PDA

View Full Version : Hey shut the door my chi is getting cold!

SanHeChuan
11-13-2001, 10:00 PM
Ok here is the deal ever since I start to focus my chi oh so many years ago I’ve felt a "cool" sensation instead of the warm sensation most people describe. (I also get a sensation very similar to trying to push to weak magnets together)

And I remember Robert smith say that some tai chi master had a different kind of chi (I cant find the article right now)

So what to you think? Have you ever hear of different kinds of chi?

===============================

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body"

Hou fa xian zhi
-start later, but reach first.

fa_jing
11-15-2001, 12:14 AM
I think there are several different kinds of Chi in the body, corresponding to different types of internal energy. I don't think anybody "has" Chi that others do not. It's a matter of which kind you have developed, coupled with how you are experiencing it. You may have heard of terms such as "water Chi" "fire chi" etc.
Just my opinion. -FJ

joedoe
11-15-2001, 05:26 AM
As I understand it, yes there are different kinds of qi. Also, I think people have a propensity towards different types of qi. I tend towards warm qi while s friend of mine tends to project cold qi.

It can be a problem if there is a loss of balance, but I guess your teacher could help you with that.

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
You're fu(king up my chi

SanHeChuan
11-15-2001, 05:55 AM
so i should be able to project warm chi as well with a little more effort?

===============================

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body"

Hou fa xian zhi
-start later, but reach first.

joedoe
11-15-2001, 05:58 AM
Not necessarily. It really depends on your own body's propensity towards warm or cold.

It may also be an imbalance so it may not be a good thing. I know some TCM doctors generally view cold qi as a bad thing.

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
You're fu(king up my chi