PDA

View Full Version : 1550 Wing Chun

GlennR
08-19-2013, 07:18 PM
So i have been doing my research and am proud to release the original 1550 Wing Chun to you

The founder was Zhang Songxi (c. 1520- c.1590) a martial artist from the city of Ningbo, a busy port in Zhejiang Province (immediately north of Fujian).

Its a lengthy article but worth a read if you are interested in the origin of Wing Chun DNA

http://chinesemartialstudies.com/2012/09/07/zhang-songxi-ming-era-southern-boxing-and-the-ancient-roots-of-modern-wing-chun/

More soon.......for those that are interested!

Paddington
08-20-2013, 02:58 AM
Nice article. You are on a mission aren't you GlennR?

GlennR
08-20-2013, 03:20 AM
Nice article. You are on a mission aren't you GlennR?

A mission?

Not quite to that level but im just highlighting the fact that other people, well researched from what i can see in this case, have other theories ideas etc

I think thats great ,and its great that Hendrik does as well, but the difference is that the author says things such as "my theory" , "it could be", "maybe this happened" and so on

He puts it forward as his theory and acknowledges that the period is too blurry and poorly documented to give facts regarding either history and/or definitive knowledge of where/how the style evolved.

Its a great, thought inducing article as are the others he has written on related topics.

Is he right? Dont know and neither does he.

What is the obvious, IMO, difference between Hendrik and this author is that he doesnt appear to have an agenda which Hendrik does.

Anyway, i obviously put this up as a bit of fun but i find it a pretty good site

bawang
08-20-2013, 07:26 AM
the article traces wing chun back to qijiguang 32 taizu longfist

ROFL

k gledhill
08-20-2013, 08:23 AM
Rolling hedgehog , crouching tiger doesn't have that same ring to it ; )

EternalSpring
08-20-2013, 09:41 AM
You may have added fuel to the fire!

from the article:

From my point of view, a dispassionate reading of the evidence would indicate that Wing Chun is also a product of the Pearl River, probably dating to the early or mid-19th century.

Hendrik
08-20-2013, 01:43 PM
I sure have an agenda, and my agenda is to provide key for every red boat Wck decendent to turn on their snt engine if they are willing to.

To turn on snt engine is not an opinion, not a marketing sweet talk. But provide key to turn on the engine.

Who cares about which author or i wrote what? Who has what theory. The bottom line is if you can't turn on the snt six elements of snt , all theory are garbage.

History is serving for tracking wck technology, not poetry writing class , not archeological paper writing, not bruerocratic carbon test for date code.

Do you know the Wck momentum DNA? Can you handling the force change the snt way? If not what's the point to spend all the time? Don't many say Wck is for fighting? How can one fight with Wck if one doesn't even develop the core technology?

What is the obvious, IMO, difference between Hendrik and this author is that he doesnt appear to have an agenda which Hendrik does.

GlennR
08-20-2013, 03:09 PM
I sure have an agenda, and my agenda is to provide key for every red boat Wck decendent to turn on their snt engine if they are willing to.

To turn on snt engine is not an opinion, not a marketing sweet talk. But provide key to turn on the engine.

Who cares about which author or i wrote what? Who has what theory. The bottom line is if you can't turn on the snt six elements of snt , all theory are garbage.

History is serving for tracking wck technology, not poetry writing class , not archeological paper writing, not bruerocratic carbon test for date code.

Do you know the Wck momentum DNA? Can you handling the force change the snt way? If not what's the point to spend all the time? Don't many say Wck is for fighting? How can one fight with Wck if one doesn't even develop the core technology?

Listen carefully, you seem hard of hearing and still dont get the point of my post.

Who confirms your theorys?

You talk of officials, what officials have ticked your ideas as correct?

Who else is releasing this information?

Has it been peer reviewed?

Basically, what makes you right?

Hendrik
08-20-2013, 04:02 PM
Your body will confirm what I am saying is a fact when you use the key to practice snt.
That simple.

Listen carefully, you seem hard of hearing and still dont get the point of my post.

Who confirms your theorys?

You talk of officials, what officials have ticked your ideas as correct?

Who else is releasing this information?

Has it been peer reviewed?

Basically, what makes you right?

GlennR
08-20-2013, 08:17 PM
Your body will confirm what I am saying is a fact when you use the key to practice snt.
That simple.

Who says so??

Why should anyone trust you when you can't tell anybody the answer to any of the questions you have been asked?

Hendrik
08-20-2013, 08:32 PM
You don't have to. And I am not asking you.
And in fact careless if you get it or not. Those who get their snt power up knows. That simple.

Who says so??

Why should anyone trust you when you can't tell anybody the answer to any of the questions you have been asked?

Pete
08-20-2013, 10:38 PM
and what the hell is snt? :confused: small ninja turtle is the only thing i can think of :(

LFJ
08-20-2013, 11:02 PM
and what the hell is snt? :confused: small ninja turtle is the only thing i can think of :(

Siu-nim-tau, the first form.

GlennR
08-21-2013, 03:58 AM
That simple.

Ahhhhh, so blind faith without evidence is required??

So you are basically saying;

- You have no evidence to back your claims

- You have not had your research critiqued by people qualified to do so

- You are not willing to have your research peer reviewed

- You wont train with anyone unless they are an "1850er"

Pretty good case there to follow your ideas (sarcastic tone implied)

Pete
08-21-2013, 05:24 AM
Siu-nim-tau, the first form.

ooooh brain ****...thanks :) i always heard "siu lim tau" so didn't put it together!

edit: **** is censored? haha... guff?

edit2: turn on my snt engine? still don't get that :P

LFJ
08-21-2013, 05:37 AM
i always heard "siu lim tau" so didn't put it together!

Often Hong Kong, or just "lazy", Cantonese pronunciation turns all the standard N's to L's, e.g. "nei hou" (hello) becomes "lei hou". :p Siu-nim-tau becomes Siu-lim-tau.

guy b.
08-21-2013, 05:43 AM
Who says so??

He's saying your body will tell you, i.e. it will feel right, you will notice a positive difference. This doesn't require an authority to give you the ok.

Whether Hendrik's teaching would actually allow you to learn and follow his method is another question.

Pete
08-21-2013, 07:21 AM
Often Hong Kong, or just "lazy", Cantonese pronunciation turns all the standard N's to L's, e.g. "nei hou" (hello) becomes "lei hou". :p Siu-nim-tau becomes Siu-lim-tau.

oh haha learn something new everyday! thanks :p

Wayfaring
08-21-2013, 10:08 AM

Interesting. HFY lore terms SLT the "application / san sou " approach, and SNT the "system" approach involving everything not just fighting application. The lazy 'N' to 'L' common in the language takes on a significance there in some oral lore.

Hendrik
08-21-2013, 10:19 AM
Let human body tell the truth of the Wck design.

He's saying your body will tell you, i.e. it will feel right, you will notice a positive difference. This doesn't require an authority to give you the ok.

Whether Hendrik's teaching would actually allow you to learn and follow his method is another question.

Wayfaring
08-21-2013, 10:24 AM

My body tells me that it feels right not to watch any more of Hendrik's videos until he puts some more time into coherent instruction and clear organization of content.

bawang
08-21-2013, 10:54 AM
My body tells me that it feels right not to watch any more of Hendrik's videos until he puts some more time into coherent instruction and clear organization of content.
I think he is hungry ghost. his video will suck your chi.

Wayfaring
08-21-2013, 11:07 AM
I think he is hungry ghost. his video will suck your chi.

I think I saw one of those while playing "Fallout 3". They stand in a meditation stance until you get too close to them, then latch themselves onto you and drain your energy while you are trying to kill them with a lead pipe.

GlennR
08-21-2013, 02:41 PM

Didn't the cigarette company's used to say this about smoking??

And if the best he can say is "it will feel better".... i for one will pass

GlennR
08-21-2013, 02:42 PM

Because God knows youre incapable!

Hendrik
08-21-2013, 03:59 PM
Got nothing to do with me, Wck DNA is Wck DNA.
Too bad you are a Wck pretender try to debunk Wck DNA.

Because God knows youre incapable!

GlennR
08-21-2013, 07:01 PM

DNA is your definition, thats it. Simple

No other lineages acknowledge your ideas, no experts have championed your cause, no "officials" in China have confirmed your theories.

Also, you only meet with people that already agree with your ideas, try to get approval from other Chinese styles (SC for one), and at the same time disregard anyone who boxes, mma's or thai boxes

Face it, your ideas are mostly nonsense, unproven unless you are a poor innocent yoga ball in your lounge room.

Now go away

Wayfaring
08-21-2013, 09:22 PM

U mad? Maybe need to relax your 7th bow. ;)

kentchang
08-21-2013, 10:24 PM

Sounds good!
Can you define what you say in action?

Lots of People don't like it when we present facture information.
When they don't know, when they are wrong , they will against and oppose you.

Red boat era snt basic in brief
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=66240

LFJ
08-22-2013, 12:59 AM
Interesting. HFY lore terms SLT the "application / san sou " approach, and SNT the "system" approach involving everything not just fighting application. The lazy 'N' to 'L' common in the language takes on a significance there in some oral lore.

I don't know about that, but there are some folks who have the term "siu-lin-tau", where the 'lin' is standard pronunciation, not originally an N-initial but with an N-final rather than M, because it's a different character which means practice/ training/ drilling.

练 = lin (standard)
念 = nim (standard) / lim (lazy)

That sounds like what you're talking about. One is "practice", the other is "idea".

Ironically, Hendrik uses that one on his 1850 WCK videos. Maybe he can tell you more, if you are one of those who are interested. :D

Paddington
08-22-2013, 01:56 AM
U mad? Maybe need to relax your 7th bow. ;)

I like Hendrik and I enjoy reading what he contributes (I find his routine does indeed relax my body and makes it more receptive to handling force). That said, what a great line/joke Wayfaring! I hope Hendrik sees the funny side.

Hendrik
08-22-2013, 08:00 AM
Hahaha,

Well, if one doesn't train and develop the seven bows as in standing stake or Jong in snt .

Then one will not able to loose every joints of the seven bows.

Not be able to loose the seven bows will then not be able to use the seven bow for force Change.

Then , one will not be able to use the seven bows in ck set training and development on roundabout momentum or angling handling.

Then, it will be hopeless in the bj set training and development on recovery momentum where bj set teaching means recover from off or broken structure . Without the proper seven bows development in snt. That is not possible to use body like a transformer robot to change into different needed momentum.

See, one key, it solved and support all the three sets core issue.
Sure, one don't have to believe me. However, what is working on the three sets training and development, the body knows the sets match up and turn on. This is the key of the way of the willow, the rattan, the snake body.

So, where is this power of willow technolog ydna comes from ? Emei 12 zhuang , the snake slide worm move, which means moving the big joints in a snake slide manner and smaller joints in a worm move manner.

The key DNA approve itself because it works and give result and most important turn on your three Wck sets. No taiji chuan, Xing yi chuan, Bagua chuan, shao Lin, BM, spm.....etc can do this not even white crane from fujian. But one and only one DNA can do it. The emei 12 zhuang snake slide worm move DNA.

That is how clear it is now, not a theory but a key to bring Wck sets a live.

Seriously, I don't even mind other critics because the more they critic the more they will find out, and at the end, they will know this is the key if they really do Wck .

I like Hendrik and I enjoy reading what he contributes (I find his routine does indeed relax my body and makes it more receptive to handling force). That said, what a great line/joke Wayfaring! I hope Hendrik sees the funny side.

tc101
08-22-2013, 10:57 AM
That is how clear it is now, not a theory but a key to bring Wck sets a live.

You can not bring sets or forms alive no matter how you practice them. To be alive requires let me repeat requires one more time requires that you are interacting with an opponent or training partner so that you are adjusting to and responding to their actions. No opponent or training partner means it is not alive or live.

It is amazing how you go on and on and on about form practice. But then I guess when that when all you can do is forms you think forms are the answer to everything.

Seriously, I don't even mind other critics because the more they critic the more they will find out, and at the end, they will know this is the key if they really do Wck .

So Mr. Armchair the guy with no credible wing chun skills is telling the world how he knows this is the key to wing chun is the way of the willow.

guy b.
08-22-2013, 11:55 AM
You can not bring sets or forms alive no matter how you practice them. To be alive requires let me repeat requires one more time requires that you are interacting with an opponent or training partner so that you are adjusting to and responding to their actions. No opponent or training partner means it is not alive or live.

He doesn't mean alive in the sense of Matt Thornton, you buffoon. He means energise, enliven.

So Mr. Armchair the guy with no credible wing chun skills is telling the world how he knows this is the key to wing chun is the way of the willow.

Speak for yourself. Hendrik is a real person. You are a fake name on an internet forum. Your claim to train wing chun or anything else is not convincing. He's giving you something you can either try or not try. It is completely up to you.

GlennR
08-23-2013, 04:07 AM

You do mind critics otherwise you wouldnt have said the above statement.

Anyway, you dont do WCK, you indulge in martial masturbation, by yourself ,fantasising about someone from 1850.