PDA

View Full Version : Dit da jow question

Keith76
05-28-2013, 06:19 PM
Hello all.

--There any experienced (maybe even licensed) herbalists on the forums?

I have a decent amount of experience in martial arts--including internal arts. I have virtually no experience with dit da jow until recently. I was using Wing Lam's jow, and I accidentally rubbed off the outer layer of skin in a few small spots on some fingers. Those few small spots on my fingers became red and irritated by the jow (where the skin was rubbed raw). I've been trying to heal the areas, but this problem is continuing to linger.

Anyone knowledgable in the area of dit da jow who knows a good remedy??

Thanks

Raipizo
05-28-2013, 06:39 PM
You should probably take a break until the skin returns to your fingers. What caused your fingers to do that. I follow that iron palm method and haven't had that issue. Dale Dugas is an herbalist on the forum send him an email or visit his Facebook page, or even pm him here but he doesn't come on the forum that much anymore.

Keith76
05-28-2013, 07:23 PM
Thanks. Maybe I'll send Dale Dugas a pm.

To answer your question...

The short answer is stupidity.

It was my first week of training. Upon finishing a session, I was massaging my hands with jow--pushing fluids from my fingers, and I let the jow get dry. Between my hands being thoroughly massaged and my hands getting dry, I rubbed some skin off. The raw skin and jow did not go well together.

From now on, I'll keep my hands better saturated. Live and learn.

Raipizo
05-29-2013, 12:50 PM
Might even wanna have him hook you up with some jow. He makes some pretty good stuff. Yeah your hands will get a little dry and even after because of the alcohol in the jow so make sure to keep some moisturizer in the house.

Keith76
05-29-2013, 09:57 PM
Thanks again

herb ox
06-02-2013, 09:34 AM
Keith76 - if it continues to happen, you may have an allergy to one or more of the herbs in the formula. If you apply the Jow to the inside of your forearm, does it get red and rashy? This is a simple way to test for an allergic response to the formula.

Good luck,

Herb Ox