View Full Version : the power of willow

Hendrik
08-12-2013, 05:03 PM
for those who is interested only

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUcsrAF-hp0

Eric_H
08-12-2013, 05:07 PM
Hey Hendrik,

Maybe you could make an email list people can opt-in on instead of broadcasting to everyone with the caveat "for those who is interested only"

A lot of folks have success with AWeber and the like.

Hendrik
08-13-2013, 09:28 AM
Anyone who is having lower back , knees, leg stress problems in yjkym or long standing practice snt, try the two keys in the YouTube, see how the power of willow transform you to Jong or standing stake.

Try it experience for yourself. Result speak better then words.

Paddington
08-13-2013, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the video and the clarification on the order. What do you mean by back of knees?

Hendrik
08-13-2013, 02:55 PM
When you use your knee joint , use the back of the knee cap side instead of the knee cap side.

Try these two keys of willow in your yjkym, it should turn on your willow power right away you will feel the different.

Let me know your result.

Thanks for the video and the clarification on the order. What do you mean by back of knees?

Hendrik
08-13-2013, 02:58 PM
Any one willing to just follow the two keys instruction and apply them to your yjkym and share your experience?

Even if you are doing kneelings stance or rack stance, just apply this two keys of willow power, it will transform your stance to Jong type.

And you can now really " root" with ease .

Try it and you shall see.

Paddington
08-13-2013, 03:18 PM
What do you mean by use the back of the knee joint? What is the context here?

Hendrik
08-13-2013, 06:08 PM
Ie. not loading or pressure or compress or apply force the knee cap area , instead , loading or use or apply force at the back or behind of the knee joint or the muscle part of the knee. Or area around the BL40 accupuncture point.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bl40+acupuncture+point&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#biv=i%7C3%3Bd%7Cf-8AJf2euWA6NM%3A

What do you mean by use the back of the knee joint? What is the context here?

Hendrik
08-13-2013, 06:29 PM
Staking force vector into ground.

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1244158&postcount=27

I have lead those who join me in last week two days intensive experience this as in the diagram. You need the standing stake or Jong or willow way to get this.

Paddington
08-14-2013, 02:49 AM
Personally, I don't mind Hendrik's posts and have enjoyed, on occasion, the content there in. Granted, posting a few threads a day on similar topics would be to spam the boards but looking at his posting history, we are not at that level yet.

LoneTiger108
08-14-2013, 04:18 AM
Okay I'm going to ask a question and try to contirbute on one of Hendriks' threads, hopefully without the arrogance he has displayed on my own thread...

So my question is, what Wing Chun method of training can be used to achieve this 'willow' effect or stake jong?

I ask because it concerns me that people who have been in the system for any length of time will have the ailments Hendrik mentioned, because I for one have been healed by my YJKYM practise and understanding.

Hendrik
08-14-2013, 05:51 AM
So my question is, what Wing Chun method of training can be used to achieve this 'willow' effect or stake jong?

It is clearly present in the YouTube.

I ask because it concerns me that people who have been in the system for any length of time will have the ailments Hendrik mentioned, because I for one have been healed by my YJKYM practise and understanding.

Heal and understanding is a fuzzy word.

First you need to ask yourself,
Is you yjkym practicing kneeling stance, stack , or Jong. And
What is rooting means and how is it done?

Hendrik
08-14-2013, 08:41 AM
John has told me last year in this forum.

Lots of People don't like it when we present facture information.
When they don't know, when they are wrong , they will against and oppose you.

Well, as the two keys of the power of willow. Do you rather I tell you the truth or keep you in dark for life time , lock you out from the power of willow of yjkym for martial art and health purpose?

It is just weeks ago, I ask Jim Rosalendo to release late Gm Fung chun of kulo the grand student of dr. Leung jan YouTube on Gm Fung chun clearly describe the lower part of the body, the Leg has to the loose. It is not wide shao Lin stance, Wck is not big horse wide stance shao lin art.

The two keys in the power of willow YouTube is to present how to develop that loose lower body of what the old timer such as late Gm Fung chun and yuen chai wan show.

So, the issue is do you rather know the fact or you rather I am shut up so that you can think Wck the way you like it to be ,but got nothing to do with how the Wck in the past practice? Your choice. I am ok with it. I know many love critical thinking, beurocratic thinking......etc , they rather go doubting is it WCk 1850 and asking for proof for next decades then spend five minute to unlock they yjkym and accept the reality on how things work.

It takes only five minutes to test out the two keys to see the result , does it works? Disregards of how you stand in your yjkym or zhuang zhuang, it will help , see for yourself.

Btw. That two keys is called sum fatt or mind method. Just to know the mind method such as the sequence of the loose up one can unlock the door otherwise one can train hard for life time but never get there because cooking sand cannot make rice.

Thus, the key of yjkym is not clamping knees not clamping ankle , clamping kness and clamping ankle just block the force path and load the joints for tear and wear. It is like lock up the wheel of a landing aircraft.

I leave it for you all in the mean time, I release enough information for now. And will take a break.

Btw, Spencer, kuit is not a poetry , if it is a poetry it is meaningless. Kuit is like the two keys I am presenting. Thus, not every writing is kuit. I am not pick up at your poetry you post, but the imformation there are just misleading in real life Wck.

kentchang
08-14-2013, 10:43 AM
Lots of People don't like it when we present facture information.
When they don't know, when they are wrong , they will against and oppose you.

When you cannot define what you say in actions or in words, people have good reason to question what's your point by comparing SNT to something else from your previous post?

Red boat era snt basic in brief
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66240

LoneTiger108
08-14-2013, 03:13 PM

It is clearly present in the YouTube.

I will try and grab a free half hour and sit it out but from skimming through I see no demonstration as such of a physical exercise to benefit my understanding YJKYM.

If you are simply talking I will have to listen and see.

Heal and understanding is a fuzzy word.

First you need to ask yourself,
Is you yjkym practicing kneeling stance, stack , or Jong. And
What is rooting means and how is it done?

Not fuzzy words for me as they explain my experience.

Probably practising all three at different times, if not more.

Rooting happens when a tree sets its roots firmly so as it can grow strong. :D

Hendrik
08-14-2013, 05:25 PM
Try both YouTubes on willow and stance see if you like it.

I will try and grab a free half hour and sit it out but from skimming through I see no demonstration as such of a physical exercise to benefit my understanding YJKYM.

If you are simply talking I will have to listen and see.

Not fuzzy words for me as they explain my experience.

Probably practising all three at different times, if not more.

Rooting happens when a tree sets its roots firmly so as it can grow strong. :D

Shads
08-15-2013, 12:20 AM
only power of willow involved in fighting is when someone smacks you on the head with a cricket bat.

tc101
08-15-2013, 04:50 AM
only power of willow involved in fighting is when someone smacks you on the head with a cricket bat.

I am sorry but you are confused. Mr. Armchair Hendrik does not talk about fighting. He is a Buddhist and does not fight. This is why he practices wing chun so that he does not need to fight. He does SLT to reach samadhi state. You should listen to this guy who does not fight tell you how wing chun really works. He knows because he has read some kuit, he practices the forms. If you pay attention one day you too can have the willow power of non fighting.

k gledhill
08-15-2013, 07:43 AM

Nice one , lmao !

Hendrik
08-15-2013, 11:07 AM
Why is Jong or standing stake is critical in SNT training and Wck core development.

For those who have not yet watch my YouTube on stance in 1850 snt and wing chun 1850 power of willow. You need to watch it so you know the details of what I talk about specifically.

Refer to these two YouTubes,
What happen is

Kneeling stance needs to always have a muscle grip power to stabilize the stance.

Rack needs to always have a wide based and holding structure to stabilize the stance.

Thus, when one needs to take a step of switch step, one always has to settle with this stabilizer . The stabilizer is actually causing stagnation , holding you back, and wasting power. Make those stance not able to response instantaneously.

As for in standing stake, one doesn't need these stabilizer in a large degree. So, Jong or standing stake actually more efficient and faster to response.

in jong, or standing stake, one needs to know the power of willow, or else one also will run in instability.

Thus, in mobility purpose Jong or standing stake is the key of SNT , and in. Addition, Jong develop Jin or force change path and jin flow to satisfy the force rise from ground or 力從地起 which both kneeling Stance and rack doesn't.

Thus, we know how this standing stake, power of willow, and force change flow are proper for the snt yjkym development. Only go this direction will one develop what was described in the wck past .

Hendrik
08-15-2013, 11:14 AM
So are you wcners ready to switch to 1850 Wck snt ?
It is just very simple to transform your kneeling stance or rack, just practice the two keys in the power of the willow YouTube. That will transform you instantaneously, suddenly you feel you don't need all those stabilizer power to stand stable with ease.
Try it and see for yourself.

If you like it and want to go further, do YKT drill 1. For a week with ten mins per day . That is all, you transform .

EternalSpring
08-15-2013, 11:54 AM
indeed, Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer was quite the powerful witch
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-wFSGVjH-ag0/TmfORv-SLHI/AAAAAAAAAIk/zawmNXAuE1g/s1600/dark%252Bwillow.jpg

LoneTiger108
08-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Try both YouTubes on willow and stance see if you like it.

So... I watched the clip Hendrik and have to say you are a hard man to understand because in the whole 30mins there seemed to be only about 2mins of important information from what I could make out?

I only wish you would try to understand me better and put in the same amount of time I do to try and understand you.

FWIW the 2mins of info I gather is special to you but for me this sort of thing was taught very very early in my training. We develop our YGKYM in a different way, and now I also know we are using a different language too. The 7th bow you mention under the foot (the sole) I have trained directly on the plum flower posts and I do not consider that the 7th of anything but it IS very important for ppl to understand at the very beginning so kudos for trying to bring it to light.

The stake too building from the base upwards through the 6 joints I have also done and my Sifu always talks of being loose and building from the base upwards so again I think I understand you.

But I get the feeling you will now tell me I am wrong but I can only expect that considering we have never met and you do seem to put across the air of ignorance when it comes to us westerners who train Wing Chun. I can only say I have tried so hope you can take something positive from my feedback...

Wayfaring
08-15-2013, 12:44 PM
Why is Jong or standing stake is critical in SNT training and Wck core development.

For those who have not yet watch my YouTube on stance in 1850 snt and wing chun 1850 power of willow. You need to watch it so you know the details of what I talk about specifically.

Refer to these two YouTubes,
What happen is

Kneeling stance needs to always have a muscle grip power to stabilize the stance.

Rack needs to always have a wide based and holding structure to stabilize the stance.

Thus, when one needs to take a step of switch step, one always has to settle with this stabilizer . The stabilizer is actually causing stagnation , holding you back, and wasting power. Make those stance not able to response instantaneously.

As for in standing stake, one doesn't need these stabilizer in a large degree. So, Jong or standing stake actually more efficient and faster to response.

in jong, or standing stake, one needs to know the power of willow, or else one also will run in instability.

Thus, in mobility purpose Jong or standing stake is the key of SNT , and in. Addition, Jong develop Jin or force change path and jin flow to satisfy the force rise from ground or 力從地起 which both kneeling Stance and rack doesn't.

Thus, we know how this standing stake, power of willow, and force change flow are proper for the snt yjkym development. Only go this direction will one develop what was described in the wck past .

Hendrik, I've watched both videos. I was looking for some concrete instruction. I found none. What do I mean by concrete instruction? I mean that, instead of a 30 minute video of basically you in front of a camera asking yourself questions and answering them, I mean something like more of a 5-10 minute video illustrating the exercises you are recommending. And by illustrating I mean you actually performing the exercises so someone could watch them and imitate. From there can be a start point for discussion.

Right now all there is consists of discussion, discussion, more discussion. Then a question and answer session with yourself, or one other. Arguments over what is "real" 1850 WCK. And that doesn't include other lineages. [HFY for example has a figure Hung Gun Biu in it's kuit over that same rough time period].

If you want YKT's legacy to continue, can you put a little more effort into organizing content in how you are teaching it? Can you demonstrate it so people can see it more easily and clearly?

I mean look at this post itself and think about it. Do you think an average person could read this and figure out what exercises they should do to get the result you describe? or how to do them?

I mean nobody wants to deny a lineage the right to exist. But c'mon, man.

LoneTiger108
08-15-2013, 12:47 PM
As I am quite open about how I practise and like to share, can you tell me what you see from one of my clips? Can you see the stake jong method in use during our rehearsal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uivhImHH4hw&feature=share&list=UU-DcKCfdjrILU3MZRmKefHA

I ask that you notice why we 'jump' and pull our feet together at the end of the SLT set, as this is an indicator that we practise on the plum flower posts. Also during the set look how loose the upper & lower body is, it remains solid yet soft and natural, given away by the gentle rocking of the body, again an indicator that we do exaggerate for performances.

The Snake & Crane interaction is also one of our main methods to develop the YJKYM. The snake being myself and Barry (the stationary guys) and the cranes being the students moving across us with various hand sets. This is our signature Looksau training, which revolves the seed of bong, tan and fook in a compliant interactive drill. No attack or defence. Just pure mobile fusion :) This helps the body get used to the 'aliveness' of the fight and make the tiny adjustments needed to remain in fusion with our training partners.

There are moments when me and B stand back to back and begin to apply small tests for the students to receive before going into further single man drills and the final attack and defence exercises.

I am fully aware of how different we look to the regular Wing Chun we can all see online and this is just one of our reasons for creating small troupes like this for demonstrations. I feel we give a good image of our Wing Chun system taught by our Sifu, and it is a nice representation of the Lee Shing Family although others may well disagree.

I leave it for you to spend 10mins to see if what I am saying makes any sense to you or anyone else here at all...

Hendrik
08-15-2013, 01:26 PM
1. What I present is Wck common dinominator it is not my right Wck and your wrong Wck.

2. If you have it great!

So... I watched the clip Hendrik and have to say you are a hard man to understand because in the whole 30mins there seemed to be only about 2mins of important information from what I could make out?

I only wish you would try to understand me better and put in the same amount of time I do to try and understand you.

FWIW the 2mins of info I gather is special to you but for me this sort of thing was taught very very early in my training. We develop our YGKYM in a different way, and now I also know we are using a different language too. The 7th bow you mention under the foot (the sole) I have trained directly on the plum flower posts and I do not consider that the 7th of anything but it IS very important for ppl to understand at the very beginning so kudos for trying to bring it to light.

The stake too building from the base upwards through the 6 joints I have also done and my Sifu always talks of being loose and building from the base upwards so again I think I understand you.

But I get the feeling you will now tell me I am wrong but I can only expect that considering we have never met and you do seem to put across the air of ignorance when it comes to us westerners who train Wing Chun. I can only say I have tried so hope you can take something positive from my feedback...

Hendrik
08-15-2013, 01:33 PM
Great!

Continuous to get deeper.

As I am quite open about how I practise and like to share, can you tell me what you see from one of my clips? Can you see the stake jong method in use during our rehearsal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uivhImHH4hw&feature=share&list=UU-DcKCfdjrILU3MZRmKefHA

I ask that you notice why we 'jump' and pull our feet together at the end of the SLT set, as this is an indicator that we practise on the plum flower posts. Also during the set look how loose the upper & lower body is, it remains solid yet soft and natural, given away by the gentle rocking of the body, again an indicator that we do exaggerate for performances.

The Snake & Crane interaction is also one of our main methods to develop the YJKYM. The snake being myself and Barry (the stationary guys) and the cranes being the students moving across us with various hand sets. This is our signature Looksau training, which revolves the seed of bong, tan and fook in a compliant interactive drill. No attack or defence. Just pure mobile fusion :) This helps the body get used to the 'aliveness' of the fight and make the tiny adjustments needed to remain in fusion with our training partners.

There are moments when me and B stand back to back and begin to apply small tests for the students to receive before going into further single man drills and the final attack and defence exercises.

I am fully aware of how different we look to the regular Wing Chun we can all see online and this is just one of our reasons for creating small troupes like this for demonstrations. I feel we give a good image of our Wing Chun system taught by our Sifu, and it is a nice representation of the Lee Shing Family although others may well disagree.

I leave it for you to spend 10mins to see if what I am saying makes any sense to you or anyone else here at all...

Paddington
08-15-2013, 01:43 PM
[...]
If you want YKT's legacy to continue, can you put a little more effort into organizing content in how you are teaching it? Can you demonstrate it so people can see it more easily and clearly?

I think this is some great advice for Hendrik. On a positive note, I do see some improvement in articulation with each iteration.

Hendrik
08-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Great advise thanks!

Do you follow me? Do you get it? May be you can share your view l that way I know how the receiving side see.

I think this is some great advice for Hendrik. On a positive note, I do see some improvement in articulation with each iteration.

wingchunIan
08-19-2013, 12:03 AM

lol, but I think Hendrick is US based so you might have to post a clip to explain the cricket reference.