PDA

View Full Version : Weapon orgin?

GGL
11-14-2001, 06:28 AM
For the past 2 to 3 years.. I have been centering on the butterfly swords, chain whip, and the rope dart. I was wondering what was everyones view on the orgin of these weapons. What were they orginally used for. I know some people classify the chain whip and rope dart as "soft" weapons (although they seem really hard when I hit myself with them).. I also heard that chain and rope dart were traditonally women's weapons.. What do ya think.. any info will be helpful.

Thanks

Sharky
11-14-2001, 06:30 AM
the nunchuks were originally used on farms in Okin... oh sorry, i read too fast.

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

CLFNole
11-14-2001, 06:32 AM
Personally I have often thought that chain whips and rope darts were backup/secondary weapons used when ones main weapon was lost.

Butterfly knives were often concelled in ones jacket sleves and used as a hidden weapon.

Peace.

Tainan Mantis
11-14-2001, 12:02 PM
My grand teacher has a chain whip from when it was for killing, and not making an impressive form.
It weighs 9kg-about 20 ibs. I haven't seen it but my teacher said it is so.
He said it can knock down brick walls. I'd like to see the woman who can weild that weapon.

Kung Lek
11-15-2001, 12:25 AM
butterfly knives are straight out of the kitchen.
chop chop chop yer steaks up! :D

A butchers tool(s) of the trade.

the others,(whip and rope) were classical weapons used in battle and carried as concealed weapons.

handy dandy for long range and getting guys off of horses, or getting guys while riding horses or just getting guys by surprise.

peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links (http://members.home.net/kunglek)