PDA

View Full Version : Qingong Light Foot Gong Fu?

BlackEChan
06-20-2013, 01:14 PM
You know, the scenes in kung fu movies where the actor (with some help of wires) soars from one building down to the streets to defend a helpless victim. But that stuff is fake, and it's known as "Wire Fu". However, it is supposedly influenced by an ancient skill which could make you as light as a swallow. Does "Qingong" exist?

If so, has anyone achieved the skill? How would you train for it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkpde4vSuwc&list=PLDBa1BHYLR7G0G3IRgFChVv6j-pVkuKNC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5XRBXhcT2w&list=PLDBa1BHYLR7G0G3IRgFChVv6j-pVkuKNC

One of these is a CCTV documentary, the other is a bagua instructional on qingong training.

bawang
06-20-2013, 01:31 PM
from your name, are you a chocolate man? I will reveal the secret only to my chocolate brothers.

David Jamieson
06-20-2013, 01:38 PM
However, it is supposedly influenced by an ancient skill which could make you as light as a swallow.

It's at this point where you can tell if your Bullsh*t alarm works or not.

these days if you want skills to carry you across rooftops with ease and skill, train Parkour.

Lightness skills = Strong ass legs.

No training of any variety ever, will ever make you lighter than what you are.

If you are 170lbs, then you have to get strong enough to have best control of that body.

Occam's razor and all that. :)

PalmStriker
06-20-2013, 02:05 PM
I have always had extremely strong legs so I guess that probably helped a lot in my past practice of lightweight skills. When I was 19 I lived in Hawaii and went barefoot all the time, hot sand and lava rock flows on the ocean made the souls of my feet like leather. I could run faster at that time, on pavement, barefoot, than anyone I'd ever seen, seemingly, from my perspective, to barely touch the ground. I practice three forms only, "Dragon rests on Mountain", "Dragon crosses Lake", and "Dragon returns to Earth", crosses lake is my practice of light skills with special attention to balance and coordination. In my dreams I am the only one who can fly, dreams of this nature used to bother me , now I just see this as a Buddha Mind resource. My ability to fly in dreams is based on my light skills training :), otherwise, even though I am dreaming, there is nothing that guarantees that I do not fall to my death other than belief. My light skills are practiced on 2x4's laying end to end on the ground (flat pavement) on the 2" side of boards. Running on them while doing whisklike arm movements much like in posted OP vid. Jumping is another matter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHCovU3lkHA

lkfmdc
06-20-2013, 02:08 PM
:eek:

so, what you are telling us all is that you are a little "light in the loafers" ?

PalmStriker
06-20-2013, 02:29 PM

so, what you are telling us all is that you are a little "light in the loafers" ?

:eek: Prefer sandals. :D and,yes, married /with children. Hawaii, though, is loafer city.

BlackEChan
06-20-2013, 02:40 PM
Ok, so obviously getting lighter doesn't exist. But jumping higher, may make you appear lighter? Ice1cubed is one of those people who can jump high as ****. He says that doing heavy squats make your legs stronger, letting you push harder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB-RXs9kkcY

Lucas
06-20-2013, 02:42 PM
you can dig a deep hole and practice jumping out of it until you can jump in and out easily. then hold big rocks and try it until you can jump in and out with more and more weight.

basket ball players have some of the best 'light skills' in the world.

basically just practice jumping and keep improving.

Lucas
06-20-2013, 02:48 PM
Ok, so obviously getting lighter doesn't exist. But jumping higher, may make you appear lighter? Ice1cubed is one of those people who can jump high as ****. He says that doing heavy squats make your legs stronger, letting you push harder.

exactly right. one method we used to get higher jumps is to practice the front jump kick. jump, kick, and land all on the same leg. practice on both sides daily. squats with weights. standing jumping. one and two step jumping. run jumping. wall jumping. it all helps.

Lucas
06-20-2013, 02:53 PM
like what he's doing in that vid where he jumps up onto the stack, thats the same idea as the digging a hole thing. it gives you a physical goal in the moment to reach. sometimes we can achieve more if we have a tangible goal and fall short, then push ourselves to succeed. imo start with something you can do, then set the bar just beyond your limit, then work until you reach it, then reset your bar.

SPJ
06-20-2013, 03:48 PM
do not know about flying among roof tops or tree tops.

However, there are practices for both light step and quick step.

1. Light steps

Light like a feather.

We step on a piece of cloth or paper and leave little foot prints.

We may start with tying weights on ankles. Walk with weights that is.

Over time, we remove the weights.

---

2. Quick steps

We may place used tires on the ground and place them is different orders.

We practice steps and changing steps.

We add speed as we get better.

---

:)

bawang
06-20-2013, 04:12 PM

traditional kung fu has training for jumping high, called jumping skill. and training for moving fast, called flying skill. if you are a black man, then we are the brothers from different mothers. I will reveal the secrets of this training. if you are the tightey whitey, the secrets of light body shall not pass my lips.

Lucas
06-20-2013, 04:23 PM
he's not joking.

Scott R. Brown
06-20-2013, 04:47 PM
In my dreams I am the only one who can fly, dreams of this nature used to bother me , now I just see this as a Buddha Mind resource. My ability to fly in dreams is based on my light skills training :), otherwise, even though I am dreaming, there is nothing that guarantees that I do not fall to my death other than belief.

I have been flying in my dreams since I was about 8 years old! It has never bothered me in the least.

I attribute it to having dreams in which I can fly!

I have never had the fear of falling to my death in a dream, although I have died in my dreams many times, I would say 20-30 times since I was 17 when I had my first dream death!

No light skills training, no Buddha Mind, no physical training necessary!

Just do it! But without the Nikes!:cool:

Lucas
06-20-2013, 04:52 PM
in my dreams i can teleport, shapeshift and bang everyones hot wife when ever i want. that shows the real power of my gong fu.

Scott R. Brown
06-20-2013, 05:02 PM
in my dreams i can teleport, shapeshift and bang everyones hot wife when ever i want. that shows the real power of my gong fu.

You shure it isn't the power of moljmanure?:eek:

Lucas
06-20-2013, 05:26 PM
Ya. That has a pretty distinct texture and taste. I'd know.

bawang
06-20-2013, 05:29 PM
Ya. That has a pretty distinct texture and taste. I'd know.

looks like he didn't answer. prolly was whitey in disguise. do u wanna kno the secrts of the light body skill

Lucas
06-20-2013, 05:36 PM
If u teach me the secrets can i use them on the forum?

bawang
06-20-2013, 05:40 PM
If u teach me the secrets can i use them on the forum?

ok. but don't show it to the tightey whiteys. they always up to something.

BlackEChan
06-20-2013, 06:28 PM
looks like he didn't answer. prolly was whitey in disguise. do u wanna kno the secrts of the light body skill

Of course I'm a Choco Mofo! Just waiting for the right tiiime... "He who says, is not. He who is, does not say." I will never teach the secrts of the light body skill to dem whiteys, dont worry.

Scott R. Brown
06-20-2013, 06:49 PM
Hey you two racism is not cool! :cool:

If a white guy said what you guys have you would not like it!:(

Do unto others as you would have done to you!;)

bawang
06-20-2013, 07:40 PM
Of course I'm a Choco Mofo! Just waiting for the right tiiime... "He who says, is not. He who is, does not say." I will never teach the secrts of the light body skill to dem whiteys, dont worry.

flying skill training was originally called armor training. it is divided into light infantry and heavy infantry.

equipment: weighted vest, weighted forearm sleeves, weighted shin sleeves. the vest must rest on your hips with a belt.
do not train horse stance or squatting while training flying skill.

sprint 500m without stopping. when you feel it is easy, wear vest 10 pounds, sleeve 0.5 pounds. increase up to vest 80 pounds, sleeve 12 pounds.
walk in vest to warmup.

testing the skill
use a 5 foot stick. bury 2 wooden poles to the ground, one is 7 feet, one is 5 feet. wear 20 pounds vest and 6 pounds sleeves.
place poles 250m away from you.
attack:
sprint towards poles to the sound of drum nonstop beating, at last 50 meters, sprint at maximum speed and shout "SHAAAAAA" (kill). knock down the sticks with your stick. tall stick is horse, short stick is man.
retreat:
to the sound of cymbal nonstop, run away from sticks.

flying skill explained: arrow has maximum range of 100 meters, deadly at 50 meters. if the enemy runs you must catch them within 200 meters. total 250 meters.

BlackEChan
06-20-2013, 07:54 PM
flying skill training was originally called armor training. it is divided into light infantry and heavy infantry.

equipment: weighted vest, weighted forearm sleeves, weighted shin sleeves. the vest must rest on your hips with a belt.
do not train horse stance or squatting while training flying skill.

sprint 500m without stopping. when you feel it is easy, wear vest 10 pounds, sleeve 0.5 pounds. increase up to vest 80 pounds, sleeve 12 pounds.
walk in vest to warmup.

testing the skill
use a 5 foot stick. bury 2 wooden poles to the ground, one is 7 feet, one is 5 feet. wear 20 pounds vest and 6 pounds sleeves.
place poles 500m away from you.
attack:
sprint towards poles for 300m. to the sound of drum nonstop beating, sprint at maximum speed and shout "SHAAAAAA" (kill). knock down the sticks with your stick. tall stick is horse, short stick is man.
retreat:
to the sound of cymbal nonstop, run away from sticks.

flying skill explained: arrow has maximum range of 300 meters. if the enemy runs you must catch them within 200 meters. total 500 meters.

Lol, I'd love to do this at my local track and record people's reactions. :D_/\_ masta!

bawang
06-20-2013, 08:09 PM
Lol, I'd love to do this at my local track and record people's reactions. :D_/\_ masta!

I gave the traditional protocol to explain it, but you really just sprint in a weight vest for 500m. if u gonna yell and wave a stick, I wont tell you no, but you are black. you will get shot.

Kellen Bassette
06-20-2013, 08:14 PM
I gave the traditional protocol to explain it, but you really just sprint in a weight vest for 500m. if u gonna yell and wave a stick, I wont tell you no, but you are black. you will get shot.

It was very benevolent of you to give him that warning...

KungFubar
06-20-2013, 10:32 PM
like what he's doing in that vid where he jumps up onto the stack, thats the same idea as the digging a hole thing. it gives you a physical goal in the moment to reach. sometimes we can achieve more if we have a tangible goal and fall short, then push ourselves to succeed. imo start with something you can do, then set the bar just beyond your limit, then work until you reach it, then reset your bar.

no its not the same because the digging of a deep hole is part of the workout too, so first dig a hole that you can stand in maybe 4 feet square and then 5 feet deep. start digging early in the morning, when you get done digging that hole it will be very dark outside. Now jump down into the deep hole you just made and start trying to jump out of the hole for a few hours non stop. At the end of the workout fill the hole back of with dirt and eat a couple cans of tuna and go to bed. Next day repeat.

IronFist
06-22-2013, 11:29 PM
I read in a book, I think it was "the 72 Consummate Arts of Shaolin," that to get light body skill you fill a barrel and practice walking around the top of it. Every day you remove a little and keep walking around the top of it. Eventually the barrel is empty and you can keep walking around the top of it without tipping it over and you have light body skill.

Keep in mind this was the same book that taught you how to crawl up a wall using your elbows and heels, back to the wall.

And by rubbing sand between your palms you develop the ability to hit people far away from you. I think that was the purpose.

X_plosion
06-23-2013, 09:53 PM
I agree with what has been said about training the legs specifically for jumping, such as the use of plyometric drills for a higher vertical leap, like as is done for sports like basketball.

No mysticism, there, just progressive training done safely.