06-07-2013, 06:06 AM
I like it!

You have similar elements in some of the clips you posted Sean. Also good stuff

k gledhill
06-07-2013, 06:48 AM
Yes good clip.

Wayfaring
06-10-2013, 07:53 AM
Nice technique, but no live energy. Well, it's semi-live energy. Look at how the opponent is artificially leaving strikes out there in a pose position. This is the same thing all the one-step punch response videos do in all MA to demonstrate "defending against the punch". I mean for some kind of demo that's fine. But live energy is real energy. And without that....

k gledhill
06-10-2013, 09:32 AM
Nice technique, but no live energy. Well, it's semi-live energy. Look at how the opponent is artificially leaving strikes out there in a pose position. This is the same thing all the one-step punch response videos do in all MA to demonstrate "defending against the punch". I mean for some kind of demo that's fine. But live energy is real energy. And without that....

It's a friendly seminar with students not opponents.

Wayfaring
06-10-2013, 03:13 PM
It's a friendly seminar with students not opponents.

Sure. Please tell me you know the difference between semi-live and live. Drilling and videos of it at various scales of liveness are fine - and sure PB shows good technique in them all.

Graham H
06-11-2013, 06:17 AM
Sure. Please tell me you know the difference between semi-live and live. Drilling and videos of it at various scales of liveness are fine - and sure PB shows good technique in them all.

Semi and live energy????? LMFAO

Wayfaring
06-11-2013, 09:19 AM
Semi and live energy????? LMFAO

Easy to identify the ones who can't distinguish the difference.

Ali. R
06-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Uhhhh, you figured that out because he laughed?

Take care,

guy b.
06-11-2013, 04:12 PM

These are clips of PB showing techniques and demonstrating to students (I assume). What do you expect exactly?

The clips of Jerry from HK that I posted a few weeks ago are live as opposed to demos..but then you complain about the contact level. And we still haven't managed to see a clip of wing chun you actually approve of. It is beginning to seem like you don't approve of wing chun.

Graham H
06-12-2013, 01:37 AM
Easy to identify the ones who can't distinguish the difference.

I tend not to dwell on useless scenarios and ideas.

That is just another example of how people fill the system up with nonsense.

My opinion of course........

tc101
06-12-2013, 04:05 AM
I have an idea can we just have a sticky thread labeled something like the Philip Bayer appreciation thread so that when his admirers want to post more videos of him doing the lop sau drill with various students they can be collected in one place. That way too the rest of us who tire of seeing video after video of the same thing which always seem to be called good clip or good video or something similar have some warning we are about to experience déjà vu all over again.

Graham H
06-12-2013, 04:11 AM
I have an idea can we just have a sticky thread labeled something like the Philip Bayer appreciation thread so that when his admirers want to post more videos of him doing the lop sau drill with various students they can be collected in one place. That way too the rest of us who tire of seeing video after video of the same thing which always seem to be called good clip or good video or something similar have some warning we are about to experience déjà vu all over again.

In that case we should create somewhere to place all your posts as well. It will save me having to bypass them all the time. :p

tc101
06-12-2013, 04:14 AM
In that case we should create somewhere to place all your posts as well. It will save me having to bypass them all the time. :p

Really the easiest thing for you is to just switch over the a Philip Bayer forum where you won't encounter people with different ideas and perspectives.

Graham H
06-12-2013, 04:41 AM
Really the easiest thing for you is to just switch over the a Philip Bayer forum where you won't encounter people with different ideas and perspectives.

No thanks! The occasional post on here added to PB's videos seems to be attracting disillusioned people to change their thinking. In some recent situations they have sought out PBVT and ditched their old lineages.............just like i did.

In my book that's a bonus because generally as a system of unarmed combat Wing Chun is rubbish. It has been *******ized to such an extent that not even some gifted natural fighters can make it work in real life.

Inside stupid peoples heads and inside their McDojos it is still the most effective system out there though :D

Wayfaring
06-12-2013, 09:40 AM
In my book that's a bonus because generally as a system of unarmed combat Wing Chun is rubbish. It has been *******ized to such an extent that not even some gifted natural fighters can make it work in real life.

But PB can save us from all this through compliant drills where his opponent (oh, wait student as that's such an important distinction from say "sparring partner") every third punch leaves his hand out extended for PB to maneuver around it?

guy b.
06-12-2013, 01:55 PM
But PB can save us from all this through compliant drills where his opponent (oh, wait student as that's such an important distinction from say "sparring partner") every third punch leaves his hand out extended for PB to maneuver around it?

Maybe the best thing for you to do would be to check if it works for you? Then you would know, one way of the other, and wouldn't have to constantly cry about clips other people appreciate while refusing to post any that you appreciate yourself.

Wayfaring
06-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Maybe the best thing for you to do would be to check if it works for you? Then you would know, one way of the other, and wouldn't have to constantly cry about clips other people appreciate while refusing to post any that you appreciate yourself.

Check whether or not compliant chi sau drills work for me?

Here's a clue. They work for EVERYONE.

guy b.
06-12-2013, 02:16 PM
Check whether or not compliant chi sau drills work for me?

Here's a clue. They work for EVERYONE.

I think you know what I mean. Go and give it a try. Report back

Wayfaring
06-12-2013, 02:41 PM
I think you know what I mean. Go and give it a try. Report back

Like everyone on the planet hasn't tried compliant chi sau drills, found them wanting, and searched for a more realistic means of sparring.

Oh, wait. Everyone on the planet EXCEPT guyb.

guy b.
06-12-2013, 02:53 PM
Like everyone on the planet hasn't tried compliant chi sau drills, found them wanting, and searched for a more realistic means of sparring.

Continue to pretend to misunderstand if you like. I don't think you are fooling anyone

k gledhill
06-12-2013, 04:10 PM

Chi sao is sparring ?

anerlich
06-12-2013, 06:36 PM
Chi sao is sparring ?

He said COMPLIANT chi sao. What Phil B does in most of his clips is COMPETITIVE chi sao.

k gledhill
06-12-2013, 06:54 PM
He said COMPLIANT chi sao. What Phil B does in most of his clips is COMPETITIVE chi sao.

You are confused.

Jansingsang
06-13-2013, 12:57 AM
You are confused.

I think they both are Competitive chi sao . Compliant Chi sao what ever Next
Ballroom Chi sao :eek:

tc101
06-13-2013, 04:16 AM
I think what he means by competitive chi sau is that it is free form chi sau with both sides trying to defeat within the context of chi sau the other guy. When Bayer does chi sau or lop sau with a student you see this happen again and again where he will overwhelm his partner. Compliant chi sau would be when you let your partner continue and intentionally do not overwhelm him when you can. Perhaps competitive and compliant are not the best terms to describe it but I think most people who do chi sau can understand what they refer to. Both can be used for teaching.

Graham H
06-13-2013, 05:27 AM
Philipp is not trying to compete with his students, and his students are not trying to compete with him. :)

As mentioned before, in our lineage chi sao / goh sao is not an ego driven proving ground. It is not a competition. It is a constructive method to train and develop correct behaviour.
Philipp is simply teaching. It is instructional.

Just because your chi sao has become a pi$$ing contest, doesnt mean everyone elses has.

No point in responding too much to these muppets Trev! They haven't got a clue what they are on about. They seem to think they know what is going on but they clearly dont so why waste time? ;) :)

Only people that have met the guy and been involved can comment with any accuracy.

tc101
06-13-2013, 05:53 AM
I do not think anyone here does not have high regard for Philip Bayer as both a practitioner and teacher of wing chun. I have not read any disparaging comments about him and I emphasize him. The comments are about some of his students and I emphasize some since Sean66 is very reasonable who continue to relentlessly post essentially the same videos and disparage anyone including with personal insults who does not agree with their ideas. You either do PBVT or you not have a clue or are confused or whatever. That sort of thinking is very cult like.

If you want to take that road it is your choice but then do not be surprised that things turn ugly.

Sean66
06-13-2013, 06:45 AM
@tc101,

Just for the record, I'm not PB's student. My teacher, Michael Kurth was a long-time student of his.

Of course I attended Philipp's workshops when he came to Bielefeld, and one time also at his school in Menden.

I have only the highest regard for his abilities. The guy is dynamic, accurate, powerful...and a good teacher.

And it's not true that he is just overwhelming his students. He's putting on the pressure where it's needed so that the students can tighten up their game.

And in regards to the video posted here, it's just a cooperative drill.
And chi sao is not sparring.
And yes Philipp and his students do spar. They just don't put up videos of it.

Graham H
06-13-2013, 07:43 AM
You either do PBVT or you not have a clue or are confused or whatever.

Yes that is my opinion today based on my experiences from "other" lineages over the last 16 years!

k gledhill
06-13-2013, 08:18 AM
Yes that is my opinion today based on my experiences from "other" lineages over the last 16 years!

Agree. Many lineages are simply $$$ minded, grade factories.

tc101
06-13-2013, 08:20 AM
@tc101,

Just for the record, I'm not PB's student. My teacher, Michael Kurth was a long-time student of his.

Of course I attended Philipp's workshops when he came to Bielefeld, and one time also at his school in Menden.

Thank you for clearing up my misunderstanding.

I have only the highest regard for his abilities. The guy is dynamic, accurate, powerful...and a good teacher.

I do not think anyone is arguing that is not true. It is also true of many others as well.

And it's not true that he is just overwhelming his students. He's putting on the pressure where it's needed so that the students can tighten up their game.

This is where use of words creates misunderstandings. I understand he is not just overwhelming his students for the sake if overwhelming them or proving his superiority. I can believe it or not see what he is doing and that he is doing what you describe. The overwhelming is the result of gaps in the students and he is showing them that. I also understand that this is one of many teaching approaches and I have seen others use it to. Even so the videos still show him overwhelming his students and that is what I was describing not the reason for it. My observation was not meant as a slight in any way because as I said I think that is a fine way to teach.

I think people on this forum get to hung up over word choice. You have certain definitions in mind when you say competitive or cooperative or even sparring and others have different definitions in mind. Then what we get is a back and forth where one side says it is and one side says it isn't and no one bothers to explain what they mean by their word.

Ok. Why do you think people here keep asking to see them? I will give you a hint and that involves claims being made and disparaging remarks about other teachers and groups.

Wayfaring
06-13-2013, 08:45 AM

Wow. Actual information about PB, not just a bunch of fanbois doing the ra ra dance.

I don't know what to do with that.....

guy b.
06-13-2013, 11:55 AM
I do not think anyone here does not have high regard for Philip Bayer as both a practitioner and teacher of wing chun. I have not read any disparaging comments about him

You can read Wayfaring's misguided comments about compliant chi sau sparring (?) on this very thread if you need your eyes opened to the constant low level trolling that is the bread and butter of this forum.

The comments are about some of his students [] who continue to relentlessly post essentially the same videos and disparage anyone including with personal insults who does not agree with their ideas. You either do PBVT or you not have a clue or are confused or whatever. That sort of thinking is very cult like.

If you are talking about me then I am not a student of Philip Bayer and have never trained with Philip Bayer. I merely recognice quality wing chun when I see it.

guy b.
06-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Wow. Actual information about PB, not just a bunch of fanbois doing the ra ra dance.

I don't know what to do with that.....

Why do you expect to be served information on a plate when you constantly harrass people about their wing chun? Why do you never provide any information about your own wing chun? This isn't the bullshido forum you know. Did they send you here like some kind of mma missionary?

tc101
06-13-2013, 12:50 PM
Agree. Many lineages are simply $$$ minded, grade factories.

Do you mean like when people who teach for $ advertise their classes on a forum, advertise the seminars they charge $ for on a forum, and then make continuous claims how their lineage is better than all those other lineages? Surely you do not mean people like that.

k gledhill
06-13-2013, 01:16 PM
Do you mean like when people who teach for $ advertise their classes on a forum, advertise the seminars they charge $ for on a forum, and then make continuous claims how their lineage is better than all those other lineages? Surely you do not mean people like that.

Yeah exactly ! Phew I thought you where a total chode like Wayfaring for a minute. ; )

Wayfaring
06-13-2013, 01:28 PM

PB is so good that even his students charge twice as much for a seminar as a 6x world champion BJJ black belt would....

guy b.
06-13-2013, 01:30 PM
Yeah exactly ! Phew I thought you where a total chode like Wayfaring for a minute. ; )

Never mind like Wayfaring, I thought he was Wayfaring for a minute. Hang on, I'm thinking it again.

guy b.
06-13-2013, 01:33 PM
PB is so good that even his students charge twice as much for a seminar as a 6x world champion BJJ black belt would....

You get what you pay for. Bjj is reknowned for exploiting cash cows like yourself.

Wayfaring
06-13-2013, 01:48 PM
If you are talking about me then I am not a student of Philip Bayer and have never trained with Philip Bayer. I merely recognice quality wing chun when I see it.

Actually we are still trying to determine whether or not guyb has a persona outside of his mom's basement. We have been unable to finalize any determination on this to date.

We don't know that he has studied wing chun at all anywhere. We suspect he is hiding where he trains due to the notoriety of a clip where someone's face was held as the "master" danced out the door holding the face. This clip has been referred to as the "face dance" clip. We think the gripped face might have been guyb, as from what we've seen of his personality, virtually every poster on this forum would do about the exact same thing to him given the chance. He perceives a good solid grip on the face as "quality wing chun".

Not content to limit his moronic commentary to WCK, guyb spreads out into the BJJ world, where he as a white belt has a better grasp on the fundamentals of grappling than international champion black belt Eduardo Telles, and he's not ashamed to tell you so.

guyb deserves a "Real Man of the Internet" award.

guy b.
06-13-2013, 03:41 PM
Actually we are still trying to determine whether or not guyb has a persona outside of his mom's basement. We have been unable to finalize any determination on this to date.

We don't know that he has studied wing chun at all anywhere. We suspect he is hiding where he trains due to the notoriety of a clip where someone's face was held as the "master" danced out the door holding the face. This clip has been referred to as the "face dance" clip. We think the gripped face might have been guyb, as from what we've seen of his personality, virtually every poster on this forum would do about the exact same thing to him given the chance. He perceives a good solid grip on the face as "quality wing chun".

Not content to limit his moronic commentary to WCK, guyb spreads out into the BJJ world, where he as a white belt has a better grasp on the fundamentals of grappling than international champion black belt Eduardo Telles, and he's not ashamed to tell you so.

guyb deserves a "Real Man of the Internet" award.

Attempting to crack poor jokes about an obviously skilled guy like that doesn't look very clever.

I have trained in bjj for quite a long time and from your comments I certainly have a deeper understanding of it than you. I think Telles himself would agree that what he does in grappling competitions contravenes the basic principles of bjj. Interestingly in mma matches he sticks tightly to these same fundamental principles. Strange that.

tc101
06-13-2013, 07:00 PM
You keep talking about these so called principles. If you are not willing to explain what you mean how can anyone have a discussion with you? Please don't come back with your usual verbal games of

Oh you do not know the principles of bjj? Yes I do but I do not know what you mean.

Or

You tell me and I'll tell you if you are right. No You are using the term so you explain what it means to YOU.

Or

I will tell you when you fulfill my conditions. No same as above.

If you are going to make statements then you should be willing to explain what you mean. Explain what you mean by principles of bjj and explain how Telles violates them. If you make statements but are unwilling to explain them no one can take your views seriously. I cannot even understand your views if you refuse to explain

anerlich
06-13-2013, 08:10 PM
You are confused.

No, I was looking to get a rise out of you. It worked!

Graham H
06-14-2013, 05:48 AM

I charge £15. Does that mean this 6x world champion charges £7.50?

You are a bit of a plonker aren't you? :rolleyes:

Wayfaring
06-14-2013, 09:28 AM
I have trained in bjj for quite a long time and from your comments I certainly have a deeper understanding of it than you. I think Telles himself would agree that what he does in grappling competitions contravenes the basic principles of bjj. Interestingly in mma matches he sticks tightly to these same fundamental principles. Strange that.

How long have you trained BJJ? Under who? And what rank are you?

Wayfaring
06-14-2013, 09:31 AM
I charge £15. Does that mean this 6x world champion charges £7.50?

You are a bit of a plonker aren't you? :rolleyes:

I was referring to kevin and his $200 seminars. I mean who TF cares what you are charging? That would be assuming if anyone would actually attend a seminar you are teaching.

Frost
06-14-2013, 12:37 PM

do you honestly think you are going to get an actual answer to this question???

guy b.
06-14-2013, 03:49 PM
If you are going to make statements then you should be willing to explain what you mean.

You and your Bullshido friends like to make demands while ignoring earlier requests to back up the seemingly baseless claims you have made.

Do you believe that the norms of argument somehow do not apply to you?

guy b.
06-14-2013, 04:15 PM
I mean who TF cares what you are charging? That would be assuming if anyone would actually attend a seminar you are teaching.

Hang on, didn't you just care about what Bayer students are charging? Lol

guy b.
06-14-2013, 04:17 PM
No, I was looking to get a rise out of you. It worked!

Why are you trolling the forum?

guy b.
06-14-2013, 04:20 PM

Don't you have a few questions to answer yourself first?

Always nice to see the bullshido gestapo out in force though

Wayfaring
06-14-2013, 04:39 PM
do you honestly think you are going to get an actual answer to this question???

No, like usual he's going to act like a moron and come up with some excuse why he can't. And it's going to be lame. Like all the rest of his posts.

guy b.
06-14-2013, 05:44 PM
No, like usual he's going to act like a moron and come up with some excuse why he can't. And it's going to be lame. Like all the rest of his posts.

Happy to tell you, but aren't you forgetting something you need to answer first?

This fake offence taken is a startling example of hypocrisy.

tc101
06-14-2013, 06:01 PM
You and your Bullshido friends like to make demands while ignoring earlier requests to back up the seemingly baseless claims you have made.

Do you believe that the norms of argument somehow do not apply to you?

What are you talking about? I am saying that your statements make no sense to me and that you need to explain them if you want to be understood. If you do not care about being understood then don't. I think the norms of argument as you call it is when someone asks you to explain what you mean you do.

I have made no claims baseless or not. This is just another of your verbal games.

I have tried to have a conversation with you but it is clear to me that is not what you want and that you only play your games.

k gledhill
06-14-2013, 06:50 PM
Wayfaring, uninformed chode.

GlennR
06-14-2013, 10:27 PM

Because he is good at it and quite funny.

And your excuse is?

anerlich
06-15-2013, 12:28 AM

Because I can.

What's your reason for trolling the forum?

guy b.
06-15-2013, 12:38 AM
Because I can.

What's your reason for trolling the forum?

I'm not trolling the forum. My purpose is to counter the continual stream of anti wing chun rhetoric that gets posted here

guy b.
06-15-2013, 12:40 AM
What are you talking about? I am saying that your statements make no sense to me and that you need to explain them if you want to be understood. If you do not care about being understood then don't. I think the norms of argument as you call it is when someone asks you to explain what you mean you do.

I have made no claims baseless or not. This is just another of your verbal games.

I have tried to have a conversation with you but it is clear to me that is not what you want and that you only play your games.

Go and confer with your Bullshido friends. When they back up their baseless claims regarding clips of wing chun then I will back mine up with evidence.

anerlich
06-15-2013, 12:48 AM
I'm not trolling the forum. My purpose is to counter the continual stream of anti wing chun rhetoric that gets posted here

Not very good at it, are you?

GlennR
06-15-2013, 12:57 AM

Counter with what?

Monotonous Talk of principles, saying there is no evidence kiltschko can fight, suggesting boxing is flawed., suggesting the PB boys keep the "real stuff" off video..... Blah blah blah.
And then you try to bracket the people tat counter you by calling them the "bullshido group and allies".

You offer nothing but round and round drivel that isn't even funny.

And to top it off you don't even offer who, what or where you have trained with.

Lets be honest, you've got nothing have you?

guy b.
06-15-2013, 01:00 AM
Counter with what?

Incisive logical argument that cuts to the core of the baseless anti wing chun trolling infesting this forum. I'm sorry it went over your head.

guy b.
06-15-2013, 01:02 AM
You offer nothing but round and round drivel that isn't even funny.

And yet you cheer when the likes of Wayfaring and Frost do this regarding wing chun. Strange that

guy b.
06-15-2013, 01:14 AM
All I am waiting for is for one of the Bullshido trolls to post a clip of wing chun they do approve of. This will allow their seemingly baseless criticisms of wing chun clips already posted to be answered fairly. Unfortunately it seems they cannot find such a clip.

Once this is done then I am happy to move the argument about Telles and bjj forward with evidence.

GlennR
06-15-2013, 01:21 AM
And yet you cheer when the likes of Wayfaring and Frost do this regarding wing chun. Strange that

Find my "cheering" the above. In fact I've had arguments with them before.

Keep it at the topic at hand, not your labelling which you are so fond of doing, what evidence????

Come on, show us this evidence you seal of

GlennR
06-15-2013, 01:23 AM
All I am waiting for is for one of the Bullshido trolls to post a clip of wing chun they do approve of. This will allow their seemingly baseless criticisms of wing chun clips already posted to be answered fairly. Unfortunately it seems they cannot find such a clip.

Once this is done then I am happy to move the argument about Telles and bjj forward with evidence.

Why should they?

anerlich
06-15-2013, 03:54 AM

There is no argument and no evidence. Just you with your foot in your mouth up to mid-thigh and everyone else laughing at you.

guy b.
06-15-2013, 04:47 AM
Why should they?

Then why should I? If the likes of Wayfaring don't have to provide evidence to justify themselves, why do you expect me to do so?

guy b.
06-15-2013, 04:56 AM
There is no argument and no evidence. Just you with your foot in your mouth up to mid-thigh and everyone else laughing at you.

I have an excellent argument. The fact that you can't see it given what I have already said speaks volumes about your depth of bjj knowledge.

tc101
06-15-2013, 05:51 AM

I do not know why you call me a Bullshido troll. I have said nothing negative about anyone's wing chun clips or wing chun in general. The only negative thing I have said is that it is tiresome to see the Bayer group continue to post essentially the same video of Bayer doing the lop sau drill with students. I've seen it done many many times now and I get it. It is not a slight against their wing chun only the their posting habits. I also do not think black white thinking along the lines of I understand wing chun and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong and an idiot is either valid or sensible.

If you want to see a good clip of wing chun then I can direct you to the Bayer clips or Sean's clips. There done. Now answer my questions.

guy b.
06-15-2013, 07:12 AM
I do not know why you call me a Bullshido troll. I have said nothing negative about anyone's wing chun clips or wing chun in general.

You appeared about the same time Wayfaring ran into trouble with his argument against the pvt clips, on every single thread he was on, and making the same arguments in slightly more reasonable terms. I think you are probably Wayfaring or a friend of Wayfaring. Do you post on the Bullshido forum?

The only negative thing I have said is that it is tiresome to see the Bayer group continue to post essentially the same video of Bayer doing the lop sau drill with students. I've seen it done many many times now and I get it. It is not a slight against their wing chun only the their posting habits.

I am not part of any Philip Bayer associated group. I just saw a clip of his that I liked. You have said a few other negative things when you have become angry which is what makes me suspicious of your motives.

If you want to see a good clip of wing chun then I can direct you to the Bayer clips or Sean's clips. There done. Now answer my questions.

Post a clip of wing chun you think is good or acceptable, tell me what you like about it.

tc101
06-15-2013, 07:37 AM
You appeared about the same time Wayfaring ran into trouble with his argument against the pvt clips, on every single thread he was on, and making the same arguments in slightly more reasonable terms. I think you are probably Wayfaring or a friend of Wayfaring. Do you post on the Bullshido forum?

I do not know Wayfaring and I don't post on bullshido. I cannot comment on how similar my views are since I have not read much in the way of his views or yours to be honest. All I see is a bunch of personal sniping and other nonsense like this. Why do you not just talk about your views. Let's talk about substance and not all the personal stuff.

I am not part of any Philip Bayer associated group. I just saw a clip of his that I liked. You have said a few other negative things when you have become angry which is what makes me suspicious of your motives.

I have not become angry but I have become frustrated by your unwillingness to explain what you mean even after I ask you. I have not said anything negative except for explaining how tiresome it is to see essentially the same videos posted again and again. As I just explained this does not refer to the content of the videos which is fine but the habit of posting.

My only motive is to talk about wing chun which I practice and have practiced since '99.

Post a clip of wing chun you think is good or acceptable, tell me what you like about it.

I told you I like the Bayer clips. He shows good wing chun movement, its tight, fluid, balanced, he keeps his elbows down, controls the center, keeps pressure on his opponent and so on. I like the clip Sean posted of his classes, same sort of movement, progressively applied, and so on. What I look for is the quality of the movement when I look at training video clips.

guy b.
06-15-2013, 07:41 AM
Ok, pm me and I will answer whatever you want to ask. I don't really want to supply ammunition to trolls.

Wayfaring
06-15-2013, 08:01 AM

Oh bite me. The Bullshido guy on this forum is Tom Kagan. He's a mod there, and I'm sure could confirm I'm in no way shape or form associated with Bullshido.

You keep lying about me not approving of wing chun clips, when it is so blatantly obvious to anyone on the forum there are plenty of clips I have voiced approval for. You obviously have some attachment issues and really want me to give you attention.

Of course I criticize crappy WCK videos. I'd rather not see the art die out.

Now give me another lie about why you can't substantiate any of your claims including those you've trained with in ANY art.

guy b.
06-15-2013, 08:52 AM
it is blatantly obvious to anyone on the forum there are plenty of clips I have voiced approval for.

It is not obvious at all, I have only seen you criticize wing chun. Post a wing chun clip you approve of.

You obviously have some attachment issues and really want me to give you attention.

I would rather you left me alone to be honest but you keep trolling and so I feel I have to respond.

Of course I criticize crappy WCK videos. I'd rather not see the art die out.

I would need to see a clip you think of as good to argue the relative merits of our different approaches. At the moment you are just sounding off without providing any evidence to support your assertions.

Now give me another lie about why you can't substantiate any of your claims including those you've trained with in ANY art.

Answer and I will answer. I did ask first after all

anerlich
06-16-2013, 03:00 PM
I have an excellent argument. The fact that you can't see it given what I have already said speaks volumes about your depth of bjj knowledge.

You have no such thing. And no, I can't see the emperor's new clothes.

guy b.
06-16-2013, 03:06 PM
You have no such thing. And no, I can't see the emperor's new clothes.

This will not provoke me into explaining for you and the other slow kids. If you want an answer go about it in the right way.

If you don't care for an answer then please refrain from trolling and stalking me.

GlennR
06-16-2013, 03:13 PM
This will not provoke me into explaining for you and the other slow kids. If you want an answer go about it in the right way.

If you don't care for an answer then please refrain from trolling and stalking me.

There you go again, 1st it was labeling them the "bullshido crowd", then the "MMA crowd", now its the "slow kids".

Whats next, the Brady bunch?

Weren't you looking for another forum after you had a good cry??

guy b.
06-16-2013, 03:30 PM
There you go again, 1st it was labeling them the "bullshido crowd", then the "MMA crowd", now its the "slow kids".

Whats next, the Brady bunch?

Weren't you looking for another forum after you had a good cry??

They post on bullshido, support mma and are heavily critical of wing chun, and seem to have a burning desire for me to explain something blatantly obvious while refusing to reciprocate. What do you suggest I call them?

I am always looking for wing chun forums because I love talking about wing chun. I am not upset by this trolling, it is par for the course, and I have no plans to leave this particular forum

GlennR
06-16-2013, 04:44 PM
They post on bullshido, support mma

Whats wrong with that??
Using your logic, as they post on this forum as well, they should be called the "MMA-Bullshido-slow kdis-Wing Chun Crew"

Bit silly dont you think?

Why not be old fashioned, stop labeling them, and call them by their names

and are heavily critical of wing chun, and seem to have a burning desire for me to explain something blatantly obvious while refusing to reciprocate.

No, they are having a shot at the PB boys ramming their videos down everyone's throats telling all that their way is "the way". Thats not critical of WC, just the slightly obsessive behaviour of some of those guys.

What do you suggest I call them?

Why do you feel the need to call them anything?

I am always looking for wing chun forums because I love talking about wing chun. I am not upset by this trolling, it is par for the course, and I have no plans to leave this particular forum

Fine, stay on the forum, its a free world.
But if you are going to post a thread that comes across as a tantrum, expect the replies that you have got so far

Oh, by the way..... who and what style do you train in?

guy b.
06-16-2013, 05:27 PM
No, they are having a shot at the PB boys ramming their videos down everyone's throats telling all that their way is "the way". Thats not critical of WC, just the slightly obsessive behaviour of some of those guys.

This is not the case. They attack any example of wing chun that is not 'alive'. When alive clips are provided they attack them because they are not full contact enough. It is never ending. They are unremittingly negative about any and all wing chun. When challenged they fail to provide examples of the kind of wing chun they would like to see. This is not having a shot at slightly obsessive PB guys, it is simply trolling.

Fine, stay on the forum, its a free world.

Thanks, lol.

Oh, by the way..... who and what style do you train in?

I don't know the answer to this question for you or for the majority of people on this forum. Yet I am constantly interrogated about it by people not volunteering the same information themselves. If you want to know this then don't ask the question like a prison camp guard or a member of the gestapo. Ask it like a normal person.

GlennR
06-16-2013, 05:57 PM
I don't know the answer to this question for you or for the majority of people on this forum. Yet I am constantly interrogated about it by people not volunteering the same information themselves. If you want to know this then don't ask the question like a prison camp guard or a member of the gestapo. Ask it like a normal person

What was wrong with how i asked it??????

Lets have a look at it......

"Oh, by the way..... who and what style do you train in?"

Ok, i give up, can you point out how that was asking you like a gestapo guard??
Or are you just obsessed with the labeling of people for no reason at all?

guy b.
06-16-2013, 06:04 PM
What was wrong with how i asked it??????

Lets have a look at it......

"Oh, by the way..... who and what style do you train in?"

Ok, i give up, can you point out how that was asking you like a gestapo guard??
Or are you just obsessed with the labeling of people for no reason at all?

You post a comment on a forum attacking me then chuck that in at the end like a test. If you want to know this then introduce yourself to me and I will respond. PM me.

GlennR
06-16-2013, 06:13 PM
You post a comment on a forum attacking me then chuck that in at the end like a test. If you want to know this then introduce yourself to me and I will respond. PM me.

Im on a forum so im open.

Started TST WC in 1990 in Sydney but due to a move had to give it up after 2 years.
Fortunately, i met a Mainland style Instructor when i moved and went on to train with him for 6 years.

Moved back to Sydney, trained Pak Mei (6 months) and then settled back into TST WC whilst still doing my own training in the mainland style.
At the same time had a good relationship with a WSLVT school, the pak mei school, a kenpo school and dabbled in a bit of boxing.

Felt like a change (and a challenge) and took up MT 4 years ago (initially mainly for the sparring) along with boxing.

Decided to focus on boxing this year as MT is a bit hard on my body (im 47)
Still dabble in WC, in fact caught up with John on the forum recently.

Thats me.

anerlich
06-16-2013, 08:35 PM
If you want an answer go about it in the right way.

Not much point in me wanting something that you can't provide.

I'm not stalking you. Stop posting obvious rubbish on the forum and I'll stop calling you on it. Feel free to involve the moderators if you can't deal with the problems you create for yourself, or get your mother to write me a stern letter or something.

You said further up you're not upset about trolling, so suck it up.

I don't post on or read Bullshido either. Nor do I have an issue with PB, though some of his students seem a bit jumpy.

anerlich
06-16-2013, 08:37 PM
If you want to know this then don't ask the question like a prison camp guard or a member of the gestapo.

*In faux German accent *

"I VILL ASK THE QUESTIONS!!!!!"

GlennR
06-17-2013, 04:18 AM
*In faux German accent *

"I VILL ASK THE QUESTIONS!!!!!"

" I know nothing.......nothing!!"

Ali. R
06-17-2013, 05:20 AM
Im on a forum so im open.

Started TST WC in 1990 in Sydney but due to a move had to give it up after 2 years.
Fortunately, i met a Mainland style Instructor when i moved and went on to train with him for 6 years.

Moved back to Sydney, trained Pak Mei (6 months) and then settled back into TST WC whilst still doing my own training in the mainland style.
At the same time had a good relationship with a WSLVT school, the pak mei school, a kenpo school and dabbled in a bit of boxing.

Felt like a change (and a challenge) and took up MT 4 years ago (initially mainly for the sparring) along with boxing.

Decided to focus on boxing this year as MT is a bit hard on my body (im 47)
Still dabble in WC, in fact caught up with John on the forum recently.

Thats me.

Very impressive Glen and keep up the good work, we're almost the same age so I know what you're saying.

Take care,

GlennR
06-17-2013, 03:21 PM
Very impressive Glen and keep up the good work, we're almost the same age so I know what you're saying.

Take care,

Thanks Ali, yep... them bones are gettin older ;)

bogdan.sifu
06-18-2013, 12:51 PM
Bayer's videos are always enjoyable to watch. I just wish that the students would put up fight sometime.

anerlich
06-18-2013, 04:12 PM
Bayer's videos are always enjoyable to watch. I just wish that the students would put up fight sometime.

Well, OK, but the same could be said about that vid you posted on your own thread.

GlennR
06-18-2013, 04:14 PM
Well, OK, but the same could be said about that vid you posted on your own thread.

Yeh, but his are so **** fast Andrew........ speedy even!