PDA

View Full Version : I JUST GOT HIT BY A CAR

brucelee2
11-15-2001, 03:57 AM
A little over an hour ago I was walking to work, crossing a street at a corner when a car made a right turn and rammed into me at about 30 or more kilometers per hour. It hit me on the left side and I bounced up onto the hood/windshield and then fell off. I was pis*ed off. Then I lay on the ground for a little while. then there was a small crowd of people around me- one woman was holding my hand (an angel) and then the fire people and an ambulance and cops came- someone dialled 911 on their cellphone. Then a girl I work with came walking up. I felt like crying and I wanted my (a) mother. There was perhaps one instant when I realized the car wasn't going to stop. Now I have a slight moral dilemma. My left thigh (where the bumper hit) hurts, as does my calf and left hand. I'm gonna go to the doctor tomorrow and get some x rays. Sh*t- now I can't practice kung fu for a bit. I hope I'm OK.

Go forward, my son, and
be like unto a torch
upon the darkness. Thou
are stripped now, of all
that was before. Look
not to thy fellow men
for guidance or
countenance- they canst
advise you no longer.
Thou shalt be as dust
now, and dust shall be
upon the tongues of thy
enemy. Verily, thou
shalt herald the coming
of the new age upon
man."

Kung Lek
11-15-2001, 04:00 AM
geez, I hope you're ok too dude.

I wiped out a couple of motorcycles and crashed a couple of cars, but I haven't been hit by one before.

yeesh.

hope ya heal up good.

peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links (http://members.home.net/kunglek)

Sharky
11-15-2001, 04:02 AM
whose fault was it?

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

brucelee2
11-15-2001, 04:09 AM
It was completely her fault (legally).

Sharky
11-15-2001, 04:19 AM
ok i hope you are ok.

but why u just say legally, i don't care about that, i care about who's REALLY to blame ;)

joedoe
11-15-2001, 04:39 AM
I hope you are OK. Sounds pretty bad (the accident that is, not your condition).

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
You're fu(king up my chi

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-15-2001, 04:52 AM
it sucks you didn't die dude.

where's my beer?

Sharky
11-15-2001, 04:57 AM
LOL

joedoe
11-15-2001, 05:04 AM
Now now GDA, that's not very nice. :)

You're fu(king up my chi

Martial Joe
11-15-2001, 05:14 AM
HAHAha good one...

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif IXIJoe KaveyIXIhttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif
I am Sharky's main man...

SevenStar
11-15-2001, 05:42 AM
Was she cute?

"Just because I joke around sometimes doesn't mean I'm serious about kung-fu.
" - nightair

brucelee2
11-15-2001, 07:31 AM
Gunned Down Atrocity,

Looking at your email adress on your profile(I wishIwasdead@hotmail.com), it seems like there's nothing I can say to you that life isn't doing to you already. I can't really think of any fitting response to your post, I don't think there is one. And Martial Joe, your support of that post says quite a bit about you as well. To others- thanks for your support.

Nexus
11-15-2001, 07:36 AM
Cars can be trouble! I've been in two car accidents, both in which had I not been wearing a seat belt, i'd be windshield scrapings for the reconstructionist. Hope you feel better soon, and a speedily recovery so you can train!

- Nexus

Fish of Fury
11-15-2001, 07:38 AM
don't worry brucelee2, i don't think GDA means anything by it.

i hope you're OK
:)

__________________________________________________ _________________________ "I'm just trying to lull you into a genuine sense of security!"

SantaClaus
11-15-2001, 07:39 AM
I never agree with GDA. We never meet eye to eye. But in this case, he is right, go right back out there and play in traffic. The universe was trying to tell you something. You probably thought, "Oh my god, I should be dead right now" that was the universe's message.

SHALL YOU DEFY THE UNIVERSE?!? Go play hopscotch on the freeway until you reach nirvana.

Xebsball
11-15-2001, 07:42 AM
GDA is sarcastic, but he means no harm to you, it was just a evil humor joke.

Hope you get well and develop great kung fu footwork when you get back to training :p

-------------------------
"I AM EFFECTIVNESS"

joedoe
11-15-2001, 07:49 AM
Generally, I don't use this word if I can avoid it, but you are a (unt. Even if you said that in jest, it is pretty poor form.

You're fu(king up my chi

Cody
11-15-2001, 07:50 AM
Heal well and completely.

best,
Cody

David
11-15-2001, 01:09 PM
Cheer up, Brian. You know what they say.
Some things in life are bad,
They can really make you mad.
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle,
Don't grumble, give a whistle!
And this'll help things turn out for the best...
And...
the music fades into the song

...always look on the bright side of life!
whistle

Always look on the bright side of life...
If life seems jolly rotten,
There's something you've forgotten!
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing,

When you're feeling in the dumps,
Don't be silly chumps,
Just purse your lips and whistle -- that's the thing!
And... always look on the bright side of life...

whistle
Come on!

other start to join in
Always look on the bright side of life...
whistle

For life is quite absurd,
And death's the final word.
You must always face the curtain with a bow!
Forget about your sin -- give the audience a grin,
Enjoy it -- it's the last chance anyhow!

So always look on the bright side of death!
Just before you draw your terminal breath.
Life's a piece of sh*t,
When you look at it.

Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true,
You'll see it's all a show,
Keep 'em laughing as you go.
Just remember that the last laugh is on you!

And always look on the bright side of life...
whistle
Always look on the bright side of life
whistle

(transcribed from Oxford University Humour archive)

The powers of Kung Fu never fail!
-- Hong Kong Phooey

KC Elbows
11-15-2001, 05:06 PM
bruce lee2,
When I first came on this forum, I would see some of the things GDA posts, and I'd be like, "This guys evil-crazy," but that's just his form of humor, and its not to be taken seriously. He's definitely got his funny moments, and he's pretty good at ribbing other forum members(for their pleasure).

So like they say, don't just fall and give up, buster, get those gnarled masses of contusions you call buns off that chair, cause its high time you jumped right back onto the crazy colt called traffic and rounded up some high-speed doggies! (Speach inspired by The Tic, all rights reserved)

JWTAYLOR
11-15-2001, 05:08 PM
Yeah, but how did the other guy look? Huhh?
JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

Metal Fist
11-15-2001, 05:47 PM
Hey BL2, if the driver was at fault, sue him.
It may seem insignificant, but people need to be held accountable for all their actions, especially when driving a car. If her insurance will pay medical, cool, but sue her for pain and suffering and all else that goes with this kind of crap.

"Do whatever it takes to be the last man standing!"

cwheelie
11-15-2001, 09:48 PM
But did you get in a counter punch? :p

de ja fu - The feeling that somewhere, somehow you've been kicked in the head like this before.

Martial Joe
11-15-2001, 09:52 PM
brucelee2~Stop crying, it was a joke... :p

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif IXIJoe KaveyIXIhttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif

Wongsifu
11-15-2001, 09:53 PM
man that really sux dude , im glad youre ok...

you see guys training in iron body does have its uses !!!!!

what do bin laden and general custer have in common????
They're both wondering where the fu(k all of those tomahawks are coming from. - donated by mojo

Badger
11-15-2001, 09:54 PM
This is why you need to learn to defend against the takedown.

Glad you are okay!

Badger

There's a little poop in all of us.

Badger
11-15-2001, 09:57 PM
Are you Unbreakable???

Badger

cwheelie
11-15-2001, 10:20 PM
toyota -do
nissanjitsu
honda fu
:D

de ja fu - The feeling that somewhere, somehow you've been kicked in the head like this before.

kungfuyou
11-15-2001, 10:41 PM
I don't know where you live, but here in California, the pedestrian ALWAYS has the right of way. No matter if they're in the cross walk or not! Kind of a good law, but can suck. You get those people who just jump out in front of you or don't watch where they are walking, and I have to pay for their stupidity?!

I guess something's in life aren't fair!

Hope you recover well. :D

chen zhen
11-15-2001, 10:55 PM
i was hit by a bicycle once..

Martial Joe
11-15-2001, 11:34 PM
I was hit by a tricycle...and then a unicycle...

KC Elbows
11-15-2001, 11:36 PM
Clowns hate martial joe.

City, your toast will never go unbuttered again! -The Tic

Martial Joe
11-15-2001, 11:39 PM
haha...

Did I mention a bear was riding the unicycle?

Badger
11-15-2001, 11:54 PM
Was it a juggling bear?

Badger

origenx
11-16-2001, 12:00 AM
brucelee2 - I strongly suggest you see a chiropractor as I can guarantee you that impact jacked your spine out of whack. Especially if it didn't hurt much right after but got real stiff and sore the next few days. That shows that your vertebrae got misaligned and your muscles tightend and locked up in protective response. If not treated, it will over many years likely lead to disc-thinning, fusion, calcification and fusion. You don't want that.

Martial Joe
11-16-2001, 12:13 AM
Badger...yes...but with giant premium ham...

Badger
11-16-2001, 12:20 AM
You poor soul!

Badger

CanadianBadAss
11-16-2001, 02:15 AM
Bruce, I think you might've misinterpreted GDA. He's really a kind gentle guy, but he expresses his feelings differently then most. By saying "it sucks you didn't die u little *****." he really means I love you, and hope you get better soon.

|) /- | | |
| / |_| |__

brucelee2
11-16-2001, 08:38 AM
Thanks again for the support for those who gave it. Went to the doctor today. She said I'm extremely lucky- she said I didn't even need x rays, that there was only soft tissue damage. I have a friend visiting this weekend who is a bodyworker (bowen, cranial sacral, cellular reprogramming...) so I will get worked on by her. Spoke to a lawyer today. Have a meeting with a claims adjuster next week. The amazing thing is that after being hit by a car going 30 kilometers+, especially since I bounced onto the hood/windshield and then the ground, and I don't even have a bruise!, although I do have some pain. The doctor said I must have just relaxed and 'loosened' on impact. I haven't trained/practiced MA too much/too long, but I credit it to natural flexibility/looseness and having stored up a certain amount of chi from chi qong/bagua. It reminds me of when I played high school football. I didn't get put in much as I was small and not terribly athletic, but one day when we were losing pretty badly (we went 2-8 that year), the coach put me on the kickoff return team. Needless to say, to opposing coach had them kick the ball right to me. It bounced, I grabbed it, looked up, and was immediately tackled. A friend told me afterwards it was the hardest hit he'd ever seen. I guess I just relaxed/went limp, bounced, and got up (without fumbling). 'Nuff said-

Go forward, my son, and
be like unto a torch
upon the darkness. Thou
are stripped now, of all
that was before. Look
not to thy fellow men
for guidance or
countenance- they canst
advise you no longer.
Thou shalt be as dust
now, and dust shall be
upon the tongues of thy
enemy. Verily, thou
shalt herald the coming
of the new age upon
man."

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-16-2001, 08:46 AM
you could have at least gotten crippled or something dude. jesus.

where's my beer?

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-16-2001, 08:46 AM
"This is why you need to learn to defend against the takedown."

LMAO

where's my beer?

Ozihn
11-16-2001, 08:50 AM
monty python songs forever! (nice post david :))

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-16-2001, 11:04 AM
"The doctor said I must have just relaxed and 'loosened' on impact. I haven't trained/practiced MA too much/too long, but I credit it to natural flexibility/looseness and having stored up a certain amount of chi from chi qong/bagua."

LOL .. . i'll coment on that one when im no t **** poor drunk.

where's my beer?

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-16-2001, 11:05 AM
pi ss poor drunk

where's my beer?

Kristoffer
11-16-2001, 01:06 PM
What shall we do with the drunken sailor..
What shall we do with the drunken sailor..
What shall we do with the drunken sailor, early in the mooorning?

~K~
"maybe not in combat.. but think of the chicks man, the chicks!" -- someone on the subject of back-flips in combat --