train straight Wing Chun. It's the Yip Man Lineage.

Yip Man/Au Chi Kueng/my sifu/me

Yip Man/Wong Long-Wong Tsok/Robert Yeung/my sifu/Me

My sifu learned thru the Wing Chun assc. of Hawaii.