PDA

View Full Version : Three 11yr old and their metal band

Kymus
06-11-2013, 09:05 AM
And they're good, too!

Hailing from Brooklyn, New York, Unlocking the Truth is a metalcore trio composed of 11-year-olds Malcolm Brickhouse (electric guitar), Jarad Dawkins (drums) and Alec Atkins (bassist).

Original members Brickhouse and Dawkins, started their first band, Tears of Blood, back in 2007. Despite their youth, Unlocking the Truth has honed their chops playing for audiences in Times Square, at NYC’s The Bitter End, and Amateur Night at the Apollo.

You can watch a video of them playing at the original article (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jesseheartsyou/meet-unlocking-the-truth-three-11-year-olds-who-a-anmp).

Syn7
06-11-2013, 04:21 PM
Drums were pretty rough... Awesome for an eleven year old though. Kid'll have chops in no time.

Kymus
06-11-2013, 05:33 PM
Yeah really. They do great considering their age!

Though I gotta wonder who comes with them to help lug the equipment. That looks like it's way too much for three 11 year olds to lug on to the subway. That, and, it looks like they've got a few guitars sitting around and I wouldn't put it past anyone to walk by and snag one (though given, it's not as easy and rewarding of a theft as an iPhone).

Syn7
06-11-2013, 05:42 PM
That, and, it looks like they've got a few guitars sitting around and I wouldn't put it past anyone to walk by and snag one (though given, it's not as easy and rewarding of a theft as an iPhone).

It's times square... I wouldn't put anything past anyone up in there!

Kymus
06-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Yeah, neither would I :mad: