PDA

View Full Version : injuries!!

MIKSANSOO
11-12-2001, 07:53 PM
i hate them! especially old one that come back. i've been in the gym and my rotor cup has not bothered me much lately but my hip hurts like a SOB. i injured it a few years ago after getting slamed to the ground and know it hurts and im limping around. any advise?

"you can take my life, but not my confidence"
Jimmy H. Woo

kungfuyou
11-12-2001, 07:57 PM
Have you tried seeing a Chiropractor? I had so many problems that I never knew of before I went to the chiro. Once I went to see him, and he fixed me, I was able to lift more weights with more reps. I highly recommend a chiro. Not all agree with them, but I think the do people some good.

MIKSANSOO
11-12-2001, 08:13 PM
yeah, i was thinkin the same thing. i havent seen him in a while maybe is should get adjusted

Jimmy H. Woo

don bohrer
11-12-2001, 08:23 PM
For joint pain and injuries I recommend drinking a bit more water than you usually do. Try drinking 2 glasses before bed. Supplements and glucossamine tablets will help your joints and connective tissue. Most important thing I can think of is not to reinjure an old wound. If its bothering you cut back a bit until it stops nagging.

MIKSANSOO
11-12-2001, 08:30 PM
glucossamine tablets

can i get these at your typical drug store?

Jimmy H. Woo

MonkeySlap Too
11-12-2001, 08:54 PM
Glucosamine has been a wonder food for me. You can get it at Walgreens or any similar place. Just as good as GNC, and half the price.

Physical therapists can do wonders with injuries like these. I've found that physical therapy first, then supported by acupuncture works wonders.

"Poor is the pupil who
does not surpass his
master" - Leonardo Da
Vinci

don bohrer
11-12-2001, 10:12 PM
Miksansoo,
It will take around 4 weeks for your joints to get any telling benifits. Gluccosamine will build up the cartlidge in your joints. Kinda think of it as a wet sponge verses a dry sponge. Once your moving good you wont need to load up so much on the gluccosamine. Dont forget to drink a full glass of water before bedtime.