PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Peterson, The founder of SCAR

Raymond
11-13-2001, 10:13 PM
His SCAR site bad mouth every well known martial artists today: Paul Vunak, the Gracies, etc...
Is he legit??? I bought his tapes before. I think its mostly hype. He got a lot of good concepts but I don't think he can pull it off in
a real fight. What do you guys think???

DragonzRage
11-13-2001, 10:14 PM
Personally, I think the guy is full of crap...just another one of those get rich quick magazine ad warriors trying to sell a bunch of BS tapes to idiots.

toddbringewatt
11-13-2001, 10:20 PM
Read the article on the site from Men's Fitness. I did and was quite impressed. I think you can't argue with success. Who are these guy's clients? Have his principles been tested in REAL COMBAT? Worth checking out.

"Bruce Leroy. That's who!"

LEGEND
11-13-2001, 11:01 PM
SCAR is an israel system...Jerry Peterson can badmouth whomever oh well...he doesn't back it up. So who cares??? Scar is a good system...but it's no different in my opinion to the JKD, and other systems out there.

A

fiercest tiger
11-13-2001, 11:39 PM
i didnt know it was an israel system, i thought it was a mixture of san soo and other stuff put together to form it?

also the u.s seal teams where taught it! i could be wrong here. :)

come & visit us!
http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

LEGEND
11-13-2001, 11:44 PM
fiercest tiger...the navy seals are taught by a lot of peeps including paul vunak...yup...scars is like krav magrav...it's all the same concept...eye gouge, biting, nut strikes...

A

ewallace
11-14-2001, 12:04 AM
This is paraphrased from an interview with Master Bill Hulsey:

"I promoted Jerry Peterson, founder of the SCARS system, to black belt in San Soo right here in Bellflower, Ca. He is also a personal friend of mine. He went on to recieve his masters degree from Jimmy H. Woo. That is why similarities exist. Whenever Kung Fu San Soo is changed or modified it can no longer be called Kung Fu San Soo."

Victory goes to he who makes the next-to-last mistake.

Stranger
11-14-2001, 01:39 AM
Jerry Peterson lies.

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

Ryu
11-14-2001, 01:42 AM
There is a respected martial arts video review out there that talks about this....

It's worth seeing!

The SCARS stuff does NOT have a good name in most MA circles I've heard of.

I'll try to find the link...
but let me do it later. ;)

Ryu

http://home.vobis.net/user/roy/anime/images/streetfighter15.jpg

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

MIKSANSOO
11-14-2001, 06:32 AM
scars is generally looked down on in the san soo community. i for one have not seen scars being practiced so i wouldn't be able to comment on how it looks. i do know that peterson was sued and he lost in regards to it being stolen from san soo. (just to compress the issue). many who are involved don't like to comment or talk about it. :)

"you can take my life, but not my confidence"
Jimmy H. Woo

shinwa
11-14-2001, 07:38 AM
<sarcasm> Wow a martial arts with eye gouges and groin strikes? Revolution!</sacasm>

The same methods exist in hundreds of other arts. Any kick can be aimed at any target etc etc. Doesn't mean you'll connect of course. As if striking the eyes or the throat is a new concept.