PDA

View Full Version : sex an weakening of the kidneys

wiz cool c
05-19-2013, 03:14 AM
which part of the act of sex is it that weakens the kidneys? is it the act of ejaculating,or the sex itself? for example,if you have sex but stop before ejaculating,does this still weaken the kidneys?

xinyidizi
05-19-2013, 03:38 AM
Masturbation is weakening. Good sex(ejaculation) with orgasm is weakening but it is also partly strengthening as you can receive some yin energy. Sex without ejaculation is strengthening . For general health purpose or martial arts, I assume reducing the number of times you ejaculate would be enough but if you want to become an immortal Daoist :rolleyes: perhaps the requirements are more strict.

In winter it is suggested not to ejaculate at all but you may ejaculate a few times per month when it's warmer.

wiz cool c
05-19-2013, 03:46 AM
thanks. one more question. frequent sex without ejaculating,is also strengthening?

xinyidizi
05-19-2013, 04:00 AM
thanks. one more question. frequent sex without ejaculating,is also strengthening?

It is if you can do that but I have heard that some people who do that get Qi stagnation symptoms because they don't practice Qigong properly. Personally I tried celibacy for many months and the results were amazing in my Qigong but now I just try to reduce the number of times I ejaculate because I frequently have sex and I can't control myself every time.

mawali
05-19-2013, 09:51 AM
which part of the act of sex is it that weakens the kidneys? is it the act of ejaculating,or the sex itself? for example,if you have sex but stop before ejaculating,does this still weaken the kidneys?

I find a lot of these admonitions are culture biased, but all I see is the following"
Either one has:
1. High sex drive
2. Low sex drive

Deficiency of (1) and excess of (2) are problems so a natural balance should be the "norm". The concept of jingqishen should be the guideline of conduct based on (1) and (2). Forcefully following stuff that is not part of ones' Dao will be more of a problem or a solution.

Scott R. Brown
05-19-2013, 03:01 PM
Nothing about sex is weakening in anyway. Scientific studies on Olympic athletes as far back as at least the 70's indicated that sex before athletic competitions may actually improve performance.

The ancient thought that sex weakens one is due to the parasympathetic reaction of relaxation that occurs following sex. When one is relaxed one feels weakened, but sex does not weaken the kidneys or spend precious qi, only the mind, using confirmation bias can make this happen.

xinyidizi
05-19-2013, 07:43 PM
@wiz cool c

If you practice Neigong after a while you will start to sense Qi which gives you quite a good idea on how much ejaculation weakens your Zhen Qi so that you can keep your sex life balanced. Celibacy is fine but if you decide to have sex without ejaculation all the time then I'm not sure if it can hurt your prostate in the long run as strengthening the Qi without a good Qi circulation might result in stagnation. I suggest finding a good teacher for that kind of practice although it is probably even harder to find than Kungfu ;)

wiz cool c
05-19-2013, 09:38 PM
i have a teacher ,but i don't like to ask him sex stuff, i live in china, and it is a touchy subject here.

xinyidizi
05-19-2013, 10:58 PM
Then ask him to explain 节欲 to you. It is not a rude word and I think for neigong teachers it is normal to explain it.

Egg fu young
05-20-2013, 06:15 AM
I'm gonna die.

MightyB
05-20-2013, 10:07 AM
This guy has powerful chi:
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4814388753334852&pid=1.7