PDA

View Full Version : Wing Chun on the Modern Battlefield

KPM
09-04-2013, 03:44 AM
dlcox wrote:

my theories on the use of WC have been forged in the fires of combat. So if you think that I don't understand or can't use WC because I don't whole heartedly support your point of view, maybe then you ought to tell that to all my troopers. You see they have applied my WC on the Afghan & Iraqi battlefields not YouTube.

This comment in another thread sounded like a great topic! I would love to hear more about this! Would you care to elaborate Mr. Cox? Thanks!

GlennR
09-04-2013, 03:46 AM
dlcox wrote:

my theories on the use of WC have been forged in the fires of combat. So if you think that I don't understand or can't use WC because I don't whole heartedly support your point of view, maybe then you ought to tell that to all my troopers. You see they have applied my WC on the Afghan & Iraqi battlefields not YouTube.

This comment in another thread sounded like a great topic! I would love to hear more about this! Would you care to elaborate Mr. Cox? Thanks!

I agree.
Some specific examples would be great

KPM
09-04-2013, 05:40 AM
No problem. Thanks for that input. And good luck with your efforts at getting a contracting job! Have you ever corresponded with Sifu Duncan Leung? He had a Wing Chun program for the military that he was teaching in the 80's or 90's. Sifu Lo Man Kam has taught military and police units in Taiwan in the past as well. He has a book called "Police Kung Fu" that may provide some further inspiration.

I expressed an interest because I am active duty Army. But I see my troopers at the other end...after they have already been injured in combat.