PDA

View Full Version : King of the Ring, if you have the heart, time, and dedication

Raymond
11-13-2001, 11:10 PM
Muay Thai is known for its brutal techniques and superb conditioning. Thai fighters from Thailand
basically train like a mad man. Its a way of life for them. Its hard not to be good when you train realisticly and put in the hard work daily.

Is Muay Thai a "good street art" if you don't have
a lot of time to train? How importance is conditioning in Muay Thai? Can you be a good fighter without the intense, superhuman like conditioning in Muay Thai? Will training in the long term have any negative effects on your body?
Also will training in the long term lessen your ability to protect yourself, due to diminish strength and conditioning? Any Thai fighters like to answer these questions??? Thanks in advance.

LEGEND
11-14-2001, 12:24 AM
Is Muay Thai a "good street art" if you don't have
a lot of time to train?

"Muy thai can be done 2 or 3x a day for an hour or 2 a day...it's a simple style based on combos."

How importance is conditioning in Muay Thai? Can you be a good fighter without the intense, superhuman like conditioning in Muay Thai?

"Any style can be modified to your advantage...and muy thai is among the easiest."

Will training in the long term have any negative effects on your body?

"well since u won't be fighting in thai tourneys...u'll be ok lol."

Also will training in the long term lessen your ability to protect yourself, due to diminish strength and conditioning?

"nah dood...if u do muy thai u'll be strong as hell cause u're body will be use to the strength and conditioning."

Any Thai fighters like to answer these questions??? Thanks in advance.

"one thing I should tell u that it's a matter of preference...muy thai has an easy learning curve. It has a brutal rep...but u don't have to train that hard! In the street it's nothing more than a tool...especially if u're unarmed and depends on who u're fighting( how much the badguy weights and his exp etc... )...for my ass I use more grappling but that's cause it's more natural for me..."

A

Raymond
11-14-2001, 12:34 AM
Legend, thank you. The info. is very useful and helpful.