PDA

View Full Version : stupid!!

RedDragon
11-12-2001, 11:27 PM
the other day i was trying out my flexibility and wanted to see how high i can do a front kick, i put all my force into it and did it hard and quick when low and behold my knee went strait to my face and hit my nose REALLY hard, it hurt like hell, i thought i broke it cuz it really felt like it, thats the highest ive ever been able to get my kick but i guess i wasnt paying attention, i can easily say thats the stupidest thing ive done for a WHILE, i tell everyone that i kicked myself in the face but they wouldnt believe me, now that you know the stupid thing i did, tell us about the stupidest things u did while training, u know, for sh!ts and giggles

MonkeySlap Too
11-12-2001, 11:29 PM
That's about as good as the time I was in high school and decided it would be cool to teach myself the nunchaku in close quarters. The dannn thing bounced off my bookshelf and smacked me in the head.

This could be a good thread...

"Poor is the pupil who
does not surpass his
master" - Leonardo Da
Vinci

Mojo
11-12-2001, 11:30 PM
LOL doughboy !
Your story reminded me of when I punched myself in the nose, a few weeks ago.
I was pulling an elbow compression bandage up onto my right arm with my left hand, when my grip slipped and my hand flew right into my nose. It was the hardest shot I had taken in a long time.
Doh !

The Dude: Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.

JWTAYLOR
11-12-2001, 11:32 PM
Oh, one time I broke my own collar bone.

I was running a 10k cross country and trying to keep 5 minute miles. In the last stretch I was running out of gas, puking as I ran. I could see the finish line so I just ducked my head down and ran as hard as I could. I ran smack into a tree and broke my collar bone on the right side.

I ran to the finish line, and then passed out in a ditch. Yeah me.

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

KC Elbows
11-13-2001, 12:04 AM
In high school, I decided to join gymnastics. My first day, they threw me on rings and told me to "swing around for a while". Well, I figured I'd go all out, so I'm swinging, and I throw my all into it, spin around almost all the way. Unfortunately, there is a technique in rings called a dislocate, where you extend your shoulder out so that the shoulder joint doesn't get in the way of spinning all the way around. I didn't know anything about the technique.

To sum up, it is possible, using just your own body weight in a spinning fashion, to break your sternum, dislocate your shoulder, and pull every tendon in your chest and arms.

My technique was good, but I believe the judges would have scored me low on my shrieking dismount.

Dragon Warrior
11-13-2001, 12:06 AM
this happened a LONG time ago when i was a begginner. I was in a Chinese take out place and the kid at the counter noticed my kung fu shirt. He asked me to show him something. I threw a jumping spinning crecent kick (butterfly kick) and my shoe flew off and almost hit him in the face. It flew all the way into the kitchen. My friend couldnt stop laughing. That was pretty stupid i think.

For years, religion did nothing but divide. (killa priest)

Religion is like a prison for the seekers of wisdom. (killa priest)

KC Elbows
11-13-2001, 12:08 AM
What's even worse, my sternum healed out of place, and only went back into place years later, when one of my instructors(a former power lifter-Instructor Don, if you're reading RD) demonstrated 1-inch power on me for a friend of mine.

joedoe
11-13-2001, 12:15 AM
Stabbed myself in the knee with a broadsword while practicing a figure-8 :(

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
You're fu(king up my chi

Budokan
11-13-2001, 12:18 AM
I once came all over myself while watching a Jenna Jameson video...

K. Mark Hoover

KC Elbows
11-13-2001, 12:19 AM
Budokan is quite the troll today. Bad Budokan!

Felipe Bido
11-13-2001, 12:25 AM
Abou a year ago, I was practicing a circular punch, in which you coil back your fist at your face height. Well, at one point I hit myself below the eye and it was so hard I fell on the floor, grabbing my face with my hands.

Man, I do hit hard! :eek:

-------------------------

No more D, buddy...No more D!- Tenacious D

Budokan
11-13-2001, 12:28 AM
I have been a bad wittle Budokan. Will you spank me? Please? And will you wear high-heels and a satin nightgown with crotchless panties when you do?

Spank me, d*mn you. SPANK ME!!

K. Mark Hoover

Tigerstyle
11-13-2001, 12:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>What's even worse, my sternum healed out of place, and only went back into place years later, when one of my instructors(a former power lifter-Instructor Don, if you're reading RD) demonstrated 1-inch power on me for a friend of mine.[/quote]
It's back in place isn't it? SHEESH! Talk about ungrateful...

BTW: It's rare to feel physical pain while reading, but after reading KC's "experience"... :eek: :eek: :eek:

JWT,
You are a sick, sick man. Did you keep your 5 min/mile pace :p?

"No Pain - Good."
- neptunesfall

KC Elbows
11-13-2001, 12:32 AM
I know, you think I'd show some gratitude, but no!! It's all "I can't breath" and "my chest bone snapped"!! God, I am such a wuss.

By the way, when your sternum is broken, you can't get out of bed. You have to kind of throw yourself of the edge of the bed and stand up from the ground. God, I am such a whiner.

JWTAYLOR
11-13-2001, 12:37 AM
Funny, I don't remember what my time was now. But I probabbly did. I hadn't run in over year when I was at a camp a couple of months ago and was still able to run a 5.05 cold and I barely broke a sweat. Until I got in a bike wreck I ran for the Air Force in college.

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

MonkeySlap Too
11-13-2001, 05:56 AM
Too bad everybody picked those planes and stuff. Maybe next time you should run for office instead of a function.

"Poor is the pupil who
does not surpass his
master" - Leonardo Da
Vinci

Serpent
11-13-2001, 06:03 AM
Jumping kick into a high floor to ceiling ball. Except I kicked a little too high, got my foot wrapped in the upper cable and lost footing on my grounding foot. I ended up swinging upside down from the ball, hollering for my brothers to help get me out before my sifu found me like that! :-o

They left me hanging for a while too, and only came to help when I was nearly ripping the ceiling down trying to get myself out!

B@stards. But I'd have done the same! ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You cannot defeat the Bronze Girls of Shaolin!

straight blast
11-13-2001, 06:17 AM
Practised punching technique in front of the mirror once. Focusing really hard on combo's, the last right cross caught the mirror fair in the middle and there was an awesome BANG! Not a mark on the mirror. Then there was a crash. Went into my brother's room to see a crack in the wall and his bookcase flat on the floor.
Sent my Chi right through the mirror! Or at least that's what I tell myself. Wish I could do it deliberately and on something other than household furniture. :cool:

"Pain is merely weakness leaving the body"

jon
11-13-2001, 06:27 AM
I tried to test my tiger claw on my arm, didnt do it 'that' hard being my own arm but i errr bruised anyway :/
Mental note dont try out fung fu on yourself...

you cant win all the time but you cant always lose either...

jun_erh
11-14-2001, 02:33 AM
one time I got really drunk and was also bored and lit my shirt on fire. Apparently, I fell asleep and it was still on fire, luckily others put it out, probably to save the couch. :p

neptunesfall
11-14-2001, 04:22 AM
i like to sit indian style in my chair.
once i pulled my leg up a little too fast and kicked myself in the boys.

Sharky
11-14-2001, 04:23 AM
****in hippy

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

NorthernMantis
11-14-2001, 04:39 AM
A couple of weeks ago I looked at my nerve point that my si hing showed me on my forearm since he was in eagle claw and I decided to punch it with a phoenix eye fist...my arm went numb, my forearm muscle spasmed and my hand curled up in a weird way.It hurt really bad.Who says nreve stries don't work. :p

"Always be ready"

"right, that's it!you've insulted me, and you've insulted the shaolin temple!"-Fish of Furry

Merryprankster
11-14-2001, 05:39 AM
I was muay thai shadow boxing and was concentrating on thrusting my knee out and leaning back to get more into it.

Kneed in the air so hard I took myself completely off the ground and landed on my back in front of 30 peopl :) Thank god for breakfalls.

SanHeChuan
11-14-2001, 05:52 AM
A few months ago a made a really heavy (about 20 lbs.) practice staff from a metal pipe and some sand.
The next morning I tried swinging it around fast and caught my shin with one of the metal caps I put on it.
At first I was just like ow, but latter that night while at work I could barley walk and just had to grin through the pain as I hobbled along.

===============================

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body"

Hou fa xian zhi
-start later, but reach first.

jon
11-14-2001, 08:26 AM
Makes me feel really stupid this...
I was sparring with a friend about 2 years ago and threw a fast left jab. A bolt of pane shot down my arm from my sholder and i had to stop. My arm hurt for weeks afterward, i never went to a doctor.
About 2 mounths ago I got a headache after doing a form in a private lesson and my sifu tried giving me a massage. He pointed out that my sholder had a bone cap that was raised on one side.
It turns out that i actualy fractured my sholder throwing a punch into thin air!
My sholder healed with a cap over the joint becouse i never stopped using it or let it heal properly.
Lesson in this: Dont throw ALL your force into ANYTHING untill your body is cable of handling the strain.
My arm is fine but i still have that 'cap' over my sholder bone.

you cant win all the time but you cant always lose either...

IronFist
11-14-2001, 08:35 AM
A couple of weeks ago I looked at my nerve point that my si hing showed me on my forearm since he was in eagle claw and I decided to punch it with a phoenix eye fist...my arm went numb, my forearm muscle spasmed and my hand curled up in a weird way.It hurt really bad.Who says nreve stries don't work

lol NorthernMantis. That sounds like something I'd do :)

Iron

KnightSabre
11-14-2001, 10:17 AM
didn't happen to me but check what this ******* did.

> Latest Darwin Award Nominee [Orlando Sentinel] Based on a bet by the
> other members of his threesome, Everett Sanchez tried to wash his own
> "balls" in a ball washer at the local golf course.
>
> Proving once again that beer and testosterone are a bad mix.
>
> Sanchez managed to straddle the ball washer and dangle his scrotum in
> the machine. Much to his dismay, one of his buddies upped the ante by
> spinning the crank on the machine with Sanchez' scrotum in place, thus
> wedging them solidly in the mechanism.
>
> Sanchez, who immediately passed his threshold of pain, collapsed and
> tumbled from his perch. Unfortunately for Sanchez, the height of the
> ball washer was more than a foot higher off the ground than his
> testicles are in a normal stance, and the scrotum was the weakest
> link. Sanchez' scrotum was ripped open during the fall, and one
> testicle was plucked from him forever and remained in the ball washer,
> while the other testicle was compressed and flattened as it was pulled
> between the housing of the washer, and the rotating machinery inside.
>
> To add insult to injury, Sanchez broke a new $300 driver that he had
> just purchased from the pro shop, and was using to balance himself.
> Sanchez was rushed to the hospital for surgery, and the remaining two
> were asked to leave the course

"You're Good Kid Real Good,But As Long As I'm Arround You'll Always Be Second Best See".

Can-O-Bud
11-14-2001, 10:46 AM
I once bought this step ladder from the local DIY shop.

So I got it home and thought "I'll try it out"

Started climbing up the ladder and out my head into the plasterbaord ceiling!

"You pour water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You pour water into a bottle it becomes the bottle. You pour Whisky into me I become a teapot."

Duncan
11-14-2001, 12:10 PM
Playing tennis with a friend I ran into the net to volley the ball and slipped. One leg went one way and the other slid out from underneath.

Felt like I'd pulled a groin muscle, but noticed that night my left testicle was swollen. A week later it was still swollen so I went to see my GP and he gave me antibiotics to bring down the swelling (after he squeezed both balls to "check them out" :( )

The result... antibotics reacted with another medication I was taking and I ended up jaundiced with a liver infection. Skin went yellow, eyes went yellow and I looked like Bart Simpson. Couldn't work for six weeks. Friends still joke about my large balls :rolleyes:

*Fook the lot of 'em*

NorthernMantis
11-15-2001, 04:29 AM
Hey IronFist, I didn't know you like to try out pressure point attacks on your self too. :D

"Always be ready"

"right, that's it!you've insulted me, and you've insulted the shaolin temple!"-Fish of Furry