PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Sword?

Fei Hou
11-13-2001, 06:59 AM
I wanted to discuss the idea of "sticky sword". I am a student to Modified Wing Chun . Here is the question, How and if could you transfer the forward energy into and against your partner? What to feel for regarding openings? To set up a example, face the center line, stay forward, and cross swords a on the "Strong" I would think that the advantage goes to the last one that moves because you could "read "thier energy. Most of the experience in Chi Sao leads to going with the direction of a opponents exagerated move. Inside you go up the center,to the outside and using pak dar, or (what ever) which usually leads to a strike with the pommel or butt of the sword against the opponent.
I have been training with the long sword about a year and have come to a level where closing and grapling and Chi Sao techniques are required. At this range the swinging action of this type of sword changes to a short staff style called "Half Sword". " Historical European MA" Locks, binds and disarms are at this level. What do you think?
I have found this link regarding WC s Long Sword is this for real?
http://home.soneraplaza.nl/qn/prive/wengshunkuen/longsword.html

Rash words are like sword thrusts, but the words of the wise bring healing.
Proverbs

joedoe
11-13-2001, 07:07 AM
I didn't know WC used the long sword.

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
You're fu(king up my chi

dedalus
11-13-2001, 09:41 AM
"Weng Chun"??

Looks like a mongrel to me. That ain't no Wudang sword form.

Khun Kao Charuad
11-13-2001, 05:04 PM
Sticky Sword the condition created when you don't clean it properly after each use...

(sorry, I couldn't resist)

Khun Kao :D