PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Speakman?

Jeff Liboiron
11-14-2001, 11:22 PM
What do you guys know about him?

The object is not to hurt someone else, but to stop them from hurting you

JWTAYLOR
11-15-2001, 12:09 AM
Allot. I've met and trained with him on several occasions, and I've probabbly had dinner with him at various functions half a dozen times. A real genuine guy, who really does knows his stuff.

What do you want to know about him?

Go to the American Kenpo Karate System's web site. He is part of that organization.

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

Kung Lek
11-15-2001, 12:20 AM
hey jwt, you forgot to mention the words "movie star"

Kempo guy starred in a couple of good action flicks.

peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links (http://members.home.net/kunglek)

JWTAYLOR
11-15-2001, 12:22 AM
Well, the action was good.
JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

Stranger
11-15-2001, 12:22 AM
"good action flicks"

I hope you are not counting "The Pefect Weapon" in that group.

Cheez-Wh1z! :D

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

KC Elbows
11-15-2001, 12:24 AM
Am I mistaken, or did you just say Cheez-****, and it was censored?

KC Elbows
11-15-2001, 12:24 AM
I've got this genius friend, he's a real wh1z!

I se, its okay as long as it involves number one. Now, number two is another matter.

rogue
11-15-2001, 12:28 AM
That movie was a Perfect Weapon. Matter of fact the Nothern Alliance just mounted movie screens on their tanks and show all of Jeffs movies. Why do you think the Taliban hightail out without a fight.

[I]Signed,
Rogue, Soke and Senior Grandmaster of Southeast American Brazillian Bagua Combat Chi jitsu Kempo Karate Do and Choral Society.

The only tactical principle which is not subject to change; it is, “To use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."

Now I want you to remember that no ******* ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb ******* die for his countr

Jeff Liboiron
11-15-2001, 02:40 AM
just wonderin what style of MA he practiced, but you already answered that :)

is american kenpo the same thing as kenpo karate? i don't know much about kenpo becasue i study wing chun, but Jeff Speakman has inspired me to look into it. :)

Kung Lek
11-15-2001, 02:47 AM
american kempo is ed parkers kempo

kempo per se was james mitose's japanese version of Chuan Fa

ed learned from james
elvis learned from ed

lot's of different kinds of kempo around though.

kempo was all the rage at one time, a lot of people diss it now.

my opinion is that the individual fighter can indeed make kempo work when they put more emphasis on economy of motion a la wing chun or Hsing I.

when they do the all out 78 moves before the smackdown it looks good but...

anyway, it does have lots of bonafide cma in it. some folks do it with a decidely "karate" flavour-ed parker and others do it with more of a chinese flair. I personally prefer the chinese flair variety.

still, I'll take Siu Lam Kung Fu styles anyday.

peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links (http://members.home.net/kunglek)

Laine Nakachi
11-15-2001, 06:16 AM
What do you guys know about him ?
The object is not to hurt someone else , but to stop them from hurting you.

Jeff,good ah ! Same name as the movie actor and martial artist,himself.
But only the last name is different.
I have all of speakman's movies on video cassette.
I love that guy.
To me he fights similar to Steven Seagal,but the only thing is different styles.

Speakman learned from Ed Parker who was the father of the American Kempo Karate.
The techniques used in the street knight was kung fu,but the way he attacked his opponent,was kenpo.
And ofcoarse Ed Parker learned from William Chow.

Anyway,this is just my input to your topic.

Take Care,

Fe luk

Shaolindynasty
11-15-2001, 06:20 AM
You guys didn't like "perfect weapon"? I liked it, I watch it every time it comes on TBS Movies for guys who Like Movies.

www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net (http://www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net)

rogue
11-15-2001, 06:29 AM
I'll admit his martial arts in his flicks did look good.

[I]Signed,
Rogue, Soke and Senior Grandmaster of Southeast American Brazillian Bagua Combat Chi jitsu Kempo Karate Do and Choral Society.

The only tactical principle which is not subject to change; it is, “To use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."

Now I want you to remember that no ******* ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb ******* die for his countr

joedoe
11-15-2001, 06:30 AM
Yeah, I liked Perfect Weapon. Haven't seen any of his others.

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
You're fu(king up my chi

Jeff Liboiron
11-15-2001, 06:39 AM
I've seen the perfect weapon, i love the fight scene when he's in that training gym, and nails that one dude like 30 times in a row :)

I've also seen the expert but didn't like it except for that fight scene in the alley, i loved it when he elbows that guy in the balls, CLASSIC MOVE!! :)

what are his other movies?

JWTAYLOR
11-15-2001, 03:35 PM
What's nice is that just about every single technique in The Perfect Weapon was pretty close to text book kenpo. Any intermediate kenpo practitioner should be able to call out all of the techniques in the movie. Of course, a couple of high spin kicks were thrown in for the camera. Mr. Speakman says that he has never been able to watch the entire movie without breaking up becuase Mr. Parker died before he could see it.

JWT