PDA

View Full Version : Way off topic:MTV's Real world

xingyiman
11-13-2001, 08:37 PM
You can tell I'm really bored as hell for posting this but, have any of you been watching the Real world or Road rules on MTV this season(or past seasons, for that matter)?? What's your opinion of the show?? its cast members?? I think it is the worst season ever for Real World. Never thought how much the show does NOT rpresent the REAL world: hooking up a bunch of spoiled brats in a mansion all expenses paid, sending them on vacation to another country(free again), the show is basically how they all fight and f--k each other. Anyway, your opinions??

Heres an interesting site that makes fun of the show:http://www.realworldblows.com

origenx
11-13-2001, 09:00 PM
Frankly, I think the cast-by-the-demographic-numbers show should be retitled "The Stereotypical World." Members are clearly chosen to fit color-in-the-lines cardboard cutouts in recipe-like proportions.

Here's the mix:
1) Coupla conservative and crazy white guys
2) Coupla cute sheltered and wild white chicks
3) Gay guy
4) Black playa and sista w/attitude
5) Other token minorities
6) Asian banana chic "rebelling" against her heritage

Not that I've watched the show much, but has there ever been anyone on there that HASN'T conformed to some jaded stereotype? Every cast just seems to be the same characters with different names.

Personally, I think it'd be far more interesting and refreshing to have a show where everyone on there DEFIED stereotypes, rather than reinforced them...

Then again, I think it'd be REALLY refreshing if MTV just started showing f*cking videos again!

Abstract
11-13-2001, 09:09 PM
I think it would be refreshing if MtfeckingV would just go out of business. i HATE that stupid A$$ station. :mad: :mad:

taking up space in Times Square and those stupid a$$ kids runnin around...ARRGHGHGHGHHHHH

-------------------------
In mildness is the strength of steel

MaFuYee
11-13-2001, 11:04 PM
what is this nonsense i'm reading?!?!
mtv's 'the grind', was the best show ever!

- neque mibi quisquam Judaeorum fabulas objiciat.

gazza99
11-13-2001, 11:18 PM
I was bored and watched an episode yesterday, the american guy (living in a house in london or somewhere) wanted to be a race car driver, so he just calls his dad and asks for 10000, his dads reply, "ok son I dont know how im going to get the money, but ill deposit it in your account tommorow"
This is not my real world borrowing money from daddy to support myself while living some fantasy euro-race car man fantasy. For god sake at least call it what it is

The fake world..
or
A rich kid elitist world

"Of course thats just my opinion, I could be wrong"-Dennis Miller
www.pressurepointfighting.com (http://www.pressurepointfighting.com)

Budokan
11-13-2001, 11:55 PM
I guess I'm kinda old. I remember MTV before they started showing tampon commercials.... :rolleyes:

I don't waste my time with this stupid fantasy television, but if someone out there thinks it's cool to watch then bully for them. (Despite the fact they are obviously a slack-jawed pencil-necked troglodyte...)

K. Mark Hoover

HuangKaiVun
11-14-2001, 12:20 AM
stupid waste of a thread.