Just that Jim, Nonsense.

Funny though eh? :D

jimhalliwell
07-04-2013, 05:58 AM
Must be work in progress:confused:

Graham H
07-04-2013, 07:24 AM
Must be work in progress:confused:

LOL. The opposite more like. It seems to me that the longer Gary continues and the more his organization expands the worse he gets.

His organization is not all that is expanding either. That guy is heeeeeeeeeeeuge! :D

Jansingsang
07-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Gary has become Sucessful but in the process lazy VT just like a knife needs constant Sharping. Doesn't matter who you are Don't pay do's you lose simple :(

sanjuro_ronin
07-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Hi

Whats all this nonsense about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVP4J3otbGo

jim

During a demo, someone got in a cheap shot and Gary answered accordingly.

I've seen this before in other MA demos.
I've seen BJJ guys choke out "smart asses" that wanted to "test" them, I've seen MT guys clinch people like rag dolls because they tried to get in a cheap shot, I've seen Kyokushin experts KO guys that were going hard during a seminar, etc, etc.

Nothing new really.

mawali
07-04-2013, 09:58 AM
That is the real way when teaching CMA in the modern era!
You have to answer charges accordingly while still grasping the cookie jar (rice bowl). At the end, they shook hands so I see no problem here!

BAU (Business as usual):D

Vajramusti
07-04-2013, 09:59 AM
Nothing new really.
----------------True
But compulsive PB guys go over same put downs.

jimhalliwell
07-04-2013, 09:59 AM
Cheap shot?
Seems his centre was totally open

sanjuro_ronin
07-04-2013, 10:00 AM
----------------True

One of the symptoms of WingChunitus it seems.

sanjuro_ronin
07-04-2013, 10:05 AM
Cheap shot?

Context.
You are giving a demo, you just finish with a kid, then someone else comes up and you, silly or not, keep your "guard" down because, it is just that: a friendly demo.

Seen it a few times, even saw one very high ranking BJJ of the machado family get sweeped during a demo/seminar too and, much like Gary, He responded accordingly ( in his case, choked out the guy in less than 5 seconds after that stunt).

Heck, I recall seeing a GM in Kyokushin get clocked in the face during a sparring session in a seminar, He reacted accordingly also.

You do NOT take a shot at a teacher giving a demo, ever.

It is always a cheap shot.

Grumblegeezer
07-04-2013, 10:44 AM
This same video was circulating around a few years back, so it's old news. I don't blame Gary Lam at all for getting a bit rough on the guy, and it all ended well enough, considering.
If you want to critique his WC, that's fine by me.

I personally find it really annoying when you start to do chi-sau with someone and all they want to do is play "gotcha"-- trying to slip in one cheap shot, then break stick and jump back out of range like this guy. It's a good thing this guy didn't try that with some of the less amicable instructors I know like Emin Boztepe.

anerlich
07-04-2013, 02:59 PM

Ancient history

GlennR
07-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Hi

jim

Did something happen??

Vajramusti
07-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Did something happen??
--------------------------------------------

Yes- archival repetition- again. again and again!

LFJ
07-04-2013, 07:15 PM
You're doing a chi-sau demo, i.e. showing how it works, unscripted with someone from the audience. Why would you deliberately have such a weak structure? Or why would you not expect the guy to do actual chi-sau with you? You want him to just roll back and forth and you do what you choose? That's not how chi-sau works. It's mutual action and reaction. So why would the guy not do what he did, which was merely push into the hole Gary left gaping? Gary should have shown how to deal with it, if he could. Instead, he's the one that got upset and started taking shots. Ridiculous "incident".

Graham H
07-04-2013, 11:28 PM
----------------True

F me Joy! You are getting as repetative!

That video is atrocious! Gary Lam relies on co-operative students to "perform" all his stuff on. It's been like that for years and in the process he has become fat and lazy and could not deal with that guy. Instead he showed what normally happens when things go wrong. He starts flailing and using his weight to muscle the other guy around. IMO he showed his true colours and I didn't see one thing that represents all the rubbish he puts in his DVD's one bit! That is usual in Wing Chun and I would hazzard a guess you would have faired no better in that situation.

If we are talking about PB here (as usual :rolleyes:) the guy is in his 50's and still moves around and has power of a guy half his age.

Put be PB in that situation and that other guy would have been in trouble! FACT!

................more so you would have seen Ving Tsun at work. With Gary Lam......nothing!

Graham H
07-04-2013, 11:33 PM
Gary left gaping? Gary should have shown how to deal with it, if he could. Instead, he's the one that got upset and started taking shots. Ridiculous "incident".

Agree 100%

Graham H
07-04-2013, 11:34 PM
Cheap shot?

Center open??? He was more wide open than a shopping center!

.......from every angle.

Frost
07-05-2013, 12:05 AM
If we are talking about PB here (as usual :rolleyes:) the guy is in his 50's and still moves around and has power of a guy half his age.

Put be PB in that situation and that other guy would have been in trouble! FACT!

................more so you would have seen Ving Tsun at work. With Gary Lam......nothing!

none of us know this because all we see of PB is rolling with his students not with guys outside his gym who dont worship him, at least Lam has trained fighters and put them into full contact matches still waiting for any clips from the PB lot doing this.....

Graham H
07-05-2013, 12:31 AM
none of us know this because all we see of PB is rolling with his students not with guys outside his gym who dont worship him, at least Lam has trained fighters and put them into full contact matches still waiting for any clips from the PB lot doing this.....

Don't hold your breath will you? :rolleyes:

I would rather go and do it rather than wait for videos. Oh wait a minute......I have.

Have you?

maybe you don't need to but it would be frustrating for me to not know myself.....Oh wait a minute...........it was frustrating so I jumped on a plane.

Have you?

It's like being on The Waltzers this innit? :):rolleyes:

GlennR
07-05-2013, 12:39 AM
Don't hold your breath will you? :rolleyes:

I would rather go and do it rather than wait for videos. Oh wait a minute......I have.

Have you?

maybe you don't need to but it would be frustrating for me to not know myself.....Oh wait a minute...........it was frustrating so I jumped on a plane.

Have you?

It's like being on The Waltzers this innit? :):rolleyes:

Gee, i just drove down to my local boxing-MT gym

Frost
07-05-2013, 02:51 AM
Gee, i just drove down to my local boxing-MT gym

snap only with me its the local Thai and MMA gym. Shame no one from PBs lineage cares enough to post anything more than sticky hands with his own students but love to mock others who are known to have produced fighters

Graham H
07-05-2013, 03:14 AM
snap only with me its the local Thai and MMA gym. Shame no one from PBs lineage cares enough to post anything more than sticky hands with his own students but love to mock others who are known to have produced fighters

So what? Does the fact that you box and do MT mean you are some sort of tough guys?

Since when does practicing a fighting system make you invincible. I know scarier dudes outside of MA's.

You guys crack me up. You are always putting Wing Chun down and harp on about the fact that you do these other fighting systems and yet you spend most of your day bickering with people from other Wing Chun lineages.

You know what I think? You do MT and Box because your Wing Chun is lacking in something. Why do I think that?......because I used to do the same. That was until I found a system that ticked all the boxes that I needed ticking and I started training in a lineage where many people train like proper fighters and not your usual Wing Chun BS.

TST's lineage has got to be one of the weakest so that sums Glenn's desire to box and do MT and as for Frost???? Dunno. He just likes disagreeing with everybody and offering sometimes useful but sometimes pointless POV's.

I'm off to Turkey for a while so I won't be able to continue this love in. I'll miss you guys! BOOO HOOOO HOOO :p

GlennR
07-05-2013, 03:47 AM
So what? Does the fact that you box and do MT mean you are some sort of tough guys?

Yes, our toughness is inspiring.
My point was, my dear, that you dont need to go the another country to learn a valid fighting method.

Since when does practicing a fighting system make you invincible. I know scarier dudes outside of MA's.

Me too.

You guys crack me up. You are always putting Wing Chun down and harp on about the fact that you do these other fighting systems and yet you spend most of your day bickering with people from other Wing Chun lineages.

I never put WC down, just the *****y guys that claim superiority (holds mirror up for G)

You know what I think? You do MT and Box because your Wing Chun is lacking in something.

You know what G? Maybe youre right. So what id did was went to the premium striking arts to see how id go.
Found out some good things and some bad things i do.... who would have thought hey?

Why do I think that?......because I used to do the same. That was until I found a system that ticked all the boxes that I needed ticking and I started training in a lineage where many people train like proper fighters and not your usual Wing Chun BS.

Great, so why the shot at the guys that try other styles?
Fighting is fighting after all..... or so you keep telling us.

TST's lineage has got to be one of the weakest so that sums Glenn's desire to box and do MT and as for Frost???? Dunno. He just likes disagreeing with everybody and offering sometimes useful but sometimes pointless POV's.

So PB's the strongest is it?
If you want to get alll lineagy (that a word) ive comfortably exchanged with WSLVT guys in my pre MT-boxing days.... but maybe im just a talent!

I'm off to Turkey for a while so I won't be able to continue this love in. I'll miss you guys! BOOO HOOOO HOOO :p

Now dont spend too much time in those turkish baths g ;)

tc101
07-05-2013, 04:11 AM

I think you are missing their point. They are not putting wing chun the system down. They are putting down certain people in wing chun. I do not hear them ragging on Alan Orrs guys for instance. The people they are criticizing are the ones who believe they have the answers but have never experienced the questions. I do not think it is a coincidence that those sorts believe what they do is truly wonderful as they have never put themselves in situations where their limitations will be exposed.

Practicing your wing chun against other wing chun people will give you only a very limited exposure to practicing using your wing chun skills.

You know what I think? You do MT and Box because your Wing Chun is lacking in something. Why do I think that?......because I used to do the same. That was until I found a system that ticked all the boxes that I needed ticking and I started training in a lineage where many people train like proper fighters and not your usual Wing Chun BS.

I cannot speak for others but I have found that I only get better doing those things I practice. Wasn't it Sun Tzu who said know yourself and your enemy? By training with and against boxers for example you will see what they do, how they do it, and so forth and you can practice using your wing chun skills against people with good punching skills, good tactics, people who are difficult to hit and so forth. Same with working with mma or mt guys. These encounters will show you your limitations and weaknesses in applying your wing chun, and that is the first step in improving.

You talk about the usual BS in wing chun circles. I think the attitude you express of everyone else is lacking and we have the answers when you have not even experienced the questions for yourself is that usual wing chun BS.

It is great you found a wing chun teacher that you are happy with. Training like a proper fighter to use your words involves practicing with and against proper fighters.

Graham H
07-05-2013, 05:17 AM
****! No post from Frost.

Never mind. Nice days fishing. :D

Chow

Frost
07-05-2013, 05:52 AM

Chow

sorry didnt know you missed me :)

GlennR
07-05-2013, 05:54 AM

Chow

Its ciao you bogan

Graham H
07-05-2013, 06:29 AM
Its ciao you bogan

I'm not Spanish and WTF is a bogan? LMFAO :D

Graham H
07-05-2013, 06:30 AM
sorry didnt know you missed me :)

I was deeply distraught.

Frost
07-05-2013, 07:00 AM
I was deeply distraught.

i thought as much :)

GlennR
07-05-2013, 04:26 PM
I'm not Spanish and WTF is a bogan? LMFAO :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogan

Im sure there's an english equivalent

trubblman
07-05-2013, 04:39 PM
Hi

jim

Looks like some young Turk trying to make a name for himself and bit off more than he could chew to me.

Vajramusti
07-05-2013, 04:46 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogan

Im sure there's an english equivalent
------------------------------------------

Bogan is in newer editions of the oxford english dictionary.

Graham H
07-06-2013, 02:57 AM
Looks like some young Turk trying to make a name for himself and bit off more than he could chew to me.

Gary Lam isn't Turkish

Graham H
07-06-2013, 02:58 AM
The term bogan (/ˈboʊɡən/)[1] is Australian and New Zealand slang, usually pejorative or self-deprecating, for an individual who is recognised to be from an unsophisticated background or someone whose speech, clothing, attitude and behaviour exemplifies a lack of manners and education.[2] While bogan is widely recognised, localised names exist that describe the same or very similar groups of people.

Sums me up pretty much. Thanks Glenn xx

GlennR
07-06-2013, 05:56 AM
The term bogan (/ˈboʊɡən/)[1] is Australian and New Zealand slang, usually pejorative or self-deprecating, for an individual who is recognised to be from an unsophisticated background or someone whose speech, clothing, attitude and behaviour exemplifies a lack of manners and education.[2] While bogan is widely recognised, localised names exist that describe the same or very similar groups of people.

Sums me up pretty much. Thanks Glenn xx

Glad to help G!

Pacman
07-06-2013, 04:32 PM
This same video was circulating around a few years back, so it's old news. I don't blame Gary Lam at all for getting a bit rough on the guy, and it all ended well enough, considering.
If you want to critique his WC, that's fine by me.

I personally find it really annoying when you start to do chi-sau with someone and all they want to do is play "gotcha"-- trying to slip in one cheap shot, then break stick and jump back out of range like this guy. It's a good thing this guy didn't try that with some of the less amicable instructors I know like Emin Boztepe.

i dont see how that was a cheap shot. he legitimately got in.

whether gary lam was just "going easy" or not doesnt make what the guy did a cheap shot.

Sima Rong
07-06-2013, 08:31 PM
There were openings in his guard, which the younger guy took advantage of. I don't think there's anything wrong with this.
Gary Lam could have acknowledged that he had some weaknesses, but his ego was threatened and he decided to beat the guy around the head a little. Not good behaviour.
I've only been to a few classes of wingchun, but when you probe potential gaps with someone of really high level, they should have some response ready.

Wayfaring
07-08-2013, 07:12 AM
Wow. A chi sau exchange where someone actually gets hit.

Is this such an anomaly that people feel the need to resurrect ancient discussions and videos? I'm sure this clip has made the rounds here already.

LFJ
07-08-2013, 07:23 AM
There was quick action to cover up this "incident" when it happened. Hence the video being a new upload.

anerlich
07-08-2013, 03:17 PM
There was quick action to cover up this "incident" when it happened. Hence the video being a new upload.

IMO it would have been best left covered up. Too many people have turned this molehill into the entire Himalayas. One guy even wrote six blog posts on "what he had learned from it".

KPM
07-08-2013, 05:41 PM
i dont see how that was a cheap shot. he legitimately got in.

whether gary lam wHas just "going easy" or not doesnt make what the guy did a cheap shot.

I agree. If Lam had been talking to the audience with his head turned and the guy hit him, THAT would be a cheap shot! But he invited the guy down to roll with him, the guy felt an opening and his hand naturally shot forward. No cheap shot, just basic Chi Sao. Why Lam got all huffy about it is unclear to me. He should have just smiled, said "good one!" and kept going. He invited a stranger down to roll with him and so should have been prepared for anything.

Paddington
07-08-2013, 11:55 PM
[...] He invited a stranger down to roll with him and so should have been prepared for anything.

Chi sauing with someone for the first time, particularly from a different school, is one of the most enjoyable 'wing chun experiences' that I can think of. Everything is just so unknown and unfamiliar that it is a real test of skill to be able to settle the body as quickly as is possible, to be as receptive and adaptive as is possible. It is usually under such circumstances, rolling with someone you know nothing about for the first time, where I feel most at danger and most likely to be hit, particularly when the opponent is 'skilled'.

lance
07-09-2013, 12:15 AM
Hi

jim That ' s an old video , gary just got cheap shot by this guy , and gary taught him a good lesson of his life . But it really does ' nt mean that gary lam is junk . If Bruce Lee was alive today and I went up to him to shake hands , and to complement him on his achievements in martial arts and at one time cheap shot him , you can bet that he ' ll put me in the hospital .

And that guy got the best type of punishment in his life for cheap shotting gary lam . Well , you cheap shot people you better expect the same kind of punishment back . It ' s easy to cheap shot people , but you ' ll never know about the retaliation .

LFJ
07-09-2013, 12:21 AM
Stop calling cheap shot... sheesh.

Not only did the guy get in on Gary cleanly and legally, but that was not even the worst part of Gary's game that day.

BPWT
07-09-2013, 01:14 AM
... but that was not even the worst part of Gary's game that day.

You mean something not caught on tape?

LFJ
07-09-2013, 01:33 AM
You mean something not caught on tape?

No. The rest of it.

hunt1
07-09-2013, 08:59 AM
WOW! What is the big deal. Everyone can be hit and has been hit! Well, except for PB and those that worship him.

Wayfaring
07-09-2013, 11:03 AM
I mean to me this whole exchange, other than the fact that it's taking place during one of Gary's seminars, is one that takes place definitely on a weekly basis in sparring.

Two guys start an exchange. One guy amps it up and sneaks in a hard shot past the guys guard. The other guy gets peeved and goes after him for a bit. Then things escalate until someone has a cognitive moment and realizes the escalation got a little beyond what they intended.

They slap hands.

Life goes on.

End of story.

Story's moral: In sparring don't hit a guy harder than you want to get hit.

Yet apparently in the WCK community, this occurrence causes six-part blog series of analysis. Bunch of frikkin Pointdexters.

sanjuro_ronin
07-09-2013, 11:26 AM
I mean to me this whole exchange, other than the fact that it's taking place during one of Gary's seminars, is one that takes place definitely on a weekly basis in sparring.

Two guys start an exchange. One guy amps it up and sneaks in a hard shot past the guys guard. The other guy gets peeved and goes after him for a bit. Then things escalate until someone has a cognitive moment and realizes the escalation got a little beyond what they intended.

They slap hands.

Life goes on.

End of story.

Yet apparently in the WCK community, this occurrence causes six-part blog series of analysis. Bunch of frikkin Pointdexters.

Game, set and match.

( alas, I can only hope, LOL)

lance
07-09-2013, 01:46 PM

Not only did the guy get in on Gary cleanly and legally, but that was not even the worst part of Gary's game that day. So if it was ' nt a cheap shot to you ? then what would you call it ? Well , no matter what you really think about Gary Lam , he still has alot of students right ? The samething what they said about bruce lee ? But he still is popular .

Because as gary was attacking the guy , he just gave up , he could ' ve continued the fight right ? But he did ' nt , because he had enough . But gary had humanity in himself right ? He was telling the guy that it ' s no big deal , so he let the guy go . Well this is my opinion towards your topic post , and you have your own opinions towards my topic post . But no matter what everybody think about gary lam himself , he still has alot of students and seminars to attend to , so what does it tell people ? Because in this world today no matter how good you really are always get somebody thats better than you .

LFJ
07-09-2013, 06:31 PM
@lance

You know who else has a lot of followers? Leung Ting... yeah, and?

Problem is, you didn't bother reading previous posts in this thread that explain why nothing in the exchange should have been considered a cheap shop. Maybe go back and read my previous post, and others.

LFJ
07-09-2013, 06:34 PM

Thing is, the guy didn't actually hit Gary hard at all. He simply got in on him fair and square and pushed him back a little. What got hit hard was Gary's pride and then the guy, who was obviously backing off once he saw Gary's emotion.

KPM
07-10-2013, 03:47 AM
Thing is, the guy didn't actually hit Gary hard at all. He simply got in on him fair and square and pushed him back a little. What got hit hard was Gary's pride and then the guy, who was obviously backing off once he saw Gary's emotion.

That's what I saw as well.

GlennR
07-10-2013, 04:17 AM
Game, set and match.

( alas, I can only hope, LOL)

Yes, hope indeed.

This whole topic needs to be put down like an old horse

LaRoux
07-16-2013, 02:26 PM
Hi

jim

That would be one guy dominating and humbling another guy in chi sao.

Has zero to do with fighting, however.

Grumblegeezer
07-16-2013, 03:04 PM

Not only did the guy get in on Gary cleanly and legally, but that was not even the worst part of Gary's game that day.

LFJ ...I have no stake in this argument as I've never even met Mr. Lam, but since you don't seem to get it, I can tell you exactly what makes it a "cheap shot" in my book.

When two people are rolling arms and the senior practitioner is being fairly passive (as compared to going totally offensive and running over you), it's quite possible for the junior practitioner to slip in an occasional shot ...like this guy did. As you described it "clean and legal". My students do it to me all the time. Good for them.

But to slip in a shot and then to break stick and jump back out of range, like some idiotic tournament point fighter is ...well, cheap. Here's why:

1. Real chi-sau isn't a game of tag. It's about getting into a position where you control the other guy's center and can hit him repeatedly if you so choose.

2. Let's be clear. This wasn't a fight, a challenge match or a contest. It was a demo. To play a game of tag like that against a senior during a demo and trying to "show off" is just plain rude, whether seen from the perspective of Asian or Western culture. If anyone can't see that, apparently they weren't taught much in the way of manners growing up.

LaRoux
07-16-2013, 04:51 PM
LFJ ...I have no stake in this argument as I've never even met Mr. Lam, but since you don't seem to get it, I can tell you exactly what makes it a "cheap shot" in my book.

When two people are rolling arms and the senior practitioner is being fairly passive (as compared to going totally offensive and running over you), it's quite possible for the junior practitioner to slip in an occasional shot ...like this guy did. As you described it "clean and legal". My students do it to me all the time. Good for them.

But to slip in a shot and then to break stick and jump back out of range, like some idiotic tournament point fighter is ...well, cheap. Here's why:

1. Real chi-sau isn't a game of tag. It's about getting into a position where you control the other guy's center and can hit him repeatedly if you so choose.

2. Let's be clear. This wasn't a fight, a challenge match or a contest. It was a demo. To play a game of tag like that against a senior during a demo and trying to "show off" is just plain rude, whether seen from the perspective of Asian or Western culture. If anyone can't see that, apparently they weren't taught much in the way of manners growing up.

Chi sao is tag. This guy just started playing a slightly different game of tag to compensate for the fact that Lam started using his size/weight differential in an attempt to dominate the other guy in the original game of tag.

LFJ
07-16-2013, 08:16 PM

And the guy could have totally done that. Gary rocked back on one foot from the push and then dropped both arms while the guy's hands were still up in his face. He could have completely embarrassed Gary right there, but rather chose to halt. You call that cheap? What would you have called it if he continued the pressure on Gary and embarrassed him like that?

It would have been fine, but Gary embarrassed himself with his emotional reaction to the guy getting in on him fair and square. They could have just reset and he tighten up his structure. That's what a real skillful senior would do. Show skill in response. Instead he showed emotion and use of his size to intimidate.

Even still, when Gary was trying to prove something the guy planted his hand on his face a couple more times. :o

kentchang
07-17-2013, 11:21 AM
Well said, instead of critizing the other guy, Gary Lam still has some room to improve his chi sao skill.

crazedjustice88
07-18-2013, 02:09 PM
And the guy could have totally done that. Gary rocked back on one foot from the push and then dropped both arms while the guy's hands were still up in his face. He could have completely embarrassed Gary right there, but rather chose to halt. You call that cheap? What would you have called it if he continued the pressure on Gary and embarrassed him like that?

It would have been fine, but Gary embarrassed himself with his emotional reaction to the guy getting in on him fair and square. They could have just reset and he tighten up his structure. That's what a real skillful senior would do. Show skill in response. Instead he showed emotion and use of his size to intimidate.

Even still, when Gary was trying to prove something the guy planted his hand on his face a couple more times. :o

Pretty much...

GlennR
07-18-2013, 03:04 PM
For the love of God, somebody please put this clip down

Vajramusti
07-18-2013, 03:27 PM
For the love of God, somebody please put this clip down
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Moderation has been asleep for a long long time

k gledhill
07-18-2013, 03:45 PM

Understatement of the year.

Wayfaring
07-18-2013, 04:12 PM
You mean this horse hasn't died already, been resurrected, lived a second full life only to be beaten senseless one more time?

guy b.
07-18-2013, 04:42 PM

This can be a good thing.

Eric_H
07-18-2013, 05:33 PM
This thread almost makes me miss terence.

GlennR
07-18-2013, 05:34 PM
This thread almost makes me miss terence.

Yes, bring him back i say!

And Victor too

KPM
07-19-2013, 04:00 AM

And Victor too

Ah! The good ole days! :D

Wayfaring
07-19-2013, 09:02 AM

And Victor too

Those guys have left for good by now and won't come back. That's the problem with moderation becoming more involved. First, it's too much of a time suck to do that for anyone moderating. Next, the community is dysfunctional, so trying to model an online forum where it is not is a losing proposition. And last, it always gravitates towards bans. Banning one part of a dysfunctional community makes a forum nothing more than a mouthpiece for another part of the dysfunctional community.

sanjuro_ronin
07-19-2013, 09:42 AM

This forum is lucky to have any moderation since none of us actually want to moderate it.
You're lucky to have Sihing do it.

Vajramusti
07-19-2013, 02:47 PM
This forum is lucky to have any moderation since none of us actually want to moderate it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Understood. But one can hope.

Paddington
07-20-2013, 10:23 PM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Understood. But one can hope.

Despite all the warts these forums are comparatively free from the the acute vitriol that can be found elsewhere.

Regardless, I and a few others offered to help mod these board but from what I have seen over the past couple of months, many seem to be self moderating now and the quality of contributions and debate has increased.

guy b.
07-22-2013, 04:52 AM
Despite all the warts these forums are comparatively free from the the acute vitriol that can be found elsewhere.

Regardless, I and a few others offered to help mod these board but from what I have seen over the past couple of months, many seem to be self moderating now and the quality of contributions and debate has increased.

I agree and feel more relaxed on here lately. One thing that gets me though is the posting on the forum by people that don't do wing chun and seem to want wing chun to be something it isn't. I can't really understand the motivation.

This thread is a good example of it:

http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65534