PDA

View Full Version : OW! MY LEG!

Sharky
11-14-2001, 01:46 AM
Man, i'm thinking of going to the kickboxing classes at uni, on tuesday, so i re-incorporated leg stretches into my workout today. Abotu 6 months ago, i could do the splits, and i'm quite flexible. But lately i haven't stretched, say for like the last 3 months. Anyway, i can get my chest to my knees now, after getting back into the flow, but as soon as i try doing the splits (sideways) i get a HORRIBLE sharp pain on the inside of my right leg. It's not groin related.

Pulled muscle? Nah. But, it's odd, i haven't done anything that could pull it for a couple of months, and i haven't been stretching. I've felt it twinge a couple of times since i quit stretching. But it can feel it straight away before i even get deep into it. It feels sensitive, like i'd sprained/pulled it like a week ago, and it's healing or something, but i know this isn't the case. It doesn't feel like the "comfortable pain" you get when stretching. It's sharp, like a knife.

Any thoughts on what it could be? It hurt enough for me to quit my workout :(

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Sharky
11-14-2001, 03:25 AM
ok new questions - do you stretch then warm up, or warm up then stretch?

and what qualifies as a warm up?

Stranger
11-14-2001, 03:27 AM
Warm-up
light stretch
workout
deep stretch and cool down....

has been working for me so far.

Warm-up= a light sweat

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

joedoe
11-14-2001, 03:35 AM
Stranger is correct.

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
You're fu(king up my chi

Budokan
11-14-2001, 03:48 AM
This thread is eerily similar to the "Ow My Nutts" thread.

K. Mark Hoover

Sharky
11-14-2001, 03:54 AM
except it isn't my nutts.

Budokan
11-14-2001, 04:03 AM
Right. Just your legg.

K. Mark Hoover

Sharky
11-14-2001, 04:06 AM
right.

joedoe
11-14-2001, 04:09 AM
Sure it's not your nuts? Cause if it is then we don't relly need to discuss this anymore :)

You're fu(king up my chi

Sharky
11-14-2001, 04:10 AM
sure

Sharky
11-14-2001, 04:11 AM
If it were my nuts, you'd know about it already.

joedoe
11-14-2001, 04:14 AM
Can we pretend it's your nuts?

You're fu(king up my chi

Sharky
11-14-2001, 04:15 AM
why u care about my nuts so much?

joedoe
11-14-2001, 04:44 AM
Well ... ok so I am just being lazy and not able to give any advice so I thought I might try and make things a bit livelier :D

You're fu(king up my chi

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-14-2001, 09:14 AM
"can we pretend it's your nuts"

LMAO

where's my beer?

joedoe
11-15-2001, 05:30 AM
In all seriousness Sharky, how are your nuts? Ooops. I mean how is your leg? :D

You're fu(king up my chi

KC Elbows
11-15-2001, 04:50 PM
Are we talking about the rolling stones? :D

KC Elbows
11-15-2001, 04:55 PM
BTW, I know exactly which sensation you're talking about. Split-wise, I have no natural flexibility, so everything I've gained is through hard work. I get that pain, inside of the upper leg, right? I usually only get it on the right side, but that's just me.

Don't rush the flexibility thing. If you're young, you can push it a little more, but older, you should be patient, and take the slow but safe road to flexibility.

Granted, I'm not an expert on the topic, I just have experienced that pain.

The groin thing I can't help you with, so you'll have to handle that problem for yourself. Fortunately, you've got plenty of experience. :p

shaolinboxer
11-15-2001, 04:57 PM
Is the pain on the side of the knee, or in the back towards one side?

The only way to determine what it really is is to have an MRI.

I had one for sharp pains in my knee, in the back toward the left side, and it turned out to be a small tear in my meniscus (which does not ever heal, btw, but is treatable).

Badger
11-15-2001, 04:58 PM
I hope this loose nut thing isn't catching!

Badger

There's a little poop in all of us.

Duncan
11-15-2001, 05:05 PM
In the *stupid* thread I revealed a personal story about my own nuts, but nobody gives a ****.

What's wrong with people these days? Has Sharky got bigger nuts than me or something?

Maybe you squished one of them when doing the splits, S? I once sat on mine when getting into a car... brought tears to my one eye (errr... is that too rude for this forum) :eek:

*I just meet what I would be if I wasd a hot women attracted to me* - Unity (message on general Kung Fu forum)

*Fook the lot of 'em*

Budokan
11-15-2001, 06:06 PM
Yes, Sharky has bigger nuts than you and we're all quite impressed with their blue-ball size and as equally unconcerned with your earlier nut-pain. I know that's not fair, but we've picked Sharky's nuts to be concerned about and that just pretty much leaves everybody else out who has nuts. Of course, this does not apply to Rolls as he's nutless anyway.

On another note, I've noticed that quite a few people are now running around with some form of Friend of Man's "I just meet what I would be if I wasd a hot women attracted to me" quote at the bottom of their profile. Boy, did he ever tap into our psyche with that cryptic statement!

K. Mark Hoover

Sharky
11-15-2001, 06:47 PM
my nuts are the sh.it, while your nuts are sh.it.

KC - "Don't rush the flexibility thing. If you're young, you can push it a little more, but older, you should be patient, and take the slow but safe road to flexibility."

2 months ago i could do the splits. i stopped stretching so much, but still should have ok flexability. i have put a lot of time into stretching and know what feels wrong man. i'll have another try tonight after a light workout to see if it's any better. my worry is that i haven't done anything which should upset it, yet it feels like someone is stabbing me in my leg, with a real sharp knife.

it sucks :(

KC Elbows
11-15-2001, 06:57 PM
1) Is anyone stabbing you in the leg with a really sharp knife?

2) How old are you? In my experience, over thirty, two months without stretching is practically start over from scratch time, but you might be different.

3) What stretch are you doing when you feel this most accutely?

City, your toast will never go unbuttered again! -The Tic

KC Elbows
11-15-2001, 06:59 PM
If you do feel it is an injury, you might want to take it easy and not do anything that aggravates it for a little while, see if it goes away.

Sharky
11-15-2001, 07:00 PM
i'm 19. there were no sharp implements involved. the stretch that does it is sideways splits.

thing is, i HAVE rested it - for a month!

KC Elbows
11-15-2001, 07:07 PM
Might want to get it checked out.

If its any consolation, as of today, you are dominating the forum top ten topics with your girl, and leg/nutsack problems. I'm trying to keep up, but all I've got is one lowly Tic thread.

We're all very proud of you.

Budokan
11-15-2001, 07:50 PM
Yes. You're our hero.

K. Mark Hoover

Wongsifu
11-15-2001, 10:06 PM
about this warm up then strech vs stretch then warmup i believe its better to stretch cold because the cold elasticity of you legs increases. which means that when you do a warm up also before say a competition it an added bonus , ;ike a weight lifter who doesnt wear weight lifitng gloves so as to improve his grip, when he finally wears gloves he will lift more.

what do bin laden and general custer have in common????
They're both wondering where the fu(k all of those tomahawks are coming from. - donated by mojo