PDA

View Full Version : One ring to judge them all!

Confucius26
11-15-2001, 07:40 PM
Today is a great day in martial arts history!

Come to the new Cyber Kung Fu ring.

It's time to know who's the strong and who's the weak!

Put your cybersuit and come to fight with martial artists from all over the world.

Everything is permitted because it's not real!! No more :"I can't use my deadly Kung Fu techniques" or "BJJ is better than Kung Fu"

Be the King of the cyberring!

That could be cool no?
Something like in The Matrix where you fight in VR but with no injuries.

Could this be possible in the near future?

Tigerstyle
11-15-2001, 07:46 PM
Ralek would rule! That would be video game fighting right?

"No Pain - Good."
- neptunesfall

Budokan
11-15-2001, 07:47 PM
I suppose it could be possible in some manifestation, but how could it be a good way to judge one's skill? VR fighting (which is nothing more than video game fighting) isn't the same as reality in which you have to contend with physical exhaustion, technique manipulation, fear, etc.

K. Mark Hoover

Confucius26
11-15-2001, 10:28 PM
It could be physical.

You put a body suit and wave your hands and feet to make your VR counterpart moves!

You can feel minor pain when hit with minor electric pulses.

If your arm is broken, the VR counterpart could not move is arm or move it more slowly and so on.

There's no limit if the technology can permit it!

Budokan
11-16-2001, 12:21 AM
Depends on what kind of break you have in your arm. Someone intent on protecting the lives of their wive and children may well find it possible to move a broken arm...

There are simply too many variables, IMO, to program for any 'Matrix' type VR.

K. Mark Hoover

KC Elbows
11-16-2001, 12:58 AM
I think its possible, but it will take a while for technology to catch up. For modern martial artists, such technology would be the goal, as it would allow us to fight life and death battles every day, but never be at risk.

Imagine the jump in skill level! The only problem I see is that, if you were wearing a suit that responded, the suit would have to have some way to limit your movement when you were in contact with opponents, walls, or other objects. I don't know how you could do it, but it would be great.

City, your toast will never go unbuttered again! -The Tic